View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2022, 07:13 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Snowypaw

Before Snowypaw could take his first step towards the mole burrows, the large, gray warrior's voice rang across the cliff, a softer tone to it than before. Hesitantly, Snowypaw turned to look at Stonecrackle, an apologetic look still etched on his young features. Giving a head tilt, he couldn't help as his eyes widened in worry at the mention of another nearby. His mind instantly went back to the scent of cats still lingering in the air. It had been mild enough that he assumed it was just his mind playing tricks on him, but if Stonecrackle had not only felt the scent but potentially recognized it, then perhaps there was reason to worry.

Curiosity pricked at his toes as he shifted his paws in thought, his feathery tail lazily swishing back and forth instinctively. He still couldn't feel any clan scent in the air, but Stonecrackle was obviously nervous about this scent. Snowypaw considered for a moment asking about who this mystery cat was. If it was a possible threat to the clan, then perhaps they should consider going back to camp and reporting to Fallownose or Twilightstar about potential intruders. But then, it was only a mild scent. For all he knew, the cat in question had simply passed through, crossing into WindClan territory but long gone by now. There was also the fact to consider that perhaps Stonecrackle simply did not wish to dwell on the matter. As far as the large apprentice was concerned, everyone was deserving of their own privacy, and he would rather stay in the dark if it meant peace of mind for a fellow clanmate.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to be careful. Giving a nod to let Stonecrackle know he understood, the patched apprentice tried to stand a little taller, hoping to give some semblance of confidence to appease his companion's mind. "It's okay. No harm done. I promise," Snowypaw mewed in earnest, a soft smile lifting the corners of his lips. "I'll keep my nose on the lookout for any intruders while we hunt. My nose is cursed to smell everything. Unless they hide their scent and come downwind, we can spot them," he finished in what he hoped was a light, jesting tone, his words significantly braver than he felt. Ear twitching anxiously, he turned to sniff the wind once more, making certain they were alone, still wondering if they should head back for now. A battle at the cliffs could prove to be disastrous, after all, and he did not want the large warrior to fall to his demise in order to protect him if it came down to a fight.

-

@TheDragonGoddess

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios