PDA

View Full Version : Digital Art Tips Needed

Courage
February 22nd, 2024, 04:25 PM
My art tablet broke. To the point where it won't even turn on. Kind of expected it since it was a really old tablet but yeahhh. I like traditional art, buy I really would like to do commissions so that's not going to work. Could you do digital art on a phone? It's true, the screen is tiny, but I don't know. So artists, please tell me if that's even possible, and if so what can I use for art? (I would prefer not having to download or pay for anything before I get another tablet) thanks.

Beanz
February 22nd, 2024, 04:26 PM
*sits in needing as well* I do track pad art!

hades.
February 22nd, 2024, 04:37 PM
Beanz Courage If the art program you use has a stabilizer, mess w/ that until it works!

dino.
February 22nd, 2024, 04:40 PM
can definitely do digital on a phone! it's been a hot second but if i recall correctly, IbisPaint and Medibang are two good mobile apps. Also used to use Autodesk Sketchbook and that's my favorite of the three, pretty easy to get a hang of and has a lot of options. All three have paid add-ons but the base content is free and what's available shouldn't be super limiting. Courage

Indy
February 22nd, 2024, 04:40 PM
Haven't tried it myself but I've seen quite a few artists making amazing artwork on their phone with finger!
My guess is that it takes some getting used to + a bit of patience but it's doable!

alec
February 22nd, 2024, 04:44 PM
i used to do art on my phone in like 2021 but judging by the fact alone that i barely drew until summer '23 its pretty obvious it wasnt good.
i caved in said summer, and finally bought an ipad so i use mostly procreate (like 12€ one time payment) but ibis paint x is pretty good (free but a ton of ads), though you might have trouble using your phone cuz that doesnt have pressure sensitivity n stuff.
theres an app called sketchbook or smt too. just look around theres a bunch of these kinds of apps if you type in "sketchbook" or "art" or smt

TLDR: you can totally make it work using your phone but itll probably take a while to adjust Courage

blxze.
February 22nd, 2024, 04:48 PM
Sketchbook is a fantastic mobile art app, so is Ibis Paint. They work on Apple and Android (Don't know about google) But a tip I've got is try to use a stylus! It really helps make the job easier in my opinion on small screens. I use a tablet to draw, and I don't know what I'd do for digital drawing without it. Sorry it broke, that sucks! Courage

Courage
February 22nd, 2024, 07:59 PM
Alright, thank you all so much!