PDA

View Full Version : Clanwide Mentions

Ian
June 30th, 2023, 10:21 PM
Hello everyone! The Staff Team is once again bringing you another update :lovesquee:

We are pleased to introduce the Clanwide Mentions system! Just like alternate roleplays, the Clans now have usergroups you can opt in and out of. Opting in to a Clan will give you a notification when the clanwide mentions are used.

As a reminder, clanwide mentions can only be used by High Ranks unless you are given by permission by them or a staff member. The ONLY exception is for events run by members, though they should not be abused even in this context.

As this feature is very new, there is a chance you may encounter some sort of bug! If so, please immediately report this to staff so it can be promptly handled. If you have any questions/concerns about this feature, please feel free to reach out to staff via a support ticket!

Important Note: This update will not go live until after 3am EST/2am CST/12am PST. The forums will be in maintenance while this feature gets implemented, which means you will not be able to access the site.

Once maintenance is over, you'll be able to opt into the different usergroups! To do this, go to the User Control Panel, then click on Group Memberships. Once there, select the groups you want to opt into and click join groups!

BEAR.
June 30th, 2023, 11:50 PM
Can't wait, I don't miss having to pull usernames from the allegiances :spinning:

will be nice to just @Clan

Rani
July 1st, 2023, 12:08 AM
*Chewing on staff to vent, crying over the hours of allegiances just to keep the clan mentions updated through constant username changes*

No really though guys every single past and present high rank thanks you and is howling with joy over this yall are wonderful ILY

bite
July 1st, 2023, 12:27 AM
laughs in never having to use clan mentions before

seriously though I feel immense gratefulness for this update :handflapper:

stag
July 1st, 2023, 12:37 AM
the Og launch bug that affected me, haha very funny staff /lh /jokingly
But anyways, very glad we are finally getting this. Take the pain away from the hrs. Bless up

BEAR.
July 1st, 2023, 03:00 AM
Right now, I have it set so only high ranks + those who opt in can use the Clan-wide mention (so if you don't join at least one, you can't @Clan.) I might change this in the future depending on how things go, but figured this was fair

LostInTheOrchids
July 1st, 2023, 10:55 AM
EEEEEE ILYSM STAFF!

Ty for the wonderful haven that is WCO!!

Forgetfulshape
July 1st, 2023, 10:56 AM
*Sniffs page curiously* okeh

PINEGREEN
July 1st, 2023, 12:27 PM
ohh this is why it wouldnt let me in

BEAR.
July 1st, 2023, 06:49 PM
ohh this is why it wouldnt let me in

what do u mean

JackHunt_17
July 1st, 2023, 07:22 PM