Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   ThunderClan (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   ThunderClan Leader's Den (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64406)

taillow January 11th, 2024 04:37 PM

Re: ThunderClan Leader's Den

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...2e4d78b3df10d&
Redhawk
She/they | 29 moons | Ultimate Predator • The Collector • Kitty Softpaws [inactive]
It was night, and soon the sun would be rising, but none of that registered to Redhawk as the warrior stumbled out of the den and towards the fallen tree where Bumblestar slept. Tears kept falling and her breath was coming in ragged. Small hiccups left her as she finally made it to her leader's den. "B-B-Bumblestar?" she called in a strained voice, wincing at the fact that she was likely waking the leader up. But - stars above. Her heart was beating fast and her paws felt tingly and she... she didn't know who else to go to. Plus, her sister had wanted Bumble to be aware of her fate. This had to be done.

Stumbling through the den on shaky paws, Redhawk paused for a moment once inside to collect herself. Her eyes were watery and the tears continued to spill from her eyes and onto the floor of the den. "SSS-Sorry, I..." Hiccup. She had to catch her breath and steady herself, what with her uneven breathing and ruffled fur. Finally she lifted her misted gaze towards her leader, praying to the stars that she wouldn't be too mad for the intrusion.

"I-I-It's my sss-sister. Gentledoe. SSS-She... ss-she... she came t-to me just n-now, in a d-dream." A couple more hiccups. Shaking shoulders. More tears. "...She's dead." There was more to the story, because Red wouldn't be able to just sit here while knowing where her sister's body was. No, she needed to bring her home, give her a proper burial under the willow. "SSS-She wanted me t-t-to... t-tell you..." Squeezing her eyes shut, Red tried her best to reign in the grief she felt. It was monumental; the hope cracking and breaking and practically drowning her.

[ @dino. ANGST TIME ]

ChaosBringer. January 13th, 2024 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dino. (Post 1531221)
Bumblestar wasn't the best at lipreading, but she got a pretty basic idea of what he said, and based on the way he backed up after, it was probably something not good for him.

She reached out to nudge him with a paw, light enough so that he wouldn't fall over. "Reb-what? That the start of a name? A place? Or has some cat decided to start something real stupid?"

Mushroompaw(37/100)

Mushroompaw arched his back and puffed out his fir to make himself look bigger, but to no avail. The small apprentice looked like a little puff ball. He stomped a paw on the ground lightly when Bumblestar nudged him, his little blue eyes full of fear. 'Oh no.. Oh no! Dad is gonna be mad! No, no, no-' Mushroompaw thought his eyes drifting away slightly.

BEAR. January 15th, 2024 07:15 AM

He was.. exhausted.

Wolfpaw crept into the den after Bumba, and as she settled into the nest he joined her. A bundle of fluff that nearly collapsed against her, a low purr rumbling in his throat as he started the process of grooming blood from Bumba's fur. Mostly, he was just glad they were OK - despite the fish effort to kill them.

[ @dino. ]

dino. January 16th, 2024 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starii (Post 1533475)
@dino.
Leafpaw timidly enters the den, her heart pounding with anxiety. "H-hi, Bumblestar," she stammers, her paws shuffling nervously.

A wave of self-doubt washes over her as she continues, "Um, my mentor, Wolfshadow, hasn't been involved in my training. I haven't even had the chance to explore our territory!" The weight of frustration and confusion colors her voice. Tears begin to well up in her eyes, betraying the emotional turmoil within her.

In a vulnerable moment, she looks up at Bumblestar, her leader, seeking guidance. The den, once a haven, now feels like a stark reminder of her isolation within the clan. Everyday her, denmates excitedly share tales of their training experiences, emphasizing Leafpaw's sense of inadequacy. She can't help but cast a disappointed glance at her own paws, resentful of the unexpected surge of emotions that threaten to reveal her vulnerability.

Bumblestar glanced up as Forestpaw entered, and irritation flickered across her expression. Not at the apprentice but at the warrior she'd assigned her to. A little at the crying, too, she could never handle that. "I'll get you reassigned. In the meantime, you can go to other warriors to get started."

dino. January 16th, 2024 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallulah (Post 1533707)
Redhawk
She/they | 29 moons | Ultimate Predator • The Collector • Kitty Softpaws [inactive]
It was night, and soon the sun would be rising, but none of that registered to Redhawk as the warrior stumbled out of the den and towards the fallen tree where Bumblestar slept. Tears kept falling and her breath was coming in ragged. Small hiccups left her as she finally made it to her leader's den. "B-B-Bumblestar?" she called in a strained voice, wincing at the fact that she was likely waking the leader up. But - stars above. Her heart was beating fast and her paws felt tingly and she... she didn't know who else to go to. Plus, her sister had wanted Bumble to be aware of her fate. This had to be done.

Stumbling through the den on shaky paws, Redhawk paused for a moment once inside to collect herself. Her eyes were watery and the tears continued to spill from her eyes and onto the floor of the den. "SSS-Sorry, I..." Hiccup. She had to catch her breath and steady herself, what with her uneven breathing and ruffled fur. Finally she lifted her misted gaze towards her leader, praying to the stars that she wouldn't be too mad for the intrusion.

"I-I-It's my sss-sister. Gentledoe. SSS-She... ss-she... she came t-to me just n-now, in a d-dream." A couple more hiccups. Shaking shoulders. More tears. "...She's dead." There was more to the story, because Red wouldn't be able to just sit here while knowing where her sister's body was. No, she needed to bring her home, give her a proper burial under the willow. "SSS-She wanted me t-t-to... t-tell you..." Squeezing her eyes shut, Red tried her best to reign in the grief she felt. It was monumental; the hope cracking and breaking and practically drowning her.

[ @dino. ANGST TIME ]

Bumblestar wasn't really asleep. Her back was turned to the curtain of lichen at the entrance to avoid any light filtering in as she tucked her nose underneath her paws and tried to get some rest. Sleepless nights were becoming far more frequent. She'd need to make a trip at some point to get some more ragweed to get her through the day.

Her ears twitched at Redhawk's voice, and she lifted her head, blinking tiredness out of her eyes as she turned to focus. Why was she crying??

Oh. Bumblestar's heart stuttered to a stop.

She'd always wondered where Gentledoe had gone. It wasn't like the warrior to just disappear; she'd been too hard-working, reliable, and Bumblestar had been holding out for her return, but now, if the part about the dream was true...

"I'm sorry. I-" Her own voice became strained and she forced herself to her paws. "Where? We can go get her, take her back here."

The sister comment went over her head for the time being. They could have that conversation later.

dino. January 16th, 2024 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEAR. (Post 1535519)
He was.. exhausted.

Wolfpaw crept into the den after Bumba, and as she settled into the nest he joined her. A bundle of fluff that nearly collapsed against her, a low purr rumbling in his throat as he started the process of grooming blood from Bumba's fur. Mostly, he was just glad they were OK - despite the fish effort to kill them.

[ @dino. ]

Bumblestar shifted to give Wolfpaw room and wrapped a foreleg around him to tug him close. She gave Wolfpaw a grateful lick to the top of his head before letting her head rest against the bark floor of the den. "You doin' alright after all that?" she murmured, sounding completely drained.

taillow January 16th, 2024 11:12 AM

Redhawk
The amount of relief that washed over her upon learning that she hadn't made Bumblestar mad by waking her up (unbeknownst to her that the leader had never really been asleep) was immense. Redhawk sniffled as she attempted to control her breathing, the tears not stopping. "I-In the outskirts... p-p-past ThunderClan's borders, near the Thunderpath." She hated the way her voice sounded - like a scared kit who was looking for their mother.

But her leader was agreeing to go get her, Red hadn't even needed to ask. Admiration poked through the wall of grief that rose up around her and she nodded numbly, gratitude in her gaze. "T-Thank you, Bumblestar... C-C-Can we go now?" Hiccup. "I d... I don't wa-ant to lea..." Hiccup. She didn't want to leave her sister and she wanted to say that to explain the urgency but her throat felt too tight to get any words out. It was probably mouse-brained, going out this late - or this early, considering the sun would likely rise soon enough - but Red couldn't think about anything outside of getting Gentledoe's body and bringing it back home.

[ @dino. ]

Starii January 17th, 2024 05:37 AM

[QUOTE=dino.;1536180]Bumblestar glanced up as Forestpaw entered, and irritation flickered across her expression. Not at the apprentice but at the warrior she'd assigned her to. A little at the crying, too, she could never handle that. "I'll get you reassigned. In the meantime, you can go to other warriors to get started."[/QUOTE

The she dipped her head in response before heading out

furrensic January 21st, 2024 08:19 PM

https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-...o5gWCCvi3S.png
FUZZPAW
he/him. 9 moons. lanky yellow tom with golden, tan, and brown splotches; bright green eyes
( purrks ; silver tongue )

after the gathering comes to an end, fuzzpaw finds himself making a bee-line for bumblestar's den. his paws ache and, weirdly enough, burn?? wait, that's not right. he pauses right outside the the fallen log that bumblestar occupies to lift one of his paws and examine it. his mouth makes a small 'o' shape when he sees his paw pads, normally pink, are rather red looking. arghhh!!!! NO TIME FOR FROSTY PAWPADS!! there was a serious matter at paw: whoever nectarflame is!! and why was dawnstar in thunderclan's old camp?

if anyone would know, it's bumblestar. she's ancient, isn't she? bursting through the hanging lichen, the mottled tom throws his head back. "BUMBLESTARRRR!!!" he shrieks, stepping further into the den. which, may he say, is not as cozy as the apprentices den. totally not a fan.

"I have some questions, like, a loooot of questions!" he starts, taking a deep breath. "I was at the gathering and talking to hickorysplinny- WHATEVER HIS NAME IS!. and like, all of a sudden, it was like I was in a dream..but..not! and I was in the old camp, but I was already in the apprentice's den? and like, then I heard someone calling for a cat named nectarflame but I don't even know who that is!! then I got up in the dream..um, whatever it was, and DAWNSTAR of all cats was on the thunderwillow!! and she was the one who called nectarflame!!" he confesses all in one breath, panting after with wide eyes.

there's an odd feeling surrounding the name nectarflame. he feels an obligation to learn more about the whole situation, obviously, but his mind burns and he needs answers – "who's nectarflame?! why was dawnbutt in our old home??! I'm so CONFUSED!"

[ @dino. ]

finley !! January 26th, 2024 07:55 AM

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=47195

beetlewing
they/them . afab queen . tc . 22 moons . tags ; @dino. @vellichor

trigger warnings for this post: none
beetlewing, holding timberkit in their jaws, nosed into the leader's den. ' hello? bumblestar? ' their voice was muffled, so they placed the kit down, keeping one eye fixed on her. they didn't know why, but they needed to keep this kit safe.