PDA

View Full Version : can someone explain to me literally everything about therians

sock
March 19th, 2024, 02:02 PM
what it says on the tin

i understand nothing

braveleopard.
March 19th, 2024, 02:26 PM
what it says on the tin

i understand nothing

therians are people who believe they were an animal in a past life and/or have a deep connection to a certain animal. they, in a way, identify as an animal. they are sometimes mistaken as furries

does that sum it up? :heartbounce:

sock
March 20th, 2024, 07:12 AM
therians are people who believe they were an animal in a past life and/or have a deep connection to a certain animal. they, in a way, identify as an animal. they are sometimes mistaken as furries

does that sum it up? :heartbounce:

I knew that much for sure, but i keep seeing other things about them, like "shifts" and "alters" and stuff like that

braveleopard.
March 20th, 2024, 07:24 AM
I knew that much for sure, but i keep seeing other things about them, like "shifts" and "alters" and stuff like that

"shifts" are basically when someone "becomes" one of their theriotypes, or suddenly feels like an animal. sometimes they are mental (wanting to act like an animal or longing to do non-human things) or behavioral (acting like an animal). they are not in any way physical.

now i dont know what alters are so- :skull:

theriotypes are basically the animals you identify as!

is that a better explanation O.O

braveleopard.
March 20th, 2024, 07:27 AM

there's also these things called genutherians where you identify as a whole class of animals, extinct or not. for example, one feline therian might be a genutherian in the feline class, meaning they identify as any/all creature(s) from the cat family, extinct or not.

sock
March 20th, 2024, 07:48 AM
there's also these things called genutherians where you identify as a whole class of animals, extinct or not. for example, one feline therian might be a genutherian in the feline class, meaning they identify as any/all creature(s) from the cat family, extinct or not.
iiiinteresting

braveleopard.
March 20th, 2024, 07:55 AM
iiiinteresting

there's a big variety of therian related stuff lemme just.. break it down

alterkin is all concepts related to theriantrophy. this includes: theriantrophy, pythantrophy, otherkin, spacekin, and fictionkin.

you already know.

basically like therians, but instead you identify as some plant (oak trees, grass, tulips, etc)
fantasy creatures like: angels, vampires, talking animals, etc.
identify as a space-related object/organisim. examples: star, planet, galaxy, alien.
fictional character identification.

sock
March 20th, 2024, 07:58 AM
there's a big variety of therian related stuff lemme just.. break it down

alterkin is all concepts related to theriantrophy. this includes: theriantrophy, pythantrophy, otherkin, spacekin, and fictionkin.

you already know.

basically like therians, but instead you identify as some plant (oak trees, grass, tulips, etc)
fantasy creatures like: angels, vampires, talking animals, etc.
identify as a space-related object/organisim. examples: star, planet, galaxy, alien.
fictional character identification.
oh dang

ChaosBringer.
March 20th, 2024, 08:51 AM
How does someone identify as a fictional character? I've seen this with systems(DID) and I don't get it. I've never seen any of this irl, so I don't know much.
leopard.

braveleopard.
March 20th, 2024, 10:17 AM
How does someone identify as a fictional character? I've seen this with systems(DID) and I don't get it. I've never seen any of this irl, so I don't know much.
leopard.

not entirely sure! i know mostly therian stufff but