PDA

View Full Version : The Tallest Forrest

Brooklyn Trees
April 14th, 2017, 01:56 PM
Once, long ago, people lived on the ground, among the animals. Their empires wound longer and wider than any other creature's and they were gifted with something that none of the other animals could even comprehend.
They could think, and comprehend and build.
This made them superior to the other animals and they crowned themselves kings of the world which they shared, enslaving the animals to do their bidding or forcing them from their homes.
Because this is what man did when they found that they had power.
They destroyed and called it creation.
The empire of humanity grew and grew until it overtook all of this world and they created homes of rock and clay and glass.
They forgot what it was to be connected to anything that their world gave them.

Once they had created everything that they could that was partially natural - creations of clay and stone and metals - they moved on to change what is already living.
They created plants that were also other plants and bugs that were also birds until they grew bored of mixing the things around them and chose to create life.

They spent a long time changing things and turning things around until they created the perfect creature to live alongside human kind.
The perfect 'pet'.
It was charming in demeanor and fast and strong and were easily trained.
But being easily trained meant that they were also equally capable of losing their training.
They turned against the humans, and waged war.
The humans, whose empire had once stretched across everything, was now defeated by a being of their own creation.
The empire once known for striking down their enemies fled as soon as danger arose and took cover in the one place that the creatures could not get to them.
The tops of the tallest Forrest.

Sorry for the long introduction. This is based off of a story that I found that I had written when I was about eight so it will probably suck, but basically humanity created a super-creature which then attacked them and now they live at the top of the tallest Forrest which has large trees and is rather packed together.
They wear clothing made of fibers stripped from the trunks which is woven together and live in 'nests' which are basically their houses, which are the branches around a space bent and woven together to create a sphere-like nest object inside of the tree.
The creatures still live on the ground and the humans don't dare go down there even now.
If you read all of this write the word tomato somewhere in your form.
It has been three generations since the people fled to the trees and they no longer have a very good concept of the earth, science or technology.
They still have names that you would find today.

As for other resources, they mainly eat plants and birds that are passing by, throwing spears made from branches at the birds. They drinks collected rain water most of the time and when that isn't readily available they drink sap and/or if it very dry they send some people over to a small crag in a cliff that has a trickle of water for some reason.

They have some 'ranks' as well and ages for different things.

-Baby - anyone from birth to the age of four. They are not allowed to help or work with the others in any way as it is quite probable that they will injure themselves.
-Child - four to nine. They are allowed more responsibilities such as collecting twigs or leaves for various different things.
-Older child - nine to seventeen. They have the same responsibilities as most adults and learn to hunt and travel further among the Trees.
At the age of seventeen they are sent out to survive by themselves for a moon and this is their right of passage. They are considered adults after this time.
-Hunter - 17+. They are in charge of killing live animals to feed everyone.
-Forager - 17+. They forage for materials such as flexible or waxy leaves and sharp thorns and fibers to create clothing.
-Gatherer - 17+. They forage for berries, fruit, edible plants and misses, bark and roots. It is considered a very dangerous job to forage for roots and therefor the gatherers are often considered with the highest respect.
-Parent - After the age of seventeen they are permitted to take a husband or wife and to have children. Both parents are not permitted to work until the child is four years of age at which point they can either choose to return to work, stay with the child for another amount of time up until the child is seven, or have one go back and the other remain and etc.
-Elder - When a person is deemed unfit to safely travel through the trees or has reached an age that they or the community see fit then they retire to become an elder and are tasked with largely entertaining and teaching children things that are less physical.

People build their own nests when they wish to move out of their parents' nest and often make their own clothing as well.

Anywho, yeah. I am not sure where this will go, and was just curious of what would happen if this universe actually existed. Have fun!

~form~
Name:
Description:
Personality:
Other:

Thank you~

Tundra
April 15th, 2017, 10:46 PM
I have a question, is this private? Or is it open to all?

Brooklyn Trees
April 16th, 2017, 02:23 PM
It's open to everyone, anybody who would like to join is welcome to =^^=

Tundra
April 16th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Ok!

Name: Nina
Description: (coming)
Personality: TBRP if that's alright
Other: if I'm not active then I got my phone and tablet taken or my google is blocked, I also do not like tomatoes!

Brooklyn Trees
April 16th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Ok!

Name: Nina
Description: (coming)
Personality: TBRP if that's alright
Other: if I'm not active then I got my phone and tablet taken or my google is blocked, I also do not like tomatoes!
Accepted =^^=
I will make a note not to leave tomatoes on your profile because I am random and that could happen lol :P

Mousy
April 16th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Brooklyn Trees
Name: Belle
Description: she's a fairly tall person, even for her age. She has light brown hair, green eyes and tanish skin. Sorry it's so short
Personality: TBRPD, if that's alright with you
Other: I've actually grown to like tomatoes, although I used to hate them.

Brooklyn Trees
April 17th, 2017, 02:47 AM
Brooklyn Trees
Description: she's a fairly tall person, even for her age. She has light brown hair, green eyes and tanish skin. Sorry it's so short
Accepted =^^=
Lol, I love tomatoes, especially with salt :P (actually it's more like 'I love salt with tomatoes' because I pour. So. Much. Salt. On everything and I don't know why...)

Brooklyn Trees
April 20th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Name: Marie
Description: Marie is not particularly tall for her age, actually appearing somewhat short to most and having a sturdy build from having to pull herself up and around the branches that are her home. She has dark brown hair that falls to about halfway down her back and has rather tanned skin and dark freckles spotting her face and arms. Her eyes are a dull, dark blue-grey color.
Personality: I will input this in a bit
Other: Tomato Paste

dino.
April 20th, 2017, 06:22 PM
Brooklyn Trees
Name: Rico
Description: Rico stands at taller than average at 5' 8". He has lightly tanned skin, green eyes, and blonde hair, which he styles like Shawn Mendes's (XD). He has small freckles dotting the bridge of his nose. He's a bit muscular, which comes from climbing up the branches of the trees. His green eyes are always bright.
Personality: TBRP
Other: My friend likes to call himself Tom-ato XD

Brooklyn Trees
April 22nd, 2017, 04:39 AM
Brooklyn Trees
Description: Rico stands at taller than average at 5' 8". He has lightly tanned skin, green eyes, and blonde hair, which he styles like Shawn Mendes's (XD). He has small freckles dotting the bridge of his nose. He's a bit muscular, which comes from climbing up the branches of the trees. His green eyes are always bright.
Lol XD
Accepted =^^=

dino.
April 22nd, 2017, 05:45 AM
Lol XD
Accepted =^^=
sweet XD btw my writing probably won't be like it was in the form, i got an Undertale themed keypad for my phone and it kinda messed up... Its totally worth it though 😍

Brooklyn Trees
April 22nd, 2017, 10:05 AM
sweet XD btw my writing probably won't be like it was in the form, i got an Undertale themed keypad for my phone and it kinda messed up... Its totally worth it though 😍
Ooh that sounds like a cool keypad =^^=

dino.
April 22nd, 2017, 12:07 PM
Ooh that sounds like a cool keypad =^^=
be better if it didnt hate me XD)

Brooklyn Trees
April 23rd, 2017, 12:43 AM
be better if it didnt hate me XD)
As most things tend to be =^^=

Brooklyn Trees
April 27th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Brooklyn Trees
Brooklyn Trees

Oh. Btw we can start. I believe I forgot to say that oops.

Tundra
April 27th, 2017, 09:45 PM
Its alright!)

Nina walked through the forest. She glanced at the sky; The sun shined down on the forest, causing shadows and patches of light here and there. Some leaves were golden, and some were red or orange. Nina paused and watched as a leaf drifted to the ground. "Its so beautiful..." She murmured. "I love this place!" Nina shouted, throwing her arms up into the air. As she did that leaves showered down on her. Nina laughed and shoved them into one huge pile. When the pile of leaves was finished, she jumped on them, sending leaves flying in every direction. Its so... Colorful... The sun makes beautiful patterns with the leaves and trees... Still lying in the pile of leaves, Nina began to smile. I wonder what it looks like at night!

judas
April 27th, 2017, 09:52 PM
0-0
I must join
Name: Trinidy
Description: Blonde hair and blue eyes. She is short, About 5.3. And Doesn't eat a lot
Personality: *Insert Laziness here*
Other: What is this Tomato you speak of?

