PDA

View Full Version : Deep Thoughts

lio
June 7th, 2017, 11:18 PM
What happens after we die?
Who are we really?
What goes on, millions of billions of lightyears away, in other galaxies?
What really is the meaning of life?

Why am I alive?

This is basically just a place to share and maybe try to say opinions upon the deepest questions of the world. You may also share conspiracy theories and more, but no arguing. Also, stick to the site guidelines.

WARNING; May cause an existential crisis.

I'll start us off.

So, do you know how Purgatory is in between Heaven and Hell? What is also in between those?
Life! What if, our whole lives, we just reside in Purgatory, and ghosts are the spirits who didn't get sorted within Heaven and Hell?

And, what if our whole life was a dream? The dream world, which is what we enter when we sleep, could really be Reality. Daydreaming is our minds trying to slip through into reality, and Nightmares are the true dream world, or our lives, trying to rip us away from reality?

vellichor
June 7th, 2017, 11:38 PM
You won't BELIVE how many hours I've spent thinking of that!! Seriously, I've suggested it to my parents more than once.

Oh, and here's another: If there's nothing faster than light, how did the dark get there first? Was it just, THERE? Or is dark faster than light? Is there even dark or light? Or is it all an illusion..?

Sorry, went rambling there. :3

Night Awaits
June 8th, 2017, 12:34 AM
I think about that so many times as well!

And also
What if other galaxies are basically alternatives of us?
What if there is more life other than Earth and possibly our Solar System, and that it's basically different versions of ourselves?
And if that were true, what types of alternatives are there?
Is there such an alternative that involves peace and just no wars at all?

I wonder about this too
I can't be the only one XD

lio
June 9th, 2017, 12:39 AM
These are so existential :000 but also very logical!

But I have a conspiracy theory;
What if the eyes of stuffed animals are really actually just cameras for the government to watch us from our own homes?

Ludicrous Lunacy
June 9th, 2017, 10:43 AM
what if ludi debunks all your theories

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
June 9th, 2017, 11:16 AM
What if we all only exist as a part of someone else's reality and none of what we call life truly exists, including ourselves, except for that one person.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
June 9th, 2017, 11:18 AM
I think about that so many times as well!

And also
What if other galaxies are basically alternatives of us?
What if there is more life other than Earth and possibly our Solar System, and that it's basically different versions of ourselves?
And if that were true, what types of alternatives are there?
Is there such an alternative that involves peace and just no wars at all?

I wonder about this too
I can't be the only one XD
Ooh that is basically the multiverse theory except in the multiverse theory it's different universes instead of galaxies.

Night Awaits
June 9th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Ooh that is basically the multiverse theory except in the multiverse theory it's different universes instead of galaxies.

Exactly!
It seems somewhat logical

~Aesthetic~
June 9th, 2017, 02:38 PM
What is the point of doing anything if one day, our progress will inevitably be erased and x number of years from now, no one will remember us? We are a a small, insignificant speck in the grand scheme of things, and the chances that we are significant to anybody 1000 years from now is miniscule.

The universe is infinite. No matter how far out you go, there's never an end. There will always be galaxies, planets, stars, planets, black holes... life. And if the universe is not infinite, then... What's beyond the universe? Just endless limbo forever? Heaven and hell? In our lifetimes, we will not know. It is impossible.

aaaah

Mango
June 9th, 2017, 03:11 PM
We will all die one day...now that's deep.

Ludicrous Lunacy
June 13th, 2017, 01:04 AM
What is the point of doing anything if one day, our progress will inevitably be erased and x number of years from now, no one will remember us? We are a a small, insignificant speck in the grand scheme of things, and the chances that we are significant to anybody 1000 years from now is miniscule.

The universe is infinite. No matter how far out you go, there's never an end. There will always be galaxies, planets, stars, planets, black holes... life. And if the universe is not infinite, then... What's beyond the universe? Just endless limbo forever? Heaven and hell? In our lifetimes, we will not know. It is impossible.

aaaah
But we still remember Julius Ceaser

Ludicrous Lunacy
June 13th, 2017, 01:06 AM
We will all die one day...now that's deep.
Literally everyone older than like seven knows that

Role
June 13th, 2017, 02:22 AM
Ok but I had this really deep thought after I read a warriors book and it involved Starclan cats fading. I thought about what happens if we could die when we're dead? Would everything just be black forever or would it all stop? What would it look like if it stopped? Then I tried to imagine what it would look like and I couldn't. Idk man it was a really deep thought imo, sorry if it sounds stupid.

Mango
June 13th, 2017, 07:26 AM
Ok but I had this really deep thought after I read a warriors book and it involved Starclan cats fading. I thought about what happens if we could die when we're dead? Would everything just be black forever or would it all stop? What would it look like if it stopped? Then I tried to imagine what it would look like and I couldn't. Idk man it was a really deep thought imo, sorry if it sounds stupid.
Yeah... Or what if, there's another heaven above it for those who faded away

Role
June 13th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Yeah... Or what if, there's another heaven above it for those who faded away
Yooooo that would be so weird
Like what if it was better than the first heaven
What would happen if you faded away then? Would you be reincarnated?

Mango
June 13th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Yooooo that would be so weird
Like what if it was better than the first heaven
What would happen if you faded away then? Would you be reincarnated?
What if there is a third heaven.

Crow
June 13th, 2017, 12:58 PM
How could there be infinite different universes? In one universe, there would have to be a being that had the desire and ability to take over the entire multiverse, so we would already know if there was one.