Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Roleplay (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Dusk Syndicate Healers' Den (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87)

Mango September 24th, 2017 11:58 AM

Re: Dusk Syndicate Healers' Den

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-Jay (Post 391115)
She ran out

Feather looked at the kit and rolled her eyes.

Spicy sighed," Kits..."

judas September 25th, 2017 06:46 AM

[QUOTE]"Well I'm Mercury." He said in a simple reply, adding a shrug. "And I'm also guessing you have a name." The feline said in a poor attempt at humor. Wow. Nice job there... He hissed at himself internally.
He tipped his head slightly when the other feline just suddenly said: Windy. A moment later he could feel it because of how it slightly stung his eyes. He eyed her pelt. It did look longer than his, after all his own pelt was sleek, which came from both of his parents. He, slightly hesitantly, lifted his paw higher for her to examine it, which he did kind of expect her to do. After all, she was going to fix it, wasn't she?
Mercury got rid of that thought, letting his gaze drift to the herbs she was working with. He clearly knew that she did have cobwebs, but the blue-pelted tom had no idea what the yellow hued stuff was. "Uh, what's the herb called?" He asked, hoping that she wouldn't mind him asking questions. She doesn't really seem like one of those grumpy, short-tempered cats. He thought for a moment. Okay, well minus the bristling pelt. Wonder what I did? He huffed, just slightly. Why must I make everything so awkward? I really need to practice stuff like this more, or at least, huh, I dunno, actually know what to do. He thought, frowning slightly.[
/QUOTE]

She laughed, flicking her tail. "Well," She mewed, "It's Shadow.
Odd name I know." Dabbing the cobwebs on the toms paw, she tried her best to clean up what she could. Her ears flicked up as she listened to the tom. "Oh that? It's Goldenrod. I use it to help with wounds- Hold still of a moment." Shadow quickly chewed it into a poultice. Her eyes locked on the toms paw. The tordie placed it on carefully, wrapping the tom's paw in a cobweb. Shadow backed up slightly, smiling at Mercury. "Anything else?"
{Short x-x Writers block} @Aleka

aleka! September 27th, 2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myik (Post 392013)
She laughed, flicking her tail. "Well," She mewed, "It's Shadow.
Odd name I know." Dabbing the cobwebs on the toms paw, she tried her best to clean up what she could. Her ears flicked up as she listened to the tom. "Oh that? It's Goldenrod. I use it to help with wounds- Hold still of a moment." Shadow quickly chewed it into a poultice. Her eyes locked on the toms paw. The tordie placed it on carefully, wrapping the tom's paw in a cobweb. Shadow backed up slightly, smiling at Mercury. "Anything else?"
{Short x-x Writers block} @Aleka

[

He flattened his ears. It still stung on his paw, and the cobweb just felt... weird. The tom flicked his tail, slightly dismissing what she had said. "It's not that weird of a name," he replied with a stiff shrug. "I've met cats with weirder names." Mercury looked at his paw for a moment, before meeting her gaze, a bit nervously. "What does it do? Doesn't every herb do something different or anything like that?" He asked. A faint curve of a smile was printed on his maw. It did feel kind of nice meeting a new cat, and at least this molly has the decency to be at least polite to him, which didn't seem to really happen with cats for some reason. The feline took a slightly deeper breath. At least the smell of the herbs didn't really smell that strong anymore. He looked at the herbs behind her. Jeez, and to think that they all do different things... He let his paw slightly lower to the ground. How does a healer remember all these different things?

judas September 27th, 2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleka (Post 393227)

[

He flattened his ears. It still stung on his paw, and the cobweb just felt... weird. The tom flicked his tail, slightly dismissing what she had said. "It's not that weird of a name," he replied with a stiff shrug. "I've met cats with weirder names." Mercury looked at his paw for a moment, before meeting her gaze, a bit nervously. "What does it do? Doesn't every herb do something different or anything like that?" He asked. A faint curve of a smile was printed on his maw. It did feel kind of nice meeting a new cat, and at least this molly has the decency to be at least polite to him, which didn't seem to really happen with cats for some reason. The feline took a slightly deeper breath. At least the smell of the herbs didn't really smell that strong anymore. He looked at the herbs behind her. Jeez, and to think that they all do different things... He let his paw slightly lower to the ground. How does a healer remember all these different things?

"Oh? Really?" She laughed, "A odder name than Shadow huh?
Never thought I see the day." She mewed. Shadow shifted, sitting down next to Mercury. Her ears flicked up, happy that someone her age wants to talk to her. "It helps the healing process. And helps it not get infected." She mewed,
Shadow glanced at all her herbs, fully relaxing herself. He didn't seem like a Blood-thirsty killer like some cats. Shadow closed her eyes, smiling as she wrapped her tail around her paws. @Aleka

Deerlie September 28th, 2017 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chameleon (Post 391342)
Spicy sighed," Kits..."

Feather curled into a ball, falling asleep.

@Flameleaf

Mango September 28th, 2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-Jay (Post 393939)

@Flameleaf

Spicy started sorting herbs with Pistachio.

Tundra September 28th, 2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chameleon (Post 393965)
Spicy started sorting herbs with Pistachio.

Coco spedwalked over to Spicy and Pistachio. "Can I help?"
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-Jay (Post 393939)

@Flameleaf

Thrush sat next to her.

Deerlie September 28th, 2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flameleaf (Post 394131)

Coco spedwalked over to Spicy and Pistachio. "Can I help?"

Thrush sat next to her.

Feather awoke a little bit later. SHe sat up. "You stayed?" SHe asked. She got up, looking at Coco. "Can i leave today?" She asked.

Tundra September 28th, 2017 04:26 PM

Coco began sorting herbs. "I think that's for the more experienced Healers to decide." She told her without looking at her.

Deerlie September 28th, 2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flameleaf (Post 394204)
Coco began sorting herbs. "I think that's for the more experienced Healers to decide." She told her without looking at her.

She nodded. "Ok."

Mango September 29th, 2017 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-Jay (Post 394264)
She nodded. "Ok."

Spicy took a look to see. (which do you want a clear or not clear? If clear should they need to wait a day or two before returning to duties?)

Deerlie September 29th, 2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chameleon (Post 394596)
Spicy took a look to see. (which do you want a clear or not clear? If clear should they need to wait a day or two before returning to duties?)

She is good to go, but she cant do warrior duties.}

She looked up, "I think im fine." She purred.

Mango September 29th, 2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-Jay (Post 394676)
She is good to go, but she cant do warrior duties.}

She looked up, "I think im fine." She purred.

Spicy sniffed her wounds," you're fine to go, but don't return to your duties yet."

Deerlie September 30th, 2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chameleon (Post 394683)
Spicy sniffed her wounds," you're fine to go, but don't return to your duties yet."

She nodded. "Alright. Thanks Spicy." She got up and limped towards the opening of the den. SHe looked at thrush and purred.

@Flameleaf

Tundra September 30th, 2017 01:04 PM

Coco watched silently as Spicy sent the she-cat away. I'm gonna have to do that one day...
@Chameleon
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
Thrush dipped his head toward Spicy before turning and following Feather.
@Jay-Jay

Deerlie September 30th, 2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flameleaf (Post 395223)
Coco watched silently as Spicy sent the she-cat away. I'm gonna have to do that one day...
@Chameleon
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
Thrush dipped his head toward Spicy before turning and following Feather.
@Jay-Jay

Camp?} Feather vanished into the tunnel.

aleka! October 7th, 2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myik (Post 393381)
"Oh? Really?" She laughed, "A odder name than Shadow huh?
Never thought I see the day." She mewed. Shadow shifted, sitting down next to Mercury. Her ears flicked up, happy that someone her age wants to talk to her. "It helps the healing process. And helps it not get infected." She mewed,
Shadow glanced at all her herbs, fully relaxing herself. He didn't seem like a Blood-thirsty killer like some cats. Shadow closed her eyes, smiling as she wrapped her tail around her paws. @Aleka

"Why are herbs so complicated?" He said aloud, though it sounded more like a statement than question. "I thought plants were just well, plants." He said, with a short chuckle. The tom looked at all the other herbs, flicking his tail tip gently. "Uh, what all can herbs even do?" Mercury said, quite curious. He just still didn't get how a cat could remember so many things- judging by all the different herbs here anyways. It's probably a good thing I never somehow got interested in this kind of stuff, the feline thought with the slightest of a smile. Besides, fighting seems to kind of come naturally to me. That did seem true enough, as it probably did with most other cats that had the Fighter rank.
Hunting probably came naturally to Hunters, and healing came naturally to Healers, or they were determined enough to want to try it, and also not mind all the strong scents, which was, truthfully, still bothering him. But the tom had basically shoved that to he back of his mind, and his nostrils were kind of occupied with the slightly marveling scent of Shadow, who also did smell like herbs, but she also smelt sweet- not like a putrid sweet that made him wince away, but a nice gentle sweet, under the delicate layer of herb scents.
Umm, why am I thinking about this exactly? He wondered, nervously shuffling his paws. Now he had the sudden urge, as he usually did when he felt embarrassed, to just start moving around.

judas October 7th, 2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleka (Post 399659)

"Why are herbs so complicated?" He said aloud, though it sounded more like a statement than question. "I thought plants were just well, plants." He said, with a short chuckle. The tom looked at all the other herbs, flicking his tail tip gently. "Uh, what all can herbs even do?" Mercury said, quite curious. He just still didn't get how a cat could remember so many things- judging by all the different herbs here anyways. It's probably a good thing I never somehow got interested in this kind of stuff, the feline thought with the slightest of a smile. Besides, fighting seems to kind of come naturally to me. That did seem true enough, as it probably did with most other cats that had the Fighter rank.
Hunting probably came naturally to Hunters, and healing came naturally to Healers, or they were determined enough to want to try it, and also not mind all the strong scents, which was, truthfully, still bothering him. But the tom had basically shoved that to he back of his mind, and his nostrils were kind of occupied with the slightly marveling scent of Shadow, who also did smell like herbs, but she also smelt sweet- not like a putrid sweet that made him wince away, but a nice gentle sweet, under the delicate layer of herb scents.
Umm, why am I thinking about this exactly? He wondered, nervously shuffling his paws. Now he had the sudden urge, as he usually did when he felt embarrassed, to just start moving around.

Shadow laughed, hardly controlling herself. "N-no!" She mewed,
giggling as she spoke. "N-not really. They have different uses, ways they heal and such. Without them we wouldn't be healthy." She mewed. Her tail flicked, and even now she struggled to keep her laughter in. "They just all do different things, Mercury. It's hard to explain them all." Shadow said, looking over at the tom with a blue gaze. She took a small breath, and her stomach felt odd. She got nervous around the tom. A shy, weird feeling overwhelmed her. Shadow thought about what to say, she wanted to get to know this tom. "S-so,
did you ever think about any other ranks?" She asked. Regretting it as soon as she spoke. What if he asked her back? Shadow didn't want to talk about herself. Her past was odd and confusing.

aleka! October 7th, 2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myik (Post 399710)

Shadow laughed, hardly controlling herself. "N-no!" She mewed,
giggling as she spoke. "N-not really. They have different uses, ways they heal and such. Without them we wouldn't be healthy." She mewed. Her tail flicked, and even now she struggled to keep her laughter in. "They just all do different things, Mercury. It's hard to explain them all." Shadow said, looking over at the tom with a blue gaze. She took a small breath, and her stomach felt odd. She got nervous around the tom. A shy, weird feeling overwhelmed her. Shadow thought about what to say, she wanted to get to know this tom. "S-so,
did you ever think about any other ranks?" She asked. Regretting it as soon as she spoke. What if he asked her back? Shadow didn't want to talk about herself. Her past was odd and confusing.

Mercury did manage to sit still. "Do you ever think about the world around the Syndicate?" He said, quickly following it up with another sentence. "I mean, uh, about the herbs sprinkled far away from here that no healer here has heard about?" He asked, his bright blue gaze trained on hers. "What do you mean, like if I considered being a hunter or something like that?" The mixed feline asked, the crescent moon of the smile on his maw growing to a grin. "And if that was the question, then no. Got to admit, I'm pretty lousy at hunting, and it seemed that would get boring, and I just..." He hesitated for a moment. "I just probably don't have the memory to be a healer, and I really never had a desire to do help cats in that way I guess." He shrugged, though his mind was racing. Does this mean that I'm a heartless cat, wanting to fight rather than help heal others? The tom wondered, inhaling softly in a worried manner. "And I guess that being a guard would be nice I guess," he said, trying to distract himself. "But I actually have yet to speak with Halite about it."

judas October 7th, 2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleka (Post 399736)

Mercury did manage to sit still. "Do you ever think about the world around the Syndicate?" He said, quickly following it up with another sentence. "I mean, uh, about the herbs sprinkled far away from here that no healer here has heard about?" He asked, his bright blue gaze trained on hers. "What do you mean, like if I considered being a hunter or something like that?" The mixed feline asked, the crescent moon of the smile on his maw growing to a grin. "And if that was the question, then no. Got to admit, I'm pretty lousy at hunting, and it seemed that would get boring, and I just..." He hesitated for a moment. "I just probably don't have the memory to be a healer, and I really never had a desire to do help cats in that way I guess." He shrugged, though his mind was racing. Does this mean that I'm a heartless cat, wanting to fight rather than help heal others? The tom wondered, inhaling softly in a worried manner. "And I guess that being a guard would be nice I guess," he said, trying to distract himself. "But I actually have yet to speak with Halite about it."

{So much cute, omg}
Shadow let out an amused sigh, fur tingling with excitement. "Yes, honestly.
It sounds silly, I know. But I like my life here, my trainee and my friends."
She mewed. Shadow looked back over at Mercury, hears flicked and perked up.
"Yeah, it's what I meant. I trained for a few moons to be a fighter, but you know. Things ended up happening... I can hunt pretty well I suppose.
Being a healer doesn't mean I have to be weak!" She joked. She gave the tom a friendly nuzzle. "Guards have it all, you should ask him." Shadow mewed.
Her fur seemed lighter now that she was with him. All the stress melted away.

aleka! October 8th, 2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myik (Post 399742)

{So much cute, omg}
Shadow let out an amused sigh, fur tingling with excitement. "Yes, honestly.
It sounds silly, I know. But I like my life here, my trainee and my friends."
She mewed. Shadow looked back over at Mercury, hears flicked and perked up.
"Yeah, it's what I meant. I trained for a few moons to be a fighter, but you know. Things ended up happening... I can hunt pretty well I suppose.
Being a healer doesn't mean I have to be weak!" She joked. She gave the tom a friendly nuzzle. "Guards have it all, you should ask him." Shadow mewed.
Her fur seemed lighter now that she was with him. All the stress melted away.

Mercury twitched his whiskers. "But I have to admit, I do prefer sleeping in a den rather than just around camp." He said, slowly scooting towards her, where hopefully she wouldn't notice. It felt good to just have a causal chat with another feline like him, as it seemed he hasn't done that in forever. "If you don't mind me asking, were you born here?" He asked, a ear flicking. He knew that some other cats didn't really like to talk about where they came from, and he just kind of hoped that Shadow wasn't really one of those cats, though he himself didn't really mind that.
But at the same time, cats born as loners or kittypets had such interesting stories about where thy came from! He himself was an ordinary Dusk Sydncaite born cat- there wasn't really any interesting stories there.

judas October 8th, 2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleka (Post 400160)

Mercury twitched his whiskers. "But I have to admit, I do prefer sleeping in a den rather than just around camp." He said, slowly scooting towards her, where hopefully she wouldn't notice. It felt good to just have a causal chat with another feline like him, as it seemed he hasn't done that in forever. "If you don't mind me asking, were you born here?" He asked, a ear flicking. He knew that some other cats didn't really like to talk about where they came from, and he just kind of hoped that Shadow wasn't really one of those cats, though he himself didn't really mind that.
But at the same time, cats born as loners or kittypets had such interesting stories about where thy came from! He himself was an ordinary Dusk Sydncaite born cat- there wasn't really any interesting stories there.

Shadow felt hot under her fur. She hadn't felt this way since Slash,
and the tom had left. Something inside canceled out the hatred and replaced it with something happy. Shadow looked at the the tom as he asked about her.
And the feline wasn't sure how to answer. "Well, yes and no. It's a bit complicated I guess." Shadow took a moment, pausing. "My family moved around a lot. I was born here, but then we left after they got threatened.
And before I was four moons they joined back." She said, tail flicking in satisfaction. "What about you?" She mewed. A hint of relief and happiness lifted her voice up. Finally a tom who was kind, not threatful or rude. She wondered how she would see Mercury more. Now that Icarius would be here, she could take some breaks right? Shadow's paws felt tingly and light as her eyes gazed at the tom.

aleka! October 8th, 2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myik (Post 400173)

Shadow felt hot under her fur. She hadn't felt this way since Slash,
and the tom had left. Something inside canceled out the hatred and replaced it with something happy. Shadow looked at the the tom as he asked about her.
And the feline wasn't sure how to answer. "Well, yes and no. It's a bit complicated I guess." Shadow took a moment, pausing. "My family moved around a lot. I was born here, but then we left after they got threatened.
And before I was four moons they joined back." She said, tail flicking in satisfaction. "What about you?" She mewed. A hint of relief and happiness lifted her voice up. Finally a tom who was kind, not threatful or rude. She wondered how she would see Mercury more. Now that Icarius would be here, she could take some breaks right? Shadow's paws felt tingly and light as her eyes gazed at the tom.

"I was born here, to a tom named Navy and a molly named Moon, and they both were loners before they joined." He said with a shrug. The blue pelted tom inhaled softly. I wonder what made them feel threatened? He thought in wonder. It seemed it was the clans, but that did seem too long ago anyways, and this molly did appear close to his age. He glanced down at his paw, slightly marveling about how it had seemed to stop hurting. "Augh, herbs are such a miracle!" He muttered to himself under his breath. "So, do you like take the cobwebs and that other herb- that I uh, may or may not of forgotten the name of off once it stops bleeding?" He asked. Hopefully by asking this, he didn't cut his time short with her, because he didn't really want that. He just had this... feeling and he just didn't really want to stop talking to her just yet.

judas October 8th, 2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleka (Post 400214)

"I was born here, to a tom named Navy and a molly named Moon, and they both were loners before they joined." He said with a shrug. The blue pelted tom inhaled softly. I wonder what made them feel threatened? He thought in wonder. It seemed it was the clans, but that did seem too long ago anyways, and this molly did appear close to his age. He glanced down at his paw, slightly marveling about how it had seemed to stop hurting. "Augh, herbs are such a miracle!" He muttered to himself under his breath. "So, do you like take the cobwebs and that other herb- that I uh, may or may not of forgotten the name of off once it stops bleeding?" He asked. Hopefully by asking this, he didn't cut his time short with her, because he didn't really want that. He just had this... feeling and he just didn't really want to stop talking to her just yet.

Shadow giggled, moving her tail as she rested it behind her. "Do you have any siblings?" She mewed. The tom looked like a healthy cat, not sickly to to masculine. Shadow thought about her looks for the first time in a while. She wasn't fat, or wiry. In fact the she-cat had a more male frame. But it was hidden under her fur. Shadow looked at the tom's paw, the smell of Goldenrod coming from it. She didn't want to stop talking to this tom. But hoped he wasn't going to need healing for a long time. It was odd, awkward feeling that shined in her eyes. And it made her stomach feel weird and her fur grow hot. "Goldenrod," She corrected shortly after the tom spoke. Shadow moved herself closer to the tom's paw. "Sometimes yes, I'll take a small look real quick." She mewed. Shadow unsheathe her claws, keeping her paw steady. She slowly removed the excess cobwebs. Clearing the herb away without disrupting the wound. It looked healthy, and had not gotten red and puffy. "Can you flex your paw alright?" She asked.

aleka! October 9th, 2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myik (Post 400246)

Shadow giggled, moving her tail as she rested it behind her. "Do you have any siblings?" She mewed. The tom looked like a healthy cat, not sickly to to masculine. Shadow thought about her looks for the first time in a while. She wasn't fat, or wiry. In fact the she-cat had a more male frame. But it was hidden under her fur. Shadow looked at the tom's paw, the smell of Goldenrod coming from it. She didn't want to stop talking to this tom. But hoped he wasn't going to need healing for a long time. It was odd, awkward feeling that shined in her eyes. And it made her stomach feel weird and her fur grow hot. "Goldenrod," She corrected shortly after the tom spoke. Shadow moved herself closer to the tom's paw. "Sometimes yes, I'll take a small look real quick." She mewed. Shadow unsheathe her claws, keeping her paw steady. She slowly removed the excess cobwebs. Clearing the herb away without disrupting the wound. It looked healthy, and had not gotten red and puffy. "Can you flex your paw alright?" She asked.

"I do have siblings, three others sisters named Star, Eclipse, and Woodpecker, also I have a brother named Red." He sighed. "But Red and Woodpecker both left here- and I really have no idea where they've gone." Mercury stated, with a short exhale.
He held his paw up as she inspected it. He gingerly sniffed it for a second, happy that it looked fine, to him at least, since there was still some blood tainting his fur, but when he looked closer he could see it had stopped bleeding- or had appeared to at least. His ears perked at the question. "I'm pretty sure..." He said, moving it gingerly, and slowly unsheathing his claws. It looked weird, missing one of his claws. He felt his fur grow hot- or it seemed like that at least whenever he was this close to her. What's wrong with me? He wondered, slightly panicking. Do I have a fever or something...?

judas October 9th, 2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleka (Post 400820)

"I do have siblings, three others sisters named Star, Eclipse, and Woodpecker, also I have a brother named Red." He sighed. "But Red and Woodpecker both left here- and I really have no idea where they've gone." Mercury stated, with a short exhale.
He held his paw up as she inspected it. He gingerly sniffed it for a second, happy that it looked fine, to him at least, since there was still some blood tainting his fur, but when he looked closer he could see it had stopped bleeding- or had appeared to at least. His ears perked at the question. "I'm pretty sure..." He said, moving it gingerly, and slowly unsheathing his claws. It looked weird, missing one of his claws. He felt his fur grow hot- or it seemed like that at least whenever he was this close to her. What's wrong with me? He wondered, slightly panicking. Do I have a fever or something...?

Shadow cleaned up the excess herbs and cobwebs from his paw.
"It should be good for now on. Try and take it ease for a while." She mewed.
Shadow stretched, yawning as her eyes looked up at Mercury. "I suggest giving it a few licks every now and again. Just make sure to keep it clean."
The molly mewed with a small sigh.
{A Little short, I have to work on a few things!}

aleka! October 10th, 2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myik (Post 400968)

Shadow cleaned up the excess herbs and cobwebs from his paw.
"It should be good for now on. Try and take it ease for a while." She mewed.
Shadow stretched, yawning as her eyes looked up at Mercury. "I suggest giving it a few licks every now and again. Just make sure to keep it clean."
The molly mewed with a small sigh.
{A Little short, I have to work on a few things!}

"Okay, but at least I kind of get an excuse for making my littermates to bring me food," he said with a chuckle before continuing on. "So, does this mean I should leave now...?" He asked, his voice trailing off.
What if she's wanted me to leave this whole time really, but was just to polite to say it outright? Mercury thought in panic, turning away and dropping his head low, tensing his shoulders. He quickly shoved the thought away. No, she's obviously quite in awe to see me. He attempted to try to reassure himself, but it ended up just sounding like a sarcastic thought. Great.

judas October 10th, 2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleka (Post 401462)

"Okay, but at least I kind of get an excuse for making my littermates to bring me food," he said with a chuckle before continuing on. "So, does this mean I should leave now...?" He asked, his voice trailing off.
What if she's wanted me to leave this whole time really, but was just to polite to say it outright? Mercury thought in panic, turning away and dropping his head low, tensing his shoulders. He quickly shoved the thought away. No, she's obviously quite in awe to see me. He attempted to try to reassure himself, but it ended up just sounding like a sarcastic thought. Great.

Shadow was quite dazed, not sure how to reply. "I suppose,
only if you want to. I'm not b-" She stopped herself, paws shuffling. "Oh,
I do have to get Icarius moved in. Oh my," A small hint of worry in her voice. She looked up at Mercury. "Can I see you again?!" She mewed, nuzzling the tom on the cheek.

aleka! October 11th, 2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myik (Post 401482)

Shadow was quite dazed, not sure how to reply. "I suppose,
only if you want to. I'm not b-" She stopped herself, paws shuffling. "Oh,
I do have to get Icarius moved in. Oh my," A small hint of worry in her voice. She looked up at Mercury. "Can I see you again?!" She mewed, nuzzling the tom on the cheek.

He smiled at the thought of meeting her again. That did sound nice. "Of course Shadow, I'll check back with you as soon as I can, and also to make sure my paw is fine." Mercury replied, nuzzling her shoulder gently to go along with the reply. He blinked sympathetically. He understood what she felt like.
He didn't want to leave right now either. But he just wanted to hear one more thing- then he would leave.
Probably.

judas October 11th, 2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleka (Post 401940)

He smiled at the thought of meeting her again. That did sound nice. "Of course Shadow, I'll check back with you as soon as I can, and also to make sure my paw is fine." Mercury replied, nuzzling her shoulder gently to go along with the reply. He blinked sympathetically. He understood what she felt like.
He didn't want to leave right now either. But he just wanted to hear one more thing- then he would leave.
Probably.

Shadow leaned into the tom for a quick moment. Turning as she reached up and licked his cheek. She liked the feeling of her fur in his. And everything else about Mercury. Shadow tried her best to not act out of place. And she blushed under her fur as she moved away. She hoped he didn't get harmed again. Or at all. Shadow let out a small sigh as she tried to hide the look in her eyes. Moving away as her tail flicked. "I-I better go, I see you last M-mercury." And that name, odd. She liked the way it made her feel when she said it. And how it sounded next to hers. Shadow went back to her stores, trying to hide herself from the other cats.

aleka! October 12th, 2017 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myik (Post 401954)

Shadow leaned into the tom for a quick moment. Turning as she reached up and licked his cheek. She liked the feeling of her fur in his. And everything else about Mercury. Shadow tried her best to not act out of place. And she blushed under her fur as she moved away. She hoped he didn't get harmed again. Or at all. Shadow let out a small sigh as she tried to hide the look in her eyes. Moving away as her tail flicked. "I-I better go, I see you last M-mercury." And that name, odd. She liked the way it made her feel when she said it. And how it sounded next to hers. Shadow went back to her stores, trying to hide herself from the other cats.

He leaned back on her with a bit more force, though not enough to knock Shadow over. Mercury lowered his head as she said she had to leave. "Wel-" He stopped himself. "Okay I guess..." He said to her, gingerly avoiding her gaze, as he was a bit... afraid if even that to see what was in her eyes. He cast a quick glance, quietly sighing in relief. He could see it in her blue eyes- what he also felt for her.
"I'll be leaving now," the tom said, licking her cheek gently in a good-bye. Sighing wearily, he got up, still slightly favoring his injured paw, and quickly limped out of the den. What was he supposed to say, anyways?

NightWarrior4Life October 14th, 2017 12:09 PM

DesertMoon walked over to the herb store. "Gossip says that we all have to leave tomorrow" she sighed. "Better start clearing this stuff out and rationing it out to cats...it's the least I can do to help them survive on their own...and I should get this belly of mine checked out before too...I have a felling I'm going to end up kitting in the desert...perhaps it's just my destiny...maybe I'll even die in that desert...hmm maybe that's a good kit name...destiny...nah...sounds too kittypet-ish." The dusky brown she-cat spoke to herself while taking poppy seeds and dock leaves and putting them in piles on the floor, ready to take out of camp.

Mango October 14th, 2017 03:21 PM

Pistachio entered the den sobbing,” Patch is so mean. He’s still bad that at three moons I failed heal him! I was a trainee then!” She continued sobbing. (OPEN- prefferably a she-cat healer)

judas October 29th, 2017 11:46 AM

@Duskflight
It was quiet, too quiet.
Shadow's pelt stuck up, air was thick with fear and anxiety. The battle had already started so she heard. Halite was crazy, they were all going to die. Blue orbs looked around her store, well kept and organized finally. Her claws dug into the soft moss. Slash, Pastelle, Mercury, Icarius. She had already known where Mercury was going. But as for the others, no clue. Slash went to windclan. Smart choice, he wouldn't be chased out. Shadow's eyes looked over at Icarius, nuzzling his head. "We should go," The molly mewed. "Halite can't keep fighting, with the cats we have it'll only be a matter of time." Shadow moved closer to her stores, this will all be wasted. Left to wilt and die, she scrambled to gather some herbs. "Burnet, chamomile, daisy leaves, and sorrel. Grab the Daisy, and Chamomile, it's all I have left." She mewed, tail flicking as she grabbed a quick drink from a puddle.

The Cannibal November 5th, 2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myik (Post 413150)
@Duskflight
It was quiet, too quiet.
Shadow's pelt stuck up, air was thick with fear and anxiety. The battle had already started so she heard. Halite was crazy, they were all going to die. Blue orbs looked around her store, well kept and organized finally. Her claws dug into the soft moss. Slash, Pastelle, Mercury, Icarius. She had already known where Mercury was going. But as for the others, no clue. Slash went to windclan. Smart choice, he wouldn't be chased out. Shadow's eyes looked over at Icarius, nuzzling his head. "We should go," The molly mewed. "Halite can't keep fighting, with the cats we have it'll only be a matter of time." Shadow moved closer to her stores, this will all be wasted. Left to wilt and die, she scrambled to gather some herbs. "Burnet, chamomile, daisy leaves, and sorrel. Grab the Daisy, and Chamomile, it's all I have left." She mewed, tail flicking as she grabbed a quick drink from a puddle.

The fluffy young tom was in the middle of a good dream; likely something including him showing off his greatness to others and drinking in their admiration like a cool, refreshing beverage. He dreamed about that sort of thing a lot, that was just in his nature. But it was quickly put to rest as someones muzzle went rubbing at his head, causing him to drowsily lift it and open his eyes. His vision was fuzzy for a few moments until he blinked to clear it and look sleepily up at Shadow as she went about gathering some of her herbs. "Hm?" His brain didn't fully register what she had said, but he found himself slowly rising to his paws and stretching with a huge yawn. He stretched until his legs quivered and his tail curled before slowly relaxing the position to fully turn to Shadow as she instructed him to grab the daisy and chamomile. Being too tired to really care, he simply did as she said without a word, trotting over rather sluggishly to stoop his head down and pick up the two herbs that were named, actually getting them right. He had been getting better at memorizing them by sight and smell, along with their uses, but he was far from fully trained in the ways of medicine. "What are we doing again?" He mumbled from around the herbs in his mouth, fighting the urge to yawn since it would make him drop all that he had collected.

judas November 5th, 2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskflight (Post 417324)
The fluffy young tom was in the middle of a good dream; likely something including him showing off his greatness to others and drinking in their admiration like a cool, refreshing beverage. He dreamed about that sort of thing a lot, that was just in his nature. But it was quickly put to rest as someones muzzle went rubbing at his head, causing him to drowsily lift it and open his eyes. His vision was fuzzy for a few moments until he blinked to clear it and look sleepily up at Shadow as she went about gathering some of her herbs. "Hm?" His brain didn't fully register what she had said, but he found himself slowly rising to his paws and stretching with a huge yawn. He stretched until his legs quivered and his tail curled before slowly relaxing the position to fully turn to Shadow as she instructed him to grab the daisy and chamomile. Being too tired to really care, he simply did as she said without a word, trotting over rather sluggishly to stoop his head down and pick up the two herbs that were named, actually getting them right. He had been getting better at memorizing them by sight and smell, along with their uses, but he was far from fully trained in the ways of medicine. "What are we doing again?" He mumbled from around the herbs in his mouth, fighting the urge to yawn since it would make him drop all that he had collected.

{To many memories in the DS I started tearing up myself}
Shadow turned to him, seeing he had gotten the herbs right. He was learning rather quickly. Her ears flattened as he asked that question. She turned with a sigh. "Leaving, Halite launched an attack on the clans but... W-we have to go now. It'll be fine," She mewed, trying to make it sound as good as possible. Her eyes quickly filled with tears. Shadow had to many good memories here, Slash and Pastelle had been some of her greatest friends. Dark, her missing adopted kitten, and Ash- her former trainee. She looked over at the fluffy kitten, smiling. He needed a future, she wasn't just about to leave him wondering.
Shadow now knew what she had to do. Find Mercury.

The Cannibal November 5th, 2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myik (Post 417326)

{To many memories in the DS I started tearing up myself}
Shadow turned to him, seeing he had gotten the herbs right. He was learning rather quickly. Her ears flattened as he asked that question. She turned with a sigh. "Leaving, Halite launched an attack on the clans but... W-we have to go now. It'll be fine," She mewed, trying to make it sound as good as possible. Her eyes quickly filled with tears. Shadow had to many good memories here, Slash and Pastelle had been some of her greatest friends. Dark, her missing adopted kitten, and Ash- her former trainee. She looked over at the fluffy kitten, smiling. He needed a future, she wasn't just about to leave him wondering.
Shadow now knew what she had to do. Find Mercury.

{Aww yeah, the DS was fun, and was a good place for Hannibal and his beginnings :'c }

All Icarius could do in response was blink. Leaving? But this is my home...
Our home.
Uncertainty entered his blue hues as he looked at his trainer, but he didn't question her. She knew more than him, had a better concept of things that he did. If she said that it would be fine, that this was the right thing to do.. Then he would follow her. Whether he showed it or not, he really did look up to Shadow, admired her and her skills. There wasn't any cat in the world he would choose for another trainer and he felt so incredibly lucky to have Shadow. She was like his new mother in a way.. In fact, he couldn't even remember the last time he had seen his mom, or even most of his siblings. Even now he wasn't sure if they were still alive or not. And it would remain that way now because they had to leave. Gaze beginning to harden, the young grey tabby realized that maybe this was part of growing up. It's not like his mother particularly cared about him right? Or she would have been checking up on him, seeing how he was doing, acknowledging him. Why should he give her the satisfaction and closure of knowing where he was going?
Nodding his head slowly, he would show Shadow that he understood. He was willing to follow her, and would be by her side just like a kit with his mother. Because that's what she was to him. A mother.

judas November 5th, 2017 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskflight (Post 417330)
{Aww yeah, the DS was fun, and was a good place for Hannibal and his beginnings :'c }

All Icarius could do in response was blink. Leaving? But this is my home...
Our home.
Uncertainty entered his blue hues as he looked at his trainer, but he didn't question her. She knew more than him, had a better concept of things that he did. If she said that it would be fine, that this was the right thing to do.. Then he would follow her. Whether he showed it or not, he really did look up to Shadow, admired her and her skills. There wasn't any cat in the world he would choose for another trainer and he felt so incredibly lucky to have Shadow. She was like his new mother in a way.. In fact, he couldn't even remember the last time he had seen his mom, or even most of his siblings. Even now he wasn't sure if they were still alive or not. And it would remain that way now because they had to leave. Gaze beginning to harden, the young grey tabby realized that maybe this was part of growing up. It's not like his mother particularly cared about him right? Or she would have been checking up on him, seeing how he was doing, acknowledging him. Why should he give her the satisfaction and closure of knowing where he was going?
Nodding his head slowly, he would show Shadow that he understood. He was willing to follow her, and would be by her side just like a kit with his mother. Because that's what she was to him. A mother.

Shadow pushed a small pile of herbs to the tom. Keeping some for herself, she began to eat them. The bitter taste making her feel at home in an odd way. "Drink some water if you need to," She mewed, looking at her stores. Shadow wanted one last glance before leaving, her beloved poppy flowers were going to rot here. She had always loved the red flowers. Shadow looked over at the exit, looking at Icarius. "Ready?"

The Cannibal November 5th, 2017 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myik (Post 417333)

Shadow pushed a small pile of herbs to the tom. Keeping some for herself, she began to eat them. The bitter taste making her feel at home in an odd way. "Drink some water if you need to," She mewed, looking at her stores. Shadow wanted one last glance before leaving, her beloved poppy flowers were going to rot here. She had always loved the red flowers. Shadow looked over at the exit, looking at Icarius. "Ready?"

Setting down the daisy and chamomile that he had been holding, he leaned down and quickly scarfed down whatever it had been, wrinkling up his face at the bitter taste but also relishing it. It was the last time he would be eating any kind of herbs in this place. It would be his last time being here period. The thing was... He wasn't even entirely sure how he felt. He felt more numb, more apathetic than anything. He was leaving his home, his family, almost everything he had ever known. He wanted to feel attached to it, but at the moment he could really feel nothing. It was almost as if he were still asleep, still dreaming and would just wake up to Shadow nuzzling him awake. Like he had just fallen asleep during one of their training sessions and they would get back to it. But that's not at all what was happening. They were really doing this. They were really leaving. This was real.
"I should be fine." He meowed quietly at the mention of the water, flicking his tail in quiet dismissal before picking up the chamomile and daisy's again. When Shadow asked if he was ready, he would look at her and nod her head, ready to follow her out to wherever she would lead him.

judas November 6th, 2017 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskflight (Post 417336)
Setting down the daisy and chamomile that he had been holding, he leaned down and quickly scarfed down whatever it had been, wrinkling up his face at the bitter taste but also relishing it. It was the last time he would be eating any kind of herbs in this place. It would be his last time being here period. The thing was... He wasn't even entirely sure how he felt. He felt more numb, more apathetic than anything. He was leaving his home, his family, almost everything he had ever known. He wanted to feel attached to it, but at the moment he could really feel nothing. It was almost as if he were still asleep, still dreaming and would just wake up to Shadow nuzzling him awake. Like he had just fallen asleep during one of their training sessions and they would get back to it. But that's not at all what was happening. They were really doing this. They were really leaving. This was real.
"I should be fine." He meowed quietly at the mention of the water, flicking his tail in quiet dismissal before picking up the chamomile and daisy's again. When Shadow asked if he was ready, he would look at her and nod her head, ready to follow her out to wherever she would lead him.

Shadow looked over at the exist. Her eyes looking down at the floor before she looked back up. The molly took a deep breath, her heart pounding as she took a step out. Shadow felt as if the entire den would fall out behind her. The molly took a few more steps out, looking back at Icarius. Shadow took a deep breath and looked at her camp on last time before walking out with her head held high. "They may have taken our home, but they have not taken our spirit!" She yowled, making a calm exist.