Brooklyn Trees
April 29th, 2017, 10:27 AM
0-0
I must join
Name: Trinidy
Description: Blonde hair and blue eyes. She is short, About 5.3. And Doesn't eat a lot
Personality: *Insert Laziness here*
Other: What is this Tomato you speak of?
Accepted =^^=

(I don't know what the tomato I speak of is. )
(I also don't know I am responding to all of the Tomato things)

Brooklyn Trees
April 29th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Marie hung lightly from a branch, knees hooked about the rough wood and dark hair falling in a thick sheet about her head as she was tipped in this way.

She enjoyed the pleasant half-shade of the few branches that remained above her head. She didn't often climb further down than the highest branches of the tall trees, but today was one of the few days in which she dared to do so to escape the sun above.

wickedvirtues
April 30th, 2017, 06:13 PM
Once, long ago, people lived on the ground, among the animals. Their empires wound longer and wider than any other creature's and they were gifted with something that none of the other animals could even comprehend.
They could think, and comprehend and build.
This made them superior to the other animals and they crowned themselves kings of the world which they shared, enslaving the animals to do their bidding or forcing them from their homes.
Because this is what man did when they found that they had power.
They destroyed and called it creation.
The empire of humanity grew and grew until it overtook all of this world and they created homes of rock and clay and glass.
They forgot what it was to be connected to anything that their world gave them.

Once they had created everything that they could that was partially natural - creations of clay and stone and metals - they moved on to change what is already living.
They created plants that were also other plants and bugs that were also birds until they grew bored of mixing the things around them and chose to create life.

They spent a long time changing things and turning things around until they created the perfect creature to live alongside human kind.
The perfect 'pet'.
It was charming in demeanor and fast and strong and were easily trained.
But being easily trained meant that they were also equally capable of losing their training.
They turned against the humans, and waged war.
The humans, whose empire had once stretched across everything, was now defeated by a being of their own creation.
The empire once known for striking down their enemies fled as soon as danger arose and took cover in the one place that the creatures could not get to them.
The tops of the tallest Forrest.

Sorry for the long introduction. This is based off of a story that I found that I had written when I was about eight so it will probably suck, but basically humanity created a super-creature which then attacked them and now they live at the top of the tallest Forrest which has large trees and is rather packed together.
They wear clothing made of fibers stripped from the trunks which is woven together and live in 'nests' which are basically their houses, which are the branches around a space bent and woven together to create a sphere-like nest object inside of the tree.
The creatures still live on the ground and the humans don't dare go down there even now.
If you read all of this write the word tomato somewhere in your form.
It has been three generations since the people fled to the trees and they no longer have a very good concept of the earth, science or technology.
They still have names that you would find today.

As for other resources, they mainly eat plants and birds that are passing by, throwing spears made from branches at the birds. They drinks collected rain water most of the time and when that isn't readily available they drink sap and/or if it very dry they send some people over to a small crag in a cliff that has a trickle of water for some reason.

They have some 'ranks' as well and ages for different things.

-Baby - anyone from birth to the age of four. They are not allowed to help or work with the others in any way as it is quite probable that they will injure themselves.
-Child - four to nine. They are allowed more responsibilities such as collecting twigs or leaves for various different things.
-Older child - nine to seventeen. They have the same responsibilities as most adults and learn to hunt and travel further among the Trees.
At the age of seventeen they are sent out to survive by themselves for a moon and this is their right of passage. They are considered adults after this time.
-Hunter - 17+. They are in charge of killing live animals to feed everyone.
-Forager - 17+. They forage for materials such as flexible or waxy leaves and sharp thorns and fibers to create clothing.
-Gatherer - 17+. They forage for berries, fruit, edible plants and misses, bark and roots. It is considered a very dangerous job to forage for roots and therefor the gatherers are often considered with the highest respect.
-Parent - After the age of seventeen they are permitted to take a husband or wife and to have children. Both parents are not permitted to work until the child is four years of age at which point they can either choose to return to work, stay with the child for another amount of time up until the child is seven, or have one go back and the other remain and etc.
-Elder - When a person is deemed unfit to safely travel through the trees or has reached an age that they or the community see fit then they retire to become an elder and are tasked with largely entertaining and teaching children things that are less physical.

