PDA

View Full Version : Jingle bells in the hard life

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Christmas to a group of orphans who ran away and now live on their own in an abandoned small town, miles and miles away from any civilization. Meanwhile, concerned officials are working on tracking them down.. But that's a different story.

FORM:

NAME:
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST(Mostly for older kids):
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN:
OTHER/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS:

name-age
Oldest: Adriana MacBlain-19 (Wild Card)
Middle Ages: Amy-8, Lisa-4, Kris Baker-9, Jesse-17, Bree-15, Ava-10, Sky Vallen-9, Flight Velasco-12, Alec-16(Always open)
Youngest: Echo-3 (Phoenix)

Characters can't be younger than the youngest or older than the oldest, but any age in between!

There will be another thread for the investigation, then maybe after a while it will just be normal orphanage life.

Enjoy, Have fun, And Happy Holidays(Basically just made this for Holiday sake)

red_inactive
December 10th, 2016, 08:52 PM
Can I reserve the oldest girl that takes care of them all?

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Can I reserve the oldest girl that takes care of them all?

Yes

red_inactive
December 10th, 2016, 08:56 PM
NAME: Adriana MacBlain
LOOKS: Curly red hair, green eyes.
PERSONALITY: TBRP
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST: Open
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: Parents died in car crash.
OTHER/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS: Yes, she's old enough to be an adult; however, she never got the proper education to get a job, so she's been stuck in the orphanage as long as she can remember.

NAME: Amy
LOOKS: Short black hair, blue eyes
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST: ... She's 8.
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: Parents were killed in mass shooting.
OTHER/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS: Nope

NAME: Lisa
LOOKS: Long curly black hair, gold eyes, dark skin
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST: .... She's 4.
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: She was abandoned, and nobody knows why.

Hallowed Echo
December 10th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Save me the youngest please!)

Socks
NAME: Kris Baker
LOOKS: here (https://thehonanchapelnewsletter.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/fireman.jpg)
PERSONALITY: TBRP'd
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST(mostly for older kids): Has a little-kid crush on some of the older girls, but its not love and he denies it.
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: Lived with mother until she passed away from sickness when he was 4, he's convinced his father is coming for him and he's not an orphan.
OTHER/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS: Nada

Socks
Save me the youngest please!)

M'kay

Night Awaits
December 10th, 2016, 09:17 PM
Is it alright if I make a 12 year old boy?

Hallowed Echo
December 10th, 2016, 09:18 PM
NAME: Jesse
LOOKS: Black hair with blue eyes and black clothing.
PERSONALITY: Protective, Gentle, Friendly
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST: Just ask
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: Abandoned due to being a mistake birth.

NAME: Echo
LOOKS: Brown hair with brown eyes and a black hoodie with jeans
PERSONALITY: Shy, Dependable, Quiet, Friendly.
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: Ditched in the middle of a forest.
OTHER/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS: Jesse found Echo in the forest and started taking care of him.

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Is it alright if I make a 12 year old boy?

Yes, any age as long as its younger than the oldest and older than the youngest

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 09:24 PM
NAME: Jesse
LOOKS: Black hair with blue eyes and black clothing.
PERSONALITY: Protective, Gentle, Friendly
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST: Just ask
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: Abandoned due to being a mistake birth.

NAME: Echo
LOOKS: Brown hair with brown eyes and a black hoodie with jeans
PERSONALITY: Shy, Dependable, Quiet, Friendly.
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: Ditched in the middle of a forest.
OTHER/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS: Jesse found Echo in the forest and started taking care of him.

Accepted!

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 09:24 PM
NAME: Adriana MacBlain
LOOKS: Curly red hair, green eyes.
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: Parents died in car crash.
OTHER/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS: Yes, she's old enough to be an adult; however, she never got the proper education to get a job, so she's been stuck in the orphanage as long as she can remember.

NAME: Amy
LOOKS: Short black hair, blue eyes
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST: ... She's 8.
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: Parents were killed in mass shooting.

