PDA

View Full Version : WCO LGBT+ MONTH THREAD

graves
May 30th, 2017, 12:40 AM
Yo !! Since it is?almost pride month (June) I thought Id make this thread like I did last year. It explains a brief definition of the most common genders and sexuality out there. Like i said, most common, so please dont be angry if I did not list yours.
-
Acceptance isnt needed but tolerance is. People have certain religions that may not support the life style, but they support the person. You see? Its kinda like smoking. you wouldnt do it because if your morals, but you arent going to bash a person that does smoke. The same with homosexuals, you know ? Its not needed on WCO to accept everybody, but it is to tolerate.
I wanted to make this thread to educate. If a person doesnt use your pronouns, correct them instead of bashing them/making snarky comments.
-
Educate rather then harass. Thank you.

anyways, on to it !

SEXUALITY & ROMANTICS:

-The difference between these two is that sexuality has to deal with intimate interactions with a person and what you are comfortable with. Mainly based on your sex/genitalia physically, rather then your gender/what you indemnify with seeing as this is more of a physical desire.
-Romantic is mainly based on your gender/ personality, basically who you would date and have romantic interactions with.
- !! people can have different a sexuality then their romantic desires !!

Hetero: "different"
-Meaning you are only willing to have intimate interactions/romantic interactions with the person of your opposite sex/gender [girl/boy]
-The colors for this are black and white
-Nicknames: straight,hetero

Omni:
-having a preference to certain genders, but open to all. Similar to pan, but having preferences/leaning to a certain gender
-Colors are light pinks, blues, and purples

Bi: "two"
-only willing to have intimate interactions/romantic interactions with your same gender/sex, and the gender/sex opposite of you.
-This is different from pan because bi does NOT include agenders,transgenders, demis, ect. This is cis based.
-Colors for this are pink, purple, and blue
-Nicknames: bi

Pan:
-willing to have intimate interactions/romantice intercations with any gender/sex
-"genderblind" mainly look for personality rather then their physical components
-different from bi because this includes transgenders,agenders,demis, ect. everything
-Colors for this are yellow,pink, and blue
-Nicknames: Pan

Homo: "Same"
-Only willing to have intimate interactions/romantic interactions with the same gender/sex as your own
-Colors for this are the rainbow, all
-Nicknames: homo,gay

Sapphic:
-a female only willing to have intimate interactions/romantic interactions with another female
-a side term for the female lgbt+ community
-Commonly used to represent female homosexuality
-Colors for this are pinks, and whites
-Nicknames: Sapphics, gay, lesbian

Ace: [asexual,aromantic]
-Do not have ANY desire for intimate/ romantic interactions for ANYONE
-if this feel is temerrary, it can also be called "abstinence"
-Colors for this are greys, blacks,whites, and purple
-Nicknames: ace

Demi:
-Only being able to have intimate interactions/romantic interactions with someone you have a close connection to
-Colors are greys, whites, and yellow
-Nicknames: demis

Poly: "multiple"
-having an open relationship to have intimate interactions/ romantic interactions with anyone [open dating] and it not being serious, but having only one serious partner.
- CONSENT IS IMPORTANT FOR THIS, OR IT WOULD BE CONSIDERED CHEATING.
-Colors for this are pink, yellow, blue, and green
-Nicknames: Poly

Grey Ace:
-very rarely having a desire for intimate interactions/romantic interactions.
-colors for this are greys, and whites
-Nicknames: ace

Each sexuality colors and flags have meanings:

Blue- usually to represent the male gender
Pink- usually to represent the female gender
yellow- usually to represent other genders [genderfluids, agenders,demis, ect]
greys- lack of something
Black- not having any color, no desire for
whites- not having any color, lack of
Green: openness
Rainbow: happiness

GENDER & PRONOUNS:
gen·der
ˈjendər/Submit
noun
the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).
That is the official definition. Gender is based on social standards, not physical ones. Meaning, boys wear blue, girls wear pink,ect. That kind of thing. Your sex is what genitalia you have, something different then your gender.
-

Cis:
-the sex you were born with, not changing your body to change in anyway/ having a different gender then your sex.
-Pronouns: Ask, depends on the person

Trans: [female,male]
-Identifying as a different gender then what sex you were born with.
-These people may or may not have sex changes, depends on the person.
-Pronouns: ask, depends

Genderfluid:
-Feeling different/mulitple genders at different times.
-Pronouns may change. alter depending on the time.
-Pronouns: ask, but usually she/he/they is okay

Hermaphrodite:
-being born with both female and male sex organs
-yes this is possible !!
Pronouns: ask !!

