Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

[Swanberry]
She\Warrior\RC
"No one knows how far I'll go."

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

"Considering my family wasn't all that great."

Swanberry frowned, her strong posture suddenly deflating.

Her heart ached for Riverwhisper. She knew how that felt, infact the feeling was all too familiar, almost infuriating. Her family didn't care about her, but she cared. She cared so much that it rotted her from---

She sighed, swatting away any thoughts that entered her mind and shoving them, deep deep down into the darkest corners of her brain.

From what she gathered, Riverwhisper seemed like a very respectable tom, seemly not affected by his past traumas other than wanting a family.

How sweet. Swanberry thought, squashing the stupid smile that threatened to flicker across her face.

"Me?" She said suddenly, obviously forgetting her place in the conversation. "I uh--- I like to make flower crowns! They're really fluffing difficult, but they're pretty." And then she paused, realizing she had next to nothing to say about herself. Her brain completely blanked on her, and she was left with nothing.

She smiled apologetically.

-.+riverwhisper+.-
purrks - mind reader (active)
23 moons
calm/anxious/caring/kind

Riverwhisper saw Swanberry's posture deflate, as if she knew the pain of having a family who didn't care about her. He moved closer, pressing up against her. "Hey," he said. "The past is the past. Whatever happened back then, it doesn't matter now. You're here, right now." He bit his lip to stop himself from saying with me. But as he comforted her, telling her to let go of the past, he felt himself slipping into a memory he thought was long buried...

"Daddy! Look what I found!" Riverkit mewed, bouncing around his father's legs. The young kit held up the shiny rock, purring. His father turned and glared at him. "I don't care about your stupid rock!" he snarled, swiping his claws across Riverkit's cheek. Riverkit cried with pain. "Dad!" he wailed, but his father had already turned and left. Riverkit began to cry. No one was in the nursery. No one had seen it. Who would believe a two moon old kit, who's father was a "loyal" warrior? He stumbled towards the medicine den, hoping he'd be safe. Safe... from his own father.

Riverwhisper barely heard Swanberry say that she liked making flower crowns. He had pressed up against the she-cat to comfort her, but now he was the cat who needed comforting. His lip quivered. Keep your emotions in check. Don't let anyone see how you feel, like you're bleeding out every damn day... he thought. He repeated it over and over, but finally he burst. All the emotions he had shoved down since came flooding out, like the river after a bad storm. He sobbed into her shoulder. "Out of a-all the c-cats i thought I-I'd be scared of, I-I never imagined my-my father would be one of them," he said, trembling. "Saying my family wasn't all that great was an understatement. I guess my father hated me for 'killing' my mother. S-She died kitting me. I heard she was-" He choked on the words. "S-She was kind," he sobbed. He buried his muzzle in her fur, not caring how she felt. He just needed someone, anyone, to comfort him.

this was actually hard to write

leopard. trampled this place with cats | Rat(e)piales launches rats onto this sig |
Rose side-eyed the cats and rats. Was she here because her name was Kat? | oakcrane graffitis "oakcrane wuz here" everywhere

Character Creator! (read the description please, i just made a new version of someone else's game that had limited color options. it is their art, not mine!)