PDA

View Full Version : Site Outage

BEAR.
October 13th, 2021, 12:49 AM
Hey everyone!

As some of you are aware, Warrior Cats Online experienced a significant and sudden outage due to a major server-side update by our host.

The downtime was the result of our host making changes to our site IP address and software - which caused some webpage errors to appear, including an "account suspension." No accounts were actually suspended; rather, they suspended the old site IP and the site hadn't fully synced with the new IP when members were trying to access pages.

In addition to this, the update to our server appears to have conflicted with Titan Embeds. We're unsure why this has occurred, but I'm currently working on a fix to the module. In the meantime, our Discord Chat on the sidebar will be unavailable.
UPDATE: The Discord on the sidebar should now be working!

Let us know if you have any questions or are still experiencing issues with the site!

Starstruck
October 13th, 2021, 01:26 AM
@BILL
Some posts are disappearing after I post

Courage
October 13th, 2021, 01:35 AM
http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1080941#post1080941 ive found a wierd glitch that i dunno why but it kinda spooks me out even tho its just wierd lookin text

Dirtfur
October 13th, 2021, 01:58 AM
Coming back here, I got so worried to see my account suspended and the forums won't come up. So glad i'm back and able to post again.

starry
October 13th, 2021, 02:10 AM
Oh my gosh, I thought my account was actually suspended - happy to be able to access the site again! :heartbounce:Tbh I was worrying about what I could've done to get suspended and I was SO glad to even see the maintainance screen-

Galaxy_
October 13th, 2021, 05:17 AM
IM glad because I got in trouble from this site happy to be back!

error
October 13th, 2021, 06:48 AM
really, i thought i was suspended and was out of my mind. I was thinking of what i did wrong. When i found it up this morning i was super relieved!

Dragnoc
October 13th, 2021, 08:15 AM
Hey everyone!

As some of you are aware, Warrior Cats Online experienced a significant and sudden outage due to a major server-side update by our host.

The downtime was the result of our host making changes to our site IP address and software - which caused some webpage errors to appear, including an "account suspension." No accounts were actually suspended; rather, they suspended the old site IP and the site hadn't fully synced with the new IP when members were trying to access pages.

In addition to this, the update to our server appears to have conflicted with Titan Embeds. We're unsure why this has occurred, but I'm currently working on a fix to the module. In the meantime, our Discord Chat on the sidebar will be unavailable.
UPDATE: The Discord on the sidebar should now be working!

Let us know if you have any questions or are still experiencing issues with the site!

WAAA I WAS SO WORRIED :sob:

marshy
October 13th, 2021, 08:41 AM
aww i liked being on vacation
in all seriousness im glad the site is back up!!

plum
October 13th, 2021, 11:40 AM
Sir- Sir. This is absolutely unacceptable! I DEMAND a refund!!!!!

poppy
October 13th, 2021, 01:46 PM
I literally had a heart attack when I saw my account was suspended, I spent the whole day stressing, wondering what I did xD
I'm so glad this site is back up!

JusticeRabbit
October 13th, 2021, 08:36 PM
Good! I thoight something was wrong with my phone, lol

Binx
October 13th, 2021, 09:28 PM
For a hour any time I did the center it would make ost my text disappear m it’s working now

~Fierce~
October 13th, 2021, 10:27 PM
I agree with plum, I want a refund! In all seriousness, I was honestly scared cause I really love spending time on this site and it would be really sad if it was gone forever or went inactive. Whenever I logged on, it would show me the usual but when I wanted to go somewhere else, it looked like when you have very slow wifi and the page won't load. I was so worried that the problem was my account that I wanted to log onto here using a friend's computer since when I logged out it still showed the same thing. I was so glad when I logged on the next day and saw that it was under maintennance. Sorry about my rant.

Skid&PumpPlaysStuff
October 14th, 2021, 03:24 PM
*hugs* your my friend now let's go get candy qwq

~whirl~
October 15th, 2021, 01:01 PM
I was so scared when I saw my account was suspended, I thought I had done something wrong. I'm glad I didn't. Not sure what you think, but I think I prefer a few days not on WCO then being suspended for StarClan knows how long..
Sorry that was so long.

forest
October 16th, 2021, 04:44 PM
Sometimes my device crashes when I try to load. BILL.

Rxcket_p
October 18th, 2021, 04:59 AM
When the site came back up my friend was like: "Its so good to see your profile again."

Sksksksksks talking bout you hon - Error

alaskaa
October 18th, 2021, 05:31 AM
I thought there was something wrong with my laptop XD

I also thought that I had done something wrong, and I kept wondering what did I do wrong? the whole day~

error
October 18th, 2021, 05:55 AM
i wasn’t lying darling <3 Cxndy_Fatal

iliri
October 18th, 2021, 06:07 AM
Oh thank goodness. I got worried for my account for a second and I thought that the website didn't work anymore

Galaxy_
October 18th, 2021, 06:09 AM
Sir Sir I want my Money Back Sir!

Swiftheart <3
November 10th, 2021, 12:58 PM
What?????????

duskfire1
November 14th, 2021, 01:11 PM
What?????????
You may have not attempted to go online when it happened, but the site stopped working and when people tried to get on it like said peoples were accounts were suspended (they weren't actually) and nothing was loading for a day and a half (or maybe 2 days) so yeah you might have not tried to get on when it happened lol