View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2024, 05:49 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Falling Wishes and Sweeter Dreams

Sweetsong
------------------

She sat beside Fallenwish, watching the drawing in the earth with a muted gaze. Her thoughts had wandered to Crowpaw; Was he alright? How was she going to tell him someone knew? Even if her secret was safe, it was only dreams, so why did it have to be a secret? Was she breaking the warrior code more?

"Birdsnow is angry with me," Sweetsong choked out. "I was...found talking to a lost kittypet a few weeks ago...I tried to talk reason; That there were ways to deal with trespassers without aggression...I was telling the kittypet that she wasn't supposed to be there...but..but then Fadingsun came upon us...saying we were in trouble..and then Birdsnow came..." Sweetsong huddled down into a ball, her paws over her eyes. "Wh-when she said...the two cats she had been considering making medicine cats...h-had disappointed her..." Sweetsong choked out another sob, "Sh-She was talking about m-me and Cobwebpaw...we were both there, just...talking to a stranger...for only a few breaths..."

"I made a mistake, and ruined my chances....what if Birdsnow finds out I am speaking to someone from ThunderClan? I-in my dreams? And so soon after the recent attack! What if she casts me out? Exiles me? At least if she kills me I can be where I belong...r-right?" Sweetsong turned an anguished gaze onto Fallenwish. "What if I'm just fooling myself? What if I'm not meant to be a medicine cat? I'm not perfect...I'm less a warrior than a rogue is a kittypet...maybe I should...maybe I should just be a kittypet..."

She dropped her face into her paws, sobbing softly. What could she do? Birdsnow's wrath was her own fault. Had she been a true warrior, she would have...she would have...hurt Melody. But why? What did she really do to deserve that? Cross an invisible boundary she wasn't aware of, an innocent mistake? Sweetsong felt sick at the idea of hurting someone who didn't deserve such a foul treatment. Did she really belong in such a vicious life? Did she really want to watch her friends and family be hurt because of pride and prejudice? No...but she knew the warrior code...and she couldn't just leave Crowpaw like that....

@hades.