PDA

View Full Version : Roxie’s Adventure [Open to All]

Tundra
May 14th, 2019, 11:35 AM
Roxie rolled around in the warm grass. She still hadn’t found her owners, but she figured she could still hang around the Twoleg place. She stopped and looked up at the clouds, purring as they slowly moved across the sky. After a few moments she continued rolling. “This is nice.” She purred, rolling to her paws. She shook her pelt to get the dirt off, then hopped away. “Wonder what else I can see until I go...”

[Its rushed, I’m sorry]

|:| Tundra |:|
May 15th, 2019, 09:40 PM
Roxie rolled around in the warm grass. She still hadn’t found her owners, but she figured she could still hang around the Twoleg place. She stopped and looked up at the clouds, purring as they slowly moved across the sky. After a few moments she continued rolling. “This is nice.” She purred, rolling to her paws. She shook her pelt to get the dirt off, then hopped away. “Wonder what else I can see until I go...”

[Its rushed, I’m sorry]

Shelby trotted leisurely along the cement pavement of Twolegplace, the warm sun shining down on her fur. It was a beautiful day; fluffy white clouds dotted the aquamarine sky, and the chatter of finches could be heard among the treetops. Unlike many of the Twolegplace strays, Shelby hadn't been alone her whole life. She never knew her father, but her mother was a beautiful Siamese kittypet who raised Shelby and her brothers in a garden shed in her housefolk's backyard. She said that if the Twolegs found out about them, they would send the kits away to live with other Twolegs. Thankfully, that never happened, and once the kits were old enough, they went to live by themselves. Feather had gone off to live by himself in the forest, but Pine still lived in Twolegplace, and Shelby checked in with him as well as their mother regularly. She had just returned from a visit with her mother when she glimpsed a she-cat rolling around leisurely in the grass next to a Twoleg den. It was a nice neighborhood; all of the Twolegs had large, nicely kept houses and yards, and all of the kittypets were friendly enough, so why should this cat be any different? "Hi there," she called, trotting over to the she-cat. "I'm Shelby. What's your name?"

Flameleaf

Tundra
May 16th, 2019, 04:07 PM
Shelby trotted leisurely along the cement pavement of Twolegplace, the warm sun shining down on her fur. It was a beautiful day; fluffy white clouds dotted the aquamarine sky, and the chatter of finches could be heard among the treetops. Unlike many of the Twolegplace strays, Shelby hadn't been alone her whole life. She never knew her father, but her mother was a beautiful Siamese kittypet who raised Shelby and her brothers in a garden shed in her housefolk's backyard. She said that if the Twolegs found out about them, they would send the kits away to live with other Twolegs. Thankfully, that never happened, and once the kits were old enough, they went to live by themselves. Feather had gone off to live by himself in the forest, but Pine still lived in Twolegplace, and Shelby checked in with him as well as their mother regularly. She had just returned from a visit with her mother when she glimpsed a she-cat rolling around leisurely in the grass next to a Twoleg den. It was a nice neighborhood; all of the Twolegs had large, nicely kept houses and yards, and all of the kittypets were friendly enough, so why should this cat be any different? "Hi there," she called, trotting over to the she-cat. "I'm Shelby. What's your name?"

Flameleaf

Roxie tripped over her paws as she heard a voice. “Wh-” She broke off as she crashed into the grass, getting a bit of dirt in her mouth. “Pleh!” She spat, attempting to get the dirt out of her mouth. It took her a moment to realize that there was another cat standing there. “J-just a sec!” She coughed, scrambling to her paws. “Hi, I’m Roxie! Uh, nice to meet you.” She purred as she spun around, trying her best to ignore the few remaining bits of dirt on her tongue.

May 16th, 2019, 04:28 PM
Roxie tripped over her paws as she heard a voice. “Wh-” She broke off as she crashed into the grass, getting a bit of dirt in her mouth. “Pleh!” She spat, attempting to get the dirt out of her mouth. It took her a moment to realize that there was another cat standing there. “J-just a sec!” She coughed, scrambling to her paws. “Hi, I’m Roxie! Uh, nice to meet you.” She purred as she spun around, trying her best to ignore the few remaining bits of dirt on her tongue.

Shelby laughed. "Heh, sorry to startle you, Roxie; I'd just never seen you around this neighborhood before and I thought I'd come introduce myself," she mewed, a friendly tone to her voice. "So, just curious, what exactly are you doing here? I've never talked to you before, I don't think." The cat looked like she could be one of the kittypets that lived in the neighborhood, other than the fact that Shelby hadn't seen her around before. Perhaps she had just moved in? Shelby had seen one of the big monsters that Twolegs put their stuff in when they change dens come down the street earlier, though maybe that was just a coincidence.

Tundra
May 16th, 2019, 07:48 PM
Shelby laughed. "Heh, sorry to startle you, Roxie; I'd just never seen you around this neighborhood before and I thought I'd come introduce myself," she mewed, a friendly tone to her voice. "So, just curious, what exactly are you doing here? I've never talked to you before, I don't think." The cat looked like she could be one of the kittypets that lived in the neighborhood, other than the fact that Shelby hadn't seen her around before. Perhaps she had just moved in? Shelby had seen one of the big monsters that Twolegs put their stuff in when they change dens come down the street earlier, though maybe that was just a coincidence.

“Its fine, uhm...” Roxie chuckled nervously, then figured she could just tell her. After all, what harm could be done by the truth? “I’m a... Loner. I lost my owners while ago when it was moving day, I jumped out of the car to catch a mouse and couldn’t make it back in time. I watched them go, too...” She looked down at her paws as she began thinking of that day. After a few moments of silence she shook her fur, then looked back up at Shelby, trying to look a cheerful as possible. “Anyway, do you live here, in the neighborhood?”

May 16th, 2019, 10:29 PM
“Its fine, uhm...” Roxie chuckled nervously, then figured she could just tell her. After all, what harm could be done by the truth? “I’m a... Loner. I lost my owners while ago when it was moving day, I jumped out of the car to catch a mouse and couldn’t make it back in time. I watched them go, too...” She looked down at her paws as she began thinking of that day. After a few moments of silence she shook her fur, then looked back up at Shelby, trying to look a cheerful as possible. “Anyway, do you live here, in the neighborhood?”

Shelby flicked her tail. "Well... uh... sort of-ish? I'm a loner too, but my mom's a kittypet; she lives down the street," she said, gesturing with a flick of her ear towards her mother's house. "I just sort of sleep wherever I want: garages, sheds, the occasional rooftop- seriously, you should try sleeping on someone's roof sometime; it's super fun!" She laughed. "So, yeah, I guess you could call me a wanderer. A free spirit, you could say. I go where my heart takes me, and I love it. I wouldn't trade it for the world." Shelby dipped her head. "So... that sucks, about your owners." She was nervous that this was a sensitive topic, but her curiosity overpowered her reluctance. "How long's it been? Since you became a loner, I mean."

Tundra
May 17th, 2019, 02:34 AM
Shelby flicked her tail. "Well... uh... sort of-ish? I'm a loner too, but my mom's a kittypet; she lives down the street," she said, gesturing with a flick of her ear towards her mother's house. "I just sort of sleep wherever I want: garages, sheds, the occasional rooftop- seriously, you should try sleeping on someone's roof sometime; it's super fun!" She laughed. "So, yeah, I guess you could call me a wanderer. A free spirit, you could say. I go where my heart takes me, and I love it. I wouldn't trade it for the world." Shelby dipped her head. "So... that sucks, about your owners." She was nervous that this was a sensitive topic, but her curiosity overpowered her reluctance. "How long's it been? Since you became a loner, I mean."

Roxie giggled. “I tried sleeping on a roof and almost fell of, I even tore a claw, see.” She unsheathed her claws on her right paw, showing Shelby that she wasn’t lying. After a moment or two, she sheathed her claws again. “Oh, my owners, uh... I’m sure I’ll find them again, even though I’ve been searching for a while... But I won’t give up, I’m sure I’ll find them again!” She smiled. “When I first got lost it was a bit hard to hunt, since I wasn’t too good at it. I only caught a mouse every now and then, if I got lucky, that is... I learned eventually though, self-taught. Its... still not easy, but I can manage.” She paused. “So, why are you at loner? Did your humans take you away from your mother?”

May 17th, 2019, 05:41 PM
Roxie giggled. “I tried sleeping on a roof and almost fell of, I even tore a claw, see.” She unsheathed her claws on her right paw, showing Shelby that she wasn’t lying. After a moment or two, she sheathed her claws again. “Oh, my owners, uh... I’m sure I’ll find them again, even though I’ve been searching for a while... But I won’t give up, I’m sure I’ll find them again!” She smiled. “When I first got lost it was a bit hard to hunt, since I wasn’t too good at it. I only caught a mouse every now and then, if I got lucky, that is... I learned eventually though, self-taught. Its... still not easy, but I can manage.” She paused. “So, why are you at loner? Did your humans take you away from your mother?”

"No," Shelby replied. "Though my mother was a kittypet, I've always been a loner. My mother raised us in her housefolk's backyard, keeping us a secret from her owners. She said that if they found us, they'd send us to live with other housefolk." She shuddered. "I'm glad that never happened. We grew up in peace, and when we were old enough, we left to go live by ourselves. My brother, Feather, left to go live with those strange forest cats, but my other littermate and my mother still live around here, so I visit them often." Her gaze darkened. "I bet you miss your housefolk, huh. My mother would, too, if they got separated. Twolegs do strange things, but Mother says that they do love her, and she loves them." Suddenly, Shelby's ears perked up. "Ooh! I know! We can go find your housefolk! They can't be far, right? We'll ask around, and find out which way they went, and follow their trail. Then you can be with them again!" She beamed at Roxie. This will work. she thought. I know it will.

Tundra
May 18th, 2019, 08:19 PM
"No," Shelby replied. "Though my mother was a kittypet, I've always been a loner. My mother raised us in her housefolk's backyard, keeping us a secret from her owners. She said that if they found us, they'd send us to live with other housefolk." She shuddered. "I'm glad that never happened. We grew up in peace, and when we were old enough, we left to go live by ourselves. My brother, Feather, left to go live with those strange forest cats, but my other littermate and my mother still live around here, so I visit them often." Her gaze darkened. "I bet you miss your housefolk, huh. My mother would, too, if they got separated. Twolegs do strange things, but Mother says that they do love her, and she loves them." Suddenly, Shelby's ears perked up. "Ooh! I know! We can go find your housefolk! They can't be far, right? We'll ask around, and find out which way they went, and follow their trail. Then you can be with them again!" She beamed at Roxie. This will work. she thought. I know it will.

Roxie gave a warm smile as she listened to Shelby speak. “Lucky.” She purred when she had finished. “Yeah, the forest cats are a bit... strange... They’re pretty kind though, I traveled with some just a few moons ago. One of them was trying to find their father. Not sure if they ever did, I got separated from the group during a dog attack, I... managed to lead it away.” She chucked nervously at the mention of finding her housefolk, ears flattened. “Yeah, about that... Remember when I said I went to catch a mouse? Well by the time I came back they were already driving away, I ran after them but they turned the corner, and that’s where I stopped.” She blinked. “I don’t know how far or close they are.. Plus, they’ve been gone fora few years now, they could’ve moved again..”

May 18th, 2019, 08:55 PM
Roxie gave a warm smile as she listened to Shelby speak. “Lucky.” She purred when she had finished. “Yeah, the forest cats are a bit... strange... They’re pretty kind though, I traveled with some just a few moons ago. One of them was trying to find their father. Not sure if they ever did, I got separated from the group during a dog attack, I... managed to lead it away.” She chucked nervously at the mention of finding her housefolk, ears flattened. “Yeah, about that... Remember when I said I went to catch a mouse? Well by the time I came back they were already driving away, I ran after them but they turned the corner, and that’s where I stopped.” She blinked. “I don’t know how far or close they are.. Plus, they’ve been gone fora few years now, they could’ve moved again..”

Shelby's tail drooped. "Oh. Yeah, you're probably right." She idly bit the side of her cheek, thinking. "But, I mean, I was just going to say... I think we still have a chance. I have connections all over the city; I know bunches and bunches of cats. I even know some from other towns, too." Her eyes shined with determination. "Some of them must know something about where your housefolk went." She flicked her tail. "I understand if you don't want to. It'd be a long journey, and I don't even know if we'd find them or not, but if you want to, just say the word and I'm willing to try."

Tundra
May 20th, 2019, 11:32 AM
Shelby's tail drooped. "Oh. Yeah, you're probably right." She idly bit the side of her cheek, thinking. "But, I mean, I was just going to say... I think we still have a chance. I have connections all over the city; I know bunches and bunches of cats. I even know some from other towns, too." Her eyes shined with determination. "Some of them must know something about where your housefolk went." She flicked her tail. "I understand if you don't want to. It'd be a long journey, and I don't even know if we'd find them or not, but if you want to, just say the word and I'm willing to try."

Roxie down as she pawed at the grass. “If what you say is true, then...” She looked up at Shelby, a smile forming on her face. “Then I’m willing to try! Although, I don’t want you getting separated from your mother.” The ginger-and-white she-cat flicked her tail as she watched a bird land on a fence. “But uh... If we do end up finding my housefolk, you’ll be coming back here, correct?”

May 23rd, 2019, 11:08 PM
Shelby flicked her tail. "Hmm... Maybe, maybe not. I go where my heart takes me, and if I like where we end up, I might just stay." If she was telling the truth, she had been wanting to leave for a while now. She had lived here her whole life and was finding it a little difficult to make a decision on whether or not to leave, but now, with Roxie with her, she felt a bit more confident.

Flameleaf

Tundra
May 24th, 2019, 12:01 AM
Troutleap124

Roxie frowned. She didn’t like judging other cats or telling them what to do, but she didn’t want Shelby to end up all alone. Maybe she can stay with me if it works.. The molly gave a slow nod. “Alright, well... When do we leave?” She asked, tail flicking. Roxie exhaled as she looked around.