Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   WindClan (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   WindClan Clearing (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64479)

Ian May 25th, 2023 12:49 PM

WindClan Clearing

A flat, grassy clearing dotted with ferns and surrounded by a tightly woven bramble wall. Three sides drop off into a cliff, though it's not a high enough fall to kill a full-grown warrior and is protected by the bramble wall, making accidents impossible.

poppy June 1st, 2023 08:18 PM

Re: WindClan Clearing

Hazykit sat, looking around the new clearing. Her scruff was still very sore and now stabbed over from her father's attack, but she didn't really know to go to the medicine den (because she didn't know what that was) so she decided to just suffer through it.

(open!)

Radetzky June 2nd, 2023 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jupiter (Post 1427178)
Hazykit sat, looking around the new clearing. Her scruff was still very sore and now stabbed over from her father's attack, but she didn't really know to go to the medicine den (because she didn't know what that was) so she decided to just suffer through it.

(open!)

Hawksprint

The brown tabby padded across the clearing with a vole in his mouth, looking for some place to sit down and eat. As he did, he noticed a Hazykit. She looked a bit lost, like she didn't know what to do. She also looked.. injured? The tom padded over to her. "Hey, Hazykit, are you alright? You look pretty beat up" Hawksprint said with concern in his voice. He wondered what had happened to her.

{Zaria.Zarian} June 2nd, 2023 10:47 PM

{~ RunningPaw ~}
She Sat In The Clearing,Grooming Her Striped Fur,Taking In The Sunlight

poppy June 3rd, 2023 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radetzky (Post 1427336)
Hawksprint

The brown tabby padded across the clearing with a vole in his mouth, looking for some place to sit down and eat. As he did, he noticed a Hazykit. She looked a bit lost, like she didn't know what to do. She also looked.. injured? The tom padded over to her. "Hey, Hazykit, are you alright? You look pretty beat up" Hawksprint said with concern in his voice. He wondered what had happened to her.

Looking up as an unfamiliar tomcat padded up to her, Hazykit's fur spiked and she stepped backwards, white azure eyes taking him in, wondering if he was a potential threat. Relaxing slightly as he spoke, the mottled gray and taupe kit shrugged lightly, wincing at the term 'beat up'.

She always looked beat up, this was actually one of her better days. In her opinion, the bruises she had received from her father before she joined the Clan were almost completely faded now, and her bloodied scruff had clotted after a little bit.

Now that Fallownose had taken care of her dad, she was ready to start a life without much fear. "I'm alright, I think it's getting better." It wasn't in a place that was visibly accessible to her, but she had a feeling that it was doing better. She appreciated the concern, though. She never got that when she lived in the Dusk Syndicate.

Radetzky June 3rd, 2023 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jupiter (Post 1428092)

Looking up as an unfamiliar tomcat padded up to her, Hazykit's fur spiked and she stepped backwards, white azure eyes taking him in, wondering if he was a potential threat. Relaxing slightly as he spoke, the mottled gray and taupe kit shrugged lightly, wincing at the term 'beat up'.

She always looked beat up, this was actually one of her better days. In her opinion, the bruises she had received from her father before she joined the Clan were almost completely faded now, and her bloodied scruff had clotted after a little bit.

Now that Fallownose had taken care of her dad, she was ready to start a life without much fear. "I'm alright, I think it's getting better." It wasn't in a place that was visibly accessible to her, but she had a feeling that it was doing better. She appreciated the concern, though. She never got that when she lived in the Dusk Syndicate.

Hawksprint

Hawksprint stood still and didn't follow the kit as she backed away from him a few steps. She seemed scared. He knew she had been in the dusk syndicate before, but other than that he knew nothing about her. "Perhaps we should still take you to see Cowtuft?" He offered the little kit and flicked his tail in the direction of the medicine den. "At the very least, I'm sure he could maybe give you something to ease the pain" The tom added in an attempt to comfort Hazykit.

poppy June 3rd, 2023 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radetzky (Post 1428137)
Hawksprint

Hawksprint stood still and didn't follow the kit as she backed away from him a few steps. She seemed scared. He knew she had been in the dusk syndicate before, but other than that he knew nothing about her. "Perhaps we should still take you to see Cowtuft?" He offered the little kit and flicked his tail in the direction of the medicine den. "At the very least, I'm sure he could maybe give you something to ease the pain" The tom added in an attempt to comfort Hazykit.

