PDA

View Full Version : Wabi-sabi: Cherry Blossoms {Story}

Elementals
April 25th, 2020, 08:45 PM
Wabi-sabi: Cherry Blossoms By: Elementals

Sunortap weaved through the bustling market like any other normal Friday afternoon after he was done with today’s literature exams at the academy, flicking his shimmering grey tail behind him. He was reading the scroll of things that he needed to bring back to Etaivilbo, his diamond-yeared neighbor. Then one of the unchecked items on the list caught his eyes. I need to find some peacock feathers and octopus ink from Muicerapa’s market stall, Sunortap thought. He opened his mouth like a surprised Pxkachu meme and inhaled the semi-cold breeze of early spring. When he finally manages to catch a whiff of octopus ink, and heads towards a very interesting stall assembled from oakwood bookshelves which contained a striped, ginger she-cat with purple colored iris and in her gold-ages who looked up at the sound of Sunortap’s pawsteps.
“Oh, why hello there, Sunortap,” Muicerapa greeted, “running errands for Etaivilbo again I see?”
“Good day to you, Muicerapa and yes I am running some errands for Etaivilbo. She would like to have her usual order if you please,” Sunortap replied.
“Alright then, I will fetch them from the back. You can look around to see if any of the books appeals to your taste,” Muicerapa said.
“Ok, Mistress Muicerapa,” responds Sunortap.
The tom went straight for his favorite book series section where his favorite book series were shelved like gems at a jewelry store. There was Ogetorp, who was the best hero of all time in Sunortap’s opinion. The latest comic book was a golden colored limited edition with the title of Not So Perfect, But So Beautiful featuring Ogetorp who was a blue gendarless cat looking down at a pool of water with its paw out touching his reflection. What do you mean you are not perfect, Ogetorp, questioned Sunortap, you are like the greatest thing in the universe! Sunortap picked up the book with his tail and shuffled towards the register just as the same time Muicerapa came back with his order strapped on her back.
“Found a book of your interest?”Muicerapa asked as she used her tail to record Sunortap’s order.
“Yes, and thank you for fetching the order,” Sunortap replies while placing the golden book onto the counter.
“No problem, Etaivilbo is a great friend of my mother,” Muicerapa smiled as she finished up writing the record, “and your total is 1 green leaf (Equivalent to $10 in human money).”
Sunortap whipped his head from his indespectus storage and looked at her with a mix of disbelief and surprise in his blue eye, “I thought I told you not to apply the discounts on my orders but you can apply it to Etaivilbo’s orders!”
“Well, too bad I can always apply another discount if you will not take--” Muicerapa started.
“No no no, you win this time!” Sunortap yelped in defeat.
“Hehehe,” Muicerapa giggled evilly as she took his green leaf and removed the straps to transfer the package to Sunortap, “have a good day, Sunortap.”
“You too, Ms. Muicerapa!” Sunortap spoke as he stored the package in his with the rest of the things that Etaivilbo asked him to pick up from the market in the indespectus storage. An indespectus storage is an ability of the descendants of the Cave clan. Descendants or cats from the Cave clan can be identified with shimmering tails. The way the in depectus storage works is that the cat of the ability could store things in their imaginary locker and retrieve things whenever they wish. Only the cat is able to use their own lock, nobody else is able to unless the cat dies and implants the ability to access the locker to no more than 2 other cats they could trust. Each cat with the despectus storage has their own locker from birth.
As Muicerapa turned around to count the books she sold so far today, Sunortap smuggled a blue leaf (equivalent to $20 in human money) into her tip jar as usual when Muicerapa gives him a discount and headed back towards his neighborhood of shrubs. He stopped in front of a Raspberry bush with the seal of an empty brain on a regular round grey rock, which are often found by rivers, hidden behind some of the bush’s leaves.
“Ms.Etaivilbo,” asked Sunortap, “it’s Sunortap with your orders!”
An elderly she-cat stepped out blinking her purple eyes in appreciation as she approached Sunortap at the opening of her bush and accepted the package.
“Thank you, young ‘un. You sure are a perfect gentlecat!” Etaivilbo meowed in appreciation as Sunortap blushed with pride.
Sunortap’s biggest dream in his life is to be the most perfect tom cat in history just like Ogetorp. Sunortap wants to be the very best like no cat ever was! (Well, he will still remain loyal and look up to Ogetorp). Etaivilbo sighed and blinked her purple eyes.
