PDA

View Full Version : Safe Meadow (Open to All)

doghouse
November 2nd, 2016, 03:53 AM
The safe meadow is a large field, full of prey and safe for all.
Ref (https://theromeexperienceblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/beautiful-countryside-outside-town-of-norcia.jpg?w=450)

If a cruel cat winds up here, they're chased out as soon as possible though.

doghouse
November 2nd, 2016, 07:19 AM
Apurva sat near the edge of the field, her gaze fixed on the clouds as they blew past. The large molly stood and flicked her ears. She was rather bored, and decided to do something. Her red black and white fur gleamed as it caught the light, then the molly ran. She raced into the tall grasses, jumping now and then so she could see where she was heading. She saw only tall hills, settling on the horizon. She saw movement ahead and stopped. Apurva saw a rabbit, and she ran harder, racing after it, her fur flickering in the breeze.

BlueFeather
November 2nd, 2016, 07:27 AM
In the distance at a twoleg's nest was close but very different then most. a ManCoon walks out with a small feather on her tail that's tyed to a leather strap. the Feline walks around and goes off to a hill curious and enchanted of where she is. then padded to a tall rock. The ManCoon Climbed onto the rock and looked over at the distance.. The cat just breathed in the Fresh air as her light golden fur brushed through the breeze.. "What a beautiful place. I'm glad we traveled here.... I wonder if the legends are true." the Cat meowed to herself.

doghouse
November 2nd, 2016, 07:35 AM
The rabbit swerved and dove down its hole, and the molly stopped, panting from her run. All around her, grass rustled, birds sang, and the breeze howled. She sat down and closed her eyes, just enjoying the place she temporarily lived. Then she thought she heard a distant meowing, carried far by the breeze. Interested, Apurva looked around, sitting back on her haunches to peer over the tall stalks of grass that surrounded her.

BlueFeather
November 2nd, 2016, 07:52 AM
The Cat just looked up at the sky and wondered.. she meowed to herself. "Do the clans actually exist..? or was it storys...? I don't know.. but ill find out tomorrow.. today is just a rest day..." the mancoon lays down and starts to take a small nap..

Bram246
November 2nd, 2016, 07:58 AM
Jungle ran across the meadow. She would have ran for fun but she was running after a squirrel. She bit the squirrels tail but all she got was fur as it ran. The prey zig zagged as Jungle kept trying to catch it. The squirrel tripped and Jungle rolled as she caught it. The squirrels body was in Jungle's mouth as it slowly died. She panted,"I hate chasing squirrels."

doghouse
November 2nd, 2016, 09:37 AM
The sleek furred molly saw a cat facing after a squirrel, and she let out an amused purr, her green eyes bright. But then, looking up on the hill, she noticed a second cat, a large golden furred molly. The second cat was sleeping. She turned her attention back to the other cat, who had finally caught and killed the squirrel. Apurva stood, her broad shoulders making her appear more tom-like, especially when added with the muscles that rippled under her glossy red black and white fur. She bounded toward the sleeping molly, racing up the hill on long legs. She raised a paw and prodded the cat in the side. "Hey, you shouldn't sleep here. There's a rather territorial groundhog that lives just over there." She pointed with her tail at the entrance to a hole.

BlueFeather
November 2nd, 2016, 09:48 AM
The feline slightly woke up and looked at the cat. she meows. "Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't know... I just traveled with my family... so... I'm not fully familier to this place." the cat gets down padded over excited. she meows interested. "Who are you? are you apart of the legends my mother speaks of..? do you really live out here..?" The Feline just flooded the cat with questions..

Bram246
November 2nd, 2016, 09:49 AM
Jungle ate her squirrel as she saw two cats talking.

doghouse
November 2nd, 2016, 10:06 AM
Apurva took a surprised step back, not sure quite how to answer all these questions. "Thats okay. And I'm Apurva." She dipped her head on greeting. She sat down, interested. "What lengends? And yes, I live out here, though I didn't used to." The young she-cat was barely containing her excitement. It'd been a long time since she'd seen another friendly face. "Now for my question. Who are you?" She tilted her head quizzically after she'd spoken that question.

