PDA

View Full Version : help me face my fear

Mango
August 7th, 2017, 08:21 AM
I,know your going to laugh at my fear, but its of any ride at an amusement park that goes upside down aka roller coasters, that swinging boat, ECT. It's bad enough that if I see one my heart starts pounding, anyone know how to get over that fear...

Socks
August 7th, 2017, 12:41 PM
I, know you're going to laugh at my fear, but it's of any ride at an amusement park that goes upside down aka roller coasters, that swinging boat, ECT. It's bad enough that if I see one my heart starts pounding, does anyone know how to get over that fear...
I used to be just like you, I was terrified of roller coasters and closed my eyes on every ride when I went on vacation a few years ago, but when I went on vacation this year I was able to laugh through all the rides instead of screaming. The thing is, I was still terrified but as I grew older I learned to enjoy how it felt to 'take the risk' every time, so I believe the only real way to get over this fear is to just ride those kinds of roasters.

Role
August 7th, 2017, 03:37 PM
It's a common fear! Don't be ashamed of it.
I have a fear of heights.
But the way I'm getting over it is this:
Find a ride that looks fun.
Get on the ride
Don't over think it or you'll talk yourself out of it.
You will survive
My first rollercoaster was a foot hanging ride that went upside down and all around.
After that, i wasn't THAT scared, but i was still scared
I rode bigger rides after that.
Just don't overthink it and have fun

Mango
August 9th, 2017, 06:39 PM
I only cowered out on two roller coasters- the one that goes upsidedown and sideways and 70 Mi per hour
And one that has a 100 foot slopped drop.