Old February 29th, 2024, 05:20 PM
⯎ Never Be Alone ⯎

Bump Policy: 48 hours ^^
My Mood: Stressed

Default Re: Flashpaw: Hunting Lesson 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Silverlark |
Shadow Fiend - Inactive | Just a Scratch - Inactive | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Inactive

A few nods met the apprentice's response. Silverlark was pleased! With so many mentors doing absolutely nothing for their apprentices - he had two useless mentors he could thank for his own lack of training as a paw - it was good to note that at least the basic hunting crouch had been taught. Really, as far as he was aware, every crouch was the basic hunting crouch. The only changes came down the individual cat. With how comfortable they were catching different prey. Of course, he was also terrible at hunting, so what did the know? Probably not much, but he wasn't about to let that put him down, nope!

His cheery attitude changed mildly as she voiced her concern. The one where she had been going deaf on one ear. Hmmm... he would have to ask her to go to the medicine cat later on, just to make sure it wasn't an illness. A sick apprentice was a sad apprentice, and he didn't want his apprentice to be sad, nope. And if it wasn't a sickness? If it was permanent? Well... they'd figure something out, yep. He was sure Flashie would be able to adapt in time. It might make training take a little longer while she adjusted, but he had every confidence she would see it through. She was a dedicated apprentice! Look look! Already showing off her hunting crouch and everything!

"Right right! That's a good start! Good start! Better than my first one, heh heh. Took me forever, right? Was too loud and clunky, yep. But you know what you need? Bit of confidence, mmmhmmm. Sure steps. You overthink your step, your prey goes away! Not gonna teach you how to ambush, nope. Not today. But... but... Hmmm. Think of hunting like... like sort of smaller ambushing, yeah? Except not on cats. Not for fighting. But you still want to be sneaky sneaky. Not make a peep. I find using my tail, keeping it low to the ground - like this, see - it helps. Don't drag it. Little up. Little twitches to keep you alright. Use your whiskers, too. Good to sense the wind. Don't let it catch you off guard. Go BOO and make you tumble," the tom chortled, little snorts of giddiness escaping him for a moment before his gaze softened, his smile kinder as he turned his attention on the apprentice.

"Looks... Looks. I don't know what it's like, right? To go deaf like that. We can go to the medicine cat if you want. Go together, yeah? Don't have to be alone. And if they tell you that it's permanent? That you won't hear from that ear? Well you know what? I don't think that matters none. My mum? Good hunter, yeah? Even Elmshadow - the former medicine cat, yeah, but used to be a warrior first - respected her. In his own weird, uncaring way. And you know what? You know what? Didn't have an eye. Still fierce in battle and no prey could escape her, didn't matter none. Now... I'm not saying ya have to be like her, ya dig? Nobody should be like nobody else, yeah? Alls I'm saying is that hearing in that there ear or not, you're always you, and that is the best Flashie to be, mmmhmmm. So, what say you? Let's fix up that crouch! Show me what ya gots!"

@blxze. [Flashpaw]
| I do know that Flashpaw already went to Lostlark for the ear thing, but since Silver doesn't know, felt it would be a little power gamey to have him assume she had already gone because she's such a shy, good apprentice that probably doesn't want to worry anyone in his eyes. |

user20199_pic47966_1706994535.png
Flashpaw
Tags; @/Alchemist Kitsune

Flashpaw felt affection for her mentor bubble within her
paws. Silverlark was too good to be true. And yet, here they were,
mentor and apprentice. True as all get-out. She felt so touched by
him she couldn't bear to tell Silverlark she'd already been. She kept
quiet, but felt a blaze of happiness at his words. The cat he spoke
of, with only one eye (Flashpaw wondered what it felt like to always
see weirdly), was respected. She would be, too-- hopefully. "Th-
Th-Tha-Thank-Thank you."
she said softly, but dropped into the
crouch as he'd so eagerly instructed. Her haunches felt awkwardly
off-balance- she was putting too much weight on one side, and too
focused on fixing that to see how she was digging so deep in the
ground she'd dig up dirt if she wasn't careful. She sucked in air rather
sharply, and pressed herself as even as she could. But, no matter
what, she seemed to accidentally put more weight on one paw than
the others. No matter. Flashpaw unsheathed her claws, and began
creeping across the earth. Her legs seemed to have a mind of their
own, her weight still awkwardly off-balance. Sigh. She'd get
it eventually. Flashpaw continued to creep along, and felt genuinely
embarrassed by the fact she kept almost-stumbling from her lack
of balance. Like you're ambushing. Like you're ambushing. I am-bush.
Ing. I am-bush-ing. Ha! Flashpaw smiled at her own stupidity- and
ignored the fact half of the world sounded underwater, and she had to
strain uncomfortably. She was going deaf. So what? So her whole
future as a warrior could be at stake. So she was stupid. No. No, she
was doing it again. But it was true- she was off-balanced, couldn't
talk like a normal cat, and was half-deaf-- or would be. This was great.
So wonderful. Grinding her teeth, Flashpaw tried to stay balanced
and attempted to press her weight on her haunches. Not too bad-
the haunches seemed like a safe bet. She focused on keeping her
hind paws light and her forepaws from being too loud. Well, at
least she wasn't too loud. But she wasn't silent. Yet.

"Prepare for the horrors
This night will keep repeating over and over
And over
Until you make it to the end"

Chaos is yet to arrive

Paris, Alec, Bean, Glitch, Indy, XxGhostStarsxX, PeanutCash, Morrigan, Hollyheart, Dolomedes, and Marigoldwhisper all reside in here. They will never escape :>