Thread: Cattail Pond
View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2021, 08:57 AM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Default Re: Cattail Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
One of Morningfeathers silver-blue ears twitched as they observed the dark-furred toms behaviour, listening to the pause there was, noting how he seemed to straighten himself out more after Morningfeather approached. Upon hearing the tom speak, however, their ears shot up swiftly, their mismatched eyes blinking and sparkling with excitement at hearing the tom. One of their front paws lightly brushed the ground, moving in circles as they tried to think of their response to the question that Snowleap had asked. They weren’t sure whether they wanted to tell the truth, or make something up to impress the other warrior. All the emotion from their face and body seemed to drop in an instant, and for a few moments, deep in thought. It took a moment for them to realise this, and put up their friendly act again, smiling at Snowleap.
“Well, I was just going for a quick swim, since I hadn’t been keeping up with that lately... I wanted a more quiet place to practice, away from the eyes of our clanmates. But…” their ears flattened a bit as they let out an awkward chuckle, their grey front paw falling squarely in front of the other. “Well, that didn’t seem to go as I would’ve expected. But… enough about me!” They shook their head, twitching their pink nose, before perking their ears up attentively. Their mismatch-coloured eyes narrowed at Snowleap.
“What are you doing here, Snowleap?” They questioned, looking completely serious for a few moments, trying to put up an act. Their whiskers twitched a few times, along with their ears wiggling, making it hard for them to keep it up. It was mere seconds before they took a small pace back, laughing. “I’m just kidding... I’m only curious, I’m not going to scold you. I don’t usually see any-cat here at this time…” they huffed, shivering at the coolness of the air upon their damp fur. “I don’t recommend going for a swim… it’s cold,” they muttered, putting their weight on their haunches as they sat down, unable to stop their front paws from kneading the earth, restless.
Snowleap observed the other feline, his icy-blue eyes focused on every little movement they did before him. He was that type of individual, being one to watch more than act or speak. Did they suspect the tomcat of anything? Or were they put off by his behavior? Then, as Morningfeather spoke, Snowleap tilted his head ever so slightly, listening to their words and keeping himself from getting too lost in his own thoughts. “Ah, apologies…” The tall warrior murmured, the tip of his tail twitching against the ground, “I didn’t know anyone would come out this late, especially with it getting so close to leaf-bare.” He explained, looking up at the darkening sky, the cold air lingering around the two cats. The change of tone from Morningflower, however, made Snowleap look back at the unexpected company, causing a slight frown to form on his muzzle. His body relaxed when they finally broke their serious stance, passing it off as a simple joke. “Oh,” Snowleap said, licking a patch of fur on his shoulder before turning back to them, “I come here to think sometimes.” He spoke the truth, the tomcat waving his paw towards the pond’s calm clear surface. “And hunt, but it might be too cold for that.” The warrior agreed with Morningflower’s comment. He noticed as he spoke, the other warrior’s anxious actions. “Are you alright?” The tomcat meowed, glancing at their paws and then back up at their face, “You seem… tense.”