PDA

View Full Version : Show The HRs Your Appreciation! (Mass Gift Project)

Collieheart
January 26th, 2024, 05:53 PM
Show The HRs Your Appreciation!

I'm asking for help in particular from those who may know the HRs well. I haven't been on this site long, so it would be much appreciated if those with more context, experience, and personal connection could help make this a really, truly meaningful gift.

As we've seen with what unfortunately happened with Larkstar and Tansypaw in RiverClan and the effects it had on their roleplayers, it's a stressful job being a high rank. As such, I figured we could put together something nice to show them our appreciation for all their hard work!

What I've decided is that the gift will be, as @/MangofDoom suggested, like a card that people sign. The original post will be a compilation of art, and people can reply to the thread with meaningful letters/messages for the HRs. Details on how to contribute in the spoiler below.

If you want to help out, just reply to this thread saying "I'm in!" or something similar.

*Let this serve as a reminder, too, about what was said in this thread (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77372) about treating the HRs with respect and remembering that there's a person behind the character.*

Current Participants
Collieheart
Fritter
Batt.
MangofDoom
Desert Rain Frog
Caspian
KataroAndTheHeather
GhostlyStarfinder
Kieran.
Starphobia
blxze.

List of Possible Gifts
• Art of any kind
• Appreciation letters (suggestion from @/Beanz)

I will post a thread for finished gifts on February 3rd. The thread will mention all participants and all HRs. You may send me your contribution before then via VM, PM, or any other way you can get it in. Otherwise, put it in a reply and don't forget to mention the HRs!

There's nothing wrong with posting after the original! In fact, I hope people keep posting there for a long time afterward, as it would really show the support and appreciation for our high ranks and those who shoulder the responsibility of roleplaying them.

ONE MORE THING TO REMEMBER!
Any contribution could mean the world to an HR! It could be as little as posting a "thank you for your hard work". You don't have to be artistically inclined to contribute, or even put in hours of your time! Anything is appreciated.

Beanz
January 26th, 2024, 05:55 PM
hey I'm actually currently making art of all the high ranks rn!

Collieheart
January 26th, 2024, 05:58 PM

Yeah I saw that! It was you I got the idea from actually : ) I figured it could be nice to do that on a larger scale to really try to support them, being it's such a big role.

Fritter
January 26th, 2024, 06:15 PM
Im in!

Beanz
January 26th, 2024, 06:16 PM
Yeah I saw that! It was you I got the idea from actually : ) I figured it could be nice to do that on a larger scale to really try to support them, being it's such a big role.

mhm maybe everyone could write appreciation letters?

Collieheart
January 26th, 2024, 06:19 PM
mhm maybe everyone could write appreciation letters?

Thanks, that's a very good idea! Do you want to be put down as a participant?

Saki
January 26th, 2024, 06:23 PM
I'm in!

Saki
January 26th, 2024, 06:25 PM
Collieheart

I have an idea!

High rank appreciation day!

Saki
January 26th, 2024, 06:26 PM

Need any help?

Collieheart
January 26th, 2024, 06:37 PM
Collieheart

I have an idea!

High rank appreciation day!

Thank you! This might not work for what I was thinking with this particular project, but a good idea for sure!

MangofDoom
January 26th, 2024, 06:48 PM
Adding onto the letter thing, maybe it could be like the Thank You cards passed around a classroom where everyone signs it! Maybe a drawing everyone “signs” by replying to a thread with their kind messages. So it’s all contained.

edit: also I’m totally in!

Collieheart
January 26th, 2024, 06:52 PM
Adding onto the letter thing, maybe it could be like the Thank You cards passed around a classroom where everyone signs it! Maybe a drawing everyone “signs” by replying to a thread with their kind messages. So it’s all contained.

edit: also I’m totally in!

You know, I think I've decided a more solid structure for this so thank you!

MangofDoom
January 26th, 2024, 06:57 PM
You know, I think I've decided a more solid structure for this so thank you!

no problem, tysm for setting this up!!!

Collieheart
January 26th, 2024, 07:13 PM
no problem, tysm for setting this up!!!

Of course! I haven't been on long but I'm surprised something like this has never been done before... unless it has and just isn't easy to find.

Desert Rain Frog
January 26th, 2024, 07:18 PM
Im In.

Beanz
January 26th, 2024, 07:31 PM
wait I can fisinsh my art I'm doing and I can get everyone to sign it!

Collieheart
January 26th, 2024, 07:40 PM
wait I can fisinsh my art I'm doing and I can get everyone to sign it!

You could!! Feel free to post it on your own, otherwise I can definitely add it to whatever else gets submitted or even just link it.

Snips
January 26th, 2024, 09:04 PM
I could write letters!

iliri
January 26th, 2024, 09:09 PM
:eyes:

Caspian
January 26th, 2024, 09:29 PM
Collieheart

Count me in!

wendigo
January 26th, 2024, 09:46 PM
count me in brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watermeloon
January 26th, 2024, 09:57 PM
I'm in Collieheart !

Kieran.
January 27th, 2024, 07:39 AM
*Cracks knuckles dramatically*
Im in!
New Goal: draw all the leaders, deps, and meds (impossible for me probably but I will try)
Collieheart

Collieheart
January 31st, 2024, 12:40 AM
Reminder!

Thank you all so much for your support! I'm looking forward to seeing what you all come up with, even if it's as simple as a thank you letter! On that note, remember that the final post goes out this Saturday, February 3rd. I don't have a very solid schedule, so you can assume any time nefore midnight on Friday (February 2nd) is good to get your contribution in if you want it in the original post. You can VM or PM me a file or a link.

Once again, thanks for the help! I'm sure the high ranks will be as thrilled as I am to see so much support!

@Collieheart
Fritter
Batt.
MangofDoom
Desert Rain Frog
Caspian
KataroAndTheHeather
GhostlyStarfinder
Kieran.

Starphobia
January 31st, 2024, 08:19 AM
Count me in!!

Collieheart
February 3rd, 2024, 10:58 PM
Update

Life has been a bit hectic for me recently, so I've moved the date for the post to go out to next Saturday, the 10th. Thanks for your understanding, and good luck with anything you're working on!

Fritter Batt. MangofDoom Desert Rain Frog Caspian
@KataroAndTheHeather GhostlyStarfinder Kieran. Starphobia

Watermeloon
February 3rd, 2024, 11:04 PM
Update

Life has been a bit hectic for me recently, so I've moved the date for the post to go out to next Saturday, the 10th. Thanks for your understanding, and good luck with anything you're working on!

Fritter Batt. MangofDoom Desert Rain Frog Caspian
@KataroAndTheHeather GhostlyStarfinder Kieran. Starphobia

ah, thank goodness! I haven't had quite enough time myself

Collieheart
February 4th, 2024, 04:23 PM
ah, thank goodness! I haven't had quite enough time myself

:heartbounce:

blxze.
February 7th, 2024, 07:07 PM
Count me in! :D

Collieheart
February 11th, 2024, 12:51 AM
Extension Notice

I don't want to have to do this again, but life has once more gotten in the way of finishing this project for me. I would love to say the sure, solid deadline is for sure next Saturday this time, but in light of how my life has been recently (hectic) I'll play it safe and say I'll let y'all know when I have an actual real date for the final post to go up.

The reminder will come after I've finished my project so there won't be anymore extensions, and it will give anywhere from 3 to 7 days for anyone participating to finish and turn in their contributions.

Thanks as always for your patience and support!

Fritter
Batt.
MangofDoom
Desert Rain Frog
Caspian
violin
GhostlyStarfinder
Kieran.
Starphobia
blxze.