The kit's deadpan expression returned after the initial fear went away, and she looked up at him, tipping her head to the side slightly. "It's okay, I'm used to it. It should heal in a week or two, like it did last time." It was still strange to her how... caring these cats were. It was also strange to be able to talk so openly about her injuries and be honest about them, usually she'd be forced lie or make up a diversion. The Bengel-tortie mix settled down into a sitting position, deciding to pretend that she knew who Cowtuft was. She was still learning everyone's names.

Radetzky June 5th, 2023 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jupiter (Post 1428421)

The kit's deadpan expression returned after the initial fear went away, and she looked up at him, tipping her head to the side slightly. "It's okay, I'm used to it. It should heal in a week or two, like it did last time." It was still strange to her how... caring these cats were. It was also strange to be able to talk so openly about her injuries and be honest about them, usually she'd be forced lie or make up a diversion. The Bengel-tortie mix settled down into a sitting position, deciding to pretend that she knew who Cowtuft was. She was still learning everyone's names.

Hawksprint

The brown tabby eyed the kit as she sat back down. She seemed to want to wait it out and let it heal on its own, but Hawksprint didn't just want to walk away and let her suffer from it on her own. "Let's get you to the medicine den. Cowtuft can check on you, just to make sure it's nothing too bad" He said, leading the kit across the clearing.

Small June 5th, 2023 02:20 PM

Smallpaw struggled limping to the clearing, he looked stiff- didn't want to sit, because if he did then he would sit on his burns, wich were on his hind legs, tail, shoulders and eyelid.
He only went outside to have some fresh air. But he immediatly limped inside the apprentice den, to rest his burning eyelid.

SpiritWolf_yt June 5th, 2023 02:26 PM

Scalepaw laid in the clearing doing nothing

Ashclaw is grooming

Snivellus June 5th, 2023 03:19 PM

Leafpelt sat near the freshkill pile and started grooming her belly, noticing that her kits would be born in about a quarter moon

BEAR. June 5th, 2023 10:55 PM

Since the fire, Fellcone had not been bothered by the weird sky cat - not that he was complaining. Much of his pain had been dulled by the hard scabs in his fur, and though movement was limited, things could be far worse.

Gray fur caught his attention, and he tipped his head up slightly to watch Fallownose. "I don't think I caught your name," he chirped toward him. "I don't suppose its 'Handsomeface'?" That seemed in line with these so-called Clan names, so it was worth a shot.

[ @Lillian ]

poppy June 6th, 2023 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radetzky (Post 1429122)
Hawksprint

The brown tabby eyed the kit as she sat back down. She seemed to want to wait it out and let it heal on its own, but Hawksprint didn't just want to walk away and let her suffer from it on her own. "Let's get you to the medicine den. Cowtuft can check on you, just to make sure it's nothing too bad" He said, leading the kit across the clearing.

The molly let out a soft protest as she was led across the clearing, a frustrated frown on her face, but she followed the tom into the den, making sure to pad in after him so he wouldn't be behind her. If he was behind her, then he'd have the advantage of surprise.

SpiritWolf_yt June 7th, 2023 07:39 PM

Ashclaw gave Scalescar a raven feather

Scalescar puts the ravenfeather on his fur behind his ear

Lunalis June 8th, 2023 12:59 PM

After a good and long rest, Fogpaw decides to go and find her mentor, Silentleap.
@RunningInTheHeather

absles June 8th, 2023 01:30 PM

Leopardpaw

Leopardpaw stretched his legs exiting the apprentice's gorse bush, he had napped after returning from his patrol to the ThunderClan border. I wonder what Asterblink and I are doing today? Everything is back to normal now, and I'm ready to start my training finally!

Searching the clearing he spotted Asterblink across the clearing. Loping to reach them, Leopardpaw scrambled to a stop with his lanky legs. His expression was the brightest and most excited it had been in days, since the fire. "Hi Asterblink! What are we doing today? Can we see the new territory? Hunting training? Practicing battle moves?"