Agender:
-not fitting in to any gender spectrum, having no gender
-Pronouns: they/them
-Nicknames: enby, non binary

Demi: [flux,girl,boy]
-not evenly identifying with one gender, but they might lean towards one more.
- Could be catagorized in the genderfluid section
-Pronouns: ask !

-

Please !! Ask a persons pronouns before you assume, saying "whats your gender" is sort of intimidating, so asking pronouns instead is a better way to go. People slip up with pronouns, its bound to happen, please dont expect everyone to be perfect. Educate, dont harass.

-

Anyways, I think this is pretty helpful and informative. If you have any questions, or I got something wrong, please tell me and ill correct it !!

Im personally a big lesbian who is genderfluid, what are you guys? Share your stories <3

Momotaro
May 30th, 2017, 01:02 AM
Can I just say that Woly did a wonderful Job explaining Polysexual people, as a lot of the time its taken the wrong way. Specifically the CONSENT IS IMPORTANT bit is very important~

also,

Im, GAAAAAAY

Or lesbian, considering my gender :>

rubinaito
May 30th, 2017, 04:39 PM
I am a lot of things. I usually say I am bisexual because a lot of people don't really get the difference between Pansexuality and Bisexuality. I am also gender-fluid, and it really depends on where I am and how I'm feeling.

Random Melody
May 30th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Well I thought I was Bisexual before XD

But now reading the definition of Pansexual, I think thats what I am. Good to know. Thanks Mum :heartbounce: <3 X3

rubinaito
May 30th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Well I thought I was Bisexual before XD

But now reading the definition of Pansexual, I think thats what I am. Good to know. Thanks Mum :heartbounce: <3 X3
Yay Mum, we're the same!

doghouse
May 30th, 2017, 04:51 PM
I'm Genderfluid and Pansexual Polyromantic ( although I'm not out anywhere but here ).

Poppyfrost
May 30th, 2017, 04:59 PM
:heartbounce: I'm just a smol straight :heartbounce:

Phoenix Flames
May 30th, 2017, 05:56 PM
Me, too, Skye! :3

Teggy
May 30th, 2017, 06:07 PM
You explained that all so well! I am Bi

ameko
May 30th, 2017, 06:22 PM
very well explained! i just have a few things that i'd like to point out:

you said that the temporary feeling of being ace/aro would be abstinence. abstinence from intimate behavior would likely be for religious reasons, which is a choice! only sometimes feeling a lack of sexual attraction/romantic attraction would be aroflux (romantically) or gray-asexual (also known as graysexual or gray-A).

also, there is polysexual/romantic, the attraction towards multiple genders! sorta like pan or bi, so it's kinda confusing.

EDIT:: you can also be trans non-binary! it's not limited to trans male/female.

--

i've always known that i've liked females since i was very young (5-6), due to various personal reasons and incidents in the past. i identified as a lesbian in 5th grade, and began dating this girl named ellie. from the end of 5th - the end of 6th grade, i started to think of myself as panromantic asexual, and i thought of myself as a demigirl. in 7th grade, i began to come out as lesbian to some people in my new junior high, which was received negatively //: i also identified as genderfluid, but only people online knew that.

just before 8th grade started, i told my mom that i was lesbian, and she accepted me with smiles and stuff. but, then skip forward a few months, and she forgot all about it lol and currently denies that i like females at all and that i'll "grow out of it"
so, now i think of myself as aroflux asexual and non-binary, though i'm unsure if i'm more masculine or feminine. it fluctuates, but i don't think i fit with the term "genderfluid".
i'm very lonely, but i don't really want a "romantic" relationship, y'feel? i kinda just want a squish. 1. In the asexual community, the equivalent of a "crush", but explicitly lacking an interest in forming a romantic couple or having a sexual relationship with the person in question. It does not matter if they are "in a relationship", as long as you two can have a deep connection. A squish is an intense feeling of attraction, liking, appreciation, admiration for a person you urgently want to get to know better and become close with. It is different from "just wanting to be friends" in that there is an intensity about it and a disproportionate sense of elation when they like and appreciate you back.
i'm out to a large majority of people at my school sexuality-wise (although they all think i'm lesbian instead of aro/ace, that's a new thing). only those online know of my gender identity!

