Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Outskirts (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Croaking Swamp (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52831)

MockingRabbit August 26th, 2022 03:09 PM

Re: Croaking Swamp

Cloversun pulled the paw out of the marsh with a sickening, slurping sound, and shook it. She wondered why she bothered, she would be covered in mud by the time they had finished their hunting patrol. She was in a particularly smelly part of the swamp. It clogged her nose so that she could not scent any prey. StarClan, that croaking was getting on her nerves. She looked around to see if Darkray was anywhere near. @Blossomflight_:D

sock August 26th, 2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbiteye (Post 1248243)
Cloversun pulled the paw out of the marsh with a sickening, slurping sound, and shook it. She wondered why she bothered, she would be covered in mud by the time they had finished their hunting patrol. She was in a particularly smelly part of the swamp. It clogged her nose so that she could not scent any prey. StarClan, that croaking was getting on her nerves. She looked around to see if Darkray was anywhere near. @Blossomflight_:D

Darkray padded sloshily over to Cloversun. "Disgusting, this place, isn't it?" He groaned.

MockingRabbit August 26th, 2022 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blossomflight_:D (Post 1248246)
Darkray padded sloshily over to Cloversun. "Disgusting, this place, isn't it?" He groaned.

"Very," Cloversun agreed. "Can we find that toad? I swear I'll be going to StarClan a lot sooner if I have to endure that racket much longer."

sock August 26th, 2022 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbiteye (Post 1248249)
"Very," Cloversun agreed. "Can we find that toad? I swear I'll be going to StarClan a lot sooner if I have to endure that racket much longer."

Darkray laughed. Something he didn't do often. "I'll find it." He promised. Dropping into a hunting crouch, he parted his jaws a bit. There you are. The black tom shook his behind, ready for the pounce. "Got it!" He grunted, picking the large toad off the wet ground.

MockingRabbit August 26th, 2022 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blossomflight_:D (Post 1248253)
Darkray laughed. Something he didn't do often. "I'll find it." He promised. Dropping into a hunting crouch, he parted his jaws a bit. There you are. The black tom shook his behind, ready for the pounce. "Got it!" He grunted, picking the large toad off the wet ground.

"Nice catch!" Cloversun mewed.

sock August 26th, 2022 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbiteye (Post 1248267)
"Nice catch!" Cloversun mewed.

Darkray nodded.

MockingRabbit August 27th, 2022 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blossomflight_:D (Post 1248312)
Darkray nodded.

With the noises somewhat quieter now, Cloversun could prick her ears and listen for the signs of prey. There were mostly frogs and toads around, neither of which she found very tasty, but after a few moments of listening, she could make out the sound of a bird pecking around on a stump. She began crawling her way over. She flicked her tail for Darkray to go round the other side. That path looked particularly moist, and she had no wish to walk it.

sock August 27th, 2022 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbiteye (Post 1248415)
With the noises somewhat quieter now, Cloversun could prick her ears and listen for the signs of prey. There were mostly frogs and toads around, neither of which she found very tasty, but after a few moments of listening, she could make out the sound of a bird pecking around on a stump. She began crawling her way over. She flicked her tail for Darkray to go round the other side. That path looked particularly moist, and she had no wish to walk it.

Darkray flicked his tail, heading around the path that Cloversun pointed to.

MockingRabbit August 28th, 2022 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blossomflight_:D (Post 1248446)
Darkray flicked his tail, heading around the path that Cloversun pointed to.

Cloversun leaped at the bird. It surged up, but she batted it down with a for-paw, knocking it towards Darkray.

sock August 31st, 2022 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbiteye (Post 1249091)
Cloversun leaped at the bird. It surged up, but she batted it down with a for-paw, knocking it towards Darkray.

Darkray threw all his weight into the bird, pinning it to the ground. With a swift bite, it was dead.