@RunningInTheHeather

Silvershadow13 June 8th, 2023 11:04 PM

~•|• Floatingleaf •|•~

With the camp mostly finished, the spotted warrior could finally have a break, tired muscles and sore paws, were accompanied by the need to move. Although tired, she still felt the need to help, hunt, or run, after so many days of constant panic and orders, it becomes a habit. Knowing that it was a good idea to rest or lie down, she still couldn’t pull herself to do it, it felt useless, unnecessary. A sigh accompanied this, so indecisive, her mother would say, yeah, pretty soon I won’t even be able to decide whether to blink or not

As her restless paws shuffled around camp, it wasn’t hard to wish for a task, no matter what it was, but as she passed the warriors den, with its foreign scent now just turning normal, it was almost as if the warmth of sleep and rest were calling her. This is a bad idea, do not sleep, your clan needs you, but my clan needs me rested and well, fine then sleep it is while her mind battled this situation, it finally seemed unavoidable, making her way into the newly finished den, she rested, for real this time.

wendigo June 9th, 2023 08:06 AM

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐
Asterblink
A tall non-binary cat with vitiligo and green and blue heterochromia
└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Ft. Leopardpaw [ @absles ]

Asterblink chuckled

“Well, since we haven’t gone out yet, we’re going to go out to see the territory. Because we are pretty new to this territory, we won’t go too far.”

Asterblink then stood up.

“We can also practice our battle moves and hunting while we’re out.”

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐
Silentleap
a brown manx trans male w/ green eyes
└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Ft. Fogpaw [ @Lunalis ] & Lynxyowl
Silentleap was grooming his fur in the middle of the clearing. He was chatting along with Lynxyowl, when he noticed Fogpaw walking around.

“My apprentice is awake. I gotta go train her. I’ll talk to you later, alright?”

Lynxyowl just nodded as Silentleap bounded off towards Fogpaw.

“Alright! You’re awake. Since I said yesterday that we would do something after you’ve rested, and- uh, you rested, we can do something.”
Silentleap looked a little awkward after saying that.

“Well, uh, we can practice our hunting stance, o-or we can practice simple fighting moves?”

Lunalis June 9th, 2023 12:37 PM

Fogpaw found her mentor, talking to a clanmate, Silentleap saw her and approached her with a question whether she wanted to do hunting stance or simple fighting moves. "Well, I was thinking maybe we could do both if we have time." She said happily, "But I want to start with the fighting moves first, since it'll take a lot of time to work on." She said looking at the tom.
@RunningInTheHeather

absles June 9th, 2023 06:19 PM

Leopardpaw

Asterblink's news thrilled Leopardpaw. He rose to his small paws and stifled a purr, ready to bound out of the camp. "I'm ready when you are!"

@RunningInTheHeather (sorry, short post!)

Rose June 9th, 2023 06:32 PM

Berryfrost hummed quietly to herself, every so often glancing around. Evidently, she was looking for a certain white-furred tom.

poppy June 10th, 2023 12:16 AM

Hazykit and Aspenstrike both sad and looked tired.

Snivellus June 10th, 2023 02:58 PM

Leafpelt tried to go to the med den or the nursery but couldn't, she fell in a border of the camp, and she started giving birth. She started panting as the first kit was born, though the ginger spotted tabby was barely alive and the queen was too weak to even move.

Ian June 10th, 2023 10:30 PM

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Fallownose
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

The deputy turned his head as someone spoke to him, a grin breaking across his muzzle as he realized it was the outsider who had saved him. And flirted with him. And was currently flirting with him. And he didn't know his name.

"Oh, Stars. I must have gotten caught up in the chaos and forgotten to introduce myself. Unfortunately, my name is nothing as exciting as that. It's Fallownose. I don't suppose yours is Smoothtalker?"

As he waited for a response, he glanced up and lifted his tail to wave Twiligtstar over. "Since you've stayed this long, I hope it's not too presumptuous to assume you would like to stay? Twilightstar would surely like to know either way."

