Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   ShadowClan Events (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   ShadowClan Life Before Destruction (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30)

Moon Lily June 15th, 2020 05:14 AM

Re: ShadowClan Leader's Den

[ @Wings -Echo's turn :heartbounce:]

[ @Casper ]

Berrybounce emerged from the bustling clearing into the dim lighting of Icestar's den, the ramp inside causing her to shiver. The chill was resonant of the leader's own name and nature, which she found quite funny. She couldn't help but feel that there was someone behind her. Head jolting to look, she signed in relief as she found no peering eyes. It had been a while since she'd seen the leader. She'd run off in her grief after her mate had left, and hearing that he'd returned, she felt brave enough to return herself. If Icestar would let her... She felt her eyes narrow as she squinted against the darkness, clearing her throat for a notification of arrival.I
"Howdy-doody, missus Icestar?"

Arie June 15th, 2020 07:07 AM

Re: ShadowClan Clearing

-- @Wings --

Doepaw let out a soft laugh and let her tail rest on the younger molly's back. "Its.. alright." She looked around with her blind eyes, ears flicking steadily, slowly gaining an idea of what was around her. "You can just... walk up to it, I can.... find you on... my own. I just need.. to be close enough... to be able to sense it, it's not... being reflected... to my hearing yet." Slowly tapping her paw on the ground her ears perked trying to catch the hint of an echo but nothing. "Go on...," she murmured giving Echopaw an encouraging nudge with her head. Doepaw was happy that the molly was asking questions though, it meant she was willing to learn and to her own surprise that she'd not interacted with any blind cats before. Though that probably wasn't normal either, to interact with blind cats that were fully functional and aiming for being a warrior. Well technically being a warrior for two seconds.

Loon June 15th, 2020 07:10 AM

Re: ShadowClan Nursery

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Bread. (Post 726780)
{ OPEN }

Pinekit peeped around the nursery, looking for another kit to play with.

Wychkit yawned with boredom from where he sat, snuggled up in his nest. He was gazing lazily around the den when he noticed Pinekit scanning the nursery with wide eyes. He chuckled and, with a quick glance to make sure his littermates were distracted, he wriggled out of his nest and padded over to Pinekit.

"Hello," He meowed oily, his kitten-tail sticking straight up like a flagpole. "I'm Wychkit."

[ @.Bread. ]

Astraea June 15th, 2020 07:32 AM

Spider-kit sat in the nursery and then started destroy the moss nest in the nursery.

dino. June 15th, 2020 09:23 AM

Re: ShadowClan Elders' Den

[ @Moon Lily @Beau @Wings ]

Whisperkit
-------------------

Whisperkit squirmed uncomfortably as the medicine cats reached over to tend to his sister and Snailkit. While he knew whatever they were doing was undoubtedly a good thing for the other kits, he also really hoped that they would just finish already and heal him. Whisperkit was finding it harder to stay awake by the second. Each wound sent waves of pain through his body when he moved, and with each wave of pain came a stringer desire to close his eyes. To let it all wash away.

dionysus June 15th, 2020 09:29 AM

Re: ShadowClan Warriors' Den

[ @BILL. @cloudii ]

The words ‘I am... fine,’ didn’t settle well in Glidingleaf. Perhaps it was the sudden change from comforting to awkward but she suddenly felt immensely aware of her existence and where exactly she was- cuddling a stranger. Glidingleaf took the awkward silence after his words to separate a bit, gingerly removing her tail from around him and immediately ceasing to groom him.

She was pleased that he seemed to be doing better and she was still concerned about his wellbeing, but she hadn’t honestly been expecting a change so quickly. Glidingleaf wondered if she should stick around to make sure he was okay, but she decides against it. Pushing his boundaries right now would not be a good thing. The stripes queen would have to take him at his word and trust that he knew himself enough to know when his panic attacks were subsiding.

Glidingleaf pushed herself up onto her paws and stepped gingerly out of the nest, taking a seat a few pawsteps away and curling her tail neatly over her paws.

She didn’t feel the need to respond to his thanks. She’d only done what any decent cat would have done. So she merely nodded in recognition and turned to go, flashing a gentle smile briefly in his direction before she slipped away.

cloudii June 15th, 2020 10:14 AM

Re: ShadowClan Warriors' Den

Pebblefall gave Falcondive one last stroke of her tail, before smiling softly, and curling up in her own nest. She was tired, and the traps...She didn't wanna go anywhere--Croakingpaw. He went didn't he? No no no no no! He can't go... She felt tears welling up in her eyes, and she felt like a kit, so she hid her face. Nothing b-bad could've happened...right? She hoped Falcondive wasn't lying, about being okay. I really hope everyone comes back okay...and that Falcondive feels better. Pebblefall shifted around in her nest, trying not to make too much noise.
[ @BILL. @Beau ]

nocturnal June 15th, 2020 10:26 AM

"Of course," Frostpaw agreed. He wasn't sure if someone had shown Doepaw around camp yet. If the molly was here, though, then she must have already spoken with one of the high ranks, and she had found her way to the apprentices' den... Frostpaw assumed that she had already been given a tour. Either that or Doepaw was much better at finding her way around than the tom was. He had spent the entire rest of his day after joining the clan of shadows by watching various cats and where they entered because he hadn't wanted to ask for help.

At Doepaw's question about ShadowClan customs, Frostpaw paused, then answered, "No, we don't hunt first. There's a fresh-kill pile as usual. Everything is the same as it was in ThunderClan. Interestingly enough, ShadowClan cats actually sleep more than ThunderClanners. I have also found that most ShadowClanners are surprisingly friendly; the clan as a whole might be kinder than the clan of thunder in general." Frostpaw personally thought that that was ironic. The clan of shadows had alawys had a flawed impression of being evil; the cats of wind were always assumed to be weak; thunder and river were always the heroes; and yet, cats who had issues with their clan always fled to the shadows. And they were accepted there without question.

The white tom stood up and shook his fur out, then began to walk out the apprentices' den. He paused outside of the entrance, allowing his sight to adjust to the morning sunlight. "Out of curiosity, what is your favorite prey-animal?" Frostpaw asked as he continued towards the center of camp where the fresh-kill pile was. He preferred lizards. They weren't as filling as other choices, which was a good thing, Frostpaw supposed. He didn't prefer them for their taste, but rather because lizards could be eaten in a hurry. Their scales were also quite satisfying to tear apart while eating.

"We're here," Frostpaw meowed, nodding towards the prey pile.

@Arie

Arie June 15th, 2020 10:55 AM

-- @bmkmb --

Doepaw slowly followed Frostpaw out of the den, the tabby molly a bit more wary than she had been when she'd first burst through it on her arrival from Thunderclan. It was strange... seeing things in a new light. Well she wasn't seeing anything but that was the gist of it. A new day, a new perspective and new things to learn. That was how she preferred to take these days where things would not be in a stable routine for a while. It seemed all that strange to her, all these new scents that she'd been too agitated to take in the day before. It was... comforting once again. Similarly to the comfort that being curled up in her nest gave it, despite how it may sound. "Sleeping is not... exactly preferable... to being active." Or at least that was Doepaw's take on it. Despite the apprentice's blindness and the comfort sitting down brought her, well having stable ground underneath her paws was the main thing, she preferred to be out and about and doing something. Staying still for long made you complacent, something a blind cat like she could not afford to become. Letting out a small grin as Frostpaw paused she decided to take a jab at him, "Seems... i'm not the only.... one who's senses... need to adjust." She assumed it was probably something to do with his eyes, yet for her despite her open, green eyes she never had to worry about them being hurt by the sun or shining light. One of the blessings of being blind she assumed. Yet she did have to wait on her ears, so they were even. Even on the amount of time it took for them to wake up. Beginning to walk forward, mainly focusing in on Frostpaw's paw steps and voice instead of trying to sort the echos from the mass amount of sound, she listened in carefully. Her favourite prey? Doepaw didn't really consider herself someone who had a favourite when it came to eating... the tabby just ate what she could find, be it mouse, squirrel, or shrew. If she was forced to pick though, she would most likely pick the shrew and she voiced that, "Shrew I...think. It's small... and got meat on... its bones. Not too chewy.. either." Realising they were finally at the pile Doepaw nodded her head in gratitude. He didn't do the stupid, 'its right there', nor did he turn his head to speak to her. She knew the pile was directly in front of him now and bowing her head she slowly sniffed around at the pile. It was one of the few times she had to use her nose... if it was living prey she was usually able to define the prey on its footsteps and its breathing... now here, not so much. So bringing her nose close to every single of prey she was somewhat disappointed that there was no shrew but a mouse would do for now so reaching out with her teeth she carefully dragged it by its tail back to her before pointing her blind gaze towards where Frostpaw's breath could be heard. "What's... your favourite?" she asked softly and then a last question before she picked up her mouse, "And care to... tell me where... we're going to sit?" She didn't exactly just want to wander off and accidentally sit in a spot where other's preferred to sit... it would come off as disrespectful and rude and she also assumed that Frostpaw had a space where he preferred to eat on his own. It seemed the.... white... apprentice, yes that was how he'd described the colour of his fur, wasn't exactly all too social of a cat. So picking up her mouse she slowly backed away from the pile so she was once again standing next to him and flicked her ears in a silent demand.

duckie June 15th, 2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimm (Post 722929)
"Oh." Creekwind assumed that her previous mentor taught her something but she guessed not. Keeping the smile upon her russet features Creekwind nodded. "That's okay. So would you like to do hunting or battle training first?"

Frogpaw

Hmm. She didn't seem particularly perturbed by that. She would have to try harder. Frogpaw shrugged. It didn't matter much to her - she just wanted to get something done for once, "How about battle training?"

Bread June 15th, 2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loon (Post 727048)
Wychkit yawned with boredom from where he sat, snuggled up in his nest. He was gazing lazily around the den when he noticed Pinekit scanning the nursery with wide eyes. He chuckled and, with a quick glance to make sure his littermates were distracted, he wriggled out of his nest and padded over to Pinekit.

"Hello," He meowed oily, his kitten-tail sticking straight up like a flagpole. "I'm Wychkit."

[ @.Bread. ]

Pinekit turned her head and saw Wychkit. "Hi," she said, "um, nice name. I'm Pinekit." The young kit was pretty lonley, so she didn't really know what to say in conversations. "Do you want to play with me?" Pinekit asked curiously.

aloeforurburn June 15th, 2020 01:53 PM

(Venomkit is looking for a queen to show something to anyone up to it?!)
Venomkit huffed and sat down her paws still in the same spot.

pidgeon June 15th, 2020 01:56 PM

ShadowClan Joining & Rejoining

This is a thread specifically for cats who wish to join ShadowClan, or need to rejoin after being absent/missing! I'm making this just to keep the Leader's Den thread a little less messy.

Anyone may post here to join/rejoin at any time, although it is recommended you send a message to myself or @Undertaker beforehand. Your character may either be admitted/readmitted into the clan by either Icestar or Beastspark, depending on whoever is available at the time! Alternatively, you can tag whichever character you'd rather have your cat speak to, if you have a preference.

Thank you!

Storm Flower June 15th, 2020 01:57 PM

Re: ShadowClan Joining & Rejoining

Can crystal join?

Wings June 15th, 2020 02:25 PM

[ @Casper @Moon Lily ]
--Echopaw--

Hearing Icestar repeat what she had said and more was a bit of an eye opener. Now she understood that she had been wrong and she should of had more patient. Her anger had gotten the better of her but, she wouldn't admit it. This time didn't feel like the time to do that for some reason.
Looking down at her paws and away from the large leader's eyes, the young she grumbled. "Yes Icestar." She flicked her ear like she always did when annoyed and waited to let Irisflame take the lead on leaving the den.

Elementals June 15th, 2020 04:23 PM

Re: ShadowClan Apprentices' Den

@Puddle~

Mouseleap crept in the den stalking low and steady. Once she spied her apprentice, she was close enough to boop his nose she tapped his nose and sped off as fast as she could and waited for him outside.

