View Full Version : LETS TALK ABOUT YOI

Poppyfrost
April 6th, 2017, 07:30 AM
SPOILERS!

*Slaps Skates in your face*
*Slaps two russian dudes in your face*
*Slaps ice in your face*

LET'S TALK ABOUT YAOI ON ICE, SHALL WE?

It's been spoken of on twitter that Season two has been taken into consideration, and that there will be a possibility that it will be coming out.

Fun Fact** Victor used to wear gloves to pretty much every competition. When Yuri gave him the ring, He stopped.

"CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR MARRIAGE!" - Pichit, Seeing the 'rings' (Lucky charms)

Fun Fact** Victor wouldn't be Yuri's coach if Yuri hadn't gotten his stupid ass drunk at that party. OR if the three triplets hadn't submitted the video of Yuri Ice Skating to one of Victor's pieces.

Zan Partizanne
April 6th, 2017, 12:39 PM
what is this Yuri on Ice thing? (._. ) I've only watched one anime

Poppyfrost
April 6th, 2017, 04:29 PM
what is this Yuri on Ice thing? (._. ) I've only watched one anime

Yuri!!! on Ice (ユーリ!!! on ICE?) is a Japanese sports anime television series about figure skating. The anime was produced by MAPPA, directed by Sayo Yamamoto and written by Mitsurō Kubo. Character design was by Tadashi Hiramatsu, and its music was composed by Taro Umebayashi and Taku Matsushiba. The figure skating was choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto. The series premiered on October 6, 2016 and ended on December 22, with a total of 12 episodes. It revolves around the relationships between Japanese figure skater Yuri Katsuki; his idol (and later coach), Russian figure-skating champion Victor Nikiforov, and up-and-coming Russian skater Yuri Plisetsky.

Released to critical acclaim, Yuri on Ice has been well received in Japan, selling over 40,000 Blu-ray Disc volumes. It has also won three awards at the Tokyo Anime Award Festival including "Animation of the Year: Television category", and seven awards in the inaugural The Anime Awards including "Anime of the Year". The series has raised discussion concerning its depiction of a same-sex relationship between its protagonists and also raised a brief controversy concerning a similar figure skating-based title to be released in the United States in 2017.

After a crushing defeat in the Grand Prix Final and other competition losses, Yuri Katsuki develops mixed feelings about ice skating and puts his career on hold; he attends college in Detroit before returning to his hometown of Hasetsu in Kyushu. Yuri visits his childhood friend, Yuko, at an ice rink (Ice Castle Hasetsu) and perfectly mimics an advanced skating routine performed by his idol: Russian figure skater Victor Nikiforov. When secretly-recorded footage of Yuri's performance is uploaded to the Internet, it catches Victor's attention, and he travels to Kyushu with an offer to coach Yuri and revive his figure-skating career. With Victor, Yuri aims to win the Grand Prix series against his rival: Yuri Plisetsky, a rising 15-year-old skater from Russia who aims to bring Victor back to competitive ice skating.

Zan Partizanne
April 6th, 2017, 06:53 PM
o-o ohly moly

Teggy
April 6th, 2017, 07:12 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK VIKTOR IS BAE!!!!!!!!

Poppyfrost
April 6th, 2017, 07:14 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK VIKTOR IS BAE!!!!!!!!

I KNOW RIGHT HE'S SO HOT XD

Spikes
April 6th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Ah yes. I watch the best anime, including Blades of Glory. If you don't know what blades of glory is, I'm #offended. You're missing out on some great "anime".
Jokes aside, I've heard of this series but never watched it myself and don't know a lot about it.