BlueFeather
November 2nd, 2016, 10:08 AM
Apurva took a surprised step back, not sure quite how to answer all these questions. "Thats okay. And I'm Apurva." She dipped her head on greeting. She sat down, interested. "What lengends? And yes, I live out here, though I didn't used to." The young she-cat was barely containing her excitement. It'd been a long time since she'd seen another friendly face. "Now for my question. Who are you?" She tilted her head quizzically after she'd spoken that question.

The feline sat down and meowed as she calmed down. "Sorry for all the questions... I Ailen.. and the legends of four clans of warriors ive herd of.. but yeah."

doghouse
November 2nd, 2016, 10:16 AM
"It's no problem, honest." Apurva meowed gently. "Oh! You mean the Clans? No. I'm not from them. I used to be a kittypet. But I've been around there. Actually, I've been chased out once or twice. All depends on what Clan." She tilted her head, blinking. "Why do you ask?"

Bram246
November 2nd, 2016, 10:31 AM
Jungle stood up with her half eaten squirrel in her mouth. She walked over to the two cats.

BlueFeather
November 3rd, 2016, 03:08 AM
"i always wanted to be one when I was younger... but I thought it was just a myth." the cat meowed.

doghouse
November 3rd, 2016, 04:14 AM
"Ah. I too have always wondered what it'd be like to live in a Clan." Apurva meowed. "And, no. Not a myth, though some don't believe there should be Clans." She turned to see another molly come over, the one that'd caught the squirrel. "Hi." She meowed, waving her tail in greeting. She still had half the squirrel hanging from her jaws, and Apurva found the way it made her look rather amusing.

Bram246
November 3rd, 2016, 08:20 AM
Jungle smiled and dropped the squirrel,"Hi! I'm Jungle!"

. beachtide .
November 14th, 2016, 05:56 PM
[Just gonna make a new cat here, don't mind me XD]

Melody padded though the open meadow looking up at the clouded skies, a smile growing on her face as she padded on carelessly, stopping by every flower to sniff at it,once in a while licking at then shaking her head in disgust. I thought flowers would taste better, she thought sternfully, continuing her way across the bright green meadow, the soft grass brushing against her delicate paws.

FOXXRR
November 14th, 2016, 09:53 PM
(and I SUMMON MY GREAT CAT!))
Talon moved silently across the tall grass. He relied on his smelling senses as the grass shuffled(?) around him, rendering his hearing useless. He growled his way through the infinite grass. "why does it have to be so LARGE!" He growled to himself, clearly lost.

Ivyshade
November 15th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Thistle entered the area, noticing from the scent markers that this land belonged to another feline but not really caring. It's probably some old geezer who thinks that he's the king of the forest, she thought, amused. She froze when she sensed other cats nearby and quickly crawled underneath a bush, tucking her fluffy tail in after her.

FOXXRR
November 15th, 2016, 10:49 PM
Talon ran. He had no idea where he was except that he was in a noisy grass patch. He sensed the end getting closer. Excited, he ran forwards, he turned right, he ran again, he turned lef-BAM! Pain shot through his head as he crashed into a cat inside what felt like a bush.

Ivyshade
November 15th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Talon ran. He had no idea where he was except that he was in a noisy grass patch. He sensed the end getting closer. Excited, he ran forwards, he turned right, he ran again, he turned lef-BAM! Pain shot through his head as he crashed into a cat inside what felt like a bush.
(What a way to interact, haha)
Thistle hissed in alarm as another cat whammed into her head-on. She fell backwards onto her side and lay there, dazed for a few moments. When she had recovered she glared at the other cat toxically. "Watch where you're going! What do you think I am, a stupid dog?" She tried to spring to her paws to prance away but collapsed again, still dizzy from the collision.

