PDA

View Full Version : Want to make a site like this

Wildy~ =3
July 16th, 2017, 08:20 PM
How does this site work?

BEAR.
July 16th, 2017, 08:45 PM
Are you interested in knowing the platform, web / domain host, and the cost of the services?

WCO runs on vBulletin 3.8, with Bluehost as our web and domain host. I'm not sure if you can get vBulletin 3.8 anymore, but regardless of the version you purchase it would be about $250 for a license.

Additionally, the cost of purchasing our host was $200, and the domain was another $12 -- these need to be paid yearly.

I would suggest making a free site (Proboards and Forumotion seems to be popular choices) and seeing how those go before looking into creating a site that requires payments.

Wildy~ =3
July 16th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Are you interested in knowing the platform, web / domain host, and the cost of the services?

WCO runs on vBulletin 3.8, with Bluehost as our web and domain host. I'm not sure if you can get vBulletin 3.8 anymore, but regardless of the version you purchase it would be about $250 for a license.

Additionally, the cost of purchasing our host was $200, and the domain was another $12 -- these need to be paid yearly.

I would suggest making a free site (Proboards and Forumotion seems to be popular choices) and seeing how those go before looking into creating a site that requires payments.
oh wow nvm