Reptilian Cabinets June 15th, 2020 05:54 PM

Re: ShadowClan Training Ground

BlackSwift jumped back, "Good job! I think we should go back to camp, tonight is the gathering so you should go get some rest." he began padding in the direction of the camp. @Greenleap

Greenleap June 15th, 2020 06:06 PM

Re: ShadowClan Training Ground

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarriorsAndHorses (Post 728095)
BlackSwift jumped back, "Good job! I think we should go back to camp, tonight is the gathering so you should go get some rest." he began padding in the direction of the camp. @Greenleap

He stood up, nodding.

stag June 15th, 2020 06:08 PM

*Claw kit woke up and yawned, he waited for anyone to talk to him*

Undertaker June 15th, 2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arie (Post 725635)

Doepaw could not resist this time and the little molly let out a soft small laugh at his astonished exclamation. "Yes... I do 'see'... with my ears. Again...not like... I get to see... the wonderful colours... or objects... sighties always talk.. about. But.. I get an idea of where they are..." but before she could finish Beastspark was walking off and she flicked her ears slightly. She had expected him to show her around but not go off all of a sudden.
Yet when he stopped in front of the warrior's den and called back to her she flicked her ears in mild amused irritation. "One thing... If you call... back at me... your voice does not bounce off... of what you're talking about. I will.. need to know your... position. Your voice... goes back to me... not lighting what... you're talking about. So... now I know... the warrior's den is... in front of you... and where your... position is. But not if the den... is to the left or right... or directly in front... of you." It was a minor thing, but these minor things were often the hardest challenges for a blind cat. It was like telling her to 'go there' despite her lacking the ability to know where 'there' was. Some might take it her asking to be treated differently but she just all in all wanted to know where things were. It wasn't like she was going to be turning her head when she was out hunting anyway. So walking up next to Beastspark, sliding her paws slowly across the floor she patted the ground a bit, stepping on a pine needle and heard the crack. An echo soon came back to her open ears, barely audible and she nodded. "I know where it is now. Thank you."
Yet as they continued and when they arrived by the nursery Doepaw had to pin her ears... The shrill sounds was going to break a blood vessel or two if she wasn't careful and well... having bleeding ears wasn't something she particularly wanted to deal with. Bleeding ears was not in her interest, so despite the coordination she would loose, she pinned them nonetheless, the flaps lying tightly against her neck. She might be unable to hear the echos now and the sound might be muffled but it was better than having to go to the medicine den on her first day, with cause of potential sensory overload from bleeding ears. Finally leaving the den, Doepaw just kept up with Beastspark by having her head closer to the ground and following his scent.
When he paused, she finally unfolded her ears from their lying down position and was relieved that despite still being able to hear the kits squeaks it wasn't as loud as it had been before. Sitting down next to him she folded her tail over her paws as she listened intently. A gathering? Her first appearance at the actual gathering hadn't gone all too well... The sand was not nice for her paws and it made too many sounds and got into crevasses she couldn't reach. Yet her interest spiked as he started talking about training at night and she let out a small and soft laugh once again. "You sure... the other apprentices... are smart... enough for that?" She would be willing to help him out of course, but there was the matter of the intellectual level of the other apprentices. "Would they enjoy... falling over nettles... into bushes... and then getting stuck in mud? Probably." All new apprentices loved it... or so it at least was back in Thunderclan. "I can help you out... Despite not knowing the territory... too well, I've got... my advantage."
And maybe she should try to at least help him out. Moving a bit further away and then sitting down again she tapped her paw against the ground. "I see in... two ways... One by which the sounds of... others are... reflected against... objects or other... cats. A second... in which.... I tap the ground," and she did just that with the paw once again, "and the echo... comes back. It tells... me the distance. They are... both situational. Both got... their disadvantages... and both can be... disrupted by other sounds." That was the hardest challenge for her, differentiating which sounds she was listening for and which she wasn't... and being able to draw conclusions from that. "Judging distances... is the hardest thing. You might be able... to sense the tree... but if there is... a squirrel in front... of it... the squirrel... blocks the echo... so you won't know... where the... tree is... in comparison... to the squirrel." It was an easy analogy she hoped he would be able to follow.

Was she laughing at him? Had he said something funny? A hint of embarrassment has his ears flushing with heat. He brushes aside his embarrassment and more interested in the topic of her 'see' things around her. It still sounded silly to him but not as much as he had thought the first time she had spoken.

There she's again teaching him something new, Beastspark blinked while watching her walk over to him. "Doesn't bounce?" He questioned with puzzlement.

What did she mean by bounce? She probably said something about something bouncing but he might have been distracted trying to digest something else she had told him. If she could see with her eyes she'd be able to watch the tom perked his ears, wrinkle nose and tips head from one side to the other trying to understand what it was she just told him. So she knew where the den was but not if it was to the left or right? Huh? But if she knew where the den was why did she need to know what was right or left?

His puzzled eyes drop toward her small paws as she breaks some pine needles on the ground.... and suddenly she knew where the den was? Stars! Being a blind cat sounded very difficult. He'd ask on the needles later, his mind was already moving on to another topic as she slides her ears backward when they reach the nursery. Where they really that loud to her? How much stronger was her hearing compared to his? This was a question that was never going to pester him for a while. Sure, he could pick up the shrill mews of the kittens inside, but not enough that it hurt his eardrums like that.

"Well, I'll admit that some of them aren't the brightest stars in the sky, but a lot of them have great potential." He purred softly. Most of his interaction in the clan has been composed of apprentices, ShadowClan had quite a few different ones here. Some of them really got on his nerves, but a lot of them were really helpful and they'd probably appreciate some training the dark.

"Depends on the apprentice, I know I didn't mind running into stuff when I was there age. Getting a good thwak or some needles in their fur will be a part of the learning experience."
He chuckled, she must have run into a few things once or twice in her lifetime. She turned out pretty smart and knowledgeable, just what ShadowClan needed.

The gray tom takes a seat on the ground, using his bushy tail sweep away some of the pine needles below him so they didn't poke him. Irisflame would have a laugh if he came to her because he couldn't get a needle out of his bottom. As she tried to teach him, Beastspark did his best to envision the echos she was talking about. It was difficult probably because he's never thought too hard about it and he had working eyes.

