Old December 30th, 2023, 01:36 AM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

She appeared as silent as a soft breeze, ears erect picking up on the accusations and comments tossed out by her clanmates. The leader paused in front of Leafspot's corpse with a heavy frown on her maw. She briefly touched her nose to the cat's cold flank and huffed quietly. When she lifted her head again, the leader let out a shrill yowl calling for everyone's attention.

"WindClan come gather!" It was an impromptu meeting, but one that needed to happen. Twilightstar wanted everyone's ears and eyes on her. "Lightningstorm has found the cause for the deaths, as ThunderClan suspected from StarClan's word," She spat out the latter with open disdain, "It is poison from death berries, some of the herbs were coated in them."She paused before speaking her next words.

"Death berries were found by Lightningstorm hidden within in the medicine den." She pinned her ears back expecting to hear yowls to start up about murderous medicine cats and all that. She had already heard a bit of their back and forth earlier, she wasn't interested in them starting it up again, so she swiftly raised her tail ordering them to keep silent as she went on.

"Before you start jumping to conclusions and throwing blame around, I will have you know that I don't like this. None of this makes any sense to me. I am sure some of you are going to place the blame on our medicine cats, whether it's just an emotional response to needing someone to blame or something else. I'm not looking for that. I'm asking you to cast aside your emotions and think this through."

"Cowtuft has served seasons as WindClan's medicine cat. I know some of you may have forgotten, taken it for granted, or overlooked it, but he's never acted out or shown any type of desire to harm anyone in WindClan. Even injured, I've seen him prioritize his clanmate's health over his own. If he truly wanted to harm us, he's had so many chances to do so. Out of all of the medicine cats who have served under me, Cowtuft has been one of the best."

"However, that doesn't exempt him from the harm caused. We've lost several clanmates to what was thought to be a plague and instead was poison. Regardless how how it happened or who did it, I will be holding Cowtuft accountable for negligence and multiple deaths that occurred on his watch as senior medicine cat. I've already settled on punishing him. However, how steep the punishment will be up to you to convince me if he's an actual threat to the clan or not."

Twilightstar had already decided after leaving the medicine cat's den that Cowtuft would be punished. However, whether it was thought that this was done with malicious purpose or a simple accident would decide how the punishment veered.

"As for Lightningstorm, I've no reason to believe she was involved with any of this so she will be left alone." When all is said and done, WindClan needs a medicine cat, whether they like it or not.

"I want to hear what Cowtuft has to say about all of this first, and I want Leafspot's body given a proper burial. There is no need to investigate since the cause of death has already been found."

#wcmeeting

Spottedpaw
Peaceful, Hopeful, Neutral Good
“Be gentle with yourself."
Spottedpaw wasn't the first to the scene and she certainly wasn't going to be the last. Her eyes opened wide when she saw her mommy defending the medicine cat den with crazed vigor. What had happened...?

Before letting her emotions get the best of her she listened carefully to what her leader was saying to the clan. All of this seemed too much. Did deathberries have no scent? How could this have gone awry as so. There was so much to think about here. The first thing first was that she didn't think that Cowtuft had anything to do with this. Secondly she- Well she was going to say her piece and was about to open her mouth till her leader said she wanted to hear from Cowtuft first

Fair enough, the apprentice could wait. One thing she worried about was that her leader was so much older than she was, and so everyone involved with this event, so why would they put any weight to what she had to say. She shook her head to get those thoughts away. Perhaps my words alone would budge anyone's thought but with enough voices for a lighter punishment for Cowtuft was heard then maybe.. Maybe he wouldn't get a horrible sentence. For now the apprentice was going to have to wait to put her words in despite how desprately she wanted to speak up right now. Her mother loved those two so much and she couldn't think how upset she would get if.... Don't think like that. Only think about what is happening right now, where you have all the power.