View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2024, 12:26 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Falling Wishes and Sweeter Dreams

Sweetsong
------------------

She wasn't convinced by her sister's forced cheer, and she watched worriedly while Fallenwish pulled herself from her nest, but while she did she was quick to pluck the scraps of moss from her sister's pelt with her small white paws as Fallenwish headed outside. Sweetsong followed close, her head tilting to one side as she noticed the heavy limp.

Outside of camp the air just felt cleaner and fresher, and Sweetsong was ready to start bounding with the butterflies when Fallenwish stopped suddenly and spoke. Sweetsong listened, her expression changing from worry to horror to anxiety. She looked down at her paws, plucking the grass with her claws.

"I wish there was a place for the cats like us..." Sweetsong whispered, "Cats who aren't medicine cats, but they aren't warriors either...I'd call them Herbalists. Cats specially picked and qualified to keep herb patrols flowing and to assist in healing after battles...but something like that is far out of line for us to suggest...I don't think I'll...be medicine cat either." Sweetsong forced back a tearful sob.
But the topic of Poisonberry and StarClan made her pelt bristle uneasily. "Definitely...not a dream from StarClan," She whispered, her eyes clouding over once more with anxiety. How was Poisonberry getting through? Was it because of her?
"I-I saw her as well...but as a shadow almost..." She hesitated, glancing at Fallenwish nervously. "But I was..I was in someone else's dream."

"But what..what if it does?" Sweetsong asked, "I want to be a medicine cat too...it's a shared dream for us both. But I've already sullied my chances...Birdsnow...she's angry with me and...while I understand why, I feel she overreacted...yet I can't blame her...so much burden and pressure was thrown onto her shoulders..." Tears began to fall freely, "But if I still have a chance...what if who I am seeing...if that is shared...that would only jeopardize my chances more...."

But she owed Fallenwish her honesty. Fallenwish shared hers, and Sweetsong hated keeping secrets. She had more than enough...with Fallenwish being one of the only cats who knew of some. Like her vegetarianism. Her dreamwalking. Her fears and deepest worries...
"I-I was...I found myself speaking to Crowpaw..." She said finally, her voice so low that it was barely perceptible. The worst part had yet to be said.
A part that she knew would shock and anger Fallenwish. She had sustained an injury in the recent attack, and as Sweetsong's eyes lifted, they rested on Fallenwish's injured limb, her eyes two liquid pools of sadness and remorse.

"Of ThunderClan...."

@hades.