PDA

View Full Version : Member Feedback Needed!

Dust
July 3rd, 2019, 05:25 AM
Hello members of WCO!

The staff team is looking to create a guide to help newer members feel confident and informed when joining our community and roleplay.

We recognize that sometimes it can difficult for members to understand how to use certain functions upon joining, which can lead to frustration or becoming disinterested in the site. So by creating this guide we hope to make the experience more fluid & detailed for everyone! But we need your feedback!

Old, new, and everything in between is welcome to leave a comment on what was most difficult, either technically or personally, for you to understand when you were a new member. Any and all feedback is appreciated and, more importantly, helpful!

Please make sure to be descriptive so the staff team can be as specific as possible. Thanks so much for your help!

If you find yourself drawing a blank, here are some examples of what we are looking for:

"When I first joined, I had trouble navigating the website because I had never used an
online forum before. This made it hard to find my desired category to roleplay in
because I was unsure where to look."

- OR -

"I always found it difficult to find someone to rp with. I've always been a little shy,
but even when I posted & bumped my finders no one seemed to reply! I was really
confused on how to get people to roleplay with me and it really put me off."

Branch of Life
July 8th, 2019, 04:26 PM
When I first started to use the site, I couldn't figure out how the visitor messages would work. This is because I hadn't ever used a form set out like this before. I could not understand the way that the "view conversation" button worked because I thought I can see their post so, I'm viewing the conversation.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards,
Branch of Life

Fuzzy
July 8th, 2019, 07:59 PM
When I first joined the whole sure confused me honestly. But if never really used online RPs and I was bad and didn't read the info aside from basic rules and privacy stuff. I've now read everything more then once now don't worry.
Anyway the posting was confusing at first because I thought when I clicked on a thread the newest posts would show up first instead of the start of the post, which makes sense to me now.
That's probably the most confusing thing for when I joined, that I can remember

Tempest's Song
July 27th, 2019, 01:26 AM
Honestly, as a new user, the thing that confuses me most isn't really the website- it's the history!

There are so many terms and battles that you hear about from older users on the site that you don;t understand! I think it would be a lot easier if there was, like, a history of the warriuors cats website. it would be inetersting to see all of the conflicts and their key players!

Orangestripe
July 28th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Tempest's song there is a way to look up warrior cats terminology at http://warriors.fandom.com

Tempest's Song
July 28th, 2019, 05:28 PM
Tempest's song there is a way to look up warrior cats terminology at http://warriors.fandom.com

I may have not been clear. I meant, this site's Roleplay history. I know the mainseries books, I think it would be interesting to know the background of this site's characters and histories.

Shadowlight
July 31st, 2019, 10:25 AM
When I joined, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't join a clan or go to many of the forum threads

Painthedoll
July 31st, 2019, 01:49 PM
confused on what i can do when i first join as i have limit abilities so i feel i have nothing to do and it's not really explain that well so i'm kinda just shifting through the rules and what not trying everything out.

DepressoExpresso
August 5th, 2019, 05:43 PM
Hi! I'm new (literally JUST joined lol) and although I understand the limited abilities, The website layout is a bit...much...? Idk, I'll probably figure eveything out, but maybe It could be a bit confusing, and maybe instead og galaxy have a more plain background? Just a thought, over all very welcomed!

Dust
August 5th, 2019, 06:18 PM
Hi! I'm new (literally JUST joined lol) and although I understand the limited abilities, The website layout is a bit...much...? Idk, I'll probably figure eveything out, but maybe It could be a bit confusing, and maybe instead og galaxy have a more plain background? Just a thought, over all very welcomed!

Welcome to the site <3

Thank you for the feedback! We are currently working to provide more themes for the members - however if you would like something different, we have older themes available! Simply scroll down to the very bottom of the page and look for the drop down text box that says "Default Style".

If you have any questions please be sure to let myself or any other staff know & we hope you enjoy your time on the site!

bright !
August 5th, 2019, 06:48 PM
Honestly, as a new user, the thing that confuses me most isn't really the website- it's the history!

There are so many terms and battles that you hear about from older users on the site that you don;t understand! I think it would be a lot easier if there was, like, a history of the warriuors cats website. it would be inetersting to see all of the conflicts and their key players!

i think this would be really cool, to have history of the site plots and all :^)

SerenityWorks
August 12th, 2019, 02:28 AM
I think that, as a new member, I had been really... taken aback by the site. It seemed so big, with so many forums and users! I didn’t know where to start.
Also, I generally just don’t like entering roleplays when I make my character. I guess I’m just shy or something, but I never looked forward to doing that when I read about it.

Also, it’s really annoying sometimes when you have to type something (and this is only in some areas, like your profile details), and the box is really small. If you make a mistake, you would likely have to delete things to go back to that mistake, instead of just tapping/clicking onto it. I suggest that, when the typing box is clicked/tapped, it will expand into a larger box. This’ll be much easier for all users, mostly new ones who are making their profile details.

Sorry this is so long! I’m actually not too new, I’ve come back from a different account. But, then again, I am relevantly new, since I hadn’t really started up back then.

SerenityWorks
August 12th, 2019, 02:29 AM
I think that, as a new member, I had been really... taken aback by the site. It seemed so big, with so many forums and users! I didn’t know where to start.
Also, I generally just don’t like entering roleplays when I make my character. I guess I’m just shy or something, but I never looked forward to doing that when I read about it.

Also, it’s really annoying sometimes when you have to type something (and this is only in some areas, like your profile details), and the box is really small. If you make a mistake, you would likely have to delete things to go back to that mistake, instead of just tapping/clicking onto it. I suggest that, when the typing box is clicked/tapped, it will expand into a larger box. This’ll be much easier for all users, mostly new ones who are making their profile details.

Sorry this is so long! I’m actually not too new, I’ve come back from a different account. But, then again, I am relevantly new, since I hadn’t really started up back then.

Whoops I messed up my text haha
I’m gonna fix it really quickly

k!ngk3s
August 12th, 2019, 10:14 AM
Man i havnt been here in a while! My suggestion is that make history on the site or take out Contact Info as it just says stuff that you can do on the profile - Fireleaf From My PS4

Darthpandalord36078
August 14th, 2019, 11:53 PM
I just joined and can't figure out how role play works please help

Dust
August 15th, 2019, 06:03 AM
I just joined and can't figure out how role play works please help

Hello!

Warriorcatsonline is a text based roleplay site :) If you haven't already, please be sure to read our [Site Guidelines (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4)] and [Roleplay Guidelines (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100)].

If you're having trouble figuring out what to do next, you can start by creating a character! You can make them a biography and post it in our thread. Once this is done you can start roleplaying whenever! Depending on your cats clan, you want to find the corresponding thread. If you cat is in Riverclan, you will want to post in that section :) If you want to try and find people to roleplay with, you can check here in the [[B]Character Resources (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)].

Icetail0997
August 23rd, 2019, 12:40 PM
I don't know how to post, can anyone help me?

Starfall
August 23rd, 2019, 02:33 PM
I don't know how to post, can anyone help me?
Hello :heartbounce:
To post, all you have to do is click on the Roleplaying OOC clan Sections, such as Thunderclan, Riverclan etc etc. Than click on where you wish to have your character be, such as the Thunderclan clearing, or the Warriors den.
Once you're there you type up your roleplay the same way you typed up your question here :heartbounce:

Icetail0997
August 24th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Hello :heartbounce:
To post, all you have to do is click on the Roleplaying OOC clan Sections, such as Thunderclan, Riverclan etc etc. Than click on where you wish to have your character be, such as the Thunderclan clearing, or the Warriors den.
Once you're there you type up your roleplay the same way you typed up your question here :heartbounce:
Thank you so much! :happycat:

Sum
August 24th, 2019, 04:48 PM

I agree! This would be really neat and helpful! :0

BEAR.
August 24th, 2019, 10:45 PM

i think this would be really cool, to have history of the site plots and all :^)

I agree! This would be really neat and helpful! :0

To address this-- I don't believe Dipper and I are planning on implementing a site history. At this point it'd be hard to hit all the plots within the WCO story line (the major ones, like the Evil Eras have been previously explained but I can repost those if y'all would like), but you can find most of the plot threads in our archives. :)

You can also take a look on old WCO-- brookcat.webs.com for more historical roleplay content.

Mango
August 25th, 2019, 12:16 PM
I wish that the link to each clan would take us straight to the tab where you see this (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22) but for each clan instead of this (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/misc.php?do=page&template=shadowclan).

Also, I’d like if the pawprints theme maybe had some brown pawprints, they wouldn’t have to move or anything, either that or maybe rename it as it was a bit disappointing when I selected it curious to see what it looked like and I didn’t see any pawprints.

Dust
August 25th, 2019, 12:35 PM
I wish that the link to each clan would take us straight to the tab where you see this (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22) but for each clan instead of this (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/misc.php?do=page&template=shadowclan).

Also, I’d like if the pawprints theme maybe had some brown pawprints, they wouldn’t have to move or anything, either that or maybe rename it as it was a bit disappointing when I selected it curious to see what it looked like and I didn’t see any pawprints.

Thank you for your feedback; however, this is not what this thread is for! This feedback thread is for a new members guide. For anyone who wishes to send us feedback on the new site layout, please be sure to message a staff member through our Support :)

TheCozmos
August 29th, 2019, 07:58 AM
I would like to say that i have now made 6 posts and i am still not allowed to do some of the site. i cant get on the thundercan roster, witch i have been wanting to do.

The Flying Pizza
August 29th, 2019, 08:03 AM
I was lost when I first joined WCO. I was unsure of links and I still am, but hopefully I'll manage to in the future.

Sincerely, Harebreeze

TheCozmos
September 17th, 2019, 02:24 PM
I love this site. But, I have some suggestions for the site.
1. Make the messages deletable. Some things are just taking up space.
2. Make forums easier to find. I need to know where things are.
3. Make the forums have a small excerpt so you know what is contained in them.
4. Change the backgrounds so they have a little more character. They just don't have enough character.

BEAR.
September 18th, 2019, 12:50 AM
I love this site. But, I have some suggestions for the site.
1. Make the messages deletable. Some things are just taking up space.
2. Make forums easier to find. I need to know where things are.
3. Make the forums have a small excerpt so you know what is contained in them.
4. Change the backgrounds so they have a little more character. They just don't have enough character.

Hello!

To answer some of these--

- We used to have VMs you could delete, however it didn't really change the 'clutter' problem as it still shows 'message deleted by user.' Additionally, it makes it harder for staff to moderate if users are deleting their messages, as some might use that feature to their advantage to violate guidelines. (It's happened before!)

- Most of our forums can be found using the forum index, and roleplay related forums can be found by going through the Clan pages -- which contain important information regarding Clan news, joining, and ranks. If there's another issue you're having with navigating the forums, let me know!

- The forums already have a description! You can view them under the category names.

- We have had 'picture' backgrounds in the past but generally, they're usually distracting and take away from the rest of the theme. Feel free to spice up your profile through customizations if you'd like :)