FOXXRR
November 15th, 2016, 11:01 PM
(What a way to interact, haha)
Thistle hissed in alarm as another cat whammed into her head-on. She fell backwards onto her side and lay there, dazed for a few moments. When she had recovered she glared at the other cat toxically. "Watch where you're going! What do you think I am, a stupid dog?" She tried to spring to her paws to prance away but collapsed again, still dizzy from the collision.
Talon gave a surprised yelp and tried to determine the cat's position. His senses were blurred so when he tried to jab at the cat, he ended up hitting something hard. Feeling the object he just jabbed, it was a tree. He backed away in confusion, only to tread on the other cat's tail by accident.

Ivyshade
November 15th, 2016, 11:06 PM
Talon gave a surprised yelp and tried to determine the cat's position. His senses were blurred so when he tried to jab at the cat, he ended up hitting something hard. Feeling the object he just jabbed, it was a tree. He backed away in confusion, only to tread on the other cat's tail by accident.
Thistle squealed in pain as the other cat tread on her tail and kicked out at him with her back legs, snarling all the while.

FOXXRR
November 15th, 2016, 11:14 PM
Thistle squealed in pain as the other cat tread on her tail and kicked out at him with her back legs, snarling all the while.
Talon tried to get out of the way but moved too late as the air got knocked out of his chest. He fell on the ground, gasping for breath, trying yet again to spot where the other cat is.

Ivyshade
November 15th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Talon tried to get out of the way but moved too late as the air got knocked out of his chest. He fell on the ground, gasping for breath, trying yet again to spot where the other cat is.
Thistle huffed and forced herself to her feet, beginning to get a headache from the encounter. Stupid fur-ball! She thought angrily. I'm gonna be sore for days because of him! She glanced back in his direction through narrowed eyes and then began to stumble off, hissing bad-temperedly.

FOXXRR
November 15th, 2016, 11:25 PM
Thistle huffed and forced herself to her feet, beginning to get a headache from the encounter. Stupid fur-ball! She thought angrily. I'm gonna be sore for days because of him! She glanced back in his direction through narrowed eyes and then began to stumble off, hissing bad-temperedly.
Talon heard the hiss, and realized it was getting farther and farther away. Predicting where the cat is, he ran towards the cat, yowling, "Hey, wait up! I'm sorry!"

Ivyshade
November 15th, 2016, 11:29 PM
Talon heard the hiss, and realized it was getting farther and farther away. Predicting where the cat is, he ran towards the cat, yowling, "Hey, wait up! I'm sorry!"
Thistle lashed her tail, half hoping that it would hit the other cat and half hoping that it wouldn't, as it was still pretty sore. She whipped around to glare at him and spat. "Leave me alone! Can't you see you've done enough?!"

FOXXRR
November 16th, 2016, 12:04 AM
Thistle lashed her tail, half hoping that it would hit the other cat and half hoping that it wouldn't, as it was still pretty sore. She whipped around to glare at him and spat. "Leave me alone! Can't you see you've done enough?!"
Talon skidded to a stop right in front of cat, almost ramming into the cat again. He realized that the cat was much closer than what he had predicted. "I'm sorry for running into you and treading on you" He apologized.

Ivyshade
November 16th, 2016, 06:38 AM
Talon skidded to a stop right in front of cat, almost ramming into the cat again. He realized that the cat was much closer than what he had predicted. "I'm sorry for running into you and treading on you" He apologized.
Thistle stopped as the tom blocked her way and flattened her ears. "Okay, you've apologized. I'll call this an accident this time, if that makes you feel any better. Now get out of my way."

doghouse
November 16th, 2016, 06:47 AM
(And this thread lives again! Though I must use a different cat)
Deadspirit bounded through the tall grass, her head held low and her claws unsheathed. She heard a few growls and sat back on her haunches so she could see over the grass better. She caught sight of two cats, one seemed angry. She sighed and dropped into a crouch. She crept silently through the grass, her orange eyes gleaming like flames when the shadows and sunlight mixing together dappled her face. The long legged black rogue slipped silently through the tall stalks of grass.

