View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2023, 11:25 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: ThunderClan Stormcrest

Dovefluff & Lotuskit

Lots of emotions filled Dovefluff at once. More nausea. Fear for her Clan. "They value their pride over their children. Perhaps it's a universal thing." ShadowClan valued vengeance and bloodlust over the children, ThunderClan valued getting the last word and usurping authority over caring for their children. As far as she could see, one of the few cats who cared more for the youth than their own reputation was Cinderpaw. And look where that got her, being wrongfully ostracized and demoted. The fluffy gray queen turned to look at dearest Lightningkit as she cried, and she let out a soft hum, aiming to stroke the kit's back and hold the little kid close. And there was Frogkit, who was... well, Dovefluff was struggling to understand what he was saying, but she did her best to interpret.

"Oh, no, sweetheart, we're not going to die." She cooed, reaching forward to try and nuzzle Frogkit comfortingly. "ThunderClan isn't cursed, some cats are just... having a disagreement but it's all going to be alright, I promise sweetness." Glancing up as a cat came near, she locked eyes with a handsome golden tom, and it took her a moment to recognize him as Lioncrest. He shot her a brief, comforting nod, and she offered a tight, grateful smile in reply, returning her gaze to the kits she surrounded herself with, looking over as Lotuskit slid off her back to try and wrap Lightningkit in an embrace.

The yelling began, and it just wouldn't stop. Dovefluff noticed Lightningkit reaching upwards, reaching for her ears, and blinked in surprised confusion. What was the little kit doing? Lotuskit was more smooth, and as her baby sister (younger by a few minutes) cried to her, the lilac tortie point tried to snuggled up close to Lightning, and hold her as close as she could. "Don't be scared, Lightning. I'll protect you, I'll-" She broke off as little Lightning piped up, telling everyone to basically shut it. Lotuskit, while terrified by the raised voices and hostility, was very impressed and nodded encouragingly. "Yeahhh Lightning, that was so slay-" But then, her sis clapped a paw over her mouth and started sobbing. Lotus's ears pressed against her head, and she just hugged Lightning (or... tried to) as Dovefluff leaned forward.

"Don't worry baby, we're not going to die. No one's going to die, some cats are just a little frustrated, that's all." She tried to assure the baby, glancing around for Autumnpaw. The little flower didn't seem to have seen her gesture, and Dove couldn't just... leave, could she? Looking up as two more of Lotuskit's siblings entered the chat, she smiled wearily at the two, grateful that they were on the happier side. For now. Lotuskit bounced forward, attempting to wrap both Leafkit and Lambkit in a huge group hug before pulling back to look at Lightningkit. "Lightning, why dont'cha come over here and we can play with Leafie and Lambie? I promise you won't be scared or sad anymore if we're playing." Of course that rotten Lavendarkit wasn't here. Lotus hadn't seen her older sister since she convinced Lotus to eat a rock, and Lotus was hoping that Lav was hiding out of shame and would come and apologize for being such a... such a BUTT. "You can come too, Froggie. Just no yelling and no more death-talk, promise?" She said lightly, reaching forward to try and wipe dear Lightning's tears.

Relieved that Lotus was hopefully resolving the situation, Dovefluff found her maternal intuition tingle, and she looked around wildly for a certain pastel calico. "Lo- if any of you need me, I'll be right over here, okay? Maybe try to play a game, or perhaps go enjoy a nice nap together?" She suggested, stress overtaking her voice as she found Springpaw, crouched not far away. "I'm sorry, babies, I'm just going to run over and check on Springpaw, okay?" The young queen waited for the kits to hear her, dark blue eyes darting from her little brood to the apprentice she cared so deeply for. Dove was torn. She needed to check on Springpaw, but she couldn't leave the kits?

Thankfully, Lotuskit dismissed her airily with a wave of her paw. "Go on, Dovey. We'll be okay! We'll just play a game or something, right guys?" Then, as Lotuskit waited for the game-scheming to begin, Dovefluff was hurrying over to where Springpaw crouched.

The fluffy Russian Blue mix crouched beside Spring, reaching out to pull the young cat close to her into a protective, comforting hug (if Spring was comfortable, of course) and would stroke the young molly's fur, rocking her back and forth ever so slightly. "It's okay, darling. Everything's going to be okay. I'm here for you, mkay? I'm always going to be here." It was a promise she would go through hell and back to keep, and she intended to never break it. Ever. "Oh, sweetness, it's going to be okay." She got a jolt of deja vu from days ago, right after the sinkhole, and she came to a sudden realization that planted a seed of an idea in her mind. But now wasn't the right time, she didn't want to catch the young molly at an emotionally weak moment. That discussion would take place at a later date.

So she just held the apprentice close, if Springpaw would allow her, and murmured comforts to her. Damn this world. This hellish, cruel world where kids never got to be kids.

[ @Froggy @Jayvines @sol. @Leafie @ares - for those that Dove is still interacting with, if ya'll want to continue this rp, feel free to post your next post in the tc clearing since the meeting ended, if not, we can just consider this rp done! either is a-okay with me! ]

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit