PDA

View Full Version : [Closed] Realistic representation of kittens?

Brightlight
December 1st, 2021, 11:09 AM
So. I have lost count of how many questions I have asked. Meh, I’m sure there’s no rule limiting how many questions you can ask. Right? I think. ANYWAYS

My queen character has been carrying kits for a month and a half real time so she’s recently given birth. Horray horray! I want to RP my darlings as soon as possible, however, after some research (by using the resourceful Google), I’ve found that…there would be some issues for RPing straight away.

For one, when born, kittens are virtually helpless. Even during two weeks old they cannot even crawl well. During the third week you can tell their gender, and only during the 4th week are the able to move, socialize, etc.

Whoops. I already determined their gender, but I think that’s fine, right?

So my real question is: How realistic do I have to be? Can I have my kits interact with other kits at one week old and be fully mobile or do I have to wait 4 weeks?

WinterMara
December 1st, 2021, 11:14 AM
Well, first of all, you don't have to go by real time, you can timeskip!

As for determining the gender ,everyone seems to just forget that anyway, so it's fine.

For if you want to be super hyper realistic...I'm unsure? I've seen some people with one week old kits interacting with others and I don't think it's against the rules to do so, just a bit unrealistic!

| Brightlight

plum
December 1st, 2021, 11:23 AM
Brightlight

A queen has to be pregnant for 1 month IRL from the roleplay they discover they're pregnant to birth. But you aren't restricted to a timeline when they're born (:

What might be easier is to skip a few weeks. Kits in the books are usually depicted as lil conscious scraps very soon after birth anyway! If you want to set roleplays 3-4 weeks after they've been born, feel free to! Let your selected roleplayers know that's where they'll be roleplaying the kits from. Don't worry about it.

You don't have to be super realistic, especially with how babies take a bit to develop, that isn't fun for roleplay. Do what you feel suits you best.

ChillCat
December 1st, 2021, 01:09 PM
Brightlight Just a note, with the gender thing, I was able to tell the gender of my foster kitten the day she was born (peanut was a healthy baby girl) and once their fur starts really growing in, around the 3rd week, it actually gets a bit hard to tell.

Brightlight
December 1st, 2021, 06:48 PM
Well, first of all, you don't have to go by real time, you can timeskip!

As for determining the gender ,everyone seems to just forget that anyway, so it's fine.

For if you want to be super hyper realistic...I'm unsure? I've seen some people with one week old kits interacting with others and I don't think it's against the rules to do so, just a bit unrealistic!

| Brightlight
Brightlight

A queen has to be pregnant for 1 month IRL from the roleplay they discover they're pregnant to birth. But you aren't restricted to a timeline when they're born (:

What might be easier is to skip a few weeks. Kits in the books are usually depicted as lil conscious scraps very soon after birth anyway! If you want to set roleplays 3-4 weeks after they've been born, feel free to! Let your selected roleplayers know that's where they'll be roleplaying the kits from. Don't worry about it.

You don't have to be super realistic, especially with how babies take a bit to develop, that isn't fun for roleplay. Do what you feel suits you best.
Brightlight Just a note, with the gender thing, I was able to tell the gender of my foster kitten the day she was born (peanut was a healthy baby girl) and once their fur starts really growing in, around the 3rd week, it actually gets a bit hard to tell.

Thank you all, that was really helpful! What I got was that I can be super realistic if I want, but semi not realistic is fine too. I forgot to put as a side note that I did indeed role play my queen for a month pregnant (specifically a month and a half), so I'll just do that now!