PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations?

Poppyfrost
April 9th, 2017, 09:16 PM
So I'm running out of good anime to watch, and I need some recommendations. Here are my top five so far, including BL (Boy love) and other anime's that are quite enjoyable. I will list the name and describe what the anime is about. Feel free to tell your top five as well!

*This may contain spoilers*

5 - Diabolik Lovers (ディアボリックラヴァーズ)

The heroine, Komori Yui, was a normal teenage girl until in her second year of high school; her father, a priest, has to go overseas for work. As a result, Yui is forced to move to a new town and arrives alone at a mansion she was told will be her new home. As she approaches the front door it begins to rain. Because no one answers her knock, she reaches for the knob, however the door swings open on its own accord. Yui enters the mansion to find no one in sight. As she starts to explore her immediate surroundings, she finds Ayato asleep on a couch. He wakes up as she approaches him and promptly pins her down. As she begins to panic, five other young men gradually appear. Yui notices something different about all of them. She discovers that all six of them are brothers but by three different mothers, and they all turn out to be vampires. After living with the Sakamakis' for a month, Yui starts to have strange dreams and apparitions regarding a mysterious "Eve". One night, on their way to school, the brothers and Yui get involved in an unexplainable fiery car crash. The next day four vampire brothers come to the house and kidnap her. What will happen with the Sakamakis', will she come back?

4 - Free!

Free! is set in the town of Iwatobi, which is based on the real town of Iwami, Tottori. Iwami has since used Free! to promote tourism to the town. The story starts with four boys—Haruka, Makoto, Nagisa and Rin—before they graduate from elementary school. They all participated in a swimming tournament and won, though they parted ways. Years later, Haruka and Makoto reunite with Nagisa when he enrolls in their high school. Not long after, Rin, who was thought to be in Australia, turns up and challenges Haruka to a race and wins. Afterward, Nagisa suggests creating a swimming club and using the school's run-down outdoor pool. Haruka, Makoto, Nagisa, and later on, Rei, create the Iwatobi High School Swimming Club and work together to make the club a success. Rin's victory over Haruka means nothing to him as he realizes that Haruka had stopped swimming competitively and wasn't in top shape. He claims that he cannot get over the fact until Haruka competes against him for real. The members of the Iwatobi High School Swim Club later enter a swimming competition against Rin.

3 - Death Note (デスノート)

Light Yagami is a genius high school student who discovers the "Death Note", a notebook that kills anyone whose name is written in it, as long as the writer has seen that person's face. After experimenting with the notebook, Light meets the Shinigami Ryuk, the notebook's original owner, who dropped the notebook to the human world out of boredom. Light tells Ryuk of his plan to rule as a god over a new world free from criminals, where only people he deems morally fit to live remain. Light becomes known to the public as Kira (キラ?), which is derived from the Japanese pronunciation of the word "killer". Ryuk, invisible save to those that possess the Death Note, follows Light around and takes enjoyment from Light's meticulous actions as Kira.

Kira's killings catch the attention of Interpol and world-famous detective "L". L, who is highly intelligent, has surmised that Kira can kill anyone by knowing their face and name, and tricks Light into revealing his location in the Kanto region of Japan. L creates a small anti-Kira task force from the local police to help discover who Kira is, including Soichiro, Light's father, requiring Light to take several measures to keep the Death Note secure. Light and L begin a game of cat and mouse to try to further their own ends.

2 - Attack On Titan (進撃の巨人)

The story of Attack on Titan revolves around the adventures of Eren Yeager, his foster sister, Mikasa Ackerman, and their childhood friend Armin Arlert. After the wall which protects their hometown of Shinganshina is breached by the Colossal Titan leading the other Titans to enter, Eren watches in horror as one of them eats his mother. Vowing to kill all the Titans, Eren enlists in the military, along with his friends.

1 - Yuri!!! on Ice (ユーリ!!! on ICE)

After a crushing defeat in the Grand Prix Final and other competition losses, 23-year-old Japanese figure skater Yuri Katsuki develops mixed feelings about skating and puts his career on hold; he attends college in Detroit before returning to his hometown of Hasetsu in Kyushu. Yuri visits his childhood friend, Yuko, at an ice rink (Ice Castle Hasetsu) and perfectly mimics an advanced skating routine performed by his idol: Russian figure skating champion Victor Nikiforov. When secretly-recorded footage of Yuri's performance is uploaded to the Internet, it catches Victor's attention, and he travels to Kyushu with an offer to coach Yuri and revive his figure-skating career. Later, it is revealed that Victor was already familiar with Yuri, having met him before at a banquet where Yuri got drunk and asked Victor to be his coach.

