View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2023, 12:45 AM
YIPPEE!!

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Crazy
Default Re: Sunset Grove

Longmoor--She/Her
╔══════════════╗

“I suppose we’ll be doing this as a pair instead.” She mew, whiskers twitching almost unnoticeably, as she turned to Owlpaw. She wasn’t necessarily upset, just trying to understand the odds of having a cat back out of a patrol twice in a row; she chalked it up to bad luck, in the end. “Ready?” She searched the apprentice for any sign of confirmation before leading the way out of camp and to their destination.

———

Sunset Grove. She still wasn’t completely used to it, but it was definitely growing on her after her participation in the Boot Camp. She wasn’t here to teach apprentices how to hunt though, she was looking for herbs. “Cowtuft asked us to find Cobwebs, Yellowbells and—or Sunfuzzies.” She turned to face Owlpaw before speaking, though she was already glancing around in search of what she had listed. Not knowing of Owlpaw’s herb knowledge, she decided to just repeat what Cowtuft had told her. “Cobwebs aren’t too hard to find—bushes, crevices, trees—once you find them you just need to get a stick and wrap it around the end.” That’s how she’d always done it, but if the apprentice did otherwise she wouldn’t mind.

She thought back to the flower the medicine cat had showed her, eyes narrowing in concentration in the process. “Yellowbells are similar to buttercups, thin petals and all that. Sunfuzzies have thicker petals—they look just like their name.” She gave herself a short nod, eyes returning to Owlpaw. “Look around, don’t stray too far, and just grab what you can find.” She said with a soft nod, aimed at the apprentice this time, and stood up with a swish of her tail.

She meandered off a bit, keeping an eye on Owlpaw before comfortably padding off, never too far, and always within hearing or scenting distance of her patrol mate; the last thing she wanted was for a young cat in her care to get hurt, or anything of the sort. … There were cobwebs here and there, but she deemed the herbs a bit more important and kept looking. Her efforts eventually paid off, and she did find a nice cluster of the herb Cowtuft had showed her and grabbed a mouthful of the Sunnyfuzzies, careful not to damage any part of the plant too much.

╚══════════════╝
+3 Sunnyfuzzies
OOC: Wasnt sure how many of the herbs I should/can take, lmk if the amount I chose is a problem. :3 /gen
@Woodlow [ Mention for Owlpaw. ]