View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2024, 05:21 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active

Narrowed eyes study the feline as they speak, long, thin tail tapping behind her. She honestly cannot begin to fathom what possessed the warrior to say nothing about this paw. From the intake of air, their automatic flinch before their paw had even touched the ground, their inability to so much as walk without wincing... it was all so hare-brained. Lightningstorm was having issues believing that no one else had noticed Poppysong's condition, not for the first few seconds of seeing the obvious pain they were in. The longer she was allowed to stew in her own thoughts, however, the more she remembered just how much WindClan cats didn't give a damn about anyone that didn't somehow benefit them directly. Still, this was a new low for the warriors of the clan, and the spotted lass had a good mind to storm into the warriors' den with her patient in tow as an example. Letting them know that it was that level of care and generosity that let arseholes poison the healer's herb supply while the healer took the blame for it and was offered up as the next prey to catch.

Yes, that would be a nice comeback. Look at you lot, high in your bloody perches built on the bones of every cat you've ever murdered when you can't even tell your clanmates can barely keep up with your worthless parades around camp. If it hadn't been for the fact that the medicine cat was certain the only one who would give a rat's arse about the whole production would be Poppysong themselves as they simmered in their own sense of shame she would have gone through with the bloody ordeal, but the truth was that no matter how much the lithe calico abhorred the clan she had once called her own, she could never bring herself to cause such misery to a patient. Much less one so obviously in pain. They'd suffered enough. Being made an example of wouldn't help them, and WindClan was beyond helping anyways.

"Stay here," she mewed, standing up as she went into the herb stores beneath.

Organizing through her herbs, the wiry framed she-cat noticed a few that were past their expiration date. Gratefully, even among those expired, she could salvage quite a fair bit. Among them were two sunfuzzies which would come in handy as the weather turned, a cobweb which she would have to reinforce with more later on... although gratefully the seven sheets of moss would handle anything dire while the cobwebs were gathered... Digging further in, she found a tansy - a flower she had gained a rather large distaste for through no fault of the herb itself - two marigolds... nope. None of these would work... Three dandelion... Three burnet... Aha! Two whole poppy flowers besides three borage leaves.

Wrinkling her nose with distaste, Lightningstorm remembered the severe lack of daisy in the territory ever since the herb shortage had begun. Hopefully, once leafbare was over... once newleaf begun... Maybe then they would find herbs again. If not, she would have to start taking towards the outskirts and twoleg gardens to replenish her supplies. Another sigh, this time exhausted, escaped her. She would admit to not relishing the thought. Disgruntled, the medicine cat grabbed a single poppy seed - no need for two this time around - and went back towards the entrance chamber were Poppysong awaited her. Approaching the orange and gray warrior, she dropped the poppy seed before her, circling around to sit down some distance away.

"I am not certain if the pain is fully caused by an improperly healed fracture alone - meaning there is precious little else I can offer - or if there is some swelling accounting for your condition. The paw's a proper mess though, innit? I'll see if I can find some daisy to make a poultice for the swelling. If it helps in any way... we'll take whatever small victories we can at this point. We'll have to wait until newleaf for that, though... potentially even greenleaf. Just... try and be careful on it. If it's ever too painful, come back and check with me. I'll try to give you a poppy seed so that existing itself isn't misery," the medicine cat mewed, her eyes dull as she spoke, making mental notes of future patrols to send as well as preparing herself for all the impending disappointment those would bring with them.

[+2 Goldenrod | +1 Cobwebs | +1 Tansy | +2 Marigold | +3 Dandelion | +3 Burnet | +20 Poppy Seeds | +3 Borage | +7 Moss]

@MangofDoom [Poppysong]
| Sorry for the sudden inventory checkup. Needed her to do a clean up, and seeing as how she was going down to the herb storage anyways, decided to clear it up here for efficiency's sake! Once Poppysong takes the poppy seeds, we can have the roleplay be finished, but feel free to have him stay and try and interact if you want - Lightningstorm will deflect, as this started back in her angrier days, but she'll keep it in mind for future interactions - or have him come back at some other point in time! Completely up to you. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios