PDA

View Full Version : Should I Go on Hiatus?

TheNyanCatMinecart
September 7th, 2023, 08:39 PM
Hello. I've been debating on whether I should go on hiatus for a while now. I want to, but at the same time, I don't... It's so hard to decide! So, I want to weigh the pros and cons and ask for your opinions. There's a poll above, but I'd also appreciate spoken advice. /gen /nf

PROS
- I'll get time to relax
- I won't worry about WCO
- I'll focus on finishing driver's ed and adjusting to the school year
- I'll hopefully gain my motivation back after a break (I've been feeling highly unmotivated and uninterested in my OCs, though I do care about them)

CONS
- I won't be able to participate in the battle event
- I won't be able to get Acornkit's Kit Curriculum stuff done as early as I want
- I won't be able to reply to multiple RPs; they'll be put off, so I'll be making people wait and also not be progressing other plots
- I'll have less time to get in Twistedpaw's post counts; she's been an apprentice for eight months and has ~50 posts

So, what are your thoughts? I can't decide! I feel like it would be an all-or-nothing scenario; for example, a partial hiatus would defeat the purpose because I'd still be thinking about and worrying over WCO. But if you think that would work best, don't hesitate to say so! I really, really need input. Sadly, I haven't been able to be as involved with WCO as I was in the past, and I've learned to accept that, as upsetting as it may be at times. I care about my characters; I really do. But I can't be as dedicated as I used to be due to my own personal motivation and time constraints.

BEAR.
September 7th, 2023, 08:43 PM
https://media.tenor.com/bXAKEBgc_D0AAAAC/do-it-what-are-you-waiting-for.gif

gs29513
September 7th, 2023, 08:54 PM
I don’t think it’d be a bad idea to go on hiatus, though ultimately it’s up to you. The times I’ve poofed temporarily have definitely increased my motivation when I came back! I didn’t think about WCO for a while, but then I started remembering stuff and rp’s I really enjoyed and then I ended up returning all raring to go. Ultimately real life probably should come first, and if replies are no longer fun to write that’s sort of losing the point of having fun and chilling with the battle cats.

On the cons, I don’t think they’ll ever be a time when there isn’t drama, Dawnstar’s got quite a few lives left so I’d imagine there will be battles aplenty a month from now as well! The kit curriculum stuff….what even is time on WCO honestly, I think it doesn’t exist IC half the time, which makes it more fun but also chaotic. The rp thing, I’m pretty sure I’m one of those, and you being chill and vibing as a person is way more important to me than Deadmoon and Wolffang being muddy together. I can’t really speak to the last one, but if you’re on hiatus I feel like no one’ll come after you or anything.

All that to say I think I’m casting my ballot in the ‘hiatus’ box TheNyanCatMinecart