After learning when about Victor's career decision, Yuri Plisetsky, a rising 15-year-old Russian prodigy skater, travels to Hasetsu to make Victor keep a promise made prior to the beginning of the series. Victor had promised he would choreograph a routine specifically for Yuri P. if he won the Junior World Championships, which Yuri P. presumably did. Victor, having forgotten about his promise to Yuri P., makes the two Yuris compete against each other to decide who he will coach. Yuri K. ends up winning, and thus Victor becomes Yuri K.'s coach. Yuri P. returns to Russia, and both Yuris vow to win the Grand Prix championship.

Both Yuris qualify to represent their countries in the Grand Prix series, and then later qualify for the Grand Prix Final in Barcelona. Over the course of the Grand Prix, Yuri K. and Victor become increasingly close, with Yuri K. buying them both gold rings in Barcelona which leads to remarks by Victor about them being "engaged." On the eve the final, Yuri K. plans to quit skating so that Victor can return to the sport and tells Victor, but Victor tearfully rejects the idea, and they agree to choose their paths after the tournament has finished. The tournament ends with Yuri P. winning the gold medal and Yuri K. winning silver. As a result, Yuri K. decides to continue skating and moves to St. Petersburg so that he can continue training alongside Yuri P. and Victor.

Teggy
April 9th, 2017, 09:19 PM
lol thats my top 5 to XD.
i recemend the animes:
naruto
fairy tail
Tales of Zestiria the X
Black Butler
i got more if needed

savage scar
April 10th, 2017, 12:45 AM
If you haven't watched Tokyo Ghoul yet go and watch it cuz it's great

Momotaro
April 10th, 2017, 02:08 AM
Black Butler, Hetalia, Yu Gi Oh

Zan Partizanne
April 10th, 2017, 06:44 AM
I Have Only watched some of Diabolik Lovers x~x And I enjoy it

Poppyfrost
April 11th, 2017, 07:19 AM
I'm getting a lot of Black Butler so I'll try it out XD

aleka!
April 11th, 2017, 08:14 AM
I enjoy Souleater ^^

Grimshadow
April 11th, 2017, 08:27 AM
Re:Zero ^-^

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash

Noragami

Another

Jingle
April 11th, 2017, 08:33 AM
-crack knuckles-
Alright

Some good Animes: (descriptions taken from google and wiki)

Kekkai Sen-Sen (Blood Blockaid Battlefront) - The plot revolves around a young photographer named Leonardo Watch, who obtains 'the All Seeing Eyes of the Gods' at the cost of his sister's eyesight. After the incident, Leonardo moves to the city of Hellsalem's Lot to join an organization known as Libra to fight several monsters.

The Wallflower - The Wallflower is about a girl named Sunako who was called ugly by the first and only person to whom she confessed her love. This incident sparks a life change, and as a result Sunako shuns all forms of beauty, both in herself as well as in life. Concerned by her change for the worst, Sunako's aunt, the owner of a huge mansion where four very handsome high school students live (for free), demands the boys to transform her niece into the "perfect lady," and in return they will be able to continue living there for free. They are given a deadline and if they are unable to uphold their deal then they would have to either pay a lump sum of cash or vacate the premises.

Hetalia - The series' main presentation is as an often over-the-top allegory of political and historic events as well as more general cultural comparisons. Characters are personifications of countries, regions such as Hong Kong and micronations with little reference to other national personifications. Both positive and negative cultural stereotypes form part of each character's personality

Black Butler - A young boy sells his soul to a demon in order to avenge his family's death and successfully lead their influential toy manufacturing company. The demon takes the form of a loyal butler who's always dressed in black and is required to protect, serve and arrive whenever summoned by his young master Ciel.

Blue Exorcist - The story revolves around Rin Okumura, who, along with his younger twin Yukio Okumura, was raised by Father Shiro Fujimoto, an Exorcist. One day, Rin learns that he and Yukio are the sons of Satan.

The Devil Is a Part-Timer - The story is about a demon king named Sadao Maou seeking to conquer the world of Ente Isla but, when confronted by the Hero Emilia, he is forced to retreat through a gate that transports him to modern day Tokyo, Japan. To survive and find a way to return to Ente Isla, Satan gains part-time employment at a fast food restaurant called MgRonald.

Ouran Highschool Host Club - Looking for a quiet place to study, Haruhi stumbles upon the abandoned Third Music Room, a place where the Ouran Academy Host Club, a group of six male students, gathers to entertain female "clients." ... Ouran Elite Academy encompasses kindergarten through high school and has an attached university program.

