PDA

View Full Version : Ask a Michigander

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
April 12th, 2017, 01:49 PM
I saw a couple people doing this, so why not?

goddess of ducks
April 12th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Why is I called Michigander? It sounds funny lol

Anyways, what's it like up there? Coming from a person who lives down south
Like snow wise in the winter, how much do you get?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
April 12th, 2017, 06:35 PM
It's Michigander because if it wasn't it would be Michiganian XD.
We don't really get a set amount of snow, we get however much Michigan decides we get that year. There are years when it doesn't snow until the middle of January and there are years where it starts snowing early October and we get stuck with blizzardy weather (Totally a word) for the rest of the year.

JaxenAmethyst
April 12th, 2017, 06:39 PM
YES!!!!!!!!! MICHIGANNNNNN! I'm going there in the summer. I gotz family up there!

And actually, during the winter, LOOOOOTS of snow falls.. And during the summer, it's super hot!

My aunt has a farm that I also help her with. I ride the lawnmowers and me and my cousin race x3

savage scar
April 12th, 2017, 11:47 PM
What part of Michigan do you live in?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
April 13th, 2017, 05:25 AM
What part of Michigan do you live in?
I live in Grand Rapids, which is about an hour or so drive from the west coast. The funny thing is in Michigan if you ask someone where a city is in the Lower Peninsula they'll usually just point to roughly where it is on the back of their left hand.

savage scar
April 13th, 2017, 05:37 AM
I live in Grand Rapids, which is about an hour or so drive from the west coast. The funny thing is in Michigan if you ask someone where a city is in the Lower Peninsula they'll usually just point to roughly where it is on the back of their left hand.

I don't know what any of that means I'm Aussie I have no American Geography so I'm just gonna say: Cool

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
April 13th, 2017, 02:20 PM
If you want just google Michigan. It is basically two peninsulas separated by lakes, the lower one is shaped just like a Mitten which is how you can direct people by pointing to your hand.

JaxenAmethyst
April 13th, 2017, 02:35 PM
I live 5 states away from Michigan x3 It's still fun. When it gets boring, I read signs..

monfang
April 13th, 2017, 02:58 PM
BERN AND RAZED HERR IN MISHIGAIN

savage scar
April 14th, 2017, 05:59 AM
If you want just google Michigan. It is basically two peninsulas separated by lakes, the lower one is shaped just like a Mitten which is how you can direct people by pointing to your hand.

Ooooohhhhh Okay