View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2024, 03:19 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: Rabbit Running(Private)

After waiting for what seemed like an age for Mintpaw to appear, Deadmoon was forced to conclude that her second apprentice had no intention of showing up. Perhaps glow was out with another warrior, on patrol or something? Or perhaps glow was simply dead asleep? Regardless, Deadmoon wasn´t feeling in the mood to go hunting for glow, and so turned to Duckpaw with a shrug and a huff of I wouldn´t yell if apprentices weren´t prone to dallying about. It wasn´t her finest comedic work, but it would suffice for the moment. It seems Mintpaw isn´t joining us today no DUH fool so we´ll head out by ourselves, alright? It was a rhetorical question. Deadmoon didn´t really care whether Duckpaw was alright with going hunting. They were going hunting either way.

With this instruction given she strode out into the territory, moving into a jog which stretched her legs a bit but should be fairly simple for anyone with four fully functional legs to match. Duckpaw might not be fully up to shape yet, but she should still be able to manage, and it would improve her fitness a bit. Once they were out into the meadow a fair ways, she turned to her apprentice. Right. First, I want you to scent the air, and see what you can smell. Before we can actually catch the rabbits, we need to have an idea where they are. She herself could smell a few in the vicinity, two downslope toward the sun, away from the camp, and another upslope parallel to the camp, roughly a right angle to their current position. She wasn´t expecting Duckpaw to identify all of them, of course, there were probably a few Deadmoon hadn´t scented in their area. One or two would suffice, and then they could move on to the basics of pouncing before going after something. @Marycat006