FOXXRR
November 16th, 2016, 11:19 AM
Thistle stopped as the tom blocked her way and flattened her ears. "Okay, you've apologized. I'll call this an accident this time, if that makes you feel any better. Now get out of my way."
"Wait" Talon got confused, "I'm in front of you?" He never knew he was in front of the cat. His other senses were not doing a great job at determining position. He tilted his head as he sensed another cat aproaching, but chose to ignore the concern

Ivyshade
November 16th, 2016, 12:16 PM
"Wait" Talon got confused, "I'm in front of you?" He never knew he was in front of the cat. His other senses were not doing a great job at determining position. He tilted his head as he sensed another cat aproaching, but chose to ignore the concern
(Whoops sorry about that in my defense I was tired last night XD)
Thistle unsheathed her claws, prepared to claw the Tom down if she had to. "Are you insane? I'm right here aren't I?"

doghouse
November 16th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Deadspirit stopped, her eyes dark. She stepped forward, her short black pelt rippling with muscle. Her claws were unsheathed, but her head was down and her ears pricked forwards. She noticed that the tom seemed very confused. Just her head was visible through the tall own and green grasses.

FOXXRR
November 16th, 2016, 01:53 PM
(Whoops sorry about that in my defense I was tired last night XD)
Thistle unsheathed her claws, prepared to claw the Tom down if she had to. "Are you insane? I'm right here aren't I?"
Deadspirit stopped, her eyes dark. She stepped forward, her short black pelt rippling with muscle. Her claws were unsheathed, but her head was down and her ears pricked forwards. She noticed that the tom seemed very confused. Just her head was visible through the tall own and green grasses.
(S'kay, I'm in school)
Talon frowned to whatever direction he was facing, "I am not insane, I'm just clumsy at the moment." His hearing was getting better, and realized there was a third cat. Looking at where he predicted was the cat, he called out, "Hey, are you going to introduce yourself or are you just going to stand there?"

Ivyshade
November 16th, 2016, 04:26 PM
(S'kay, I'm in school)
Talon frowned to whatever direction he was facing, "I am not insane, I'm just clumsy at the moment." His hearing was getting better, and realized there was a third cat. Looking at where he predicted was the cat, he called out, "Hey, are you going to introduce yourself or are you just going to stand there?"
Thistle rolled her eyes, beginning to cool off slightly. The whole thing did appear to be an accident, after all... She let out a short breath. "Okay okay I'm sorry for losing it," she muttered. "You just startled me, that's all."

FOXXRR
November 16th, 2016, 04:42 PM
Thistle rolled her eyes, beginning to cool off slightly. The whole thing did appear to be an accident, after all... She let out a short breath. "Okay okay I'm sorry for losing it," she muttered. "You just startled me, that's all."
"Well... I'm Talon, nice to meet you" He said, trying to find the cat. He stared towards the tree, thinking it was a cat.

Ivyshade
November 16th, 2016, 04:47 PM
"Well... I'm Talon, nice to meet you" He said, trying to find the cat. He stared towards the tree, thinking it was a cat.
(Woah they really bumped heads!)
Thistle couldn't resist laughing a little at this. "Are you sure? I just tried to claw your throat out." She flicked her tail good-naturedly, the pain already subsiding. "I'm Thistle." She cocked her head a little as she noticed that he wasn't even looking at her. "Er...hello?"

dino.
November 16th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Name: Jay
Appearance: http://grotonanimalfoundation.org/new/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/missing-photo-wpcf_224x300.jpg
Personality: blood-thirsty, cunning, influenceing
Other: Walks into the meadow, acting like he's a good cat but in truth he's the former leader of a twoleg place rogue group and out for revenge, no one knows though (that's ok, right?)

FOXXRR
November 16th, 2016, 05:13 PM
(Woah they really bumped heads!)
Thistle couldn't resist laughing a little at this. "Are you sure? I just tried to claw your throat out." She flicked her tail good-naturedly, the pain already subsiding. "I'm Thistle." She cocked her head a little as she noticed that he wasn't even looking at her. "Er...hello?"
Talon quickly turned towards the sound. "Oh sorry" he apologized. He hated himself for still being unable to determine Tristle's position.

Ivyshade
November 16th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Talon quickly turned towards the sound. "Oh sorry" he apologized. He hated himself for still being unable to determine Tristle's position.
(OH he's blind...I'm such a mouse-brain for not realizing that sooner)
Thistle realized with a jolt that the tom must be blind, as he still was not looking directly at her. "Oh my gosh, I didn't realize..." she exclaimed, feeling her ears flush up with embarrassment. Nice going Thistle. You just beat up a blind cat. What's next, should I go target some poor defenseless kits next? She thought to herself bitterly.

FOXXRR
November 16th, 2016, 06:08 PM
(OH he's blind...I'm such a mouse-brain for not realizing that sooner)
Thistle realized with a jolt that the tom must be blind, as he still was not looking directly at her. "Oh my gosh, I didn't realize..." she exclaimed, feeling her ears flush up with embarrassment. Nice going Thistle. You just beat up a blind cat. What's next, should I go target some poor defenseless kits next? She thought to herself bitterly.
"Didn't realize what?" Talon asked, tilting his head to the side in confusion. 'Does Thristle already know I'm blind?' He asked himself, 'hope not.'

Ivyshade
November 16th, 2016, 09:37 PM
"Didn't realize what?" Talon asked, tilting his head to the side in confusion. 'Does Thristle already know I'm blind?' He asked himself, 'hope not.'
"Well...that you're, you know..." Thistle looked away, not sure how to go on.

FOXXRR
November 16th, 2016, 10:00 PM
"Well...that you're, you know..." Thistle looked away, not sure how to go on.
"Umm...." Talon really didn't know whether the cat knew about his blindness. He didn't notice the cat looking away.

Ivyshade
November 16th, 2016, 10:16 PM
"Umm...." Talon really didn't know whether the cat knew about his blindness. He didn't notice the cat looking away.
Thistle put her head on one side, beginning to become a little irked that she had to spell everything out for this tom. "Erm...you are blind, right? I just assumed that because, well...you're not looking at me. My brother was partially blind and that's how he was so..." She cut herself off and began to back away. "I'm sorry, I probably should just leave."

FOXXRR
November 16th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Thistle put her head on one side, beginning to become a little irked that she had to spell everything out for this tom. "Erm...you are blind, right? I just assumed that because, well...you're not looking at me. My brother was partially blind and that's how he was so..." She cut herself off and began to back away. "I'm sorry, I probably should just leave."
'OH NO! Thristle knows!' Talon thought, panic rushing though him. "N-no, don't leave!" He said desperately, not sure why he did that though.

Ivyshade
November 16th, 2016, 10:41 PM
'OH NO! Thristle knows!' Talon thought, panic rushing though him. "N-no, don't leave!" He said desperately, not sure why he did that though.
Thistle stopped reluctantly. "O-okay, I guess. But I probably should be going now, this isn't my territory anyway. I was just passing through..."

FOXXRR
November 16th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Thistle stopped reluctantly. "O-okay, I guess. But I probably should be going now, this isn't my territory anyway. I was just passing through..."
"I have nowhere to go though" Talon said, "the grass patch feels safe" even though it is very annoying he added silently, remembering his previous experience.

Ivyshade
November 16th, 2016, 10:50 PM
"I have nowhere to go though" Talon said, "the grass patch feels safe" even though it is very annoying he added silently, remembering his previous experience.
"But we just met!" Thistle burst, looking down at her gray and orange paws. "I mean...I guess I can stay, for a little anyways. Is...are there any good places to hunt around here?"

FOXXRR
November 16th, 2016, 11:05 PM
"But we just met!" Thistle burst, looking down at her gray and orange paws. "I mean...I guess I can stay, for a little anyways. Is...are there any good places to hunt around here?"
"I don't know, but I think this place is swarming with prey." Talon replied, "I've only been in there once"

Ivyshade
November 17th, 2016, 07:26 AM
"I don't know, but I think this place is swarming with prey." Talon replied, "I've only been in there once"
"Okay then," she decided softly. She was surprised that the other cat even wanted to be around her, let alone want her to stay here. And I'm staying? She thought to herself. I don't even know this cat! But...he's the only one that's ever wanted me somewhere, so... She gave her fur a shake then looked up at the other cat. "So...where should we go then?"

FOXXRR
November 17th, 2016, 03:33 PM
"Okay then," she decided softly. She was surprised that the other cat even wanted to be around her, let alone want her to stay here. And I'm staying? She thought to herself. I don't even know this cat! But...he's the only one that's ever wanted me somewhere, so... She gave her fur a shake then looked up at the other cat. "So...where should we go then?"
"Um… wern't we going in the grass patch?" Talon said, stopping. He felt the grass calmly wavering beside him, telling him that he was halfway into the long grass patch.

Ivyshade
November 17th, 2016, 05:38 PM
"Um… wern't we going in the grass patch?" Talon said, stopping. He felt the grass calmly wavering beside him, telling him that he was halfway into the long grass patch.
"Oh, um...okay." She followed the other cat, thinking to herself how odd the whole situation was.

FOXXRR
November 17th, 2016, 08:32 PM
"Oh, um...okay." She followed the other cat, thinking to herself how odd the whole situation was.
Talon walked into the grass, and soon realized what he was doing wrong. He was blind, the sound of the grass was covering his hearing, and his sense of smell wasn't great at the moment. He stopped and turned around, not able to predict where he was going. He stopped and tried to think a way out.

Ivyshade
November 17th, 2016, 08:36 PM
Talon walked into the grass, and soon realized what he was doing wrong. He was blind, the sound of the grass was covering his hearing, and his sense of smell wasn't great at the moment. He stopped and turned around, not able to predict where he was going. He stopped and tried to think a way out.
Thistle saw the other cat's hesitation and immediately felt her ears burn with embarrassment. He's blind you moron. How do you expect him to lead you anywhere? She passed in front of him, tentatively lying her tail on his shoulder. "Here, I can find a way around."

FOXXRR
November 17th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Thistle saw the other cat's hesitation and immediately felt her ears burn with embarrassment. He's blind you moron. How do you expect him to lead you anywhere? She passed in front of him, tentatively lying her tail on his shoulder. "Here, I can find a way around."
"Oh, thank you" Talon said, letting out a sigh of relief. At least he had Tristle who wasn't as useless as him and knew directions around this grassland.

Ivyshade
November 17th, 2016, 09:19 PM
"Oh, thank you" Talon said, letting out a sigh of relief. At least he had Tristle who wasn't as useless as him and knew directions around this grassland.
Thistle carefully steered her unlikely companion around dips in the ground and anything else that might trip him up, fighting back painful memories of her brother. A few minutes later they reached a sheltered spot where the ground lowered into a shallow bowl. The grass on the rim of this bowl was so tall that the wind had blown it over. The end result was a sheltered burrow-like structure, with a grass roof and sandy floor. Thistle stopped just outside, removing her tail from Talon's shoulder. "I think this place will work for shelter," she mused out loud. What do you think?" She quickly described it for him and then added, "I mean, I know you can't see it, but what about your other senses? Like, is there a fox waiting inside to eat me?"