View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2023, 05:51 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear

So don’t use the juniper berries while the patient is unable to breathe? Okay, she’ll have to make sure to remind herself that once in a while to make sure she didn’t forget that. While Springpaw didn’t know any… chest messages, she’ll possibly have the gist of it sooner or later. Hopefully it won’t become an issue in the future in case anyone was having any sort of trouble breathing or catching their breath… or even if their heart stopped working. Stars, that last thought brought a small reign of terror through the calico, a small shiver suppressing through her body. Again, she hoped that wouldn’t be a suppressing problem in the coming future. That would be a rather traumatizing experience to face off. Other than that, she slowly nodded her head up towards the marbled tabby as she glanced away from the berries. She understood most of it so far, what was next?

Well, it seemed that she didn’t really have to ask as the tabby was quick to show them both the next herb: borage. Squinting her eyes, the calico looked closer to the blue-and-pink blossoms, further inspecting it as her ears listened to the words that escaped Roseraven’s mouth. So these herbs were used to help a queen produce more milk and to soothe fevers? That’ll definitely come in handy in case someone was feeling extremely ill and their fever was running high. Not only that, but also very valuable for a queen in case their kits weren’t getting enough milk. So, in the rhythm of her mentor’s nodding, the young calico nodded firmly up at Roseraven. “I’m pretty sure I got the most of it, Roseraven.” She kept her tone cool and relaxed, apart from the shoveling anxiety of her mentally worrying for if she might not even remember all of this… that hopefully won’t be an issue.

@Omari @Shade.
____

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear

Springpaw felt a bit of her smile falter behind the sodden moss as the calico silently awaited for her mentor’s instructions, her ears slowly drawing themselves against her head. Did Drizzlecloud not wish for her to see what was going to be beneath the bandages? Well, Springpaw could understand that, as the young apprentice already felt terrified enough to look at the wounds themselves. It wasn’t like Springpaw didn’t catch the envious feeling that came off the other feline. It was rather obvious that the older molly was upset… but about what? Was it… about the battle? Could it be for the fact that she now has the Mind Reader Purrk? “Drizzlecloud, are you okay? You… don’t have to keep anything concealed to me if you have something on your mind. I can help you in any way I can.” Springpaw questioned, looking up at her mentor as the corners of her lips curled up into a small smile. Hopefully that was enough to maybe get the blue-gray ticked molly to speak about what was on her mind.

Other than that, her ears quickly perked back up when Drizzlecloud began to give out her first set of words, a nimble nod escaping from the young calico. Taking off the bandages and seeing the rather grave face wound on Gentledoe was going to be… a rather difficult experience for Springpaw. She wasn’t much for being the type that would want to associate herself with these types of things, but it wasn’t like she was going to have to keep herself astray from doing them. She was going to have to do them sooner or later; so now felt like the best time. Her eyes drifted downwards towards the crimson-coated bandages and felt her body almost tense up as she watched Drizzlecloud slowly take off the bandage. Great StarClan, the wound looked so… painful to witness. The lack of an eye in the socket just felt so wrong to see, along with the torn, bleeding skin and mixture of poultice alongside it. It was just… a horrifying sight to witness for herself.

Springpaw sucked in a deep breath as her eyes broke away from the scene, looking back up at Drizzlecloud as her mentor spoke once more, Springpaw’s heart almost breaking from the amount of guilt that laced her voice. There was something going on inside her mentor’s mind that the young calico herself didn’t know about, but it wasn’t like she could try to do anything about it… unless? Shoving in a deep breath through the dampened moss, Springpaw gave her mentor another smile that was blinded by the moss that she held delicately in her jaws. “It wasn’t our fault… It was the ShadowClan warriors’ fault. He was the one who did it. We… we’ll have to deal with operating on things like this. It’ll be hard to get through it at first but… I feel like we can do it.” Gee, since when did she become the comforter in this situation? Springpaw was always usually timid and afraid of everything… Was that having a change? She wasn’t entirely sure about it.

Other than that, she had begun to start to clean off the gruesome wound, silently grimacing as the moss gently touched the area and began to move around. She made sure to avoid any possible sensitive areas along the mangled area, as that could possibly risk further damaging the eye socket itself. The moss slowly became a mixture of poultice and blood, but Springpaw kept going no matter how sick she felt to her stomach. This was needed, and she wasn’t going to allow her own clan-mate to risk having an infection in the eye due to improper treatment. That was something she didn’t want to risk happening.

@/Omari @lio

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker