View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2024, 09:55 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Mudhound
Thunderclan Hornet | They/them | 35 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

They'd tried. Starclan even collapsed on the ground as they watched the fading form of the hawk carrying Bumblekit they swore they'd tried.

Mudhound had run, even after the hawk had grabbed the kitten and flew away on the ground they'd run looking up at the hawk as they barrelled through the undergrowth, crying out to the kit as they did. "JUST HOLD ON BUMBLEKIT!! IM COMING, YOU'LL BE OK! IM RIGHT HERE IM RIGHT HERE!"

But no one could outrun a hawk in flight, especially not a three legged cat, and the hornet knew that to Bumblekit in the birds talons Mudhound voice had to be getting ever further away. The warriors throat hurt between great gasps of air and futile empty words of comfort to a kit who might still be living but was probably already damned, legs pumping as they tried to catch up to the hawk.

It came to an abrupt end however, Mudhound tripping painfully over an unseen log as they shrieked out a "NO!" as the bird slipped out of their vision, gone. They'd lost it, they'd lost Bumblekit and in that they'd lost their little Lotus-honey all over again.
The warrior sobbed, paws slamming down on the log as they cried "Nononononono!" over and over again, territory empty and quiet around them as they looked out into the space the bird had vanished, a bare hint of blue river hinting at the possible direction of where it's nest might be. But it didnt matter really if the tripod could find the nest now, by the time they caught up Bumblekit would be dropped and dead or killed and devoured all because Mudhound had failed to protect her.

Through tears and shaky breaths the warrior couldnt cope, realizing they'd have to inform the clan of their failure and of Bumblekits fate and soon, as it'd be cruel to keep her kin in suspense, and eventually dragged themself up. The tears would not stop the trek home, matting the tripods cheeks as their breath shuttered and hiccuped, slowly padding home as they didnt even notice the pain in the twisted paw that'd halted their chase.

'Im sorry Bumblekit. I failed you. Im so so sorry.'

@peachfuzz~

Last edited by Rani; March 18th, 2024 at 09:56 PM.