@BEAR. @Moonraven

Alchemist Kitsune June 10th, 2023 11:47 PM

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=39184
| Lightningpaw |

It was a rare thing for Lightningpaw to emerge from the medicine cat's den for anything other than checking in on patients. The incident with Smalls had convinced her that maybe a patrol around the dens every now and then might be a good idea though, what with everyone evidently being so stuck in their own lives they were blind to whatever was happening right besides them at any given moment. A sigh escaped the young apprentice, knowing far too well how judgmental she was being. A lot had happened since she had become a medicine cat apprentice. A lot. It made sense for some cats to simply still be in shock over the events that had transpired. But surely cats would notice something like a queen giving birth in the middle of the clearing no matter how big their shock was, right?

No wait... What was that last part? Almond shaped eyes growing wide as her head swiveled back towards what sight she was certain she'd imagined, the lithe calico took one dark paw towards her eyes, rubbing them slightly before turning to gawk again at the mostly ginger tortoiseshell queen birthing in the clearing. You see? This is what she meant! How had no one reacted to this?!

Her slowly honing healer instincts kicking in, the medicine cat rushed to the queen's side, her ears flat against her head as she realized that at least one kit had been born already. In the open. Stars above, this was a mess! A quick look at the tabby let her know who it was. Leafpelt, the newest nursery queen... and she wasn't looking very good from a glance. Medically speaking. Her breathing seemed to be labored, and everything about her was weak. Turning towards the closest feline in the clearing, she glared, spitting out instructions in an instant. She was in no mood for arguments. Someone should have noticed Leafpelt sooner, for star's sake! Darkness take her... she was this close to shredding someone's ears.

"You there! Go to the medicine cat's den! Tell Cowtuft we have an emergency with a weak queen, fast! I need... Oh stars... I need burnet, and anything else that might help with strength, quickly!"

Burnet. She'd been using a lot of that lately, trying to improve Milkpaw's breathing problem. She'd come to the conclusion that it was useless for what ailed her friend, but she knew for certain it would help this queen gather up her strength. Turning her attention to the young kit, she quickly swiped a tongue over it, trying to ensure it was alive and healthy. Where there any more kits coming? Lightningpaw had no idea! She hadn't had any type of experience with a pregnant queen before! Awkwardly, the lithe calico attempted to place her paw on the weakened queen's belly, trying to feel for any other kits kicking or writhing within.

"Hang in there. You hear me, Leafpelt? Got one kit here waiting for ya. Now, help's coming, alright love? I need you to focus on me, can you do that? For your kit," Lightningpaw mewed, her voice even despite the nervous flurry of emotions going through her, storming deep within. There was no blood present, which was good but... was she to late to safe her? She just didn't know.

-

| Open for anyone who wants to be the receiver of Lightningpaw's ire in this post. :soloballoon: |

@Light000 [Leafpelt]
| If I could please get a healing form posted for Leafpelt at the WindClan Healing thread so I could know what Lightning is dealing with that would help a lot! |

wendigo June 11th, 2023 11:45 AM

(Sorry @absles and @Lunalis for replying late! I got quite busy with things!)

┌── •✧• ──┐
Silentleap
Brown manx trans w/ green eyes
└── •✧• ──┘

Silentleap nodded.
"Oh, okay. We'll start with the hunting crouch."

Silentleap crouched down into the hunting crouch, his stubby tail raised up a little.
"So, you crouch down like this, and keep your haunches up. Also keep your tail up and refrain from shaking it. I have a a stubby tail so I don't need to worry about this."

Silentleap then got up and sat down.

"Now you try."
┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐
Asterblink
A tall non-binary cat with vitiligo and green and blue heterochromia
└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

Asterblink chuckled a bit.

"We can go now."
Asterblink started to head out of camp.

(I'll mention a starter somewhere outside of camp once you respnd!)

Snivellus June 11th, 2023 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune (Post 1432044)
| Lightningpaw |

It was a rare thing for Lightningpaw to emerge from the medicine cat's den for anything other than checking in on patients. The incident with Smalls had convinced her that maybe a patrol around the dens every now and then might be a good idea though, what with everyone evidently being so stuck in their own lives they were blind to whatever was happening right besides them at any given moment. A sigh escaped the young apprentice, knowing far too well how judgmental she was being. A lot had happened since she had become a medicine cat apprentice. A lot. It made sense for some cats to simply still be in shock over the events that had transpired. But surely cats would notice something like a queen giving birth in the middle of the clearing no matter how big their shock

No wait... What was that last part? Almond shaped eyes growing wide as her head swiveled back towards what sight she was certain she'd imagined, the lithe calico took one dark paw towards her eyes, rubbing them slightly before turning to gawk again at the mostly ginger tortoiseshell queen birthing in the clearing. You see? This is what she meant! How had no one reacted to this?!

Her slowly honing healer instincts kicking in, the medicine cat rushed to the queen's side, her ears flat against her head as she realized that at least one kit had been born already. In the open. Stars above, this was a mess! A quick look at the tabby let her know who it was. Leafpelt, the newest nursery queen... and she wasn't looking very good from a glance. Medically speaking. Her breathing seemed to be labored, and everything about her was weak. Turning towards the closest feline in the clearing, she glared, spitting out instructions in an instant. She was in no mood for arguments. Someone should have noticed Leafpelt sooner, for star's sake! Darkness take her... she was this close to shredding someone's ears.

"You there! Go to the medicine cat's den! Tell Cowtuft we have an emergency with a weak queen, fast! I need... Oh stars... I need burnet, and anything else that might help with strength, quickly!"

Burnet. She'd been using a lot of that lately, trying to improve Milkpaw's breathing problem. She'd come to the conclusion that it was useless for what ailed her friend, but she knew for certain it would help this queen gather up her strength. Turning her attention to the young kit, she quickly swiped a tongue over it, trying to ensure it was alive and healthy. Where there any more kits coming? Lightningpaw had no idea! She hadn't had any type of experience with a pregnant queen before! Awkwardly, the lithe calico attempted to place her paw on the weakened queen's belly, trying to feel for any other kits kicking or writhing within.

"Hang in there. You hear me, Leafpelt? Got one kit here waiting for ya. Now, help's coming, alright love? I need you to focus on me, can you do that? For your kit," Lightningpaw mewed, her voice even despite the nervous flurry of emotions going through her, storming deep within. There was no blood present, which was good but... was she to late to safe her? She just didn't know.

-

| Open for anyone who wants to be the receiver of Lightningpaw's ire in this post. :soloballoon: |

@Light000 [Leafpelt]
| If I could please get a healing form posted for Leafpelt at the WindClan Healing thread so I could know what Lightning is dealing with that would help a lot! |

The tiny tabby died shortly after being born, but another kit was born, small and fluffy, mewing weakly, but this one was a bit more strong than the other one. The kit was a little tom, with a white pelt and gray-blue mask marking in his face.

Leafpelt was still panting, but she calmed a bit when she saw Lightingpaw, she felt like if she was going to pass out, she didn't expect that it would happen that soon, but she tried her best.

(I'm going to make the form for the kit to appear in allegiances)

Lunalis June 11th, 2023 04:11 PM

Fogpaw watched as her mentor showed her the hunting crouch, she performed it the way her mentor showed her, she crouched down, haunches raised and her tail raised above her head, "Like this?"she asked her mentor.
@RunningInTheHeather

wendigo June 12th, 2023 08:51 AM

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐
Silentleap
a brown manx trans male w/ green eyes
└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

[ @Lunalis ]

Silentleap had an amazed look.

“You- okay, don’t tell her this, but you preformed this better than Lynxyowl.” He whispered.

He cleared his throat.

“Now, for getting to the prey, each prey has their own different thing.
For mice, you need to make sure you’re as silent as possible. Mice can hear anything and everything, from sounds to vibrations, in the ground.”

“Now, for rabbits, which we don’t really eat or hunt, it depends on which way the air is going. If the air is coming towards you, you’re A-okay, but still be silent. If the air is going towards you, the rabbit can smell you, and, well, it’ll ruin your chances of getting the rabbit.”

“For birds, I think it’s both needing to be silent and needing to position in a way where they can’t smell you, and I’m not sure about squirrels, but just be quiet and don’t step on any sticks.”

Silentleap took a deep breath from that. He had spoken a lot.

Good job, me!

“Alright, any questions before we actually try?”

(I did this from memory, so sorry if some of these things aren’t correct!)

Alchemist Kitsune June 12th, 2023 10:15 AM

| Lightningpaw |

The help she had asked for had... not arrived. It was not arriving. This queen was kitting in the middle of the clearing and not a single warrior was raising a paw to help? Anger fueling her as she wondered when WindClan had grown so thoughtless, the young apprentice helped the queen deliver her second kit. It was a little tom, mewling weakly... but mewling nonetheless. With concern for the frail queen, Lightningpaw made to place the pale furred kit next to his littermate only to realize... he was gone. Her first time helping a queen deliver kits, and the first of the two was already dead.

Large ears flattened as the wind got knocked out of her. The lithe calico took a sharp breath, feeling a wave of panic wash over her. Alright... Focus. The first kit had been born before she had gotten here. Maybe now, since she could bring this one to be with his mother quicker, he would be alright? She still needed to tend to Leafpelt as well. The queen was weaker than even Gingerheart had been after her own kitting, and her mother had been lit on fire halfway through.

Unwilling to wait any longer for anyone in the clearing to react, Lightningpaw cautiously placed the pale, mewling tom besides the queen, nuzzling it gently, coaxing it to feed. He still needed to be cleaned, but she needed to prioritize the mother. There were no nursing queens in the nursery. One had died in the fire, and her mother had pulled another vanishing act. This kit might die without proper treatment, but it would be a certainty if she allowed Leafpelt to perish first. Turning to the queen, the medicine cat apprentice's gaze softened. Her anger was not meant toward the queen. She was trying her hardest, after all.

"You have a lovely tom right here with you. I'll be right back. I'm bringing you some burnet to chew on. It will make you feel good as new, I promise," she mewed in a rushed tone, giving the two one final looksee before bounding off in search of the precious herb that would give the weakened queen the boost of strength she so desperately needed.

-

@Light000 [Leafpelt]

Lunalis June 12th, 2023 01:22 PM

Fogpaw smiled at her mentors comment and nodded her head at the helpful information and happily said "I'm ready to hunt!"
@RunningInTheHeather

Snivellus June 12th, 2023 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune (Post 1432497)
| Lightningpaw |

The help she had asked for had... not arrived. It was not arriving. This queen was kitting in the middle of the clearing and not a single warrior was raising a paw to help? Anger fueling her as she wondered when WindClan had grown so thoughtless, the young apprentice helped the queen deliver her second kit. It was a little tom, mewling weakly... but mewling nonetheless. With concern for the frail queen, Lightningpaw made to place the pale furred kit next to his littermate only to realize... he was gone. Her first time helping a queen deliver kits, and the first of the two was already dead.

Large ears flattened as the wind got knocked out of her. The lithe calico took a sharp breath, feeling a wave of panic wash over her. Alright... Focus. The first kit had been born before she had gotten here. Maybe now, since she could bring this one to be with his mother quicker, he would be alright? She still needed to tend to Leafpelt as well. The queen was weaker than even Gingerheart had been after her own kitting, and her mother had been lit on fire halfway through.

Unwilling to wait any longer for anyone in the clearing to react, Lightningpaw cautiously placed the pale, mewling tom besides the queen, nuzzling it gently, coaxing it to feed. He still needed to be cleaned, but she needed to prioritize the mother. There were no nursing queens in the nursery. One had died in the fire, and her mother had pulled another vanishing act. This kit might die without proper treatment, but it would be a certainty if she allowed Leafpelt to perish first. Turning to the queen, the medicine cat apprentice's gaze softened. Her anger was not meant toward the queen. She was trying her hardest, after all.

"You have a lovely tom right here with you. I'll be right back. I'm bringing you some burnet to chew on. It will make you feel good as new, I promise," she mewed in a rushed tone, giving the two one final looksee before bounding off in search of the precious herb that would give the weakened queen the boost of strength she so desperately needed.

-

@Light000 [Leafpelt]

Leafpelt started licking the tom-kit, lashing a bit her tail to tell Lightingpaw she heared and she was fine. Though one kit more was being born, it was a little tortie she, though she was a stillborn, and that was the last kit, it was a small litter but at least one of them was alive.´´You'll be fine, Mintkit´´ She whispered to the only alive newborn. Mintkit drank the milk weakly, his meowl stopped, his tiny tail lashed, his long fur started to dry, showing he was very fluffy

Alchemist Kitsune June 12th, 2023 07:11 PM

| Lightningpaw |

Exciting the medicine cat's den with a burnet leaf tightly clutched in her maw, Lightningpaw rushed back to Leafpelt, glad to see the queen was tending to her remaining kit... no... kits. There was a third now, and like the first, it seemed to be a stillborn. Large ears flattened against her head at the sight. It was one thing to see a body still, void of life after some had been had. But to see one that had never even had a chance at taking a breath? It was heartbreaking... and here there was not one, but two. Littermates. Together in death.

Gulping down the bubbling emotions threatening to rise, the lithe calico approached the older queen, dropping the burnet besides her before giving her a dip of her head. What did one say to a situation like this? Did one celebrate the life of the remaining kit, grateful that at least one of them had made it? Did one mourn the ones that had not? She opted for the third option. To do neither. She... couldn't afford it. Would she break down like this, every time a kit did not make it? Every time a patient could not be saved? These two weren't her first bodies, and they wouldn't be her last. She had to focus on her task. It was the only thing she could do.

"Here. This should help. I know you might not want to hear this... but we should move you along to the nursery as soon as you are able to. Kits... a kit so young should not be out here, even with company," Lightningpaw mewed in a soft voice, trying to not let her urgency leek callously through. It would be a shame for this little one to die from the elements... or worse, become a hawk's meal.

-

@Light000 [Leafpelt]

SpiritWolf_yt June 13th, 2023 08:37 AM

Fireflame laid in the clearing silently, her eyes watched as Ashclaw and scalescar argue once again. A sigh escaping her as she waited for the right time to interrupt

"scalescar i know you don't wanna talk but please tell me whats wrong. you look like a wilted cat who never experienced happiness" ashclaw said in a desperate voice, only to see scalescar refusing to speak. Soon he sighed and left the camp to hunt.

Fireflame got up and went to scalescar, the scarred molly flicked her tail and looked at scalescar"Your father is only here to help. Don't be so blinded by what has happened in the past " her voice reached out in a soothing calm voice just like the previous times she talked. It was soon when scalescar recognized the voice, His paws reached out to his mother and they hugged for a very long time."let your father help" she said with a lick on scalescars head.

[ closed small mother and son reunion keeping the big one on hold XD]

Snivellus June 13th, 2023 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune (Post 1432759)
| Lightningpaw |

Exciting the medicine cat's den with a burnet leaf tightly clutched in her maw, Lightningpaw rushed back to Leafpelt, glad to see the queen was tending to her remaining kit... no... kits. There was a third now, and like the first, it seemed to be a stillborn. Large ears flattened against her head at the sight. It was one thing to see a body still, void of life after some had been had. But to see one that had never even had a chance at taking a breath? It was heartbreaking... and here there was not one, but two. Littermates. Together in death.

Gulping down the bubbling emotions threatening to rise, the lithe calico approached the older queen, dropping the burnet besides her before giving her a dip of her head. What did one say to a situation like this? Did one celebrate the life of the remaining kit, grateful that at least one of them had made it? Did one mourn the ones that had not? She opted for the third option. To do neither. She... couldn't afford it. Would she break down like this, every time a kit did not make it? Every time a patient could not be saved? These two weren't her first bodies, and they wouldn't be her last. She had to focus on her task. It was the only thing she could do.

"Here. This should help. I know you might not want to hear this... but we should move you along to the nursery as soon as you are able to. Kits... a kit so young should not be out here, even with company," Lightningpaw mewed in a soft voice, trying to not let her urgency leek callously through. It would be a shame for this little one to die from the elements... or worse, become a hawk's meal.

-

@Light000 [Leafpelt]

Leafpelt chewed on the burnet before grabbing the only alive kitten by it's scruff, it wasn't her first litter. The blind cat left the carcasses, nodded Lightingpaw and walked weakly and heavily to the nursery, though the bloodloss wasn't very bad.

Moonraven June 13th, 2023 06:26 PM

Twilightstar yawned while arching her back and stretching as she noticed Fallownose calling her over. The leader had been resting at the base of the Galewood, but was more than happy to get up and see what he wanted. After she shook off some stray leaves that had fallen on her pelt, she makes her way across the clearing and takes a seat, single eye roaming over the stranger still within her camp with inquisitive curiosity.

This tom was pretty quiet and kept mostly to himself unless it involved interacting with her deputy. His burns and wounds seemed to be healing all right if he was out and about instead of stuck in Cowtuft's medicine den. She didn't bother with a proper introduction, assuming the tom could put two and two together. "I never did get to express my gratitude for saving Fallownose and for fighting a battle that was not even yours. So thank you for that." The she-cat gave a respectful bow of her head after she spoke. For a tom who wasn't a clan cat, he had the makings of an honorable warrior.

Up close, there was something about the tom that she couldn't place as if she's seen him before. It was a weird feeling. "If you want to stay, you're welcome too." It's not like she could turn him away without a good enough reason either way. Plus, Fallownose seemed quite fond of the loner. She'd be delighted if his endeavors turned out better than hers had. Although, she supposed she could just be looking into it too deeply. On the off chance that she wasn't though, Twilightstar was invested in Fallownose's happiness with hopes that his paws didn't trail in her tragic paw steps.
@BEAR. @Lillian

Alchemist Kitsune June 13th, 2023 11:11 PM

| Lightningpaw |

An odd numbness coursed through Lightningpaw's body as Leafpelt got up, nonchalantly taking hold of her remaining kit, leaving the others behind. There had been no emotion. No attempt to see if they were alright. Simple practicality. It made sense, really. She had been told to leave for the nursery, and yet... the apprentice was certain she would have argued. Yelled at her. Berated her for not saving her other two kits' lives. Was that it, then? Was that life? You just... left the ones who didn't make it in the past?

Lightningpaw understood Leafpelt had a point in not spending her waning energy on hopeless endeavors... and yet. She could not help herself. Dainty paws scooped up the lifeless body of the third kit, her raspy tongue passing over it urgently, paws poking and prodding, toes being inserted into closed maws as she tried to coax it back to life. The apprentice's adrenaline was dissipating. The queen had survived. She would have to let Cowtuft know what had happened. Give a proper report. Let the medicine cat check the queen. Perhaps there had been an underlying health issue that had caused this? Maybe it had been the stress of the attack and the fire. Even age could account for it, she supposed.

None of it explained why her vision was so blurry, however. Why there was a wetness becoming more and more evident as it streamed down her face, going down to her trembling paws as she struggled to keep a hold of kits who would never cry out for their mother. Staring down with ever increasing difficulty at the small bundles of fur left behind at her feet, Lightningpaw turned her gaze on her shaking paws as they seemed to fade in and out of focus. Jaw becoming set, the lithe calico attempted to allow her mask to settle once more, only to feel it crumbling the more she fought to restore it. Soon there would be nothing left. She knew this the moment she felt her lower lip quiver, her face slowly sinking to her forepaws in misery. She had faced death before. But not like this. Never like this.

Her mind desperately tried to make a list. A schedule. Sort out what needed to be done. Talk to Cowtuft so he could check Leafpelt. Talk to Twilightstar so she could go give the young kits a proper burial; they deserved as much. Yet all she could manage was shaking shoulders and muffled sobs as apologies stumbled from her maw. She had failed them. Again. What use was she as a medicine cat if she would lose her patients before they'd had a chance to breath for the first time.

xavier. June 15th, 2023 08:28 AM

Cloverkit glared at anyone who looked in his direction.

[ CLOSED - ACTIVITY ]

Bean June 15th, 2023 09:51 AM

Pigeonear sat

[Activity post, closed]

Rose June 17th, 2023 05:26 PM

Berryfrost existed somewhere in time and space.

[ Closed, Activity Post ]