View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2024, 11:52 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Sprucepaw's Assessment [P]

Mudhound
Thunderclan Warrior | They/them | 31 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

Mmmmmmm vole~ Omnononon. Tucking into the vole Sprucepaw brought them while the tom settled in, Mudhound as typical stuffed their face with in with wild abandon, puffing their cheeks up with vole as they chewed. Chewed maybe a bit too loud buuuuut at least they werent eating with their mouth open.

Through the two's quiet pleasant eating eventually the word came, which brought a perked up cocked head seemingly unaware of their silly looking cheeks. It seemed to please Mudhound though, now that it was brought up and they quickly gulped down the mouthful to respond.

"Assessments? Well I'd say youre about ready for one if you feel ready for it, but no rush and pass or fail Im always proud of you. Or are you looking for some insider information on assessments to make a decision~ I can help with that!"
The cocked head would linger until the tripod got some form of a 'yes' and would go on to explain.

"Weeeeeelll take me with a grain of salt, Ive never had an assessment and went straight to warrior when I came back to the clan. BUT! Im chatty so heres what I know:"

The warrior coughed, putting on the lecture voice.
"So your assessment is the final thingie of an apprentices journey to warrior! It doesnt always need to happen to become warrior, if theres like, a big battle or something special where the apprentice shows they got what it takes sometimes a leader will skip it and just name them warrior. Buuuuuut for most its like a test to make sure they were trained right in all the clan stuff and can be a full warrior and dont need more lessons."

They tried to figure out how to explain it, humming as they thought before refocusing.

"Liiiiiiiike.... Warriors go out on their own, can hunt on their own and fight on their own and are on the front lines if the clan needs defending like when shadowclan invaded and took the creek? If the warrior wasnt taught right as an apprentice and couldnt fight they'd be in danger going out on their own. Nothing happens if you fail just means its not time, so dont worry, just more learning before you try again!"

Basic idea really and well founded. Untrained warriors died alone and fast.

Now to explain the assessment.
"Theyre generally run by the mentor but some like to request the deputy or leader to run it and sometimes if the leader thinks the apprentice is special" Or slacking but Mudhound wouldnt worry Sprucepaw with that "they'll watch to see their skills for themself! Its pretty simple, being followed by the assessor in the shadows the apprentice does some solo hunting, catching whatever they can! Messing up is ok, even warriors mess up a catch, what really matters is showing you can actually catch a couple of prey types. Once they think you have enough the mentor will appear and say so!

If youve not climbed in the hunting part they may ask you to climb a tree here to show you can then the special part! A spar.

The assessor and apprentice face off and spar, claws in for a bit. Generally the warrior tries not to hold back, it depends on if theyre a super good fighter way above normal level really. If theyre like Spiderthroat I bet they'd hold back or they'd squash the apprentice! Buuuuut they go as hard as an average warrior at least so the apprentice can show theyre capable against an enemy! Whats really cool is the apprentice doesnt even have to win apparently, just need to show they can fight!

Then if they've hunted and climbed and fought well theyre good and will be named warrior next meeting! Make sense?"

Lotta words there and Mudhound was kinda panting after they gave them with the speed of rambling and spunkyness of it, complete with lots of paw motions and excitement. It could be overwhelming though.

@Alchemist Kitsune

Last edited by Rani; February 5th, 2024 at 11:53 PM.