PDA

View Full Version : I need some good music software...

Myst
May 4th, 2017, 07:43 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew any software that I could get without paying? I would love to make music and I am really curious about what I could use... The only thing I know is FL Studio 12, but that costs $200 ;-;.

Ludicrous Lunacy
May 4th, 2017, 08:18 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew any software that I could get without paying? I would love to make music and I am really curious about what I could use... The only thing I know is FL Studio 12, but that costs $200 ;-;.
For 40 dollars there's Mixcraft which is what I know about, but it depends; what do you plan on doing?

Myst
May 4th, 2017, 08:20 AM
For 40 dollars there's Mixcraft which is what I know about, but it depends; what do you plan on doing?

I plan on making my own music :P I love electro and dubstep and would be interested in trying to make some music myself.

Ludicrous Lunacy
May 4th, 2017, 08:21 AM
I plan on making my own music :P I love electro and dubstep and would be interested in trying to make some music myself.
...Right

But would you want to like layer sounds, or just record?

Myst
May 4th, 2017, 08:24 AM
...Right

But would you want to like layer sounds, or just record?

Would be better honestly to layer sounds.

Ludicrous Lunacy
May 4th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Would be better honestly to layer sounds.
Then the thing I use is Mixcraft, except it's really expensive; I use it on school tablets for that reason.

I don't really know anything else, sorry.

ameko
May 4th, 2017, 09:49 PM
There's Musescore available for free download. I use it occasionally to put my band music on and listen to the rhythms.
EDIT:: It's more for orchestra or band music, which I don't think is what you're looking for..? Sorry v.v

Fawn
May 5th, 2017, 11:57 AM
AudioTool (https://www.audiotool.com/) is free. IIRC it's for producing electronic music, so it might be worth a shot.

June 6th, 2017, 06:28 PM
I know this is most likely dead and that may have already downloaded a program but GAH

Well I've heard that Audacity is also a music program, not only a mere audio program...

There's also UTAU, but its Japanese, and it's technically a voice synthesizer, so maybe not lol :P

Then there's Grageband, but I think it's paid lol...