PDA

View Full Version : Writing Feedback!

TheNyanCatMinecart
January 7th, 2024, 05:18 PM
Hello! Nyan here, and I'd really appreciate your input!

After taking a hiatus to help with my writer's burnout, I'm officially back and having more fun with WCO than I have in a while, which is great. I've also been trying not to be as perfectionistic - that is, instead of trying to find the perfect words or nitpicking every sentence of every post, my main goal is to enjoy myself while getting the point across and producing what I hope are good posts.

I know the main goal of being on this site is having fun, which I am. However, I'm a writer at heart, and I want to understand my writing skills and look for ways to improve. It's difficult for a writer to view their own work from a fresh perspective because, well, they're the one who wrote it.

That's why I'm asking for feedback from you guys! What do you think of my current posts? How do they compare to my new posts? Do you like them? Dislike them? Is there anything I'm doing well? Is there anything I need to improve upon? I'm open to whatever feedback and however much you want to provide! Even simple statements are helpful.

Thank you all so much! I'm looking forward to seeing your responses.

hades.
January 9th, 2024, 03:16 PM
I love them. I love them so much. They are super amazing :heartbounce: It's like reading a professionally written book!

TheNyanCatMinecart
January 9th, 2024, 04:21 PM
I love them. I love them so much. They are super amazing :heartbounce: It's like reading a professionally written book!
Thank you so much for replying - and for the feedback + kind words! :heartbounce: I really hope I can become an author someday. I've spent most of my writing in the world of Warriors, but I have branched out to my own original work, and I hope I can work on it and get it published in the future.

hades.
January 9th, 2024, 04:29 PM
Thank you so much for replying - and for the feedback + kind words! :heartbounce: I really hope I can become an author someday. I've spent most of my writing in the world of Warriors, but I have branched out to my own original work, and I hope I can work on it and get it published in the future.
you could totally be a published author<3

TheNyanCatMinecart
January 9th, 2024, 06:19 PM
you could totally be a published author<3
<3

gs29513
January 10th, 2024, 07:54 PM
You already know what I'm going to say, your posts are epic!
What I like particularly about your writing is that a train of thought manifests pretty clearly, and you don't force brains in a direction they're not meant to go. One thing I would say is a lot of Wolffang's posts are similar/reminiscing, which makes sense because he has a deep history as a character but maybe isn't the way people think all of the time. Or maybe I'm just the kind of person who doesn't think about the past too much when I'm with other people. Or it may be that I'm seeing particularly the reminiscing posts because him and Dead have so much history, she definitely has a tendency to think backwards when she's with him as well so I shouldn't be throwing stones!
Personally, I freewheel all writing that's not nonfiction, even English essays and stuff that I really should outline. I'm a very vibes writer, so the fact that you edit and think about stuff is cray cray to me, but more power to you! Sometimes it is fun to let the characters just roll though, and write their own story rather than having a set plan, at least for me. Up to you though, and I don't want to give any sort of impression that I don't think you're posts are absolutely stupendous and have influenced my own writing style!!!
Rose was probably my favorite as a character, her development as someone so convinced she was right but being told she was wrong was fascinating to me, and I'm super glad I've been able to see you at a few stages of your writing journey.
Eek too many words.

TheNyanCatMinecart
January 11th, 2024, 04:59 PM
You already know what I'm going to say, your posts are epic!
What I like particularly about your writing is that a train of thought manifests pretty clearly, and you don't force brains in a direction they're not meant to go. One thing I would say is a lot of Wolffang's posts are similar/reminiscing, which makes sense because he has a deep history as a character but maybe isn't the way people think all of the time. Or maybe I'm just the kind of person who doesn't think about the past too much when I'm with other people. Or it may be that I'm seeing particularly the reminiscing posts because him and Dead have so much history, she definitely has a tendency to think backwards when she's with him as well so I shouldn't be throwing stones!
Personally, I freewheel all writing that's not nonfiction, even English essays and stuff that I really should outline. I'm a very vibes writer, so the fact that you edit and think about stuff is cray cray to me, but more power to you! Sometimes it is fun to let the characters just roll though, and write their own story rather than having a set plan, at least for me. Up to you though, and I don't want to give any sort of impression that I don't think you're posts are absolutely stupendous and have influenced my own writing style!!!
Rose was probably my favorite as a character, her development as someone so convinced she was right but being told she was wrong was fascinating to me, and I'm super glad I've been able to see you at a few stages of your writing journey.
Eek too many words.
Aww, thank you so much! :heartbounce: I've been trying to edit less and, as you said, freewheel my posts more so writing on WCO is less stressful. But I do definitely put a lot of thought into each sentence, lol. Thanks for the feedback on Wolffang! There's a lot that brings up his past, but you're right - he shouldn't be thinking about his old self in every post. I'll keep that in mind while writing him!
WCO has been awesome for helping me grow as a writer while also understanding that roleplaying is different than novel writing. It's awesome to get to be myself while also experimenting with other writing forms!

TheNyanCatMinecart
January 16th, 2024, 09:45 AM
Boink <3

TheNyanCatMinecart
January 16th, 2024, 05:33 PM
Boop!

TheNyanCatMinecart
January 17th, 2024, 06:48 PM
Boink

TheNyanCatMinecart
January 18th, 2024, 05:34 AM
Bump!