View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2024, 05:26 PM
Why bother?

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Sweet Nightmares... [P]

Poisonberry...

It worked. The link had been so sudden, but faint. Barred from the dreams of her pathetic little sister...the 'golden' child with her lovely eyes and voice. If only her sweet little sister knew how much power she held within. But a new prey had entered her sights. A scrappy young thing, that had disgustingly fallen over himself for Sweetsong.

She had slipped in through the link. Seen them practically spilling their guts to each other. It had been revolting. But now...

He was where she wanted him. Pulled him into her own waking nightmare. Clawing briars and thorny leaves brushing aside, a massive white paw planted inside of the mouth of the den, silver fur and black stripes winding up the dark warrior's leg. She leered into the den, and for a brief second, Crowpaw would get the sensation of what prey felt like, as hungry, deadly eyes locked onto him in the darkness, the rest of the feline's face shadowed.

"My, are you lost, little one?" The voice that slid out was almost identical to Sweetsong's, but there was a deeper sound, and the tone was cold and chilling. "Welcome to my home, Crowpaw..." The rest of the she-cat slipped into the den, and Poisonberry revealed herself fully.

"I have to thank you." She cooed gently, "Pulling my little sister into your dreams was so very helpful...I was trying for so long to see my precious sister again...I don't understand why...but she blocked me from her dreams...I have something to tell her, to tell my son..." Poisonberry's dark green gaze filled with tears, and she looked positively distressed. "I died so...suddenly...I never got the chance to apologize."

She of course, had never intended to apologize to her sister or her son. But this was such an excellent opportunity, and Poisonberry found herself thinking of all the possibilities that this could open for her....

@SpiritedWarrior