Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   RiverClan Events (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Teams n' Trainin' n' Teachin' (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81310)

Saki April 8th, 2024 05:38 PM

Teams n' Trainin' n' Teachin'

Event [#event]

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=50564

CURRENT LOCATION OF THE GROUP:

CLEARING

Wisteriaheart cleared her throat and walked into the middling of the clearing. With all these new apprentices there ought' to be a little training event, eh? Just a quick and fun little thing for new apprentices learning new, basic skills, right? Anywho, there would be teams and training which was perfect. Even had a nice lil' ring to it too.

``Apprentices n' above! We are having a fun lil' game of training n' teaching! First come first serve! I need up to 10 warriors n' up to 10 apprentices to start! EVEN NUMBERS PLEASE! This game will be n' elimination sorta thing, if you get eliminated, you must leave the game and do whatever you want, you can even just watch. There will be three rounds of games of my choosin' that the warrior of each pairin' up will teach their assigned apprentice. If you got any questions, ask.`` She said, hopefully loud enough for all who wanted to join to hear.

``Also, apprentices with most of their training done is welcome to be teachers, but these competitions will be based around the main things to become a Riverclan warrior so please choose wisely whether to be a Trainee or Teacher.`` She said, licking down a tuft of fur.

(If your kitty is an apprentice hoping to be a teacher please make that VERY clear in your post for my laziness lol, ty)

PLEASE MENTION OR QUOTE ME AS I ONLY WANT SO MANY PPL IN THIS THREAD FOR SIMPLICITY

Teachers:10/10
Trainees: 9/10

My next post will be when there are 10 in each role or on April 13th TYYYY

SeonghwasBunnyEars April 8th, 2024 05:42 PM

Re: Teams n' Trainin' n' Teachin'

Willowpaw padded up. Being the oldest apprentice she had a lot of experience. "Can I be a teacher?" Willowpaw mewed gently.

Weepingpaw and Summerpaw watched
Brightnight watched from the nursery
Hawksun sniffed and watched

Katiethewolfchild April 8th, 2024 06:01 PM

Toadpaw joined, as the blind nine moon old apprentice knew that this event would be very useful and likely help her earn her warrior name sooner, which would put her on the path to becoming a lionheart or the deputy and eventually the leader. She would have offered to teach, as that would help her build a solid reputation in the clan, but she barely had any training, so she unfortunately wouldn't be able to teach.

Wishpaw joined. This would be useful, even if she had to learn how to fight... Yes she knew fighting was necessary, but that didn't prevent her from being very fighting adverse.

Rabbitpaw guessed that she would join this training elimination event. Even though she still didn't care about anything cause Blossomkit was still dead and she still wanted to be with Blossomkit....

Sparrowpaw joined. This event sounded useful, even if the teacher would be untrustworthy, like almost all of the cats older than kits in this clan and outside of this clan as well. @Saki

Saki April 8th, 2024 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeonghwasBunnyEars (Post 1576861)
Willowpaw padded up. Being the oldest apprentice she had a lot of experience. "Can I be a teacher?" Willowpaw mewed gently.

Weepingpaw and Summerpaw watched
Brightnight watched from the nursery
Hawksun sniffed and watched

Wisteriaheart glanced toward Willowpaw and gave her a quick nod before turning away

Blazing April 8th, 2024 06:20 PM

PIGEONPELT

Hearing the call, Pigeonpelt walked out from the shade of the clearing edge. That sounds interesting, an elimination game. “I’m interested,” she walked over with a smile.

(Sry it’s rushed, I’m rushing atm) @Saki

SeonghwasBunnyEars April 8th, 2024 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saki (Post 1576869)
Wisteriaheart glanced toward Willowpaw and gave her a quick nod before turning away

Willowpaw waved her tail in aknoladgement

FruitBatz April 9th, 2024 11:54 AM

Moonpaw padded over, hoping to join

Dolomedes April 9th, 2024 02:25 PM

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=48676
Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Warrior | Moons: 16 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze looked over to Westeriaheart as she called the clan about a training event. That would be good given everything that was going on apprentice training was likely slower than it should be in a time where they needed new warriors more than ever. Or more so they needed warriors who would do their jobs. Seabreeze got to his paws and stopped near the gathering group of cats and called up to Westeriaheart, “I can join as a teacher if needed.” He said simply, not really in the mood to do anything else. He was tired, he feels like he has gotten a proper rest since before the raid and that was probably true. Between work and nightmares, not a lot of good sleep. He sighed and focused on the now and decided his insomnia didn’t need to be on his mind for the time being.
[ @Saki - Westeriaheart ]
[ Just a quick post for joining, I’ll have better posts for the event ]

Fernwillow April 10th, 2024 05:37 AM

Foxtail was excited to teach a young apprentice some skills. "I'm in for teaching!" @Saki

Bean April 10th, 2024 05:38 PM

Rainpaw
He/They - 13 moons

Tw - post contains mentions of anxiety, depression self-hate, thoughts of suicide, repeating words [slightly]... probs missin something.

13 moons.
13 damn moons. And he wasnt even close to becoming a warrior. Was he really that terrible at life? Starsdamnit. The one-eyed tabby had been working so hard to look happy lately, and it was taking its toll. He was bitter, and tired. so. damn. tired. SHUT UP he wanted to scream. But he couldn't. It was a burden. He was a burden.

Rainpaw heard a voice. Wisteriaheart. He almost laughed. Training? Like that could help him at this point. The blue tabby made himself get up. Pain. It hurt. Living. His one blue eye was half-closed. He hadn't been sleeping lately. No. He didn't want to. What, he didn't know. Anything. Everything. Pain. The blue apprentice grit his teeth before forcing on a smile.

"I caaan teach... but it depends," he said, trying to hide the strain in their voice. Like they would be useful. He hardly knew anything. Useless. He was useless. They flicked their half-tail left and right. What if they said no? What would happen then? It would prove he was useless. It was true. They knew it was true. Everything was true. He was useless. Useless useless useless.

iliri April 12th, 2024 04:01 PM

Cormorantpaw came over.

[hi i felt lazy to put in her format but girlie needs training]

kittycatburmise April 13th, 2024 11:04 PM

Irisfrost

When she heard Wisteriaheart's call, Irisfrost stood up from where she had been grooming herself and padded over. The event sounded useful; it would give the apprentices some training, which she was always happy to do. “I can teach,” she told the warrior. Quite a few apprentices were also willing to teach. Irisfrost quietly made note of them; they’d make good mentors someday. “What skills are the apprentices learning?”

While the group waited, Irisfrost took the time to give her pelt a few brisk licks. It was short, so it rarely got messy, but as always, she wanted to look her best, especially since she hadn’t had time to finish her grooming before coming.

chickadee April 14th, 2024 05:52 PM

Tulippaw padded over to join the group. Most of the cats were already there, so she hoped she wasn’t too late, but she smiled none the less and tried her best to join in and hide her embarrassment on being late.

. . .

@Saki - sorry for such a lazy joining post, I’ll put more effort during the actual event

Saki April 15th, 2024 02:47 PM

*treehheart joined*

Saki April 15th, 2024 03:17 PM

Event [#event]

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=50564
@SeonghwasBunnyEars - Willowpaw, Hawksun, Brightnight: Teacher - Weepingpaw, Summerpaw: Trainee
@Katiethewolfchild - Toadpaw, Wishpaw, Rabbitpaw, Sparrowpaw: Trainee
@Blazing - Pigeonpelt: Teacher
@FruitBatz - Moonpaw: Trainee
@Dolomedes - Seabreeze: Teacher
@Fernwillow - Foxtail: Teacher
@Breaking Dawn - Rainpaw: Teacher
@iliri - Cormorantpaw: Trainee
@kittycatburmise - Irisfrost: Teacher
@chickadee - Tulippaw: Trainee
@Saki - Wisteriaheart, Treeheart: Teacher
Wisteriaheart cleared her throat after some 20 or so cats showed up, some teachers and some trainers. She just needed to pair them up. She took a deep breath before speaking.

``Ahem! Please listen up! This event will consist of four games, all based on the four requirements to become a warrior. Battle, swimming, land hunting, and water hunting. The warrior assigned to you will teach you a crash course of the topic and then the apprentices will go head to head in battle for the secret winning prize! For example, in the battle section, the teacher will show their apprentice a few basic moves and then I will pair up the apprentices to go against each other. Now for the pairings. `` She said, all with one deep breath but making sure to speak loud, clear, and slow enough for every single cat to understand and hear (Hopefully making sense of her rules as well).

After a moment she started with the pairings ``Willowpaw will teach Toadpaw, Hawksun will teach Wishpaw, Brightnight will teach Moonpaw, Pigeonpelt will teach Weepingpaw, Seabreeze will teach Sparrowpaw, Foxtail will teach Rabbitpaw, Rainpaw will teach Commorantpaw, Treeheart will teach Tulippaw, and lastly Irisfrost will teach Summerpaw, `` She finished and shook her fur off.

``Now the first thing will be water hunting, you have until sun high to teach your apprentice to water hunt and then bring back as much prey as they can! The warriors should NOT hunt to bring them back! All prey goes back to camp, the teachers do not play the game, the teachers show the apprentices and the apprentice repeat. I will be checking on EVERYTHING since I do not have an apprentice. I will be anywhere and anytime so do not even think about cheating!!`` She said sternly

``You my begin!`` She cried out cheerfully.

(Please let me know if you have any questions or if I missed anyone for pairing)

Fernwillow April 15th, 2024 03:19 PM

Foxtail looked around to find Rabbitpaw.
@Katiethewolfchild

SeonghwasBunnyEars April 15th, 2024 03:36 PM

Hawksun padded up to Wishpaw with a small sniff.
@Katiethewolfchild
Willowpaw padded up to Toadpaw with a dip of her head. The pretty grey and bornw she-cat sat down.
@/Katiethewolfchild
Summerpaw padded up to Irisfrost @kittycatburmise
Weepingpaw padded up to Pigeonpelt @Blazing
Brightnight padded up to Moonpaw with a small flick of her tail.
@Saki (So I'm just to show the assigned apprentices a few battle moves)

Blazing April 15th, 2024 08:35 PM

Pigeonpelt

Making her way over to her assigned apprentice, Pigeonpelt smiled warmly. "Lovely day," She said softly, gazing at Weepingpaw briefly. "I'm Pigeonpelt, it's nice to meet you." Her words were enthusiastic as she led her apprentice over to the side of the water. "To start with basic water hunting techniques, you can sit at the side of the water where your shadows are behind you and not on the water." Finding a part of the shoreline, she sat over and beckoned Weepingpaw to sit down.

"You see the trouts?" Under the glistening, rippling waters, fish swam past, some quick as lightning, some slow and lazy. Pigeonpelt nodded towards them and glanced at Weepingpaw. "Sit still and pinpoint one of them." She kept her voice low, only audible to her and the other Riverclanner. "When they get close... strike." Suddenly, her paws shot through the surface of the ripples and slashed into the liquid. Out came flopping one of the trouts, panicking, before Pigeonpelt ended its life. She beamed a wide stretched smile again. "It's not that hard. After a few practises you'd be able to do so!"

"Your turn."
@SeonghwasBunnyEars

SeonghwasBunnyEars April 16th, 2024 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing (Post 1579411)
Pigeonpelt

Making her way over to her assigned apprentice, Pigeonpelt smiled warmly. "Lovely day," She said softly, gazing at Weepingpaw briefly. "I'm Pigeonpelt, it's nice to meet you." Her words were enthusiastic as she led her apprentice over to the side of the water. "To start with basic water hunting techniques, you can sit at the side of the water where your shadows are behind you and not on the water." Finding a part of the shoreline, she sat over and beckoned Weepingpaw to sit down.

"You see the trouts?" Under the glistening, rippling waters, fish swam past, some quick as lightning, some slow and lazy. Pigeonpelt nodded towards them and glanced at Weepingpaw. "Sit still and pinpoint one of them." She kept her voice low, only audible to her and the other Riverclanner. "When they get close... strike." Suddenly, her paws shot through the surface of the ripples and slashed into the liquid. Out came flopping one of the trouts, panicking, before Pigeonpelt ended its life. She beamed a wide stretched smile again. "It's not that hard. After a few practises you'd be able to do so!"

"Your turn."
@SeonghwasBunnyEars

Weepingpaw stood there, Looking a bit like an idiot. The blind Tom blinked nervously, he realized he didn't look blind and would have to let this cat know. "Oh... I um.. I'm blind.. my mom told me that I should just uh.. like... crouch and lean back a bit, Stay still and when I hear the water ripples getting closer to me along with the smell of fish, I should reach out my paws and snatch it up....." Weepingpaw mewed nervously. Weepingpaw scooted closer to the Earth's end, he slid his paws silently on the ground until he felt the edge, he leaned back and pricked his ears forward, his shadow was a bit on the water but not much. Weepingpaw listened, his paws gently placed in front of him, he sat, still as the scent of cold death.

Weepingpaw then heard a ripple, his tail twitched once behind me. He heard as a decent fish came near the surface. Weepingpaw extended his claws and in a flash, scooped the fish upwards. Hearing the clunk on it landing on the floor, he tried to pinpoint it's scent in time, but the fish had already flopped onto the waters bed, swimming away. Weepingpaw stayed calm but gave a small marrow of embarassment.

Katiethewolfchild April 16th, 2024 02:55 PM

Rabbitpaw walked up to Foxtail, the seven moon old mumbled hi... She wasn't sure why she had bothered to join this event. Without Blossomkit... everything was worthless. She wondered why StarClan had taken Blossomkit but not her. She just wanted to be with Blossomkit again... @Fernwillow

Katiethewolfchild April 16th, 2024 02:58 PM

Sparrowpaw looked for Seabreeze. Once she found him she meowed hey in a emotionless voice, keeping her eyes on Seabreeze because she didn't trust him. Not that she trusted anyone anymore. Well except kits but by trust she basically meant that she didn't push kits away. They were too young and too innocent to be vented to. She wasn't always sure if she even trusted herself. @Dolomedes

Katiethewolfchild April 16th, 2024 03:01 PM

Toadpaw meowed hey to Willowpaw. The blind nine moon old was sure that she could succeed. After all she was the only strong cat in this clan full of weaklings. Her blindness didn't mean anything. It wouldn't prevent her from becoming leader one day. She wouldn't let anything prevent that. That goal was the sole reason she bothered to pretend to be like everyone else. Otherwise she might still do it but just until she learned how to hunt and fight so she could survive on her own. Her goal was the only reason she hadn't yet left the clan. It didn't matter that the cat teaching her was also an apprentice. She was sure that she would do amazingly.

Wishpaw meowed hey to the cat teaching her. She wasn't looking forward to the battle moves, but at least this was only water hunting... She also wasn't looking forward to the swimming lesson, even though she already knew how to swim. @SeonghwasBunnyEars

SeonghwasBunnyEars April 16th, 2024 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katiethewolfchild (Post 1579679)
Toadpaw meowed hey to Willowpaw. The blind nine moon old was sure that she could succeed. After all she was the only strong cat in this clan full of weaklings. Her blindness didn't mean anything. It wouldn't prevent her from becoming leader one day. She wouldn't let anything prevent that. That goal was the sole reason she bothered to pretend to be like everyone else. Otherwise she might still do it but just until she learned how to hunt and fight so she could survive on her own. Her goal was the only reason she hadn't yet left the clan. It didn't matter that the cat teaching her was also an apprentice. She was sure that she would do amazingly.

Wishpaw meowed hey to the cat teaching her. She wasn't looking forward to the battle moves, but at least this was only water hunting... She also wasn't looking forward to the swimming lesson, even though she already knew how to swim. @SeonghwasBunnyEars

Willowpaw gave a friendly mrrow of greeting. Noting the apprentice was blind like her brother Weepingpaw. "Alrighty. I'm Willowpaw as you've heard, pleased to actually talk to you." She started. "Let's start with hunting, the hunter crouch and controlling your steps and strength are vital to fighting, so lets learn them first." Willowpaw mewed, "Come along" She mewed, letting the apprentice follow her voice and scent, knowing from Weepingpaw how annoying it was to be led around with a useless tail over there shoulder. When they arrived to a more of a secluded area Willowpaw stopped and turned.

"Alright. So first show me you best hunters crouch." Willowpaw instructed calmly, her beautiful blue hues shone as she sat on a small rock and watched. Willowpaw fluffed up her light grey fur against the breeze, her brown paws kneeded the ground like dough.

chickadee April 16th, 2024 10:41 PM

Tulippaw bounced as she scrambled to Treeheart. Despite little training from Beanfloat, she was excited to be taught by Treeheart for this event. She hadn’t the first idea on how to water hunt or fish, but it couldn’t be that hard. She was a pure bred RiverClan cat, so fishing should come naturally. Plus it was what RiverClanners prided themselves on. If she was going to become that warrior that she used to daydream about as a kit, she would have to learn fishing.

“Treeheart! Can you teach me to fish? I don’t have any clue, but I’m a pretty fast learner. I should be good with some practice.” The calico meowed eagerly. There was nothing to practice fishing with back in the RiverClan camp, so Tulippaw had only ever really practiced land hunting with mossballs and all the tiny bugs she used to chase around when she was bored.

Those were much simpler times for her. And she longed for them. But there was no changing the past. So, she would just have to move forward.

. . .

@Saki - Treeheart

Dolomedes April 17th, 2024 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katiethewolfchild (Post 1579678)
Sparrowpaw looked for Seabreeze. Once she found him she meowed hey in a emotionless voice, keeping her eyes on Seabreeze because she didn't trust him. Not that she trusted anyone anymore. Well except kits but by trust she basically meant that she didn't push kits away. They were too young and too innocent to be vented to. She wasn't always sure if she even trusted herself. @Dolomedes

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=48676
Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 17 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze stopped fidgeting with his paws as Westeriaheart finally assigned a teacher to each apprentice and set them off to start their respective trainings. Luckily, water hunting was something that even Seabreeze, with all his insecurity, felt he was good at. Much better than fighting at least, anything was better than fighting. Sparrowpaw found him swiftly and the lionheart gave a soft smile at the apprentice despite her seeming lack of enthusiasm. "Hello, I am happy to be able to help you out with your training! Shall we head out?" Seabreeze spoke easily as he motioned towards the exit of camp with a paw, his lack of tail to motion with sent a slight pang of something through him but its been quite some time since the raid he lost it in so it was less noticable. After making sure the apprentice was being him, the sandy grey-blue tom began to walk them through camp and then out through the territory heading for a good spot along the river for a beginning class to water hunting.

As the pair of them walked to their destination, Seabreeze decided to multi-task a bit and start with explaining the basics of water hunting. "In normal hunting you need to pay attention to yourself, but in water hunting that is especially important. You need to watch out for your own movement, your shadow, then your paw placement as you wait. Its a bit like a balancing act, if that makes sense. Though its pretty easy once you get a paw on it." He ended, trying to make sure that Sparrowpaw wasn't worried about not getting it. It really was simple once you get it down and soon it would come with ease as it would with every Riverclan warrior.

Blazing April 17th, 2024 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeonghwasBunnyEars (Post 1579660)

Weepingpaw stood there, Looking a bit like an idiot. The blind Tom blinked nervously, he realized he didn't look blind and would have to let this cat know. "Oh... I um.. I'm blind.. my mom told me that I should just uh.. like... crouch and lean back a bit, Stay still and when I hear the water ripples getting closer to me along with the smell of fish, I should reach out my paws and snatch it up....." Weepingpaw mewed nervously. Weepingpaw scooted closer to the Earth's end, he slid his paws silently on the ground until he felt the edge, he leaned back and pricked his ears forward, his shadow was a bit on the water but not much. Weepingpaw listened, his paws gently placed in front of him, he sat, still as the scent of cold death.

Weepingpaw then heard a ripple, his tail twitched once behind me. He heard as a decent fish came near the surface. Weepingpaw extended his claws and in a flash, scooped the fish upwards. Hearing the clunk on it landing on the floor, he tried to pinpoint it's scent in time, but the fish had already flopped onto the waters bed, swimming away. Weepingpaw stayed calm but gave a small marrow of embarassment.

Pigeonpelt

Warrior - Rc - Molly

After hearing from Weepingpaw finally, Pigeonpelt got embarrassed and felt ashamed of herself. "StarClan- My deepest apologies," She apologised frantically, hoping not to harm the apprentice at all in any way possible. Yet as she listened to his descriptions, she noticed that he got nearly everything correct. His mother must've taught him well since it seemed that he knew the steps just well enough. Pigeonpelt thought that she would've had to brainstorm on how to help since she wasn't able to feel through the ways of the tom. Either way, there would always be a solution, and she would be sure to make Weepingpaw one of the strongest opponents in this small competition.

"You did all the steps well and correct, that's already impressive," Pigeonpelt first complimented the younger Riverclanner. "Don't be embarrassed by yourself- there are apprentices that hunt so much worse than you, you did well." Gently settling down beside Weepingpaw, the warrior turned over to the water. "Why don't we try this," she said, hoping to think of a way, "Make sure that the fish come up from the same location so you can pinpoint easier?" She looked down and brought up a fish again after not a long while. "For instance, make sure you always swipe at the left or right so the trouts would come out from the same sides." That is a possible solution, right? To help with accuracy.

SeonghwasBunnyEars April 17th, 2024 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing (Post 1579951)

Pigeonpelt

Warrior - Rc - Molly

After hearing from Weepingpaw finally, Pigeonpelt got embarrassed and felt ashamed of herself. "StarClan- My deepest apologies," She apologised frantically, hoping not to harm the apprentice at all in any way possible. Yet as she listened to his descriptions, she noticed that he got nearly everything correct. His mother must've taught him well since it seemed that he knew the steps just well enough. Pigeonpelt thought that she would've had to brainstorm on how to help since she wasn't able to feel through the ways of the tom. Either way, there would always be a solution, and she would be sure to make Weepingpaw one of the strongest opponents in this small competition.

"You did all the steps well and correct, that's already impressive," Pigeonpelt first complimented the younger Riverclanner. "Don't be embarrassed by yourself- there are apprentices that hunt so much worse than you, you did well." Gently settling down beside Weepingpaw, the warrior turned over to the water. "Why don't we try this," she said, hoping to think of a way, "Make sure that the fish come up from the same location so you can pinpoint easier?" She looked down and brought up a fish again after not a long while. "For instance, make sure you always swipe at the left or right so the trouts would come out from the same sides." That is a possible solution, right? To help with accuracy.

Weepingpaw listened closely. "That might work" He purred gently, his eyes bright at the idea. Weepingpaw crouched over the water, leaning back a small bit and feeling with his paws. He hit a small rock with his paw and winced silently.
Weepingpaw then pricked his ears and opened his jaws gently, finally scenting a fish around the same area as before, he flicked his tail once, he then scented one reach the surface for a bit, swiping down with his left forepaw, the fish swam frantically in the opposite direction, one of the fish flew to the ground, Weepingpaw then shot out his other paw and caught a tiny fish. Grabbing the tiny fish he simply snapped it with his jaws, turning to the other fish he leapt in time to grasp it's spine and deal a killing blow. Weepingpaw's whiskers quivered in excitement. "Two in one!!!!" He yowled triumphantly. He sniffed gently and picked up the smaller fish, placing it beside Pigeonpelt. "Did I do good? Are they decent sized... the second one feels small.."

FruitBatz April 17th, 2024 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeonghwasBunnyEars (Post 1579261)
Hawksun padded up to Wishpaw with a small sniff.
@Katiethewolfchild
Willowpaw padded up to Toadpaw with a dip of her head. The pretty grey and bornw she-cat sat down.
@/Katiethewolfchild
Summerpaw padded up to Irisfrost @kittycatburmise
Weepingpaw padded up to Pigeonpelt @Blazing
Brightnight padded up to Moonpaw with a small flick of her tail.
@Saki (So I'm just to show the assigned apprentices a few battle moves)

Moonpaw
Black and brown Tabby Siamese mix with orange eyes

HP (42/100)
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=49229
Moonpaw by rust`rock

The small molly looked for this ‘Brightnight’ before deciding to almost give up, then she came. “Hello…are you Brightnight?” Moonpaw asked as she looked up, her voice was hardly above a whisper.

SeonghwasBunnyEars April 17th, 2024 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FruitBatz (Post 1579989)

Moonpaw
Black and brown Tabby Siamese mix with orange eyes

HP (42/100)
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=49229
Moonpaw by rust`rock

The small molly looked for this ‘Brightnight’ before deciding to almost give up, then she came. “Hello…are you Brightnight?” Moonpaw asked as she looked up, her voice was hardly above a whisper.

Brightnight nodded with a soft purr. "Yes I am. Pleased to meet you little one" The queen purred

Fernwillow April 17th, 2024 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katiethewolfchild (Post 1579675)
Rabbitpaw walked up to Foxtail, the seven moon old mumbled hi... She wasn't sure why she had bothered to join this event. Without Blossomkit... everything was worthless. She wondered why StarClan had taken Blossomkit but not her. She just wanted to be with Blossomkit again... @Fernwillow

Foxtail
he/him | ThunderClan

"Hello, Rabbitpaw!" Foxtail exclaimed. "What do you wanna do first?" He studied her, trying to understand her complex facial expression.

kittycatburmise April 17th, 2024 09:48 PM

Irisfrost

A couple more cats joined, and then Wisteriaheart paired them each with an apprentice. Irisfrost found Summerpaw and greeted him with a flick of her tail. "Come with me," she told him curtly before padding out of camp.

They headed to the river, Irisfrost not bothering to make small talk. Her responsibility was to train Summerpaw, not to become friends with him. When they arrived, Irisfrost sat on the bank before speaking. "When you fish, your shadow must face away from the water. Then wait for a fish to pass. When one does, grab it like this." She demonstrated, plunging a paw with unsheathed claws into the water. Making a grabbing motion, she pulled it out. "Make sure you have a good hold on the fish, otherwise it might escape before you can pull it out."

Cynical green eyes peered at Summerpaw. "Any questions?"

@SeonghwasBunnyEars

SeonghwasBunnyEars April 18th, 2024 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittycatburmise (Post 1580289)
Irisfrost

A couple more cats joined, and then Wisteriaheart paired them each with an apprentice. Irisfrost found Summerpaw and greeted him with a flick of her tail. "Come with me," she told him curtly before padding out of camp.

They headed to the river, Irisfrost not bothering to make small talk. Her responsibility was to train Summerpaw, not to become friends with him. When they arrived, Irisfrost sat on the bank before speaking. "When you fish, your shadow must face away from the water. Then wait for a fish to pass. When one does, grab it like this." She demonstrated, plunging a paw with unsheathed claws into the water. Making a grabbing motion, she pulled it out. "Make sure you have a good hold on the fish, otherwise it might escape before you can pull it out."

Cynical green eyes peered at Summerpaw. "Any questions?"

@SeonghwasBunnyEars

Summerpaw gave a gentle sniff. "Uhm... my mentor Minnowsplash told me that... sense I have a bright orange pelt.. that I should face towards the sun so my shadow falls behind me and the sun reflects on my pelt.... she said it would disguise me better...." Summerpaw said carefully, not trying to contradict the she-cat, just trying to inform her that Summerpaw's tried it all, his bright orange pelt was just to heavy and to bright. "Like this" He mewed, he positioned himself carefully, making sure his side shadow didn't fall over the water, Summerpaw locked onto a fish and twitched his whiskers. Swooping into the water with his paw he attempted to snatch out the fish, he grabbed it with his forepaws, his hind paws dinging into the soil with a panicked grumble, Summerpaw leaned forward and bit the fishes tail, he threw it behind him and tumbled backwards so he didn't fall into the water. Landing on his back the clumsy Tom flipped over like a kit and grabbed his prey, biting it and snapping it's spine. "That....... was not how she taught me to do it" Summerpaw mewed in embarssment

Saki April 18th, 2024 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickadee (Post 1579869)
Tulippaw bounced as she scrambled to Treeheart. Despite little training from Beanfloat, she was excited to be taught by Treeheart for this event. She hadn’t the first idea on how to water hunt or fish, but it couldn’t be that hard. She was a pure bred RiverClan cat, so fishing should come naturally. Plus it was what RiverClanners prided themselves on. If she was going to become that warrior that she used to daydream about as a kit, she would have to learn fishing.

“Treeheart! Can you teach me to fish? I don’t have any clue, but I’m a pretty fast learner. I should be good with some practice.” The calico meowed eagerly. There was nothing to practice fishing with back in the RiverClan camp, so Tulippaw had only ever really practiced land hunting with mossballs and all the tiny bugs she used to chase around when she was bored.

Those were much simpler times for her. And she longed for them. But there was no changing the past. So, she would just have to move forward.

. . .

@Saki - Treeheart

Treeheart smiled and waved his tail toward his "apprentice".

"Okay, follow me"Treeheart chirped and lead the apprentice to a small body of water and crouched, showing her the hunting position. ``alright, all you gotta do is wait for one of these fishies- make sure your real silent and still and don't have a shadow over the water. Then you just gotta hook your claw into it real fast and take it out the water. If it's not already dead, you can kill it with a quick bite to the throat.`` He said, slow and quiet then showed the apprentice how by example. He flicked his tail for her to try with a bright smile.

(Sorry for the short post)

kittycatburmise April 21st, 2024 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeonghwasBunnyEars (Post 1580379)

Summerpaw gave a gentle sniff. "Uhm... my mentor Minnowsplash told me that... sense I have a bright orange pelt.. that I should face towards the sun so my shadow falls behind me and the sun reflects on my pelt.... she said it would disguise me better...." Summerpaw said carefully, not trying to contradict the she-cat, just trying to inform her that Summerpaw's tried it all, his bright orange pelt was just to heavy and to bright. "Like this" He mewed, he positioned himself carefully, making sure his side shadow didn't fall over the water, Summerpaw locked onto a fish and twitched his whiskers. Swooping into the water with his paw he attempted to snatch out the fish, he grabbed it with his forepaws, his hind paws dinging into the soil with a panicked grumble, Summerpaw leaned forward and bit the fishes tail, he threw it behind him and tumbled backwards so he didn't fall into the water. Landing on his back the clumsy Tom flipped over like a kit and grabbed his prey, biting it and snapping it's spine. "That....... was not how she taught me to do it" Summerpaw mewed in embarssment

Irisfrost

Summerpaw told her his technique, and Irisfrost nodded. "That would be useful, especially when the water is clear. If the water is murky you don't need to do that, but as it isn't so much today, that would be a good idea." With her mottled pelt Irisfrost had never needed to do that, but she could see how other cats might struggle.

Irisfrost frowned at Summerpaw's messy attempt at fishing. "Good to know your mentor taught you better than that," she replied dryly. "Try again. I want to see if you can do it better. I'll be behind you to catch any fish you miss." With that Irisfrost sat behind him, keeping one eye on Summerpaw's technique and the other on the river.

SeonghwasBunnyEars April 22nd, 2024 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittycatburmise (Post 1581458)
Irisfrost

Summerpaw told her his technique, and Irisfrost nodded. "That would be useful, especially when the water is clear. If the water is murky you don't need to do that, but as it isn't so much today, that would be a good idea." With her mottled pelt Irisfrost had never needed to do that, but she could see how other cats might struggle.

Irisfrost frowned at Summerpaw's messy attempt at fishing. "Good to know your mentor taught you better than that," she replied dryly. "Try again. I want to see if you can do it better. I'll be behind you to catch any fish you miss." With that Irisfrost sat behind him, keeping one eye on Summerpaw's technique and the other on the river.

Summerpaw gave a gentle, determined nod. Attempting to catch another fish he rested in his usual position, finally lashing out a orange paw and snatching up a fish, he caught it and snapped it's spine with his powerful maw. "Better?" Summerpaw asked hopefully, his blue gaze searching the she-cat as he looked at her.

kittycatburmise April 23rd, 2024 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeonghwasBunnyEars (Post 1582293)

Summerpaw gave a gentle, determined nod. Attempting to catch another fish he rested in his usual position, finally lashing out a orange paw and snatching up a fish, he caught it and snapped it's spine with his powerful maw. "Better?" Summerpaw asked hopefully, his blue gaze searching the she-cat as he looked at her.

Irisfrost

Irisfrost watched from behind as Summerpaw caught a fish. It was a clean kill, good. "Better," she confirmed. "Catch three more, then we'll head back." She wanted to make sure the catch had not been a fluke. Even if it wasn't, practise would do Summerpaw good. He seemed competent enough, although she didn't know how he fared in the other areas. Fishing was an important skill, but it was not the be-all and end-all of training, especially during the cold season when the river sometimes froze over.

In the position to quickly kill any fish that escaped Summerpaw, Irisfrost watched the apprentice as he attempted to catch fish. She would critique anything wrong with his technique, but he seemed to be doing well. She hoped it would stay that way.

SeonghwasBunnyEars April 24th, 2024 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittycatburmise (Post 1582761)
Irisfrost

Irisfrost watched from behind as Summerpaw caught a fish. It was a clean kill, good. "Better," she confirmed. "Catch three more, then we'll head back." She wanted to make sure the catch had not been a fluke. Even if it wasn't, practise would do Summerpaw good. He seemed competent enough, although she didn't know how he fared in the other areas. Fishing was an important skill, but it was not the be-all and end-all of training, especially during the cold season when the river sometimes froze over.

In the position to quickly kill any fish that escaped Summerpaw, Irisfrost watched the apprentice as he attempted to catch fish. She would critique anything wrong with his technique, but he seemed to be doing well. She hoped it would stay that way.

Summerpaw nodded. He narrowed his eyes as he looked at the water, Summerpaw waited for a bit until a carp came towards the surface, Summerpaw's blue eyes locked onto the fish intensely. Muttering under his breath Summerpaw lifted his paw, letting it's shadow fall onto the farther side of the fish, watching the fish ease away from it and closer to him, Summerpaw used his raised paw, shooting it into the water and snatching up the carp, snapping it's spine he immediately focused back once placing the fish beside Irisfrost. Summerpaw eventually caught 2 more fish, one a bit smaller than he'd like and another normal sized. "Irisfrost. When animals die and touch water they contaminate it right? So when fish die... like on there own and aren't hunted. Don't they contaminate water to?" He wondered

chickadee April 24th, 2024 07:15 PM

Tulippaw
?/100 || RiverClan || 8 moons || she/her

Tulippaw watched Treeheart intently. Her green eyes followed every little simple movement, right down to the flick of his paw. She’s never been this focused before. It felt like she didn’t even blink as she watched him successfully catch a fish. It looked so simple when he did it. It looked so easy. But surely it wasn’t.

Tulippaw crouched, repeating Treeheart’s steps carefully, and flattening her ears to her head in concentration. She inched closer and closer to the edge of the rock as her heart thundered in her chest. She shouldn’t be taking this so seriously. It was a simple Clan event. Yet, she wanted to win, and she wanted to ignite that spark to become a warrior, and become motivated once more. This fish could be her spark.

Green eyes stared into the deep clear river as she took a breath. She could see her reflection staring right back at her, with fierce eyes. If she squinted hard enough and leaned down, she could even just barely make out little fish that swam about, and some bigger ones too.

She waited there on the rocks. Patience was a virtue, but not for her. She’d always been impatient, she’d always been too quick. Yet now, it felt like time was moving slower as she waited for the perfect moment.

It happened so quick she almost couldn’t process it.

A small fish, it swam around unknowingly, dancing around peacefully in the river. Her paw, flashing down into the river, claws unsheathing almost instinctively into the fish as she brought it up out of the water.

The fish flapped about in her paws, and she almost dropped it as it slipped in her paws. This fish was a fighter, and it flung droplets of water all over the rock and Tulippaw. It prompted the calico to quickly bite into the fish, ending its struggle rather quickly.

She blinked once. She blinked twice. It had gone still. She was victorious. Hee chest swelled as a grin spread across her face at the sight. “Treeheart! Look! I did it!” She cried out in triumph. “And on my first try!” She laughed as she set the fish down besides her.

. . .

@Saki

[oops this is super long. i cooked.]