Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   ShadowClan (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   ShadowClan Territory (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28)

Sweetie April 30th, 2020 12:30 AM

Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamRiverRipple (Post 679559)
@Shimm

Magpiepaw nodded, standing up. He didn't like the look in Foxwhisper's eye... Staring at him, calculating his every move. "I know how to use my claws. I guess not well enough.." He stood beneath the tree, staring up. Just the trunk went up farther than he could see. The tom took a tentative step onto the base of the trunk, flexing his claws into the bark.
It was gritty and tough, and sharp bits dug into his pads. No wonder his mentor had chosen this tree. With a grunt, Magpiepaw heaved himself up onto the lowest branch, skinny rump hanging off.

Well, at least he'd tried.

The ginger tom nodded, good at least the apprentice knew something. So he wasn't entirely useless.
Silver eyes watched as Magpiepaw attempted to climb the tree. It was slightly pathetic to watch him try. Oh, Starclan this training was going to take a long time.
"When climbing a tree lower body strength is more important than upper. So try again but this time focus the power your legs have." Foxwhisperer said to his apprentice. Walking towards the tree that the younger tom was at he moved the tree on the left. "Watch me." Slowly the massive warrior attached his claws into the bark, sinking in as if it was nothing. With that, he bunched his hindlegs and climbed the tree. One paw with claws out after the other.

cmdR_Paige April 30th, 2020 11:18 AM

@Mentallyunstable

Ashpaw glanced backward at the tall apprentice, a proud grin on his face. "We aren't too far away from the very spot," he chuckled, "the very spot I battled a threat to our clan."

Exis April 30th, 2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye (Post 680866)
@Mentallyunstable

Ashpaw glanced backward at the tall apprentice, a proud grin on his face. "We aren't too far away from the very spot," he chuckled, "the very spot I battled a threat to our clan."

Blackpaw nodded. "So did you win?"

cmdR_Paige April 30th, 2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentallyunstable (Post 680923)
Blackpaw nodded. "So did you win?"

"Of course I did," he replied nonchalantly. "Here we are!" He gestured to a foxhole about a rabbit's length away. "This is it."

Exis April 30th, 2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye (Post 681057)
"Of course I did," he replied nonchalantly. "Here we are!" He gestured to a foxhole about a rabbit's length away. "This is it."

Blackpaw looked at the foxhole. "So this is where you fought huh. Did they live?" he asked as his eyes narrowed. He knew the answer.

Exis April 30th, 2020 02:21 PM

[after whatever happens in the clearing]

Blackpaw walked out of camp, breathing in the fresh air. "Wanna hunt first?" Blackpaw asked trying to get back to the problems at hand and lighten the mood a bit.
@Skye

Undertaker April 30th, 2020 05:56 PM

@crypticcountryroad @Powder @Cörruptly

This Hickory fellow was quite the pushover. Dawnstripe didn't bother sparing a second thought as she quickly began sniffing around the territory as soon as she was out of camp. There's a frog, pounce, bite, toss. There was a squirrel, leap, catch, bite, toss. Then there was finally a bluejay. Birds were a little harder for Dawnstripe to catch, she couldn't jump as high as average size cats, but the moons she trained as Icestar's apprentice had taught her to overcome her flaws and how to move stealthily despite her size.

Just like the other prey she caught, it was a simple pounce and pin and she claimed the bird's life. There, three pieces of prey and she hasn't even broken a sweat. She drops the bird with the other pieces and swishes her bushy tail behind her. Now that she had something to bring home, she should probably make sure those apprentices weren't having too much trouble.

"Rainpaw, Sparrowpaw have you two caught anything yet?" Even though it was a question it sounded more like a demand from the prideful daughter of Icestar. She left Hickorystump to himself while walking off in search of the apprentices.

The Kitty. April 30th, 2020 06:48 PM

"Sorry!" Sparrowpaw called over her shoulder. Her voice harnessed a respectful tone that was unusually low for the apprentice; typically she would act about as fierce and haughty as Dawnstripe.

But Dawnstripe is Icestar's daughter, she reminded herself quickly. So how couldn't I respect her?

Turning her head, Sparrowpaw plunged into the undergrowth. There was a crinkling rustle. Then, the furry brown head of a squirrel popped up, its cheek rounded with a nut. Sparrowpaw tensed her hindquarters - which now screamed in pain since the RiverClan raid - and exploded forward with a scatter of leaves.

She squeezed her eyes tight shut. Fox-dung! I almost had it. Sparrowpaw snorted. Stupid leaves!

Opening her eyes, the she-cat peered reluctantly down at her paws.

Stars above, she had caught it!

A small russet figure squirmed beneath Sparrowpaw's paws, its frantic squeals momentarily cut short as the mottled apprentice bit happily down on its neck.

"Got something!" Sparrowpaw announced pridefully, grabbing the squirrel and scuffing a blanket of dirt over the succulent catch.
@Undertaker

cmdR_Paige April 30th, 2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentallyunstable (Post 681144)
[after whatever happens in the clearing]

Blackpaw walked out of camp, breathing in the fresh air. "Wanna hunt first?" Blackpaw asked trying to get back to the problems at hand and lighten the mood a bit.
@Skye

"Sure thing," He replied. Then a grin came over his face. "Hey... Whaddya say we make a game out of it? Whoever makes the biggest catch wins?"

Confuzzled.Lynx April 30th, 2020 07:00 PM

Thornpaw hurried out of the camp entrance, rushing to help Silvermist. She headed to the border that led to the outskirts. She quickly glanced once again behind her shoulder to check if Blackpaw was keeping up and then continued to the border.

@Mentallyunstable