Clover
May 30th, 2017, 06:24 PM
i'm a demi-flex aromantic asexual. basically, i may, incredibly rarely, develop a crush on someone who i have a close relationship with. i'm open to all genders; i'd just need to find someone really compatible with me who i admired. it's only happened once. and, i've never been interested sexually.

i've had one crush, my current one, on a girl who is just incredibly beyond words.

and, i'm also a demigirl! basically, im non-binary, but identify female enough to use she-her pronouns, though i prefer they-them

Crow
May 30th, 2017, 07:11 PM
i'm pan ace. i have a pretty strong female/not-male in general preference, though o:
i'm out to most of my new friends- those who knew me at my old school don't know. i'm also not out to my family yet, and probably won't come out for a while, even though i have a strong urge to whenever my dad says, "so, olivia, which boys do you like?" [i actually haven't liked a single boy since 5th grade but ok] sigh,, heteronormativity is the bane of my existence.

i don't,, exactly fit pan because i have such a strong preference which sort of makes me feel a bit invalid sometimes? bc i would date sO many of the girls and nb people at my school nd i'm not really into the idea of dating a guy any time soon lmao

Dust
May 30th, 2017, 11:20 PM
Hello my fellow queer individuals B) <3

I'm Transgender and identify as male. I'm also pansexual!

oats
May 31st, 2017, 11:51 AM
this thread is Gay, which meas i love it
but hiya!! tis i, your local gnc ( gender non-conforming ) lesbian B3
ive gone through a lot of labels! used to think i was a cis bi gal ( comp het :'c ) and then a cis panrom grey-ace ( this was like. early 2016 ) n thEn i discovered masculinity and went ???? with my identity but that was just a mess in general. anyway, i went with the label of being genderfluid for a while, but with the associations imposed on that, it didn't completely,, define me i the way i wanted it? so,,
my gender? gay. my sexuality? gay. my love for women ( and my gf <33 ) connects me to femininity, and i couldn't be happier to call myself sapphic now !
thats it im just vague :V

monfang
May 31st, 2017, 03:20 PM
❤❤❤ey your local frying pan...romantic polyamorous bisexual demigirl❤❤❤

❤❤❤knowing this placed most of y'all know what that means. Anyways, from a family laced with gays and bi's, I am obviously a proud lgbt+ supporter ❤❤❤

❤❤❤life is like chocolate. too sweet to push aside❤❤❤

Fel
May 31st, 2017, 04:44 PM
i'm nonbinary & gay

used to id as bi, though it wasn't based on cisgender people/excluding nonbinary genders and trans people in genral, just... two or more genders.

also used to id as ace, but it doesn't really fit me anymore.

i'm pretty happy with who i am now, thankfully, which is really nice!

graves
May 31st, 2017, 08:15 PM
i'm nonbinary & gay

used to id as bi, though it wasn't based on cisgender people/excluding nonbinary genders and trans people in genral, just... two or more genders.

also used to id as ace, but it doesn't really fit me anymore.

i'm pretty happy with who i am now, thankfully, which is really nice!

I have based bi on this definition
http://prntscr.com/feh3no

aleka!
May 31st, 2017, 08:30 PM
This is actually kind non-related to this thread, but some boys would call me 'lesbian' for literally no reason. Honestly, it didn't bother me because it's not exactly used to be offensive, so it's honestly not offensive to me.
I'm heterosexual, so.. yeah I do kind of feel like I don't really have a place on this thread, but at the same time, I guess I kind of do...

Dust
May 31st, 2017, 08:54 PM
This is actually kind non-related to this thread, but some boys would call me 'lesbian' for literally no reason. Honestly, it didn't bother me because it's not exactly used to be offensive, so it's honestly not offensive to me.
I'm heterosexual, so.. yeah I do kind of feel like I don't really have a place on this thread, but at the same time, I guess I kind of do...

While heterosexuality doesn't fall under the LGBT+ acronym, the premise of it is to preach acceptance and body/gender/etc positivity! As long as you feel comfortable as yourself, you're welcome to celebrate in the thread ^^

Stario&Co.
May 31st, 2017, 08:57 PM
Honestly, I'm not quite sure what I am. All my life I've been raised to like boys, so that's just how I went with it. Then I started having feelings for this girl I know. Sense I was attracted to both guys and girls, I just thought of myself and bisexual or pansexual. The problem is I kind of focus a lot on what others think of me, so I kind of forced my self to be hetero, or straight. Now My feelings kind of spiral, because I want to be free to like both genders, but I'm too afraid to.

appariitiion
May 31st, 2017, 09:04 PM
Honestly, I'm not quite sure what I am. All my life I've been raised to like boys, so that's just how I went with it. Then I started having feelings for this girl I know. Sense I was attracted to both guys and girls, I just thought of myself and bisexual or pansexual. The problem is I kind of focus a lot on what others think of me, so I kind of forced my self to be hetero, or straight. Now My feelings kind of spiral, because I want to be free to like both genders, but I'm too afraid to.
Don't force yourself to be something if you don't want to be. Trust me, I've had experience.
Don't be afraid of who you are! If your pansexual or bisexual, be proud about it!

vellichor
May 31st, 2017, 09:11 PM
I'm kind of struggling to figure out my sexuality. I used to think I was lesbian, but now I think I'm bisexual. And I'm (mentally) gender-fluid, though I actually identify as female. My friends don't know, my family doesn't know, really only online people know. And that's almost NO ONE I know personally irl. So... *shrugs* I really don't know.

I've been raised to be Herero, and that's what I've been up until 7th grade. Then, I started having feelings for a guy, which was normal. Now I have feelings for a girl, so I guess I'm Bi. But there is, like, a 0% chance I'm telling my parents. I mean, they are great parents, but I feel like I need to be 100% positive I am Bi before I tell them.

graves
May 31st, 2017, 09:21 PM
For people struggling, you are young. There is no rush, there is no due date to figure yourself out. learn yourself, love yourself, before you make that conclusion. Sexuality comes naturally is my belief, like how some girls like guys, some girls can like girls and have always been that way. born with it, you know ? not saying you have to figure it out when ur like,, 7 but, when you know, youll know. youll always have some supporters out there.
-

I started showing signs I liked girls in 6th grade. I had a crush on this girl named savvanah, she was pretty, sporty, and a tom boy. different then the other girls, but i liked that. i was scared because i didnt know how to feel, i didnt think i was normal at all. then my other friend, ill call her sarah, told me she was bi. explained what that was and i felt relieved. i told her about my crush and so i thought i was bi too. but i moved away from that school, so i pushed away the thought for a moment.
I then moved to another school for the rest/most of middle school, i dated a girl named jia. tom boy, short and cute. we were friends for two years before hand, and then we started dating in 8th grade. she then became a he, coming out as transmale, going by Cas instead. i was then show what pansexuality was and all that jazz, and decided i was pan. i didnt mind kisses him at all, felt nothing different,ect. i moved again, only 30 minutes away, we broke up though and i was in a different school. this is where i discovered i was a full homosexual/lesbian. i realized i had only had short puppy dog crushes on guys, never long lasting at all and i just never looked at guys like that. so i decided i was just,, gay. i like girls. since then, ive dated a few girls, but i think i have found the perfect girl for me whom is milo, or known as pupy on here. im no gay expert, or relationship expert, but im proud of who i am and who i loved fiercly. i haevnt come out to people besides my friends. my family things i am to young to make the choice, but i know who i am. i plan to come out to them soon, maybe next year if i can work up the courage. but for now, im okay, and if they dont accept me for who i am? ill leave.

Serendipity
May 31st, 2017, 09:52 PM
Same!!! Although I sometimes feel a little 'boyish', more than just the normal tomboy way. I only have 'boy days' every 4 months so I don't consider myself genderfluid. I also don't change my pronouns for those days, so ye :D

oats
May 31st, 2017, 10:03 PM
For people struggling, you are young. There is no rush, there is no due date to figure yourself out. learn yourself, love yourself, before you make that conclusion. Sexuality comes naturally is my belief, like how some girls like guys, some girls can like girls and have always been that way. born with it, you know ? not saying you have to figure it out when ur like,, 7 but, when you know, youll know. youll always have some supporters out there.
-

I started showing signs I liked girls in 6th grade. I had a crush on this girl named savvanah, she was pretty, sporty, and a tom boy. different then the other girls, but i liked that. i was scared because i didnt know how to feel, i didnt think i was normal at all. then my other friend, ill call her sarah, told me she was bi. explained what that was and i felt relieved. i told her about my crush and so i thought i was bi too. but i moved away from that school, so i pushed away the thought for a moment.
I then moved to another school for the rest/most of middle school, i dated a girl named jia. tom boy, short and cute. we were friends for two years before hand, and then we started dating in 8th grade. she then became a he, coming out as transmale, going by Cas instead. i was then show what pansexuality was and all that jazz, and decided i was pan. i didnt mind kisses him at all, felt nothing different,ect. i moved again, only 30 minutes away, we broke up though and i was in a different school. this is where i discovered i was a full homosexual/lesbian. i realized i had only had short puppy dog crushes on guys, never long lasting at all and i just never looked at guys like that. so i decided i was just,, gay. i like girls. since then, ive dated a few girls, but i think i have found the perfect girl for me whom is milo, or known as pupy on here. im no gay expert, or relationship expert, but im proud of who i am and who i loved fiercly. i haevnt come out to people besides my friends. my family things i am to young to make the choice, but i know who i am. i plan to come out to them soon, maybe next year if i can work up the courage. but for now, im okay, and if they dont accept me for who i am? ill leave.
<333

Ludicrous Lunacy
May 31st, 2017, 10:04 PM
Who wants the list of what ludi identified with before they figured themself out... mostly

Also one thing I've noticed is when I like someone, my gender unconsciously leans towards the side of the scale they're into before I even know their orientation--I'm feminine nonbinary though so I do not switch to anything masculine. woot.

I feel confused now.

Anyway the list in chronological order of what I identified as

Genders
(Note: My sex is FEMALE)
Female
Demigirl
Female again
Demigirl again
Agender
Demiagaender (I started making up words hah)
Demifemale demiagender
Demi (thats it)
Demiflux
Feminine flux
Agender (one more time!)
Genderflux (finally)

Orientation
(Some were when I still labeled myself as cis bc I didn't know the words, n is panflux even an acceptable orientation or like... also my sexual and romantic orientations mirror each other nearly exactly with only the fact I lean towards feminine and partially feminine people romantically.)
Heterosexual
Homosexual
Bisexual
Pansexual
Flux
Pansexual
Panflux (is that a real thing??)

Don't get me started on stories hah

N since ludi is a sniveling coward they intend to try to live their whole life in the closet about their gender since it may do more harm than good anyway n also... society

Hexict
June 1st, 2017, 08:15 AM
As some of you may know (because i'm quite open about it) I'm Asexual Panromantic (ace / panro)

I've figured this out probably about a year ago, and had previously believed myself to be Bisexual Biromantic after forming a crush on my same-sex friend. Though after realizing that I don't care about the gender and just the person, I realized that I was Panromantic and sexual content makes me uncomfortable so I'm Asexual X3.

So that's some of the reasons I fit into the LGBT+ community :bounce:

:colorwah:

graves
June 5th, 2017, 12:44 PM
bump !

meraki
June 5th, 2017, 02:22 PM
thank you soso much for making this! i've always been aware of the basics, but now i understand completely.

currently i'm questioning my sexuality? leaning towards pan but due to very bad anxiety issues,coming out may turn out to be a bit of a problem, as my anxiety can lead me to hyperventilate, cry, or sometimes pass out. while my parents are LGBTQ supportive, i don't know how they'd react to me coming out. you hear all these stories of parents rejecting their children for it, and not many of the good stories so that freaks me out. also, i want to be positive with my belief before i come out, because the more i change it, the more my parents will believe it's a phase. i want them to know that it being a phase is a possibility, but don't want it to be treated as such.

know what i mean?

i currently have a crush on a guy, but there is also someone on my bus who is actually really cute, although i don't know them very well, nor do i know their pronouns. or sexual preferences. so idk. maybe i just think they are a very pretty individual? i wouldn't call it a crush as i don't know much about them so.

graves
June 6th, 2017, 06:07 PM
thank you soso much for making this! i've always been aware of the basics, but now i understand completely.

currently i'm questioning my sexuality? leaning towards pan but due to very bad anxiety issues,coming out may turn out to be a bit of a problem, as my anxiety can lead me to hyperventilate, cry, or sometimes pass out. while my parents are LGBTQ supportive, i don't know how they'd react to me coming out. you hear all these stories of parents rejecting their children for it, and not many of the good stories so that freaks me out. also, i want to be positive with my belief before i come out, because the more i change it, the more my parents will believe it's a phase. i want them to know that it being a phase is a possibility, but don't want it to be treated as such.

know what i mean?

i currently have a crush on a guy, but there is also someone on my bus who is actually really cute, although i don't know them very well, nor do i know their pronouns. or sexual preferences. so idk. maybe i just think they are a very pretty individual? i wouldn't call it a crush as i don't know much about them so.
I do, the only way I can give advice is to experiment you know? go through general questions like, would you look at a guy the same way youd look at a girl? and those types of questions. There is no rush to figure yourself out, i know so many people are coming out and theres alot more lgbt+ people in the public now more often that at times you may question yourself. just think it through, if you feel comfortable, tell your parents you are atleast questioning your sexuality, nothing is permanent but you are just thinking beyond what youve been raised to believe. there is no rush, an its best to come out when 100% ready to so you are confident in yourself, and if they dont accept you or dont accept you the way you want to, have a back up support system. friends,guidance teachers, coaches, ect. someone else to lean on so you dont feel alone you know ? itll all come in due time, and when it happens dont be afraid to tell the world !! c:

[if you ever need to talk, im always here for you aswel <3]

Mayflower
June 12th, 2017, 10:41 AM
This is like the same thing that's been happening with me. My friends would always ask who I liked and I'd always say no one because it was true, but they never believed me. They know about lgbt+ as they should (I mean, my chorus teacher's lesbian) but they seem to think it can't happen to kids like us, in seventh grade. They're great friends, but I sadly don't trust any of them enough to spill like this because of myself questioning who I liked. Sometimes I wouldn't like anyone at all for a good year, but then I started noticing how pretty some of the girls at my school were and like maybe two boys because they were nice and chill people. It's just so confusing currently and I just... ugh.

This thread actually helped a lot woly :heartbounce::heartbounce: thank you for making this

Mayflower
June 12th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Should I bump this orrrrrrrrr~

graves
June 15th, 2017, 11:55 PM
I'm not afraid,
To take a stand,
Everybody,
Come take my hand,
We'll walk this road together, through the storm,
Whatever weather, cold or warm,
Just letting you know that you're not alone,
Holler if you feel like you've been down the same road.
-
Last year, on June 12th in Orlando 49 people were killed, and 51 were injured in the gay bar named Pulse by Omar Mateen. Ths was a huge major loss, and made it apparent that hate crime our still happening. Usually pride parades happen on the 16th, which is why Im saying it now. Do not let these type of people make you scared. Do not make these people make you ashamed as you walk out of the door everyday. Be proud of who you are. You love who you love, and are who you are. You can not change that. It disgusts me that someone would do this, that people are killed simply for being proud and willing to show who they are. It hurts me. Its been a year and I still remember when it was first aired on the news. People think pride month may be a waste, but they dont get it. They may not get what things we have to deal with, to accept ourselves, and accept that not everyone in the world will accept us. People like this. Not everyone will except LGBT+ people, it may never happen nowadays. But always remember to never be ashamed to be who you are. Dont be scared to question yourself. Dont be ashamed to ask questions, and if any of you need anyone to talk to Im always here.

I just. I cannot express to you what a blow this had on the LGBT+ community. Were streets safe? Were people going to be able to celebrate on parades without the feelings of fear of being shot? I want you to image for a second, not being able to express yourself in fear of your life. Because someone out there might disagree with you, and end your life. Those were 49 innocent people. They had families. They had childhoods. It was their month to feel like something, to express who they are and who they love. To be proud. To have PRIDE. I dont know why humans can be so evil. But its sickening to think people are mrdering others simply becaus of what they are into when it wouldnt affect their lives. In summery. Dont let those types of people win. Be proud.
Have PRIDE.

Stand up for who you are, no matter what comes at us.