PDA

View Full Version : I Am Your Father

Spartan-117
September 14th, 2023, 12:36 PM
Tobi

That awkward depression has settled on him again. He huffs a sigh and shake shis head as he lays on his side, waiting for his... Sons to show up. A slight smile breaks his ugly face, and he shakes his head.

I wonder what they'll think about me?

Spartan-117
September 14th, 2023, 12:40 PM
@/tobi

Burnetkit stands in the area, his heart beating too fast. No, no, no. Not here. Not here - not again. He starts to panic as he looks around.

Kass
September 14th, 2023, 12:45 PM
Fen’kit
a large gray and black Tom with icy blue eyes
Sleep. That’s all he remembered doing right? So why the hell was he in a forest wide awake. Great FOX DUNG! he yowled in annoyance, bushy tail lashing back and forth in anger. Is sleep to much to ask for anymore! looking around he became aware this wasn’t just any forest…it’s the dark forest…interesting. padding through some bushes he came across…a kit and a tomcat? Great. Just great.
soldier

Spartan-117
September 14th, 2023, 12:51 PM
Tobi

The huge tom looks over and stands. "Greetings, young ones." He mews before frowning at the smaller kit, who has his multi-colored back towards him. He then snarls silently and pokes the little kit, who rushes across the clearing.

~~~

The little kit is by the other kit, but he does not come too close. He looks at them warily before looking away. He does not want to be here - he does not belong here. The panic settles deep in his chest and he feels like he's about to pass out.

Kass
September 14th, 2023, 12:56 PM
Fenkit
Fenkit glances at the tomcat who greeted him..before turning his attention towards the kit who huddled near him. Padding over he gently rested his tail on their shoulder to smooth them slightly. Don’t poke him like that old geezer. You’re gonna scare him to death he meowed flatly. Blue eyes raking across the gray Tom with little interest in him. he looks kinda lame to be honest. But to be fair everyone is. Except for coyote’paw he’s cool and amazing. the thought of the apprentice made a small smile creep across his face before it faded again.
soldier

Spartan-117
September 14th, 2023, 12:59 PM
Tobi

Snaggletooth's fur starts to rise and he smooths it out quickly before baring his misplaced and shapen fangs. He growls slightly before shaking his head. "Fenkit, this is Burnetkit." He mews under his breath, making an introdution. He then frowns again. "Burnetkit is deaf."

Burnetkit's hears burn and the little kit bows his head and closes his eyes. Breathe, Burnetkit. Breathe... He then thinks of Spottedfire before he looks up at the older kit who had been nice to him. He then, unsteadily, signs. 'T... H... Thank... Y-you.'

Kass
September 14th, 2023, 01:04 PM
Fenkit
Fenkit snorted at the other cat who told you my name brute. he hissed. His attention was brought to the smaller kitten as they signed thank you. I already knew he was deaf…I have been watching him from the nursery. he meowed coldly. He then dips his head to show the kitten he understood. As for you old man what do you possibly want with me and burnet’kit.
soldier

Spartan-117
September 14th, 2023, 01:17 PM
Tobi

"I helped name you, young one." He growls and digs his claws into the ground. If he was in ThunderClan and this kit acted like that... "Would you really deisrespect your father like that, Fenkit?"

Burnetkit cringes and looks at the ground before looking up to see what they all say. He feels bad, as if this is all his fault. Then he sees what Snaggletooth says - and he feels like throwing up.
He's known that Spottedfire isn't his biological father, but he hadn't thought that his actual father would be a... Murderer.

Kass
September 14th, 2023, 01:54 PM
Fenkit
Father? What father? fenkit huffed a breath father? Are you dumb or stupid?! I have no father? You helped name me!? Lies! My father wouldn’t be dead like you. Nor would he be a geezer like you. he spat bitterly.
soldier

Spartan-117
September 14th, 2023, 02:30 PM
Tobi

"I am not a 'geezer'. And if you do not believe me, I can tell you everything about you... Mother." He mews, almost spitting the word mother.

Nononono- He is unable to be my father. Spottedfire is... He thinks to hismelf before looking at Fenkit. a brother-?

Kass
September 18th, 2023, 12:45 PM
Fenkit
The gray and black Tom hissed angrily at snaggletooth. In your dreams old man! I have no mother! Never have and never will! he carefully nudges the smaller kitten backwards so he could stand in-front to protect him if need be.
soldier

Spartan-117
September 18th, 2023, 12:48 PM
Tobi

"How sweet. You actually care about your little brother. Did you know that his mother abanoned him? And an ignorant, forgetful tom named Spottedfire-" He spits the name like poison before snarling "As if Burnetkit belongs to him."

He lets out a low growl, tears welling in his eyes again. 'Spottedfire is more of a father to me than you will ever or have ever been for me! I am alive because of him!' The little kit signs frantically, slurring is words in his angry panic.

Kass
September 18th, 2023, 01:11 PM
Fenkit
i want proof! Even if he wasn’t my brother I’d still do the same! You’re an ungrateful old mangy cat who just wants to do harm although he was curious about his mother. He had never seen her but cats say she was a beauty beyond comparison. Still this didn’t make him any less loving towards the cat who died giving birth to him
soldier

Spartan-117
September 18th, 2023, 01:26 PM
Tobi

"She was the most beautiful cat I'd ever met. Her name was Morningdew - she was the only cat I had trouble with. She and I grew up togetehr as apprentices. We were so competitive and it was so fun. She was so spirited, smart, sarcastic and sweet... But she also had a few complications with her health. She had trouble running sometimes.

"You we're supposed to happen. You were the result of one night - shortly after we were made warriors - and she became so sick... I was with her for the entire time, only because we agreed to meet. We weren't caught - but I wish we would have.

"Because she would not have been dead. I... I really miss her, Fenkit." The sorrow in Snaggletooth's voice makes his voice sound rougher, and the sadness in his eyes is not the type used for benefit.

Burnetkit hesitates before he looks at the ground, signing slowly. 'What about... My mother...?'

Kass
September 18th, 2023, 01:58 PM
Fenkit
Thank the stars his sister wasn’t here…but his hopes soon died when a bright creamy almost white cat with gentle soft gray paws fell from the tree above them. MOTHKIT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE the white she cat glared at him. Huh? How dare I? What in great stars did I do?!

Mothkit
She had been listening in on the conversation for a while now tiny claws digging into the bark of the tree for dear life…then there came that evil stinky breeze and down down down she went! Landing in a pile of moss down below. Hearing her brothers loud yowl she flinched. ITS NOT MY FAULT YOU SMELLY FOX DUNG! she had spent too much time around the apprentices for her own good. And how dare you be mean to our dad! soldier

Spartan-117
September 18th, 2023, 02:07 PM
Tobi

The tom recoils slightly and stares at the other kit. Our... Dad...? His breathe hitches when he notices how much the little she-kit looks like Morningdew. "Hello. If I may ask, what is your name?" He asks as he looks down at his... Daughter.

Burnetkit looks at the other kit. she's my sister, too-? He asks himself before he looks at her, sniffing at her before recoiling slightly behind Fenkit. He wonders where his feather is now? The little blue one - not the others - just the blue one. The first one - the first gift Spottedfire has given him.

Kass
September 19th, 2023, 09:16 AM
mothkit
Mothkit turned to her father a bright smile on her face and a purr that shook her whole body. I’m mothkit! I’m gonna make my name mothdew after my mother. Ignore my incompetent brother he’s a fool. she shot a hot glare towards her brother’s. Turning her attention back towards snaggle her eyes bright with curiosity are you really our dad? Really really! That’s so cool! her tail swayed behind her as she padded up to stand directly in front of the large Tom cat. Fenny fenny! It’s our dad!

Fenkit
Mothkit was a pain in his tail. Get away from him he’s isn’t our dad we have no dad he never will be our dad! Get over here! he growled. His sister of course ignored him as always. Turning to burnetkit he smiled it’s ok…it’ll be over soon I promise you. of course he had no way of knowing how long they would be trapped here with him or what he’d do. At most just swat them around of toy with them like prey. Gritting his teeth he backed up a bit. You both…you’re crazy. Mothkit..get away..
soldier

Spartan-117
September 19th, 2023, 09:29 AM
Tobi

"Well, Mothkit. I love the fact that you want to be named after your mother. Morningdew was an amazing she-cat and warrior. She would have loved you two with all of her heart." Snaggletooth says before he looks at Fenkit. "If she wishes to speak with me, Fenkit, then she can. She is her own being."

Burnetkit nods his head to Fenkit's response before he pokes his head out and looks at Mothkit. He blinks his eyes and shakes his head again. How can anycat think he's worth speaking to-? He asks himself mentally.

Kass
September 19th, 2023, 09:39 AM
Mothkit
Ignore him! Ignore him! He’s just a stinky old badger! turning her gaze back to her father she nodded enthusiastically yep! Yep! I’m my own person! trying to make herself bigger like he father she changed stance only to fall face first. Oh dear! Oh dear! What an embarrassment!! scrambling back o her tiny paws she blinked a few times. Ha! See I’m already working on my stance! You don’t have one meanie fenkit. she stuck her tongue out at him.

Fenkit
He groaned inwardly. Great just great. This dark forest cat had her hooked. mothkit..know what forget it! Stay with the old geezer I’ll just take burnet and leave you here with him. she shot back hot headed. He stuck his tongue back out at her.
soldier

Spartan-117
September 19th, 2023, 12:42 PM
Tobi

He thinks about dismissing his sons. He now has a fixation on his daughter - Mothkit is so much like her mother that it is unimaginable. But her eyes, when they dart to look at him, are his eyes. Which he is glad - at least she is a mix of Morningdew and himself. And that makes him happy - if such a dark cat could be called happy.

Burnetkit kind of wishes that their father would dismiss him. That tom could never be his father - that place in his heart has already been taken over by Spottedfire. And no cat ever could replace his adopted father - he had found him when he needed the most help.

Kass
September 19th, 2023, 12:59 PM
Fenkit
Come on burnetkit we’re getting our tails out of here with that he turned and nudged his younger brother back through the bushes. A few moments later he woke up. He crawled out of his nest to go sleep with burnetkit.

Mothkit
She watched her brothers turn tail and leave. SCARDY CATS! SCARDY CATS! I’m braver I’m staying here in this dark spooky forest! Hehe! I’m braver! she yelled after them her bright blue eyes glimmering in the dark light. Dad I’m braver right? mothkit felt bad about her brother leaving. And so she began to pout. Shuffling her paws in the dirt below her she glanced around. Now that she got a good look…this place was scary!! She waddled backwards only to bump into her fathers paw. With a yelp she leapt into the air.
soldier

Spartan-117
September 19th, 2023, 01:13 PM
Tobi

He frowns as his sons leave. He then looks at Mothkit, and smiles softly at her. "Yes, Mothkit. You are so much braver than your brothers." He then closes his eyes and when he opens them, the softness is still there.

"Do you want to know more about your mother...?"

Burnetkit wakes, and he gasps. He then curls up closer to his brother and closes his eyes. that was scary. i never wanna go there again.

Kass
September 19th, 2023, 01:25 PM
Mothkit
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=6172&pictureid=42626
The fluffy she cat nodded vigorously again yes! Yes! I wanna know more about mama! I wanna know everything so I can be just like her! the small cat plopped herself down beside her father bright eyes sparkling with curiosity. I can’t wait to learn about mama! I wonder what she was like!
soldier

Spartan-117
September 19th, 2023, 01:33 PM
Tobi

He smiles at her and settles down for a story. "She was born to a small and close family. She was spirited and smart and brave - like you. As an apprentice, she mainly kept close to her family and a couple of friends until the first gathering she attended - I was three moons older but a little... Behind in my training." He lets out a soft laugh, smiling slightly.

"Morningpaw was kind of scared - but she walked strong, acted like she belonged. And no one questioned her until she sat beside me. The all eyes were on her - or so she said it felt. They were... Watching us, wondering how we knew each other.

But we didn't. She sat with me, she said, because I reminded her of a cat she used to know. His name was Nightpaw - and he went missing. I automatically assumed that he was her... First love, I guess."

He then stops and looks at Mothkit. "I am sorry, my child. I feel as if I'm going too far in depth for you. Are you bored with the story?"

Kass
September 19th, 2023, 01:37 PM
Mothkit

Mothkit listened closely to the story.. she had always been rather fond of story’s especially one about romance but now..well it was now a completely different story this time it was about her parents. Tucking herself down next to the rather large guy she smiled. Of course not! I rather enjoy stories! I love, love, love them! she mewed her blue eyes keen on keeping up with the story and situation. soldier

Spartan-117
September 19th, 2023, 02:06 PM
Tobi

Snaggletooth looks at Mothkit again before he looks at the ground with a soft smile. "Later, we agreed to meet often. Maybe every moon at the Gathering.

But when we became warriors, we agreed to meet more often. Her name turned to Morningdew. We then... Fell in love. But our loyalties were divided - our clans, and... Us. One time she was injured and I found her. We were together and I started to take care of her - for one night. Then she... Became pregnant.

With you and Fenkit.

We stopped meeting for a while, of course, and then I found out... She died,"

Kass
September 20th, 2023, 08:45 AM
Mothkit
7/20
her eyes lit up but the light soon faded. fenny said mama died because of us. That we should blame ourselves because of mamas death.. tears threatened to fall from her bright blue eyes. It’s not our fault and I’m sure she loved us very very much yet..I can’t help but blame myself because mama would be here if it wasn’t for me. tears fell from her eyes as she looked up at her father. Papa…I’m sorry I took mama away please forgive me.
soldier
(It makes me want to cry :sob: )

Spartan-117
September 20th, 2023, 08:53 AM
Tobi

He scoops her up with his paws and shakes his head as he closes his own eyes, tears threatening to blind him if he didn't. "It is not your fault, Mothkit." He murmurs under his breath. He holds his daughter close - as he should have done before today.

"Your mother would have loved you with all of her heart. It was StarClan that took her. She's watching you now, though... And I don't think she'd want you to cry."

He murmurs and opens his eyes. Snaggletooth wipes one of his daughter's tears away gently.

Kass
September 20th, 2023, 09:51 AM
Mothkit
8/20
Her sniffling seemed to quiet down after a while. But she still felt bad about what she had done to her mother. I wish I could’ve met her I really! Really do! she smiled at the thought of her mother loving her and being there for her and her brother in their life. Fenny feels worse about it than me…it’s why he’s always in a bad mood. she mewed quietly.
soldier

Spartan-117
September 20th, 2023, 11:12 AM
Tobi

The large ex-warrior nods his head and sighs slightly. "I see. Well, I never knew my mother." He mews quietly, curling up around his daughter. The other Dark Forest cats would laugh at him if - no, when - they seen this, his soft spot for his daughter, but he does not really care. If they want to harm her, or train her... Snaggletooth curls his tail protectively around her before he starts a ragged purring.

"If somecat ever hurts you, my child, tell me. Please." He mews quietly, laying his head on top of hers gently.

Kass
September 21st, 2023, 01:53 PM
Mothkit
She hesitates a moment before speaking. Papa do you know flameflower? He was mamas brother? He takes good care of us and I love him very very much but… she trails off. I feel like we take up to much of his time. He tries to do something but then we get in the way…I want to become a strong cat so he doesn’t have to always worry about me! she mewed the tears had stopped and in their place a look of firm determination took hold of him.
soldier

Spartan-117
September 21st, 2023, 02:10 PM
Tobi

He sees the determination and he smiles at his daughter before he nuzzles her gently. He feels thankful that his daughter is so independent - that fierce determination will serve her well in this world. it will become one of her greatest strengths, he knows, because it served him well in his own life.