People build their own nests when they wish to move out of their parents' nest and often make their own clothing as well.

Anywho, yeah. I am not sure where this will go, and was just curious of what would happen if this universe actually existed. Have fun!

~form~
Name:
Description:
Personality:
Other:

Thank you~

]~form~
Name: Katie
Description: A somewhat tall, slightly skinny girl with hazel eyes and pale skin. Her hair is a pixie cut style in a champagne blonde color.
Personality: Katie is bubbly, energetic and fun. She sometimes has a short-temper and be snappy, but can often joke around, though she takes important things seriously.
Other: Tomatoes are fruit /(.o.)/

Brooklyn Trees
May 1st, 2017, 10:35 AM
]~form~
Name: Katie
Description: A somewhat tall, slightly skinny girl with hazel eyes and pale skin. Her hair reaches her waist and is a champagne blonde color.
Personality: Katie is bubbly, energetic and fun. She sometimes has a short-temper and be snappy, but can often joke around, though she takes important things seriously.
Other: Tomatoes are fruit /(.o.)/
Accepted

wickedvirtues
May 1st, 2017, 02:44 PM
Accepted

(changing it to where she has a pixie cut but otherwise everything is the same XP)

wickedvirtues
May 1st, 2017, 06:59 PM
The girl panted, finally reaching her destination. Clinging to the branches around her, she watched the sunset with wide eyes. Her gaze avoided the direct sun, instead focusing on the shades of different colors surrounding it. Reds and pinks and purples, blues and the sun slowly sinking. Katie grinned, enjoying the breeze flow through her short, pixie cut style hair. She still clung to the branches, not sure of the stability of the one she sat on. Her legs dangled below her as she tried to find her route to climb down. Glad for her hair not getting in the way of her vision, she planned out the more stable looking branches that she could use to get down. She heard the calls of birds somewhere nearby, her mouth slightly watering. Katie looked at the sky, currently dimming for nighttime. She enjoyed the night, the dimmed sounds and the beautiful stars. She stretched out her skinny arms, watching a lizard pass quickly into the leaves. The 13 year old watched the stars begin to appear, a smile still on her pale face. She finally grew tired, climbing down from the high tree branch and entering her nest. She soon fell asleep, her exhaustion finally luring her. (God this was long XD)

Brooklyn Trees
May 5th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Marie stayed hanging in this way, upside down like the small bats that sometimes ventured this high, until the sun had fully dispersed from the large sky as much as she could see from these branches, the ones a few feet above her knees obscuring the sky above her.

Quietly, after another few moments of darkness, the thin girl reached upwards and wrapped her fingers about the branch that she hung from, each hand beside each knee about half a foot away. Once her fingers firmly gripped the bark, she pulled herself upwards and swung around in a fluid motion that she had practiced many times until she was sitting down upon the branch, hands still gripping it as she waited for the blood to drain from her head again.

Darkness was growing louder though, if that made any sense of course.
With only the stars for light she stood and pulled herself up another branch, running sideways along the limb and across two overhanging branches until she reached the looming round woven branches that made up her nest.
The opening was perhaps three feet wide, and she slipped inside with ease, crawling along the steady weaving of the floor until she reached the corner that held a small pile of leaves and high-growing moss and lichen.

This strange assortment of things where softer than the hard woven branches underfoot that had run her feet calloused, and it was unto this same strange assortment that she climbed and curled up on, eyes closing lightly and slowly drifting into sleep.