My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars. View Post

-.+riverwhisper+.-
purrks - mind reader (active)
23 moons
calm/anxious/caring/kind

Riverwhisper saw Swanberry's posture deflate, as if she knew the pain of having a family who didn't care about her. He moved closer, pressing up against her. "Hey," he said. "The past is the past. Whatever happened back then, it doesn't matter now. You're here, right now." He bit his lip to stop himself from saying with me. But as he comforted her, telling her to let go of the past, he felt himself slipping into a memory he thought was long buried...

"Daddy! Look what I found!" Riverkit mewed, bouncing around his father's legs. The young kit held up the shiny rock, purring. His father turned and glared at him. "I don't care about your stupid rock!" he snarled, swiping his claws across Riverkit's cheek. Riverkit cried with pain. "Dad!" he wailed, but his father had already turned and left. Riverkit began to cry. No one was in the nursery. No one had seen it. Who would believe a two moon old kit, who's father was a "loyal" warrior? He stumbled towards the medicine den, hoping he'd be safe. Safe... from his own father.

Riverwhisper barely heard Swanberry say that she liked making flower crowns. He had pressed up against the she-cat to comfort her, but now he was the cat who needed comforting. His lip quivered. Keep your emotions in check. Don't let anyone see how you feel, like you're bleeding out every damn day... he thought. He repeated it over and over, but finally he burst. All the emotions he had shoved down since came flooding out, like the river after a bad storm. He sobbed into her shoulder. "Out of a-all the c-cats i thought I-I'd be scared of, I-I never imagined my-my father would be one of them," he said, trembling. "Saying my family wasn't all that great was an understatement. I guess my father hated me for 'killing' my mother. S-She died kitting me. I heard she was-" He choked on the words. "S-She was kind," he sobbed. He buried his muzzle in her fur, not caring how she felt. He just needed someone, anyone, to comfort him.

this was actually hard to write

[Swanberry]
She\Warrior\RC
"No one knows how far I'll go."

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

She stared with jade green eyes, wrinkles of worry folding around her snout.

Great Starclan, poor Riverwhisper was in worse shape than he was letting on. It looked as if he had finally broken. He had finally given up and let it all out.

Swanberry stiffened as he buried his wet face into her shoulder, finding herself absentmindedly shifting so he could rest on her more comfortably. She swiped a few good licks across his ears, her pink tongue flicking in and out like that of a snake.

"Hey, Riverwhisper, it's okay," Swanberry coed, rocking herself back and fourth like the steady waves of a calm river. "He's nowhere near here (Hopefully. Her thoughts countered, cutting into her optimistic nature.), and even if he was, I'd knock the snot out of him before he could get even 5 fox-lengths close to you. You're my clanmate, you don't deserve this."

As comforting as she wanted to sound, she couldn't help but notice her words were laced with a twinge of unease. It was almost eerie hearing someone come and gut themselves out at her paws, the very thing that Swanberry constantly avoided doing on the regular.

Maybe that made Riverwhisper more willing to share than her. He was probably ready. She obviously wasn't.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!