“Young ‘un, you mustin push yourself for something that will burden you. You must remember that even cats like your dear Ogetorp have a balance of weaknesses and flaws. Why do you think that Ogetorp wrote the latest edition?”Etaivilbo mewed after she read his mind.
Sunortap stared at the diamond-aged cat with a combination of annoyed and disbelief, “You read my mind again, didn’t you….”
Cats from the Bush clan like Etaivilbo and Muricerapa are identified with any shade of purple irises. The descendants and the cats of the Bush clan have the ability of telepathy. They can read anyone’s thoughts in the average radar of 3 miles.
“But the biggest question of all is, you know Ogetorp?” Sunortap asked.
Etaivilbo chuckled, “Who said diamond-aged cats like me are not allowed to know what the silver-aged are interested in reading?”
“Nobody, miss!” Sunortap yelped in embarrassment.
Etaivilbo looked at Sunortap hard with concentration, “Young ‘un when I was ‘bout thy age, I would also dream about being perfect. But then I came across a sign that said ‘Wabi-Sabi’. I think what it has taught me will be beneficial to you. When thee get home, turn to page 394 of the Ogetorp book and think about what thee are going to do.”
She turned around and came back to Sunortap and was carrying a half a pawful of cherry blossom seeds wrapped in a green leaf with her tail and plopped the miniature package at Sunortap’s paws.Sunortap studied the package with curiosity and asked, “You didn’t need to pay me again and no offense miss but cherry blossom seeds?”
“Ohohoho, didn’t I say to read page 394 when thee git home young cat?” Etaivilbo ordered.
“Yes, miss and thank you!” Sunortap thanked Etaivilbo and stored the package in his and walked to find his way home with the faint light left from sunset while still curiously pondering about what Etaivilbo mewed to him.
“Mother! Father! Sis! I’m home!” Sunortap announced as he trotted through his family’s bush opening.
“Ack, you startled me will your lion’s roar, Sunortap!” yelped Oraper from the kitchen, “By the way, mom and dad are helping volunteer at the market again!”
“Ok, thank you!” Sunortap responded as he turned to his bedding and followed Etaivilbo’s orders.
He took out the comic book and mini pack of seeds wrapped in his payment from his indespectus storage and plopped on his bedding constructed from about a mountain of bird feathers and spec of moss. He used his teeth to cut the pine-tree leaf securing the parcel and flipped the comic book to page 394. The page contained:
“One wise cat I will alway treasure with my lives (cats who perform deep good deeds gain lives and the max they can obtain is 9) is someone who taught be that balance may seem like something unnecessary at first but when you truly understand it, then you will understand that it is important to all of your lives. Take a cherry blossom seed for example, the seed needs a lot of things to keep healthy. But having too much of one factor can topple the seed’s health. So it needs to be balanced. Like if a bee kept choosing only a cherry blossom to get nectar from, then all the other flowers would slowly die out. I know my strengths and sometimes I accidently take them for granted but with strengths, you need a set of weaknesses as well. You can choose what you want to do with them. But the one that will benefit you the most is to embrace them.”
Sunortap looked up at the ceiling with a whole new perspective on how he was going to live his life. He was going to start with taking care of the seeds. He closed his book but then his tail flipped a page back open again. Sunortap turned to close it again but the words caught his eyes. The page read: “Dedicated to my aunt, Etaivilbo”

~

Afterword:
Hello, it’s the author of this short story. I will provide some credits to what inspired me for this story and some extra notes.

Quotes that inspired this story:
“Even if you’re not perfect, you’re still limited edition”-RM (Kim Namjoon from BTS)
“Not so perfect, but so beautiful”-Jin (Kim Seokjin from BTS)
“You were to be real, not to be perfect”-Suga (Min Yoongi from BTS)
“A circle has no beginning”-Luna (From J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter)

Theme:
There are multiple themes that I put together for this short story, here are the themes: Sometimes, it's better to let go/ You can choose what you love to do but remember to balance it/ Perfection comes in many forms. (You can interpret the story the way you wish to, this is merely just a list of some thoughts I kept in mind as I wrote this story)

:cow:Thank you to everyone who supported me throughout my journey so far! I will always treasure the memories I had with you in my heart! Thank you reader for reading this : ) Please be sure to give me feedback! Have a nice day or night where ever you are and may your dreams and hopes one day come true!