Death Parade - After death, humans go to either heaven or hell. But for some, at the instant of their death, they arrive at the Queen Decim, a bar attended by the mysterious white-haired Decim.

Haikuu!! - Based on Haruichi Furudate's popular shounen manga of the same name, Haikyuu!! is an exhilarating and emotional sports comedy following two determined athletes as they attempt to patch a heated rivalry in order to make their high school volleyball team the best in Japan.

I would say some of my other favorites like Another and that genre, however I don't think (from what your favorites already are) you'd enjoy that too much.

dino.
April 11th, 2017, 08:38 AM
Naruto and One Peice

judas
April 11th, 2017, 08:48 AM
VAMPIRE KNIGHT

Trashy Sky
April 11th, 2017, 08:59 AM
It's not an anime but Voltron: Legendary Defender is pretty good and some people think it's an anime so

Grimshadow
April 11th, 2017, 09:34 AM
I suppose I should give a description to all the shows I recommended

Re:Zero (is life)

When Natsuki Subaru leaves the convenience store, the last thing he expects is to be wrenched from his everyday life and dropped into a fantasy world. Things aren't looking good for the bewildered teenager, however, not long after his arrival, he is attacked by some thugs; armed with only a bag of groceries and a now useless cell phone, he is quickly beaten to a pulp. Fortunately, a mysterious beauty named Satella, in hot pursuit after the one who stole her insignia, happens upon Subaru and saves him. In order to thank the honest and kindhearted girl, Subaru offers to help in her search, and later that night, he even finds the whereabouts of that which she seeks. But unbeknownst to them, a much darker force stalks the pair from the shadows, and just minutes after locating the insignia, Subaru and Satella are brutally murdered.

However, Subaru immediately reawakens to a familiar scene—confronted by the same group of thugs, meeting Satella all over again—the enigma deepens as history inexplicably repeats itself.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash

Awaken...

This is the only thing the youth of Hai to Gensou no Grimgar remember before awakening in an unknown building in a medieval landscape enshrouded in darkness. They don't remember anything besides their own names. What's stranger is that sometimes they catch themselves saying words that they don't understand, even though they seem so familiar.

The group of strangers is told that in order to make a living, they would have to join the Reserve Army forces to keep the town safe from nearby monsters. The stronger looking people form a team to join the Reserve Army and depart, leaving Manato, Haruhiro, Ranta, Yume, Mogzo, and Shihoru to fend for themselves. But how will they get by if they can't even defeat the weakest of monsters?

Born from the ashes of their old memories, the ragtag team of six start a new life in the world of Grimgar.

Noragami

Yato is a minor deity who lacks even a single shrine. In order to build his own shrine and gain recognition as a god, he scrawls his cell number on the wall of a downtown bathroom telling people he will help them in exchange for a 5-yen offering, becoming a self-styled "delivery god." Hiyori, the daughter of a respectable family, is almost killed in a traffic accident, but is rescued by Yato. This causes her to become a "hanyou," a person who can exit her body in soul form. She chases Yato down, and they begin to work together to help Yato be recognized. Yato also finds a boy named Yukine who becomes a Regalia, a "sacred treasure" that can be used by a god as a weapon to fight. The three of them battle phantoms who bring harm to humans as Yato's dark hidden history is gradually revealed.

Another

26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at sports, she was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy named Sakakibara Kouichi transfers to the class, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in that classroom. In particular, there is a beautiful, aloof girl named Mei Misaki who wears an eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures.

Personally, none of these descriptions do these shows any justice, but context is great

Zero
April 11th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Ajin: Demi Human is pretty good, and it's on Netflix if you have it. (The visuals are a bit different looking because its 3D CGI based anime, but trust me the story is great)

Here's a synopsis from myanimelist.com:

Mysterious immortal humans known as "Ajin" first appeared 17 years ago in Africa. Upon their discovery, they were labeled as a threat to mankind, as they might use their powers for evil and were incapable of being destroyed. Since then, whenever an Ajin is found within society, they are to be arrested and taken into custody immediately.

Studying hard to become a doctor, Kei Nagai is a high schooler who knows very little about Ajin, only having seen them appear in the news every now and then. Students are taught that these creatures are not considered to be human, but Kei doesn't pay much attention in class. As a result, his perilously little grasp on this subject proves to be completely irrelevant when he survives an accident that was supposed to claim his life, signaling his rebirth as an Ajin and the start of his days of torment. However, as he finds himself alone on the run from the entire world, Kei soon realizes that more of his species may be a lot closer than he thinks.

I also recomended Tokyo Ghoul, Vampire Knight, and Parasyte (Sei no Kakuritsu).