"So is it something like a pond? Drop a stone in it and the water ripples, stick a paw in it and the ripples get mess up?" He asked that was the only thing he could come close to when trying to comprehend what she was telling him. It really wasn't that difficult he was just a little slow. "Can sounds bounce off of sounds? Or do they just merge and disappear?" He was always brimming with curiosity. This talk was rather enlightening even if it was hard to follow most of what she was telling him.

icepuddle June 15th, 2020 06:53 PM

RavenKit(open)

raven kit yawned and sat up shaking the dirt off his fur the kits eyes slowly move to look around before he looked up "so many other kits are here..." he quietly said he was not a loud speaker so this was normal range for him. he clawed the ground with his small little claws the just scuffed up some dirt.

chaton June 15th, 2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHead (Post 720728)

Freezepaw was about done, the diluted feline stepping back to admire her work that she had put into making all the nests nice and soft and organized. She had to admit to herself it looked good. Though as Birchflower spoke, Freezepaw flicked her ears, remaining faced away from the elder she-cat. Warriors? Of course! Why hadn't she thought of that herself? Probably because she didn't like to try when it came to social interaction. And an apprentice talking to warriors? Especially warriors who took no crap from annoying cats? That would probably take quite a few failed social interactions to get in with them. And a lot of observation to figure out which ones were like her and which ones were still.... like apprentices themselves. Warriors like that always annoyed Freezepaw, she would hope that they at least got some sense knocked into them upon becoming a warrior but noooo, they wanted to continue to act like little entitled brats or annoying dumb idiots. Those were the two kinds of annoying cats that Freezepaw had separated most of her denmates into at least. "Problem is, most warriors are going to treat me like a kit because I still have an apprentice name." She meowed, turning back around to face Birchflower. She wasn't concerned about the size issue at all, Freezepaw was quite a large cat, having already outgrown most of her littermates. Of course Scorchpaw was still larger than her, but she believed that he was the only apprentice who was.
Though, as Birchflower offered to introduce her to some of the less obnoxious warriors, Freezepaw actually stopped to consider it, her head tilting in thought. Would that be nice? Birchflower seemed reasonable and chill enough.... that was a good lead-on to believing she actually knew some less-obnoxious Shadowclan cats. "Fine. I'll take it. But one annoying word from their mouths or a mention about how I'm an apprentice, and I'm right back to being a lonely little snowflake." She meowed, her tone a bit mocking at the end, but her words did hold seriousness as she stared Birchflower down with her golden gaze.

Birchflower's gaze towards Freezepaw morphed from a questioning gaze to one of hope. Not all was lost on the apprentice at the very least. For some reason, Birchflower felt particularly compelled to help out this cat. She was never too fond of the apprentices that came in, often disturbing her sleep. But she could relate to Freezepaw, and quite enjoyed her company despite the attitude. Maybe they were more alike than she initially assumed.
"Yeah, alright. I know a few who don't seem to be idiots, but of course, we can only have the best for you." Birchflower laughed softly. She still felt like cracking a couple of sarcastic jokes, even in this situation. There was more to be said, though. "If you don't mind waiting here, I'll go get one of them. You can sit outside too if you want. It certainly doesn't smell good in here." With another raspy laugh, the elder got onto her paws and slowly made her way out of the den.
Who could she find? There had to be someone around that was willing to cooperate, right? Freezepaw needed this, she could tell. But the other cat would have to be willing to deal with the apprentice. Birchflower continued pondering these thoughts as she made her way towards the warrior's den, which was sure to have at least one cat she was looking for inside.

Puddle~ June 15th, 2020 07:38 PM

@Elementals

At the slight feeling of a tiny boop, Ribbitpaw twitched his nose and stirred slightly, poking his head up to see what had given him the boop. It was early in the morning, just before dawn judging by the light outside the den. And when he scanned the den, all he found were the sleeping forms of fellow apprentices. Nobody seemed to be awake. So who was it? Oh well. He was honestly too sleepy to really care. It was probably just one of the other apprentices trying to bug him, which annoyed him, of course, but he could always deal with that later, once he'd properly woken himself up. And so, he simply laid his head back down and dozed back off, completely oblivious to the fact that it was his mentor who had delivered the boop and was now standing outside the den, waiting to start some training.

pidgeon June 15th, 2020 07:51 PM

@Moon Lily @Wings @Rainquail @Beau

Icestar had been out on patrol, but had heard the commotion upon re-entering the camp. There was blood in the clearing, leading to the elder's den. Of course these things always had to happen while she was out of camp. As she dashed to the den, the scent just got stronger and stronger. Then she saw the kits, being carefully tended to.

She looked at all who remained in the den, her eyes burning with rage.
"I want a full report from everyone in this den." Her voice was loud and serious. There was no predator scent, no other-clan scent. One of her cats had done this. And as soon as they gave her a name, she'd be after the murderer in an instant.

Abyssopelagic June 15th, 2020 08:06 PM

"Foxbite did this." Stormfly snarled, mostly from the pain and the want to rip the cats' mangy hide. "I don't know what happened before, but I heard the screaming and came running. I attacked him. Stagpaw came in right behind me to keep the kits safe, but Dawnstripe chased him out."
She wasn't sure why she was mentioning the apprentice in a positive note, but Jaypaw had just stood there while Stagpaw had put themself between Foxbite and the kits and ran to get Irisflame, so credit was due.
She shifted to hide her twisted leg and belly from the leader.

@Casper

nocturnal June 15th, 2020 09:56 PM

Frostpaw watched curiously as Doepaw picked out her prey. The molly seemed to be scenting all the different prey-animals. It made sense, the other apprentice supposed; it was a requirement for them to be able to name all the different forest creatures by scent. He could probably do it, too... although not wanting to bang his nose into the fresh-kill pile might deter him from trying to do so. Frostpaw doubted that he would have the patience to practice estimating distance by scent. Luckily for him, he didn't need to.

The apprentice looked over the fresh-kill pile and picked up a surprisingly small snake. It must've still been young to be so small and dropped into the prey pile. Regardless of clan, most cats didn't try hunting for snakes. They were dangerous, even to larger felines, and they always consisted of too much bone and too little meat to be worth it. This snake in particular dangled from his maw and didn't even touch the ground. And he was holding it by the neck, if that was even the proper word for it.

"I prefer lizards," Frostpaw replied to Doepaw's question through the snake in his maw. Lizards were one of the more common shadow-exclusive prey-animals. They came in multiple colors, weren't furry, and didn't fight back. They were also slightly chewy and their scales were a bit difficult to get through, but all in all, lizards were very nice prey. Not the most filling, not the tastiest, but common and small enough to finish quickly. Of course Frostpaw would be the type of cat to base his favorite prey-animal on practicality rather than personal opinion.

Flicking his tail slightly, the apprentice walked over to the edge of the clearing and dropped his snake beside a stray rock before replying, "I tend to eat here near the edge of the clearing, although most cats simply sit around the fresh-kill pile. As far as I know, no cats have an obvious preference as to where they eat their prey." In fact, Frostpaw assumed that most shadow cats enjoyed sitting in a different area each day. They weren't very strict about the placing of things.

Sitting down, Frostpaw glanced at Doepaw for a second before ripping out a chunk of snake. He mentally grimaced slightly at the dryness of the reptile's skin, then swallowed the rest of the bite. For his first time trying out the slithery reptile, he decided that snakes were impressively overre. The skin was oddly flaky and the meat was too dry. At least it was a small one. He would be able to finish it quickly.

@Arie

aloeforurburn June 15th, 2020 10:23 PM

Re: ShadowClan Highbranch

Venomkit peeked her head out of the nursery. She pondered when she would become an apprentice, and when there would be a ceremony.

Mayflower June 15th, 2020 10:26 PM

Magnoliapetal lounged in the clearing, pale calico tail swishing in the moon's light.
She needed to fix this.
Not only was she still a warrior, she had murdered.She bore the very pale pink of her fluffy paws and the pale, clean scar above her spring green eyes to remind her of that. She had fallen prey to the pulse of the battle, mercilessly ending that weak little molly's life with an easy spill of crimson. No, she did not mind being swept up into the battle. The kill was nothing but enjoyable, and the dilute calico quite enjoyed cleaning the blood off of her beautiful fur afterwards. The pink tint to the fur around her paws remained rather stubbornly, but she didn't mind. It was a reminder of her fun.
No, she had enjoyed the battle. But she couldn't have it taint her image.
Honeythistle had raised her to be beautiful, submissive, and nothing more than the future queen. He had lectured her, pampered her, and threatened her mentor not to teach her anything too advanced. Mollies were meant to stay in the nursery, after all. her half-brothers were the real warriors. Yet still, Larkshadow trained her to be deadly, a stone-cold warrior hidden behind the sweet exterior of her father's darling princess. As an apprentice, she soaked up the defiance to her father. carved it. But now, it was nothing but shameful. The clan knew she had murdered that molly ruthlessly, and Magnoliapetal was going to make them forget. She would no longer be the fearsome, savage killer that had chased down a fleeing cat, but a docile, polite queen with doe eyes and a mate to protect her.
She'd have to speak to her oh so dear cousin Icestar about becoming a forever queen soon, but what was the use of a queen without her kits. Which brought her to the sound of pawsteps in the night. Precisely who she needed to begin her charade.
The dilute calico molly turned her eyes from the moon and swept them to Aldertrail, placing a soft smile and an expression of slight concern on her face. She needed kits to be the Queen her father raised her to be, and there seemed no better candidate to form her little facade than her mate. She had accepted him as a cover, a large, older tom that seemed like he could protect her. She didn't love him and the calico soundly knew that he didn't love her, but she was not fazed. Feelings were optional. Appearances were not. Aldertrail seemed to want to appease his family with a mate and kits, and Magnoliapetal was perfectly willing to play into his charade. As long as he played into hers. Whether he was aware or not was of no concern.
The pawsteps drew nearer. Magnoliapetal patted the ground beside her with her tail, feigning happiness at his appearance.
"Aldertrail, darling, what brought you out? It's terribly late."
@Sparkling Flower

Arie June 15th, 2020 11:23 PM

-- @Casper --

Weaselskip let out a sigh. The molly was not exactly in a pleasant mood but nevertheless she sat down in front of the Shadowclan leader, tail folded around her paws. She had to be careful with her words, had to be sure, straight and precise, despite the lack of intellectual power. Well she was smart, just not... the smartest. "I seek to join Shadowclan," she voiced steadily, determination shining in her green eyes. "Windclan turned out to not be the perfect place one might wish when they are born there. Through talks with Shadowclan cats at gatherings... your drive and the iron grip you rule your clan with has inspired me. I seek to live under this rule. To join the strong, and with that become part of the strong. My skills in certain areas might lack, but with training I assume they can improve. Life is harsh, for everyone but fighting for what you believe is right... is an admirable trait." Her eyes glinted once again, "So yes, I seek to join Shadowclan. If you're willing to accept me that is."

Mountainmist sat in front of the Shadowclan leader, the large black and grey molly close to rivalling the Shadowclan cat in sheer size. Contrary to Icestar though, the Windclan molly... well former Windclan molly now,'s was more fur than actual musclemass. She wasn't going to try to pack everything in nicely, that was not how the pregnant she-cat worked. She was putting her kits at risk yes, but she could not be seen as some cat begging for refuge cause she disliked her own home. "Thank you for being willing to talk to me. However, no need to pack it sweetly. I seek to join Shadowclan to raise my kits in a proper home, where they will be brought up to be proud of their heritage and not remember what weak clan they originally were from." That was it. No more. No less.

pidgeon June 15th, 2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arie (Post 728449)
-- @Casper --

Weaselskip flicked her tail as the grey feline made her way across the last bit of the moorland, the last bit she would thread on unless it was for a battle. She was fine with it, surprisingly. She was glad to be rid of Windclan despite the family and friends she had in there... She was glad to be joining the shadows. Did help her Moonbird was going to get her ass to Shadowclan as soon as she could anyway. So trekking her way through the territory, and then being escorted to Icestar's den, Weaselskip held her head high. She was no weak feline who would bow at the first sign of dominance from another cat. She was stronger than what her lanky body might give her credit for and walking gracefully across the ground, the Windclan cat sat herself down as she stared at the Shadowclan leader with clear green eyes, a determined look in them. "Ain't a nice day for someone like you?" she commented before getting to the point. If Moonbird was here, Weaselskip was sure to have been slapped across the head for lack of intellectual power. "Cutting the chase, I'm here to join Shadowclan as soon as you are able to let me in. I don't exactly care about anything extra, if you're going to refuse me, do it but please don't scar my heart all too much, it's already marred by someone else who... is less pleasant to look at than you." With that she flicked her tail lazily gaze landing on the black furred leader. "Get on with it, I can leave now and you'll loose a valuable warrior, or let me join and you gain a warrior... Seems an easy choice to me, however if my tongue seems to be a bother feel free to cut it off, I just know someone might miss it when it comes to their messy fur and grooming it."

-

Mountainmist sat in front of the Shadowclan leader, the large black and grey molly close to rivalling the Shadowclan cat in sheer size. Contrary to Icestar though, the Windclan molly... well former Windclan molly now,'s was more fur than actual musclemass. She wasn't going to try to pack everything in nicely, that was not how the pregnant she-cat worked. She was putting her kits at risk yes, but she could not be seen as some cat begging for refuge cause she disliked her own home. "Thank you for being willing to talk to me. However, no need to pack it sweetly. I seek to join Shadowclan to raise my kits in a proper home, where they will be brought up to be proud of their heritage and not remember what weak clan they originally were from." That was it. No more. No less.

Icestar's hardened gaze glared daggers at the arrogant creature as she waltzed into her den like she owned the place. This was only cute when Daintybird did it. With this stranger who reeked of the moor, it was quite unpleasant.

"Do you know which clan you're in?" Icestar snarled, lips curling back to reveal her fangs. "This isn't ThunderClan where you can lounge about and laze in the sun all day and back-talk your leaders. In my clan, we respect our leaders. You come to my den, a complete stranger, and introduce yourself like this? No wonder WindClan doesn't want you. Get out of my territory. Maybe you'll have better luck with Duskstar."

Unbelievable. The nerve of some cats, acting like they were owed the world just for existing.

---------------

Icestar's ear flicked as she smelled yet another WindClan cat. Great, there's more? Did something else happen on the moor? But this time, she could scent that this was a queen. She had a far better attitude than the last one, and the leader always favored queens and kits looking to join. They were so often harmless, and provided a lot for the clan's future.

"Very well," she nodded with a flick of her matted tail. "I'll allow you to join our ranks. I assure you that our nursery, and the rest of our camp for that matter, is far sturdier than whatever you've been staying in. You and your kits will be protected here."

Sweetie June 15th, 2020 11:52 PM

(Foxy kinda sees him as a son. Plus he isn't all that heartless)

Foxwhisperer raised an invisible eyebrow at his apprentice, he thinks that he is basically a warrior? Ha! "Hey, don't flatter yourself there kid. You are an apprentice who is learning how to become a warrior. Secondly, there are some things that can stop you such as rules and being-" Poking his paw in Magpiepaw's direction. "-sick."
Sighing the tom released his apprentice from his grasp, only to find the younger cat to call himself a disappointment. Where was this coming from? Oh, beep! Was he suppose to be hard on Magpiepaw or soft? Obviously the apprentice didn't want to be a disappointment to Foxwhisperer and so far he was not. "No, you are not a disappointment until you quit but you have not. So now you aren't a disappointment."

@Fallen One

lucidense June 15th, 2020 11:58 PM

Small paw padded into the clearing, her eye stinging as she blinked. She had neglected getting her slash fixed up, so it was likely going to scar. The tiny She'Cat would look helpless in the clearing.

But she refused to keep that as her image for long.

(You can bully her now XD) @Lynxpaw @Mentallyunstable

Fawn June 15th, 2020 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casper (Post 726227)
@Dipper

Icestar was out in the clearing, looking for a particular she-cat whom she'd been too busy to speak with as of late. As she had finally found a free moment, she found herself thinking she ought to invite her out or something. Something that didn't involve all the dull scenery of the camp. She was dying to get out of that stuffy den.

It didn't take long to spot her, as she did stand out in a crowd. Or perhaps she just particularly stood out to Icestar.
"Daintybird," she said as she approached, dipping her head in greeting. "Will you join me for a walk?" She figured she'd get right to the point. She didn't see the need to put useless flourish into her words--although she did find it oddly charming when this particular queen did it.

Daintybird's sympathy theater tended to work better in the clearing as she would occasionally let out a deep sigh suspiciously close to one of her clanmates or comment melodramatically on a kit's parent, "At least you still have one." But milking the clan for empathy was becoming dry.

She'd need a hook, something new.

Thoughts interrupted by Icestar's approach, Daintybird was fast to fluff herself -- little touchups to ensure her appearance was so very prim and proper, had to be looking top -- and she straightened to her full height. Not too different there than when she was laying in her sunny spot, but it was the best she had to offer in that department.

Eyes aglow, it was a sweetly-purred, "Icestar." ...Oh, right. That kit. There was the matter of the kit. "Of course, I would be honored. You are a light in these dark days of disgraceful outsiders tainting the sacredness of our ranks and... more personal letdowns and heartbreaks. To walk with you is another chance at happines -- oh, it's been so long."

Sweetie June 16th, 2020 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainquail (Post 723338)

Whiskernose shuffled next to Stormlily and sat beside her. "So Echopaw became Medicine Cat Apprentice. Gotta say I'm proud of her. It's very honorable work." He began awkwardly and gave her a moment to respond.
"How has training your apprentice been?" His tail patted the ground.

Hearing her only kits name the molly brightened. Her daughter was all the clan could talk about!" I am so very proud of her as well! Oh my precious Echopaw is my pride and joy." Stormlily was grinning by now at the thought of her daughter. The glowing ember in her vast darkness.
"Nightpaw is making me proud as well. Hunting is going great but fighting isn't her strong suit." Shrugging the brown and grey warrior was proud of both Echopaw and Nightpaw.

Sweetie June 16th, 2020 01:40 AM

Shrugging Duskpaw brought the mouse closer to her. "I would prefer minion.'' She said between bites. Once finished and licking the last remains of her meal the small calico grinned back at her mentor. So far their training was pretty good except for the small part where she got splinters. "Okay! Lead the way Master!" Giggling at her new nickname for Sheeplight.

@x ghostie

Moon Lily June 16th, 2020 05:27 AM

[ @Wings @Casper ]

Irisflame could see Echopaw come slowly to her senses, although she saw stubbornness in her small face. This was a trait of the silvery she that she found...difficult to work with. At least she'd decided to stay silent, which was always a good thing. The older medicine cat exchanged a place with Icestar, her blue gaze flashing with appreciation. She didn't need to say how grateful she was that she had enough sense to refuse Echopaw's offer. "Thank you for your time." She murmured, dipping her head respectfully to the leader. She fixed her apprentice with a stern gaze, then herded her out of the den. There was work to be done.

[END]

Moon Lily June 16th, 2020 05:29 AM

Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

[ @Pluto - it's your turn! :heartbounce:]

Arie June 16th, 2020 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 728117)
Was she laughing at him? Had he said something funny? A hint of embarrassment has his ears flushing with heat. He brushes aside his embarrassment and more interested in the topic of her 'see' things around her. It still sounded silly to him but not as much as he had thought the first time she had spoken.

There she's again teaching him something new, Beastspark blinked while watching her walk over to him. "Doesn't bounce?" He questioned with puzzlement.

What did she mean by bounce? She probably said something about something bouncing but he might have been distracted trying to digest something else she had told him. If she could see with her eyes she'd be able to watch the tom perked his ears, wrinkle nose and tips head from one side to the other trying to understand what it was she just told him. So she knew where the den was but not if it was to the left or right? Huh? But if she knew where the den was why did she need to know what was right or left?

His puzzled eyes drop toward her small paws as she breaks some pine needles on the ground.... and suddenly she knew where the den was? Stars! Being a blind cat sounded very difficult. He'd ask on the needles later, his mind was already moving on to another topic as she slides her ears backward when they reach the nursery. Where they really that loud to her? How much stronger was her hearing compared to his? This was a question that was never going to pester him for a while. Sure, he could pick up the shrill mews of the kittens inside, but not enough that it hurt his eardrums like that.

"Well, I'll admit that some of them aren't the brightest stars in the sky, but a lot of them have great potential." He purred softly. Most of his interaction in the clan has been composed of apprentices, ShadowClan had quite a few different ones here. Some of them really got on his nerves, but a lot of them were really helpful and they'd probably appreciate some training the dark.

"Depends on the apprentice, I know I didn't mind running into stuff when I was there age. Getting a good thwak or some needles in their fur will be a part of the learning experience."
He chuckled, she must have run into a few things once or twice in her lifetime. She turned out pretty smart and knowledgeable, just what ShadowClan needed.

The gray tom takes a seat on the ground, using his bushy tail sweep away some of the pine needles below him so they didn't poke him. Irisflame would have a laugh if he came to her because he couldn't get a needle out of his bottom. As she tried to teach him, Beastspark did his best to envision the echos she was talking about. It was difficult probably because he's never thought too hard about it and he had working eyes.

"So is it something like a pond? Drop a stone in it and the water ripples, stick a paw in it and the ripples get mess up?" He asked that was the only thing he could come close to when trying to comprehend what she was telling him. It really wasn't that difficult he was just a little slow. "Can sounds bounce off of sounds? Or do they just merge and disappear?" He was always brimming with curiosity. This talk was rather enlightening even if it was hard to follow most of what she was telling him.

When he started talking about ripples, it was Doepaw's turn to end up confused. Ripples? Was it something sighties saw in water? She knew of the sound waves which was the echos she heard whenever she was just... trying to see more or less. "Ripples?" she voiced, her face screwed up in confusion. She knew of water and the ripples but... the connection didn't make sense to her. It seemed a strange phenomenon but she assumed that would be a technical language barrier. They used different analogies to describe the same scenario because they were only used to describing a scenario from their own point of view. It was... strange. Yet so was everything when it came to a blind cat, Doepaw was quite aware of that already. Flicking her ears back and forth she considered his question.
It was a complex one... that if she and he spoke at the same time would the sound merge and disappear? Her eyes were draw together and nose scrunched up trying to think about it. "Sounds... don't.. disappear. There's always.. sounds... it never stops. It is just... different channels. I can.. decide to... listen into... what you're... saying... or focus... on the sounds... around me. They reach me... automatically... but I can... tune into them... and get a better... idea of where... I am... or I can... focus on your... voice and pick... up every word." It was very similar to selective hearing, and some might describe it as that, but it wasn't to Doepaw. It was just... how she saw the world. This was how she operated.
"However.. many sounds can make... it harder... for a specific... sound to reach.. your ears. Some sounds... like the echoes.. are more subdued. Require greater.. focus to find." It was why she so very often struggled with finding her way around in camp. She would be drowned by the voices of spoken word, and thereby most often struggle with tapping away from the channels in her head. It required focus both of them. Ears flicking back and forth she tried to angle them away from where a high pitched squeak came from.
They were quite far away from the nursery but her ears were still more sensitive... especially in a newer environment, and maybe before they spoke all too loudly she should voice it. "Sensitive ears... aren't exactly... a blessing. It was... how I adapted... to life without... sight yes... but it's... not without... it's issues. My ears... being sensitive can sometimes... bleed from.. too high pitched.... sounds. A blood vessel... bursts. Usually... ruins my other... senses." It was hard... when it came to blood. To some cats it might end up blinding them if it was a wound placed around their ears, however for Doe, it ruined her sense of smell completely and she was forced to rely on her sense of touch and one functional ear. She preferred not for that to happen and it had only happen a few times throughout her life but it was because she had become extremely aware of it. "Blood is a strong... smell and... it usually drowns out... my scent of.. smell and my hearing... depending on the... ear. That was... in part why... I sometimes close... my ears.. Despite it... maybe weakning me... it is preferable... over having to get... my ears... checked." Life wasn't all that easy... but Doepaw had gotten quite used to it and with that all said, the tabby molly made her way back to Beastspark slowly clearing a spot for herself using her paws to clear out the pine needles below her paws. Settling down she flicked her ears once again,
"I know some cats... who rely on their... sense of touch... for everything. Each of us... have our own... way of coping with... our lack of sight... or lack of sense for... that very thing." One thing though, that Doepaw was quite happy for was that she wasn't deaf. Her littermate, Dovekit had been deaf... and it had been the detriment of her, and also the death of her sister... "I'm happy... I can hear.. makes life... easier despite... every struggle." That was the truth, the essence of it. Yet she was tired of not exactly talking but more or less... explaining everything. She wanted a small break and therefore directed her blind gaze onto Beastspark. "How is it... to see though? I was... born blind... so I have no... idea what... is often being... described." It was an interesting change to the conversation... she knew what it was like to see as a blind cat... it was sure to be different for the deputy who was a normal sighted cat who must rely on his sight for well... mundane tasks. It was fascinating to Doepaw, despite the fact that she in truth was scared of what it would be like to see. After... a bad time in a dream, she even dream with her eyes closed so she wouldn't be able to see. But hearing it in words might make it easier for her and so she took in a deep breath and made herself comfortable waiting for Beastspark to continue.

--

@bmkmb

Despite Frostpaw's muffled words, Doepaw was able to hear the tom's voice good enough to decipher what he was saying. Lizards. She'd forgotten that it was something they ate in Shadowclan. She didn't know how to feel about it but you would get used to the taste she assumed? It was... going to be one of the stranger things with adapting to Shadowclan was her guess. Following him, her ears perked for the slightest echo that would warn her she was walking into something, she settled down next to where he'd thrown his prey, the thump of... the snake? Or lizard. It was some of either by the way it sounded as she heard it hit the ground. Listening intently to his words, ears flickering trying to remember every last bit of it. It was nice to get advice from someone who'd been forced to get through similar changes, and knew where she came from as well and the traditions that was connected with it. That also meant Frostpaw would most likely know the hardest thing that came off being an apprentice in Thunderclan versus being one in Shadowclan. It was something she would have to poke from his brain at some point later. Information and adding onto her spine was what would keep her going here in Shadowclan and that was the truth. Listening to his words and focusing in, she added a mental note... That it was strange or.. not usual to be sitting at the edge of the clearing. Well was usual about a blind cat sitting with another former thunderclan cat in the first place? Doepaw didn't know and placing down the mouse before settling down herself, she let the small smile on her face. Her tail twitched a bit as she felt the pine needles poke it and she flicked them away in annoyance. It was minor things, but minor things were truly an annoyance to blind cats in particular. "How's ... hunting been.... in the pines? Compared... to among the oaks... and thick undergrowth... in Thunderclan?" That was something she had noticed during her sporadic run across the territory, the fact that there was brambles but... not much thick undergrowth in the shape of ferns and bushes. It was... rather nice for a blind cat at least and it reminded her of how her trek had gone... and with it came memories she didn't exactly want to deal with. Shaking her head to clear it she took a bite of the mouse, chewing half of it down with one bite. Other cats preferred large prey... but a mouse was all she needed. Shaking out her fur she waited for Frostpaw's answer and decided to at least soak up some sun for now. Despite it being the clan of shadows, there was plenty of warmth from the sun to go around.

Tigerstorm0926 June 16th, 2020 09:15 AM

Viperkit yawned and stood up, looking for other kits to play with him.

nocturnal June 16th, 2020 11:41 AM

He always ate near the edge of the clearing and always stood watch beside the apprentices' den. While it wasn't the most normal thing to do - it probably drew the attention of newcomers - few cats bothered him about it. The positioning allowed Frostpaw to see everything that was happening in the clearing. It was like a vantage point, he supposed. There were no rocks to lounge on in the clan of shadows, so the white tom simply watched his clan from the corners instead. The apprentice wasn't a social cat; he didn't mingle with others and share tongues at the fresh-kill pile. He was an observer and the edges were the best place to observe from. They were also far from the nursery, which was a plus. The tom knew nothing about how to act around younger cats.

Did it seem suspicious for two former thundercats to be sitting together near the edge of camp? Hopefully it didn't seem like they were plotting against the shadows, however unlikely and amusing the thought might be. The two of them were only apprentices. Older apprentices, close to becoming warriors, sure, but still apprentices nonetheless. And Frostpaw thought himself completely loyal to the shadow's cause, if his participation in most important events didn't make that obvious enough. He would injure Lionpaw if necessary during a battle between them. Nothing life-threatening, he still cared about the golden tom somewhere very deep down in his mostly frozen heart, but he wouldn't hold back. Knowing the thundercat, Lionpaw would just run around in circles rather than attacking him back, but Frostpaw wouldn't complain if the other tom ran too fast for the shadowcat to hit him.

"Better," Frostpaw meowed as he scratched apart the rest of his breakfast. "Not as much undergrowth, easier to spot prey. Less bushes to catch your fur on. The trees are harder to hide in; the pines are too prickly to get too deep into the center. Most of the hunting is done near the marsh, but the forest is still plentiful. Shrews are common, as are lizards, snakes, frogs, toads, and birds. Not as many mice, but they're still there. It rains often, probably because of our positioning to the river. There's a big one at the edge of the territory, close to the Waterbarn." Did Doepaw know of the Waterbarn? Frostpaw knew that he hadn't until his mentor took him on a tour around the territory.

"Do you know how to swim?" Frostpaw asked slightly suddenly. Swimming and climbing trees were the two extra skills that an apprentice could learn, although the white tom was fairly sure that only RiverClan had swimming as an actual requirement. The apprentice himself only knew how to swim because Raven had chucked him into a river in the middle of leafbare without knowing that he didn't already know how to swim. They had been trying to go fishing. It had turned out that neither he nor Lionpaw were skilled in the arts of RiverClan. Frostpaw preferred the stealth and silence of shadows, Lionpaw was swift like the wind, despite joining the clan of thunder. Raven had had the blood of the skies and the ability to quickly adjust like the water in a river.

@Arie