PDA

View Full Version : Appreciation Thread

TheNyanCatMinecart
January 26th, 2024, 08:22 PM
Hello, y'all!

In this thread, I want to share my appreciation for certain members of WCO who have been really special to me. All of you are special, so don't think you've been discounted, but these specific people have had a huge impact on me, and to them, I'm forever grateful. I won't be including those who have left the site, as they unfortunately won't see this, but trust that they still have a special place in my heart no matter what. :heartbounce:

Goodness, where to begin? There are so many!

Yes, I know where to start! The wonderful Moonraven. I've sung my praises to her from the moon and back (pun intended), but stars be darned if I didn't include her. Moonraven, seriously, you've been wonderful. You've tolerated me from overexcited child to slightly older, still kinda crazy teenager. Seriously, you've been willing to do so many plots with me even though you're crazy busy, and I'm forever grateful that we get to develop our characters together. Leopardsong's romance with Wolffang and Batglare's mentoring of Twistedpaw are so important to me. I hardly have words to express it. Honestly, without them, I'm not sure how active either of these characters would be. I might've given up on them by now. And, of course, thank you so much for considering me for the deputy role. Roleplaying Wolffang as deputy changed me in so many ways, many of which I can hardly express in words. This goes beyond roleplay, too. You're such a wonderful, understanding, kind person with so much diligence. I really respect you. Thanks for being here. Oh yeah, and by the way, if I get to be too much sometimes, please let me know. I know I kinda throw things at you sometimes, lol, and can get a bit controlling when it comes to my characters. I'm doing my best to work on that. :heartbounce:

Next up is the wonderful Undertaker, Moonraven's brother! Yes, you know him. There are no lies involved. I will admit, I was intimidated by you for a bit, but then I found that you were a cool, chill, mature person who often tries to steal your sister's iPad, and I really respect that. Like Moonraven, you have wonderful characters. Dawnstar is so impressive. Even though she's a horrible cat, I love the control she has over ShadowClan and the authority. It makes me respect her even though I still haven't quite gotten over how she tortured Twilightstar. And Leechscar is such a wonderful character! I remember you saying that me being infuriated by him was a good thing because it meant he was doing his job, which is great because sometimes I'd like to punt him. In the best way possible. Your characters get their points across so well! Ivysnake was actually made for Dawnstar, and I'm so glad she got as far as she did. Keep your crown, Shadow Queen and Roleplaying King. You deserve it.

One of the OGs from the era of my three-liner Rosepaw posts is gs29513. She's been around for so long, so I've gotten to know her quite well. I've always been happy when she's returned to roleplaying. Ever since little Larkkit began terrorizing Rosepaw in the apprentices' den, ruining this beauty queen's reputation, GS has been paving the way for my characters' development and growth. She's so good at giving her characters a unique voice, and outside of that, she's such a kind, cool, and fun person! I can't wait to see where you go with Deadmoon.

BEAR. and Fawn go together as the "site developers I used to be scared of but then found out they were pretty cool and chill." Y'all are such a cute couple, seriously. I see those VMs. Both of you have done a wonderful job in running the site, and sincerely, I say thank you for creating this wonderful place. You're so fun to roleplay with, too! BEAR, I remember how shocked I was when Badgerbranch got accepted as Hareflood's brother. It was a wonderful roleplaying experience. And don't get me started on Fernpaw. He's such a cute little guy, and I love his relationship with Wolffang. Wolffang will always remember that egg. And poor Fernpaw is traumatized. I want to hug him. And give him more eggs. Fawn, you're such a wonderful writer and a calm, encouraging, supportive voice of reason. You've answered my deepest writing questions and helped me to ultimately become better at the craft. Thank you.

Lillith, cool resident deputy, Enforcer, and abusive mother over here! Well... their characters. They aren't an abusive mother. You're seriously so chill, and you have such wonderful ideas, too. Thank you for being willing to roleplay a cat as nasty as Willowsky. It helped with Twistedpaw's growth so much, and I'm forever grateful that you were willing to take up such a task. I love the relationship Ivysnake and Vixensnarl had, and Fallownose has been such a wonderful deputy for WindClan. You're really great at roleplaying him, though I'm a bit nervous by the murderous turn he's taking... I dunno, dude seems kind of sus now. But you're doing an amazing job! Keep it up.

vampire From the beginning, you've had a unique chaos child energy that can't be ignored. You've matured a lot, which is awesome, but I love the chaos child energy that remains. You're a fantastic staff member! Always willing to help and listen, you're the person WCO needs. Thank you so much for always being there - and for the chaos child memories. You have awesome artwork, too!

Starfall You're an awesome staff member, too! Thank you so much for helping me through my anxiety and keeping the site a fun, safe place. Your artwork is amazing, too! I wish I could draw with the same amount of fluidity. You're bursting with friendly energy, and I love it. :) Spiderthroat is such a cool character, too!

dino. You've been awesome. Seriously. You've always been fun to roleplay with and understanding. I remember Buckstar and Flowerkit. And, of course, your help with A Rogue's Hate was invaluable. Your feedback has permanently influenced my writing style - I've learned not to use "though" and "however" as much. And don't get me started on the cover art. THE COVER ART. It took ages, but it was well worth the wait. Thank you so much for sticking with it. I love it and will cherish it for all my life. You've been so kind, helpful, patient, and understanding, and I really appreciate it.

Quasar, one of the OGs! Volunteering Featherwhisker to roleplay Rosebriar's mother was one of the best things that could've happened to me on this site. Those early RPs were so much fun. Remember when we replied in, like, 20-30 minutes of each other? Those were the days. I've watched your writing and roleplaying develop over time, and your improvement has been incredible! That's not even talking about your artwork. I want your skills. Now. Thank you for being so understanding and willing to listen to me. You've been amazing. Seriously. Hopefully, you see this, and WCO doesn't eat this mention like it does all my Discord DMs, lol. :heartbounce:

Poprock Hello, you wonderful bundle of positivity and encouragement! Your support has been awesome, and your characters are amazing, too. Lots of love has been sent your way. Thank you so much for Peachfrost and, of course, above all, you.

tallulah You've taught me so much about life and roleplaying in general that I have no idea where to begin. I feel like I've said that a lot- Anyway, you've taught me a lot more about roleplaying etiquette and interacting with other people. As a staff member, you were always ready to help enhance WCO and make sure people were doing what they were supposed to. And, especially with my writing worries in the recent months, you've been amazing. Super amazing. Your kindness, encouragement, love, and support are so vital to me. We need more people like you in the world. Thank you so much for always being there, and remember that you deserve as much kindness as you give out. Your characters are always awesome and well-developed, too! They've done wonderfully in all their roles.

Alchemist Kitsune Fellow detailed roleplayer incoming! Your posts are amazing to read. I can tell you put a lot of thought and effort into them - and into your characters, too! Seeing them is always a treat. You've also always been a voice of reason, a kind, supportive person who's always ready to talk about roleplaying and life to the fellow members of WCO. Keep being you because you're amazing. Your husband is super lucky.

Catherine Hello, fellow fandom enthusiast! It's awesome to see someone who shares some of my interests other than Warrior Cats, of course. You seem like such a cool person, and I love the way you roleplay your characters! Marigoldleap and Badgerfang were such wonderful OCs. You did amazing with them. <3

wolfie Fellow High Rank for a time! I love the way you roleplay your characters and the inclusion you provide with them. They're all super well-thought-out and awesome. I'm still reeling over Cowtuft's exile. How dare you! You're such a wonderful roleplayer with characters I really feel for, and though I don't know you too well outside of that, you seem like a cool, chill person who's neurodivergent like me.

Wingnettle Along with your wonderful characters, your veterinary knowledge is amazing! It's so useful for RP - and super impressive! I used to want to be a veterinarian, and it's super cool to know one. You have such a wonderful personality, kind and sensitive and smart. Keep it up! We all love you.

Willowfern Another fellow High Rank! You're super cool with amazing artwork, and I can't wait to see what you create for A Rogue's Hate - Part 2. Thanks for being cooperative, cool, and fun!

Shade. Another one of the OGs! You've always been fun to roleplay with. You have such a unique style of writing as well as a unique style of characters. Your personality is interesting, too. I love it! The darkness you weave into your characters always catches my eye. And I love your artwork, too. You have such a distinct style, and you've improved so much over the years.

Estelle You've been such a roleplaying inspiration! I love your style and your characters, and you seem super friendly and understanding. Thank you so much for signing up for Acornkit's plot. :)

eris Another friendly face with wonderful characters. The way you develop them and add to your stories is phenomenal. You're doing a wonderful job with Springpaw! Thank you for being so kind, too. You're awesome.

Spartan-117 I'm glad we got to talk. You seem like such a wonderful person, and you're a great roleplayer. It's wonderful talking and roleplaying with you!

Exis Another oldie. Hey! Remember the Blackpaw, Rosepaw, and Twistedpaw drama? Those roleplays were amazing. You've always been fun, and you've had such big, wonderful ideas for your characters. You're also wonderful to talk to. It's awesome to see you on WCO again!

Of course, it would be impossible to include everyone and everything, but I had to do my best to say something about as many people as I could who are still around and who have impacted me in the biggest ways over the years. Thank you all so much for being amazing. You all deserve the best. :heartbounce:

Anyone who comes across this thread can use it to express gratitude for certain members who have impacted them in the biggest ways, too! This is a space for positivity where we recognize the amazingness, creativity, and kindness of our fellow members. We're a community full of wonderful people, and I'm forever grateful that I found it on January 1st, 2020 while looking for a forum roleplaying site where I could share my characters. I've learned and grown so much - and, despite the stressful moments and the anxiety that have come across me at times, it's been worth it. I'm so happy for this place and for all of you.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. :heartbounce:

wendigo
January 26th, 2024, 08:48 PM
GGASP

TheNyanCatMinecart you're probably like, the most detailed roleplayer and the coolest I've ever seen!! all your posts are so euehgfhsgHSGHBSH sososo detailed!!!!! it's like I'm reading an actual storybook!!!! plus, wolffang is sosososososo cool and so eeEEEUaAGAAAAHGAGAG and twistedpaw is so skrunkly!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've honestly looked up to you ever since I joined and I was always so inspired by how you type out each sentence and how each character is portrayed and aaaAAAAAA it's just impossible to show all my gratitude to you!!!!!!!!!!!!

dino.
January 26th, 2024, 08:48 PM
love you lots nyan, the kind words are really appreciated :heartbounce:

Snips
January 26th, 2024, 08:55 PM
I second al of these. The ones I've interacted with/known about the most are Moonraven, Undertaker, Starfall, Vampire and gs29513. (Also haha yes Fawn and Bear are an adorable couple. We've all seen those VMs lol)

Madelaine
January 27th, 2024, 12:17 AM
You're one of the best people on this site and I'm so glad to have met the most creative person on here. Every roleplay post you make is always a joy to read. All your characters are really good and I'm glad to have been able to roleplay with some of them. TheNyanCatMinecart;

Shade.
January 27th, 2024, 06:41 AM
FFOYEUEDCJIIOJSETVYUJDF NYAN I APPRECIATE U RIGHT BACK!! You're super nice and you can write in so much detail like I never could and maintain your characters with a lot of dedication! Your art has gobe through great improvement too!!

TheNyanCatMinecart

Ian
January 27th, 2024, 08:10 AM
Really needed this today. It means a lot Nyan, and I appreciate you so so much :heartbounce:

Wingnettle
January 27th, 2024, 09:04 AM
Thank you so much Nyan, you don't know how much I needed this and for how much time. You're great, too :heartbounce: TheNyanCatMinecart

stag
January 27th, 2024, 11:02 AM
i read this last night when it was first posted but i was dragged away by other things and have been meaning to reply. after this weeks event, i really appreciate this. thank you, nyan, truly.

[ TheNyanCatMinecart ]

TheNyanCatMinecart
January 27th, 2024, 03:48 PM
GGASP

TheNyanCatMinecart you're probably like, the most detailed roleplayer and the coolest I've ever seen!! all your posts are so euehgfhsgHSGHBSH sososo detailed!!!!! it's like I'm reading an actual storybook!!!! plus, wolffang is sosososososo cool and so eeEEEUaAGAAAAHGAGAG and twistedpaw is so skrunkly!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've honestly looked up to you ever since I joined and I was always so inspired by how you type out each sentence and how each character is portrayed and aaaAAAAAA it's just impossible to show all my gratitude to you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my gosh, thank you so much! <3 I really appreciate it. That means a lot to me, truly. :heartbounce:

I second al of these. The ones I've interacted with/known about the most are Moonraven, Undertaker, Starfall, Vampire and gs29513. (Also haha yes Fawn and Bear are an adorable couple. We've all seen those VMs lol)
They cannot hide from us

You're one of the best people on this site and I'm so glad to have met the most creative person on here. Every roleplay post you make is always a joy to read. All your characters are really good and I'm glad to have been able to roleplay with some of them. TheNyanCatMinecart;
I’m far from the best or the most creative, as there are so many wonderful people on here, but I really appreciate the kind words! Thank you. I’m glad I’ve gotten to roleplay with you, too. :heartbounce:

FFOYEUEDCJIIOJSETVYUJDF NYAN I APPRECIATE U RIGHT BACK!! You're super nice and you can write in so much detail like I never could and maintain your characters with a lot of dedication! Your art has gobe through great improvement too!!

TheNyanCatMinecart
I don’t know if I’ve ever seen you type in all caps before- Thank you! I love your writing style, too. :heartbounce:

love you lots nyan, the kind words are really appreciated :heartbounce:

Really needed this today. It means a lot Nyan, and I appreciate you so so much :heartbounce:

Thank you so much Nyan, you don't know how much I needed this and for how much time. You're great, too :heartbounce: TheNyanCatMinecart

i read this last night when it was first posted but i was dragged away by other things and have been meaning to reply. after this weeks event, i really appreciate this. thank you, nyan, truly.

[ TheNyanCatMinecart ]
Thank y’all so much. I’m glad I could help. You all deserve it, truly. :heartbounce:

Alchemist Kitsune
January 27th, 2024, 11:03 PM
Had a long, horrid day today, coming online to this message was like login in to a friendly hug. Thank you so much. It means a lot coming from you, and I hope you know how appreciated you are too. :hug:

Exis
January 28th, 2024, 12:29 AM
I'll take this time to say while I don't always condone the things that happen here I have never regretted my time with you all. Every moment I spent with all of you shaped so much of who I am. I could never name every person who has touched me here, the list would be far too long. I can never and will never be able to thank you all enough. I was still so young when I first came here, egged on by a real-life friend, you may know them as Wnder although I no longer know what they go by here. I was still naive and reckless, my words were not yet set to their own sound and I was still so scared to speak to anyone new. It was here I began to find my own voice and to in turn find myself. It was here I grew the confidence I needed for the real world, the leadership skills I'd need in my future endeavors, and the ability to connect to those around me at more than just a surface level. It was here I learned to express myself through my writing and characters, where I was finally able to have a creative outlet for everything my mind had on it.

Thank you to all of you for being a part of that journey, you have all done so much for me and I cant thank you enough, so I'll at least try with this.

TheNyanCatMinecart
January 28th, 2024, 07:26 AM
Had a long, horrid day today, coming online to this message was like login in to a friendly hug. Thank you so much. It means a lot coming from you, and I hope you know how appreciated you are too. :hug:
Of course! You deserve it. And thank you. :heartbounce:

I'll take this time to say while I don't always condone the things that happen here I have never regretted my time with you all. Every moment I spent with all of you shaped so much of who I am. I could never name every person who has touched me here, the list would be far too long. I can never and will never be able to thank you all enough. I was still so young when I first came here, egged on by a real-life friend, you may know them as Wnder although I no longer know what they go by here. I was still naive and reckless, my words were not yet set to their own sound and I was still so scared to speak to anyone new. It was here I began to find my own voice and to in turn find myself. It was here I grew the confidence I needed for the real world, the leadership skills I'd need in my future endeavors, and the ability to connect to those around me at more than just a surface level. It was here I learned to express myself through my writing and characters, where I was finally able to have a creative outlet for everything my mind had on it.

Thank you to all of you for being a part of that journey, you have all done so much for me and I cant thank you enough, so I'll at least try with this.
I'm so glad you found this much meaning on WCO. Wishing you the best in life and in writing. I'm really glad I met you. :heartbounce:

Estelle
January 28th, 2024, 08:28 AM
Thank you so much for your kind words!! They mean so much in a time that's a little tumultuous ahah :heartbounce:
I greatly admire your writing and how you're able to write everything with such interest and detail, you've been such an inspiration as well! Thank you for accepting little Poppy for Acornkit's plot, it was a joy, and for the kind words you share :lovesquee:
TheNyanCatMinecart

TheNyanCatMinecart
January 28th, 2024, 09:24 AM
Thank you so much for your kind words!! They mean so much in a time that's a little tumultuous ahah :heartbounce:
I greatly admire your writing and how you're able to write everything with such interest and detail, you've been such an inspiration as well! Thank you for accepting little Poppy for Acornkit's plot, it was a joy, and for the kind words you share :lovesquee:
TheNyanCatMinecart
Of course! And thank you! Poppykit is so awesome. I feel really bad for her. :( :heartbounce:

wolfie
January 28th, 2024, 12:55 PM
TheNyanCatMinecart
yoooo... neurodivergent bros stick together !!!! but no, real talk thank you so much <33 i really appreciate ur kind words alot !!! i do my best to develop my characters thoroughly and try keep them inclusive. and make people cry as is the right of a writer
super nice 2 hear it be recognized
and YOU!!!!! i absolutely love roleplaying with you and your characters. you were a great high rank to work with <3 and i shall be forever sad cow and twisted didn't get to make their flower crowns. that might be my biggest regret in his story

GoldenRavenWings
January 28th, 2024, 01:29 PM
Fawnheart<3
I thank you so much for being supportive and when you helped me out with my stress and anxiety!
Fritter + Kieran.
Thank you guys so much for being such great friends and I absolutely appreciate you with everything you’ve done! :)
FrostyGalaxy + dino. + panchiko + BEAR.
(I forgot the rest of those who have helped me sadly-) Thank you all so much for your help when I needed it!
Lillith + Rose + Starfall + elaif + marshy + Any other staff reading this!
Thank you, Staff, so much for being the amazing people you are.
To everyone here in WCO, Thank you for being an amazing community! May you all have an amazing day / night. I’m an proud to be in the community :)

gs29513
January 28th, 2024, 02:13 PM
BRUH thank you so much!! You´ve had/been a massive influence on my writing style (though I´m nowhere close to yours obviously) and you and Rose and Wolf have been so so SO important in keeping me here. Every time I think about dipping/disappear for a month or two I always end up thinking about what Dead COULD be doing, and I return so thank you so much for that! For being super cool and having such epic characters and being such a kind person!! :heartbounce:

SpiritWolf_yt
January 28th, 2024, 02:29 PM
YALL AMAZING PPL FROM DEVELOPERS TO STAFFS TO HIGH RANKS YALL ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!

TheNyanCatMinecart
January 28th, 2024, 03:03 PM
TheNyanCatMinecart
yoooo... neurodivergent bros stick together !!!! but no, real talk thank you so much <33 i really appreciate ur kind words alot !!! i do my best to develop my characters thoroughly and try keep them inclusive. and make people cry as is the right of a writer
super nice 2 hear it be recognized
and YOU!!!!! i absolutely love roleplaying with you and your characters. you were a great high rank to work with <3 and i shall be forever sad cow and twisted didn't get to make their flower crowns. that might be my biggest regret in his story
You're welcome! And thank you so much! <3 Haha, yes, we must stick together and make people cry! They will never be able to stop us! It's a shame Cow and Twisted weren't able to make their flower crowns, but it seems time and fate were against us. Their relationship will forever hold a place in my heart. :heartbounce:

BRUH thank you so much!! You´ve had/been a massive influence on my writing style (though I´m nowhere close to yours obviously) and you and Rose and Wolf have been so so SO important in keeping me here. Every time I think about dipping/disappear for a month or two I always end up thinking about what Dead COULD be doing, and I return so thank you so much for that! For being super cool and having such epic characters and being such a kind person!! :heartbounce:
You're welcome! Everyone's different - I'm super glad I've had a positive impact on you! It means a lot that I've been able to interact and reach so many people. But don't say your writing style is "worse." It isn't. Everyone has their own unique writing style, and improvement comes with time and in its own way. I've found myself looking up to the way you've roleplayed Deadmoon! I've said this a gazillion times lol, but I love her voice and how her past impacts her (even if it's sad).

Moonraven
January 28th, 2024, 06:39 PM
TheNyanCatMinecart Aww, I love this, look at all the appreciation you've inspired in everyone. :heartbounce: But thank you very much for the kind words. Don't worry you're never too much, if you were I'd let you know. Truthfully, I'm always surprised with how patience you are with me when it comes to our roleplays. Your writing is always a joy to read and very impressive to see how you develop your characters. Wolffang is such a wonderful character and it's been a ball following him on his journey to better himself. I look forward to doing the same with Twistedpaw. It's a delight to hear that I played a part in your dedication to the two. I can't say thank you enough for putting up with me and my snail pace with responses. I love roleplaying with you and can't wait to see what kind of future we create for our characters.

TheNyanCatMinecart
January 29th, 2024, 09:10 AM
TheNyanCatMinecart Aww, I love this, look at all the appreciation you've inspired in everyone. :heartbounce: But thank you very much for the kind words. Don't worry you're never too much, if you were I'd let you know. Truthfully, I'm always surprised with how patience you are with me when it comes to our roleplays. Your writing is always a joy to read and very impressive to see how you develop your characters. Wolffang is such a wonderful character and it's been a ball following him on his journey to better himself. I look forward to doing the same with Twistedpaw. It's a delight to hear that I played a part in your dedication to the two. I can't say thank you enough for putting up with me and my snail pace with responses. I love roleplaying with you and can't wait to see what kind of future we create for our characters.
:lovesquee: You have no idea how much this means to me, especially coming from such an inspiration. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Seriously. You're always worth being patient for, and it's been great for me to learn how to wait as well! You've definitely taught me a lot. And phew, it's a relief to know that I'm not too overbearing. I'm looking forward to more wonderful albeit snail-pace RPs in the future! :heartbounce:

Spartan-117
January 29th, 2024, 09:33 AM
I've been having a really rough time in my life lately, and when I see this... I almost cried. Of all the people on this site you could choose to show appreciation to - you chose me. I am honored by this, but I truly don't know what to say. I'm slow in roleplays and I don't often portray the character the way I want to. But everyone here is so patient and kind...

Thank you so much, nyan. It truly means a lot to me. :heartbounce: I'm glad when we get to talk, and it's always amazing to roleplay with you because your characters are so deep and expressive. TheNyanCatMinecart Thank you so much for honoring me with this. It means so much.

TheNyanCatMinecart
January 29th, 2024, 09:46 AM
I've been having a really rough time in my life lately, and when I see this... I almost cried. Of all the people on this site you could choose to show appreciation to - you chose me. I am honored by this, but I truly don't know what to say. I'm slow in roleplays and I don't often portray the character the way I want to. But everyone here is so patient and kind...

Thank you so much, nyan. It truly means a lot to me. :heartbounce: I'm glad when we get to talk, and it's always amazing to roleplay with you because your characters are so deep and expressive. TheNyanCatMinecart Thank you so much for honoring me with this. It means so much.
Of course. You deserve to be mentioned. :heartbounce: Every writer has characters that don't come out in the way they want to portray them, and don't feel guilty about being slow to reply. You have a lot going on in life. That's not your fault. Remember that you're awesome. :heartbounce: And thank you for the kind comment!

iliri
January 31st, 2024, 01:25 PM
oh wow, it took me a good while to get to this :sob: either way, i greatly appreciate the kind words, nyan! it's been a long time since we've properly roleplayed with each other, but that doesn't mean that i don't want to give you any appreciation back like you have towards me. you've been one of my greatest influences when it comes to writing[alongside other people and books, of course] and is one of the reasons why i am still writing today. :lovesquee: i highly thank you for the kind words about springpaw, it always makes my heart warm whenever someone compliments my writing for her. the same can easily be said about you whenever you write about twisted or wolffang! i love both of them from the bottom of my heart :heartbounce:

TheNyanCatMinecart

TheNyanCatMinecart
February 1st, 2024, 04:01 PM
eris

Aww, thank you! That means a lot. Keep being awesome! :heartbounce: