PDA

View Full Version : Donations

BEAR.
October 14th, 2020, 10:05 PM
Donations and Rewards

Our web hosting plan is going to expire on November 13th. Renewing it out-of-pocket is expensive for the staff, so we're going to be opening donations for a limited time. We've come a long way thanks to member support in this area, and couldn't be more grateful for this - WCO wouldn't be around without you.

It's rare that we accept donations--usually about once or twice a year--but when we do, we try to give a handful of incentives in return for your contribution. Click the spoiler for the donation packages and what we're offering with them!

ALL PRICES ARE IN USD AND THROUGH PAYPAL. If you would like to pay using a different currency, please take your request to an administrator. We are flexible with pricing, but you will receive the rewards from the tier below your donation amount. For example, you want to donate $17.00 - you would receive the perks of the Cheetah Package.
If you'd like to gift a package to another member, contact a staff member privately and this can be arranged. All perks of the donation package will be given to that individual.

Kitten Package - $1.00
• 5,000 Koins
• Bragging rights and our sincerest thanks for donating!

Cat Package - $5.00
• An exclusive award
• 20,000 Koins

Cheetah Package - $15.00
• An exclusive award
• Rainbow username
• 30,000 Koins
• 1,500 PM Inbox
• Fancy member tag (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/images/fancymember.png)

Lion Package - $20.00
• An exclusive award
• Your choice of a Resurrection Card or Reincarnation Card
• Fully functional WCO Email (username@warriorcatsonline.com)
• Scrolling rainbow username
• 40,000 Koins
• 45,000 PM Inbox

Tiger Package - $25.00
• An exclusive award
• A Power Card
• Your choice of a Resurrection Card or Reincarnation Card
• WCO Email (username@warriorcatsonline.com)
• Scrolling rainbow username - lasts for two months instead of one
• 60,000 Koins
• 50,000 PM Inbox

Ideally, our goal is set to be $192, which is the price of our host plan for one year. If we're unable to make this, $107 is sufficient to keep WCO running for another six months.

The staff will do our best to pay for the remainder of the cost in the event this drive isn't successful, however between hospital bills and college payments it's become increasingly difficult to support WCO without assistance from our community. Any help you can give toward donating to WCO is greatly appreciated, and will go toward keeping the site up. :heartbounce:

If you're interested in donating, click here (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/payments.php)!

Elementals
October 14th, 2020, 10:08 PM
I want to donate but I legit have no way of transferring my 1 dollar bill ~sobs~
My parents banned me mailing stuff because the pandemic and they fear that the workers may contaminate the mail.

PEPPERMINT~
October 14th, 2020, 10:23 PM
Totally donating if my parents let me! Oh how I adore that coveted power card.. and the site too of course!

Madelaine
October 14th, 2020, 10:27 PM
would love to, but I don't have paypal only visa. I was supposed to get one, but haven't yet

vellichor
October 14th, 2020, 10:28 PM
I’ll try and save up what I can!! :0
This years the year that I finally get one of these bad boys <33

PEPPERMINT~
October 14th, 2020, 10:29 PM
Does the rainbow username have an expiration date? Not the scrolling one, just the rainbow one.

BEAR.
October 14th, 2020, 10:30 PM
Cheetah and Lion are 1 month, Tiger is 2 Daunting Drago0n

Madelaine
October 14th, 2020, 10:41 PM
Scratch what i said before I got a way of donating using paypal

S t a r
October 14th, 2020, 10:46 PM
Sad, I would LOVE to donate but I can't, I don't have a paypal account or my own money T^T

Mango
October 14th, 2020, 10:50 PM
Probably will donate $5

Bread
October 14th, 2020, 10:51 PM
Question about the tiger pack:

If the features last for two months would someone have to pay $25 each month or is $25 the total of two months?

BEAR.
October 14th, 2020, 10:51 PM
It's the total of two months! Boo Bread

It's a one time payment :)

KITSU.
October 14th, 2020, 11:16 PM
donated $25!

i haven't been here long but i do love it here c:! thanks for being my get away from all the craziness this year <3

CupCakeChloe
October 15th, 2020, 04:40 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can celebrate Halloween!!!!!!! By Evil Chloe

Astraea
October 15th, 2020, 06:36 AM
Nobody:

Me: ~crying in a corner cause im 12 have no money or a paypal~ :< sorry when im older i'll most definity support

-Ash-
October 15th, 2020, 06:38 AM
I'm in the same boat as Nightmarish Stardust :(

plum
October 15th, 2020, 06:45 AM
Donated because I act on impulses :music:

sootsplashed
October 15th, 2020, 07:04 AM
:bawling: i would but i'm not old enough and my parents said no

Lapis Like
October 15th, 2020, 07:16 AM
I would, but has no money is a slight problem

gs29513
October 15th, 2020, 07:37 AM
Is there somewhere we could mail money to? I would love to donate, but I don't have Paypal. BILL.

Rani
October 15th, 2020, 08:10 AM
donated $25!

i haven't been here long but i do love it here c:! thanks for being my get away from all the craziness this year <3

eyy adults with actual money who still drop it on cat rp sites club! Represent!

KITSU.
October 15th, 2020, 08:17 AM
Rani
lmaO we see each other!! 😂

Mango
October 15th, 2020, 08:29 AM
I’m in the same boat as you Rani and Kitsu, well legally not quite an adult, but have my own money to give to a cat site....but my only hesitation is I figure WCO already got the money, at least 2 people donated $25, and a bunch of other people donated.
BILL.

If you get over the amount needed to renew the site, what will you do with the money?

Rani
October 15th, 2020, 08:31 AM
I’m in the same boat as you Rani and Kitsu, well legally not quite an adult, but have my own money to give to a cat site....but my only hesitation is I figure WCO already got the money, at least 2 people donated $25, and a bunch of other people donated.
BILL.

If you get over the amount needed to renew the site, what will you do with the money?

My guess is it gets saved for an emergency fund if theres an issue with the servers or digital space rent goes up. Thats usually how large fan run sites work

Mango
October 15th, 2020, 08:34 AM
My guess is it gets saved for an emergency fund if theres an issue with the servers or digital space rent goes up. Thats usually how large fan run sites work
Yeah probably, idk I’m cool supporting the website, but idk if I want to be helping pay for Bill’s rent

Cobra
October 15th, 2020, 08:34 AM
Actually, WCO uses Bluehost, and you have to pay each year for a plan to use it. That's why they need money!

And why it's awesome, lol.
Rani

Dovey
October 15th, 2020, 10:39 AM
Probaly will TRY and donate 15-20$

But what the heck is a rainbow tag .-.

BEAR.
October 15th, 2020, 10:55 AM
BILL.

It goes toward renewing the domain in April and next year's hosting plan. We don't profit off this and I wouldn't be asking for website donations if I was planning on using it for personal reasons lol

-Ash-
October 15th, 2020, 01:11 PM
Yeah I dont think BILL. would use our money to pay his rent. I hope. Zesty Mango Rani

BEAR.
October 15th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Like I said, it goes to the domain payment in April and the hosting plan for next year. Evie

BEAR.
October 15th, 2020, 02:00 PM
Probaly will TRY and donate 15-20$

But what the heck is a rainbow tag .-.

Your username becomes rainbow colored! Arie's is an example.

Depending on the tier, it might scroll.

-Ash-
October 15th, 2020, 02:47 PM
Wish I could donate BILL.

Arie
October 15th, 2020, 02:53 PM
hi im example

marshy
October 15th, 2020, 03:01 PM
I have to save up a bit first but i'll make sure to make a dono!

Bread
October 15th, 2020, 03:31 PM
i have another question, for the wco email would it be the username i currently have?

Dovey
October 15th, 2020, 03:32 PM
Your username becomes rainbow colored! Arie's is an example.

Depending on the tier, it might scroll.
Oh CRAP.

I assume you don't have to take it :<

BEAR.
October 15th, 2020, 03:52 PM
You can have it be something else if you'd like! Boo Bread

No, you don't need to change it. Star Wolf

Madelaine
October 15th, 2020, 07:47 PM
[ BILL.; ]

Is there a time when donations end?

Wolfgirl8
October 15th, 2020, 07:51 PM
I'll try and donate!

BEAR.
October 15th, 2020, 10:35 PM
Doing a quick update on the donations here --

We've made our goal!

We're currently at $220 out of $192, which is fantastic! It's been a few years since we've done so well during these drives and we couldn't have done it without you guys. :heartbounce:

Because I know some people were interested in donating / the rewards, I won't be closing the drive so they can still have the opportunity to donate if they wish. Officially, the drive will be up until October 18th @ 11:59 PM ET. However, I will leave the subscription tab open to anyone who wishes to donate after that date.

All donations are going to WCO's hosting plan and the domain payment. I know there was some concern over exceeding the goal earlier, but even if we have this year covered, the donations will be carried over into next year.

Thanks again to all those who donated, and thank you to anyone still interested in donating! <3

S t a r
October 15th, 2020, 10:51 PM
Congrats on making the goal! So glad WCO gets to stay up longerr!

-Ash-
October 16th, 2020, 07:31 AM
Congrats, WCO! :heartbounce:

Cobra
October 16th, 2020, 08:00 AM
Hi,

I was thinking of raising some money for it, but I doubt I would be able to get it by the 18th. Do I still get an award if I do it after...?

BILL.

Inconsistency
October 16th, 2020, 01:40 PM
I donated, was that ok? Or was I not supposed to since you went over the goal?

BEAR.
October 16th, 2020, 02:20 PM
Yes Creepy Cobra, the 18th is just when I'm taking down the notice.

And yep, you're fine Shadow! ShadowyUnknown

I explained it in this post (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=826101&postcount=40), but I'm leaving the donations up for those who still want to get the rewards this year. Everything over this year's goal is going toward the hosting plan and domain renewal for next year .

Elementals
October 16th, 2020, 04:23 PM
Yass, our WCO is saveddd

-Ash-
October 16th, 2020, 04:50 PM
My parents don't understand why I'm so obsessed with a "crazy cat site," but you guys are my family :heartbounce: BILL.

Mango
October 17th, 2020, 12:00 PM
BILL.
Is there a certain amount you have to donate to get access to the discord colors for donors? Also on that, how long does the donor role last for and does it have any other perks aside from the colors and role?

BEAR.
October 17th, 2020, 12:50 PM
I'm basing it off of if you get the rainbow name on WCO (regardless of if it scrolls or not.)

So $15+ dollars gets you access to the donor channel. Right now it's the ability to change your color and customize it along with a private chat but I'm looking into adding more things for them to do. Zesty Mango

EDIT: Oh, and I'll probably have it accessible until the end of the year. Undecided.

TheNyanCatMinecart
October 17th, 2020, 07:28 PM
:hmm:I’d love to donate, but I would be unable to. Maybe if I could get my parents to and pay them the money back... but then you wouldn’t know that it was me. I might be able to find a way :hmm:

PEPPERMINT~
October 17th, 2020, 08:03 PM
What's the exclusive reward? BILL.

marshy
October 17th, 2020, 08:12 PM
I know i'm not BILL. but its a little badge thingy that gets put in your awards tab! I have the tiger one if you look! Daunting Drago0n

PEPPERMINT~
October 17th, 2020, 08:13 PM
I know i'm not BILL. but its a little badge thingy that gets put in your awards tab! I have the tiger one if you look! Daunting Drago0n
ohhhhhh

BEAR.
October 17th, 2020, 09:16 PM
:hmm:I’d love to donate, but I would be unable to. Maybe if I could get my parents to and pay them the money back... but then you wouldn’t know that it was me. I might be able to find a way :hmm:

If you go through the subscription page on WCO, it automatically associates the paypal payment with you regardless of who owns the paypal!

TheNyanCatMinecart
October 18th, 2020, 06:35 AM
If you go through the subscription page on WCO, it automatically associates the paypal payment with you regardless of who owns the paypal!

Oh, that’s pretty cool! Alright, I’ll see if I can donate.

Lonely
October 18th, 2020, 08:20 AM
Nobody:

Me: ~crying in a corner cause im 12 have no money or a paypal~ :< sorry when im older i'll most definity support
Im 13 and have no money. :(

CupCakeChloe
October 19th, 2020, 06:53 AM
Wow I love early Halloween!!!!!!
See you again!
.^w^.

CupCakeChloe
October 19th, 2020, 06:53 AM
Well, just a joke but I love early Halloween!
:laughing:
.^w^.

Silversun
October 19th, 2020, 09:26 AM
Hello! I'm new, you are my leader. *Bows*

Dovey
October 19th, 2020, 10:41 AM
What is a WCO email....

UHhhhh

Dovey
October 19th, 2020, 10:41 AM
Hello! I'm new, you are my leader. *Bows*
excuse me what-

Poppytail77
October 20th, 2020, 04:37 PM
Donated $5 :) I haven't been active lately and I only joined last month, but I really do enjoy this site!!!

BEAR.
October 20th, 2020, 04:43 PM
Glad to hear you're enjoying WCO! :heartbounce:

We appreciate your love & support! Poppytail77

Dovey
October 20th, 2020, 04:43 PM
BILL.
What is a warrior cats online email?

BEAR.
October 20th, 2020, 04:45 PM
BILL.
What is a warrior cats online email?

You get an fully functional email account with our URL at the end.

An example would be..

bill@warriorcatsonline.com

Dovey
October 20th, 2020, 04:45 PM
You get an fully functional email account with our URL at the end.

An example would be..

bill@warriorcatsonline.com
Cool!

Dovey
October 23rd, 2020, 06:04 PM
I was thinking about it, and this is bribing us >:0

Jk

BEAR.
October 23rd, 2020, 10:22 PM
I like to think it's making spending your money on WCO somewhat worth it. :) Star Wolf

Dovey
October 24th, 2020, 12:49 PM
I like to think it's making spending your money on WCO somewhat worth it. :) Star Wolf
It is.
My parents won't let me
:(

Sweetie
October 28th, 2020, 02:17 PM
Wait wait wait, we can mail the money!?! If so then I can do that!!!

Leucos
October 28th, 2020, 05:16 PM
I'll see if I can be allowed to donate 25$ I love this site ^-^ and that reward package is looking mighty fine tho *eye emoji * BILL. Question if we click the link and we hit the 25$ and hit order- what will happen? How will we know it worked? .,.

BEAR.
October 29th, 2020, 01:46 AM
Unfortunately we can't accept mailed money :c Shimm sorry! We can only do payment through paypal currently.

NIGHTOWL it should take you to paypal and process like a normal paypal payment!
you'll probably receive a paypal purchase reciept and it notifies me so i can hook you up with the rewards

Ikoria the Wolf Pup
October 29th, 2020, 02:06 PM
BILL. Can I send it with a different email than the one I have in for my login?

BEAR.
October 29th, 2020, 02:10 PM
Yep! Smoky

Ikoria the Wolf Pup
October 29th, 2020, 02:12 PM
Yep! Smoky
Ok, good!

crumbl
November 3rd, 2020, 06:34 PM
How much more do you need before you meet your goal?

BEAR.
November 3rd, 2020, 06:36 PM
We actually made the goal a while back [update here (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=826101&postcount=40)] so any further donations are going to the domain and hosting plan for next year! :)

Right now we're $166 some dollars over the goal. Beyond_Carrot

crumbl
November 3rd, 2020, 07:49 PM
Sounds great BILL. ! Glad you met your goal.

vampy
November 6th, 2020, 10:37 AM
Cri I wish I could donate but my parents won’t allow it :,c