NAME: Lisa
LOOKS: Long curly black hair, gold eyes, dark skin
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST: .... She's 4.
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: She was abandoned, and nobody knows why.

Forgot to accept you, Accepted!

red_inactive
December 10th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Can we start now~?

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 09:52 PM
Can we start now~?

Yes, if you'd like to!

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 11:17 PM
Kris lay in a dirty bed with slightly worn blankets, which were slightly kicked off his body and only covered his legs. In his hands he was tightly clutching a stuffed lion, with food and dirt in its mane, and its tail halfway cut off.
Wake up call in his new home with the orphans had happened about twelve minutes ago, and a few boys were still getting dressed but Kris wasn't getting up, he wanted sleep. He hadn't wanted to be in the orphanage, but at least there his father would know where to go to pick him up at. Now, he was in the middle of no where, and it was hot, and the older kids told him to wake up early, and everything was dirty, and the food was grosser than what Ms. Donna at the orphanage cooked.
Worst of all, his father couldn't come get him! The older kids who took everyone here told him they were going to a better place to be, and Kris thought that meant they were going to get all their Mommies and Daddies and be with them on Christmas, but no! They had to have gone here! Stupid big kids!

goddess of ducks
December 10th, 2016, 11:24 PM
NAME: Bree
LOOKS: She stands at 5'4 and has shoulder length curly brown hair. She has dark brown eyes and somewhat bushy eyebrows.
PERSONALITY: She can be very quiet and shy. She likes to open up, just only around her close friends. She doesn't get along with little kids very well and prefers the age of around 8. She hates being blamed for things she had not committed and being put in charge of things she herself did not volunteer for.
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST(Mostly for older kids): Open
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: Her parents died in a fire that burnt down their apartment building.
OTHER/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS: She may have slight trust issues

toriel
December 10th, 2016, 11:25 PM
NAME:ava
LOOKS:http://img04.deviantart.net/670f/i/2016/192/a/a/_art_undertale__frisk_by_kirakotova-da9hpd6.png
PERSONALITY:TBRP'D
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST(Mostly for older kids):none
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN:parents drowned in a flood while she was at a sleepover with her friend in a different town than the one the flood took place in.

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 11:26 PM
NAME: Bree
LOOKS: She stands at 5'4 and has shoulder length curly brown hair. She has dark brown eyes and somewhat bushy eyebrows.
PERSONALITY: She can be very quiet and shy. She likes to open up, just only around her close friends. She doesn't get along with little kids very well and prefers the age of around 8. She hates being blamed for things she had not committed and being put in charge of things she herself did not volunteer for.
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: Her parents died in a fire that burnt down their apartment building.
OTHER/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS: She may have slight trust issues

Accepted!

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 11:27 PM
NAME:ava
LOOKS:http://img04.deviantart.net/670f/i/2016/192/a/a/_art_undertale__frisk_by_kirakotova-da9hpd6.png
PERSONALITY:TBRP'D
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST(Mostly for older kids):none
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN:parents drowned in a flood while she was at a sleepover with her friend in a different town than the one the flood took place in.

Accepted

goddess of ducks
December 10th, 2016, 11:35 PM
Bree lay on her own cot like bed. She tugged the ragged covers around her tighter. She was cold. She always seemed to be cold, and these blankets weren't exactly helping. She had heard the wake up call and trudged over the floor to the place where the others were gathering. She was on her way there when she passed the room where Kris sat still in bed. She sighed and pushed open the door a little further poking her head inside. As she did so, her brown eyes scanned the room and a single spiraling curl fell across her face. "Uh, hey Kris." She said quietly, she pulled the torn blanket around her tighter. "Uh what are you still doing in here?"

red_inactive
December 10th, 2016, 11:41 PM
Adriana was sitting at a table downstairs, hearing all of her 'little siblings' as she called them beginning to wake up. She buried her face in her hands, elbows on the table as she stared down at the paperwork in front of her. She was in the middle of trying to get better schooling, a job, and legally adopt all these kids as her own until further notice.

Currently, she was a few thousand dollars in debt. Something she'd never be able to pay off until she miraculously won the lottery -which she couldn't afford anyways-, so she was stuck.

Lisa yawned, rubbing her eyes as she sat up. She was in a smaller bed, set up in the same room as the other little kids. Amy was still asleep next to her, the older sister holding a stuffed bunny in her hands. "Bwee?" She asked, the four year old still having trouble speaking. "What time is it?"

Trashy Sky
December 10th, 2016, 11:51 PM
NAME: Sky Vallen
LOOKS: She has very wild, short, fluffy, and soft brown hair that is shaped a bit like this style (http://image.prntscr.com/image/576bce2ad99b451cb3935fdda92f1e87.png) that she usually asks the older kids to cut if it gets too long. Her skin is a sort of sickly tan that's covered in multiple scars, the most noticeable one goes across her forehead and down between her grey-colored eyes a bit. She is always wearing a too big purple sweater like-hoodie too.
GENDER: Female, though she sometimes likes to say she's a boy
PERSONALITY: TBRP'ed
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST(Mostly for older kids): None
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: She ran off from her abusive mother, getting terribly lost in the process
OTHER/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS: She carries around a grey stuffed dog named Bird (https://68.media.tumblr.com/adf7903e7d1918175e38fbccf53c59b3/tumblr_ogyphw06ty1vj32oyo1_540.png)

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 11:55 PM
NAME: Sky Vallen
LOOKS: She has very wild, short, fluffy, and soft brown hair that is shaped a bit like this style (http://image.prntscr.com/image/576bce2ad99b451cb3935fdda92f1e87.png) that she usually asks the older kids to cut if it gets too long. Her skin is a sort of sickly tan that's covered in multiple scars, the most noticeable one goes across her forehead and down between her grey-colored eyes a bit. She is always wearing a too big purple sweater like-hoodie too.
GENDER: Female, though she sometimes likes to say she's a boy
PERSONALITY: TBRP'ed
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST(Mostly for older kids): None
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: She ran off from her abusive mother, getting terribly lost in the process
OTHER/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS: She carries around a grey stuffed dog named Bird (https://68.media.tumblr.com/adf7903e7d1918175e38fbccf53c59b3/tumblr_ogyphw06ty1vj32oyo1_540.png)

Accepted!

Trashy Sky
December 10th, 2016, 11:59 PM
The small brown haired girl was already awake, bouncing on the small dirty cot she called a bed. She held her plush dog in her hands as she just happily bounced, any day she woke up here was a day she didn't have to try and hide from her mother. Sky slowly moved to slide off the cot after awhile, her long purple sleeves flopping around as she held the plush dog in her arms. She stood at her abnormally small stature for her age and hopped up and down for a moment with a hum.

Socks
December 10th, 2016, 11:59 PM
Kris didn't lift his head from his pillow, nor did he open his eyes. Instead, he shut them tighter, wrinkling up his nose in annoyance.
"I'm not getting up, I don't have to! I'm not an orphan like all you anyway!" He remarked, turning over in the bed and pulling the covers tight around himself.

red_inactive
December 11th, 2016, 12:04 AM
"I'm not an Orphay-Orfi-whatever you daid either!" Lisa declared. "I'm just waiting for my mommy and daddy to come find me!"

Amy opened her eyes, her hands tightening on the little bunny she held. Amy never spoke; ever.

Adriana stood up, brushing her hair out of her eyes and stretching. Glancing at the clock, she gathered up the papers, and hid them on the top shelf. Her feet pounded up the stairs, and she opened the door. "Rise and shine lil' guys." She said cheerfully, her hair tied back. "We have a long day ahead of us! After all, it's scavenging day."

Adriana had one day every week dedicated to "scavenging". Since they were by themselves in this ghost town, there was bound to be a whole lot of stuff to scavenge, and she often turned it into a game for the younger kids.

Trashy Sky
December 11th, 2016, 12:10 AM
Sky rolled her eyes in Kris' direction before looking at Adriana, with a slight whine of protest. She didn't want to scavenge for anything, she wanted to sit under a blanket and play with her stuffed doggie. The brown haired girl spun around and moved back to her cot, letting her small body climb into it and move to hide under the thin blanket that rested on top of it.

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 12:10 AM
"You don't know they're coming, Lisa!" Kris exclaimed harshly. "I know my dad's coming, my mommy said so! My mommy never lied to me!" He was now sitting up, glaring at the younger child, his nose still scrunched up.

Trashy Sky
December 11th, 2016, 12:13 AM
Sky huffed from under the blanket. "How do you know your mom wasn't lying to you even if she said she'd never lie to you, Kris!" she suddenly exclaimed. She based anyone over 25 like they were her mother.

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 12:15 AM
"Because my mom was nice to me, Sky!" He snapped, facing the other now.

Trashy Sky
December 11th, 2016, 12:16 AM
"Liars are fake! You'd never know!" Sky suddenly yelled at Kris, facing him directly now, as her grey eyes burned with a mix of fear and anger.

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 12:19 AM
"Well-" His face was red with anger. "I know you guys all lied about coming here being a great thing! I bet Santa doesn't even know 'bout this place! We're gonna be alone here and starve to death!"

Trashy Sky
December 11th, 2016, 12:21 AM
"Being here is a great thing! I'm not being kicked in the chest right now for no reason!" Sky snapped, her small body shaking with strong emotions. She didn't even comment on the 'Santa' part, she never understood that and knew he wasn't real. I mean, why would a guy just come in and leave presents? Exactly.
(lol)

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 12:25 AM
"Your problems don't have to mean anything to me! My mom was nice, and now my dad's gonna come and save me from this!" He finished the argument, storming out of the room with lion in hand, grabbing his clothes as he went out.

toriel
December 11th, 2016, 12:26 AM
Ava woke up and rolled out of the pile of blankets she called a bed. She held her stuffed wolf in her hands. She walked downstairs,yawning.(did i miss anything)

Trashy Sky
December 11th, 2016, 12:28 AM
"Your father's never coming for you, Kris!" Sky screamed in complete anger, not regretting her words one bit. She moved to curl up under the blanket and hug her plush dog, going still and quiet except for her soft shaking and breathing. She probably wasn't going to move for the rest of the day.
(I gtg to bed lmao bye guys)

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 12:29 AM
"Your father's never coming for you, Kris!" Sky screamed in complete anger, not regretting her words one bit. She moved to curl up under the blanket and hug her plush dog, going still and quiet except for her soft shaking and breathing. She probably wasn't going to move for the rest of the day.
(I gtg to bed lmao bye guys)
(bye)

red_inactive
December 11th, 2016, 12:32 AM
Last post~

Adriana just made her way to her room, and collapsed onto the bed.

Lisa began to sniffle, tears running down her face silently.

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 12:41 AM
(I should probs get some rest before my flight, i'll be back on when I land in Texas for an hour)

Kris again wrinkled his nose in deep annoyance, his face red with anger and a tad bit of sadness. Stupid Sky, and stupid big kids, and that stupid little kid, she's an orphan like the rest of them.
He went to the washroom to get dressed, puling off his PJ's and putting on a pair of worn jeans and a baggy shirt. He looked at himself in the mirror before tossing his PJ's in the hamper and heading downstairs.

Night Awaits
December 11th, 2016, 01:10 AM
Can I still join? Sorry if I came in a little too late, I couldn't get on WCO before)

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 04:39 AM
Can I still join? Sorry if I came in a little too late, I couldn't get on WCO before)

Yes, you may join at any time.)

red_inactive
December 11th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Amy woke up to see Lisa crying, Kris gone, and Sky looking upset. Standing up, she went downstairs, holding her rabbit. The nine-year-old stared silently at Kris with a disappointed stare, crossing her arms.

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Kris sat on a pillow in the corner, his knees trucked against the chest. He had declared this corner to be his when they first arrived, and marked it with a hand made sign.
He's cheeks were flushed and his eyes were red. His face was half hidden by his knees, and he looked irritated.
"Stop looking at me like that!"

Night Awaits
December 11th, 2016, 05:12 PM
NAME: Flight Velasco
LOOKS: https://goo.gl/images/Ua0nPZ
PERSONALITY: He loves birds, he's pretty quiet and observant, helps out others, doesn't smile much
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST(mostly for older kids): Open
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: His father would hit him and his mother. He decided to finally take care of the problem by killing his father in his sleep with a knife. He instantly regrets it, and his mother later on died from a heart attack when she saw his son covered with his father's blood, holding a knife.
OTHER/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS: He gets really shaken when he sees or holds a knife.

Sorry for making a form a little late, I kinda forgot about it XD

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 05:22 PM
NAME: Flight Velasco
LOOKS: https://goo.gl/images/Ua0nPZ
PERSONALITY: He loves birds, he's pretty quiet and observant, helps out others, doesn't smile much
CRUSH/LOVE INTEREST(mostly for older kids): Open
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: His father would hit him and his mother. He decided to finally take care of the problem by killing his father in his sleep with a knife. He instantly regrets it, and his mother later on died from a heart attack when she saw his son covered with his father's blood, holding a knife.
OTHER/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS: He gets really shaken when he sees or holds a knife.

Sorry for making a form a little late, I kinda forgot about it XD

Accepted!

Night Awaits
December 11th, 2016, 05:29 PM
Flight, sitting down on the floor, looked up to see Amy downstairs, apparently trying to help out Sky. What happened to Sky? He thought and slightly tilted his head, looking at Sky, green eyes filled with concern.

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 05:43 PM
Kris covered his face completely, feeling a few tears pick at his eyes as he thought back on things. In the 9-year-old's mind, everyone was taunting him by repeating 'orphan, orphan.' His thoughts sometimes got to a point where he couldn't tell if he was imagining things or not, and the others learned to ignore it when this caused him to throw a fit.
He kicked his legs, bare feet hitting against the ground, he wailed and repeated "I'm not an orphan, I'm not an orphan." Part of his mind knew there was no use doing this, but he ignored that part.

Night Awaits
December 11th, 2016, 05:46 PM
Flight glanced upstairs as he heard yelling What's happening to everyone? He thought as he stood up and walked upstairs, staying quiet as usual.

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 06:02 PM
Kris quieted down to avoid seeming weak, he'd be teased for that.
He still continued his fit but whining into his hands instead of yelling.

red_inactive
December 11th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Kris sat on a pillow in the corner, his knees trucked against the chest. He had declared this corner to be his when they first arrived, and marked it with a hand made sign.
He's cheeks were flushed and his eyes were red. His face was half hidden by his knees, and he looked irritated.
"Stop looking at me like that!"

Amy sat down in front of him, rubbing his back gently and handing him her stuffed rabbit, Koko. She was silent, sitting cross-legged near Kris.

Amy had witnessed her parents being killed. And she couldn't tell anybody who it was; she was mute. She was born without vocal cords, a rare genetic mutation that occured on her mother's side of the family.

So, she spoke with her eyes and her actions. She was frightened of men older than Adriana, and she was shy and kept to herself most of the time.

Night Awaits
December 11th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Flight walked to where he last heard the yelling, and he ended up standing a few feet away from Kris. He heard his soft whining, and his green eyes were clouded with worry and confusion. The boy was fiddling around with his dog tag hanging around his neck as he thought, forgetting he was standing there. Was he shouting something about...... Not being an orphan?

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 06:11 PM
Amy sat down in front of him, rubbing his back gently and handing him her stuffed rabbit, Koko. She was silent, sitting cross-legged near Kris.

Amy had witnessed her parents being killed. And she couldn't tell anybody who it was; she was mute. She was born without vocal cords, a rare genetic mutation that occured on her mother's side of the family.

So, she spoke with her eyes and her actions. She was frightened of men older than Adriana, and she was shy and kept to herself most of the time.

"I didn't do anything, Sky just over reacts!" He mumbled, sniffing and wiping his eyes with his palm.

red_inactive
December 11th, 2016, 06:14 PM
She raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms and tappingher ears. She had heard everything they had all said, even though she was "asleep". She gestured upstairs with a slight frown, mimicking Lisa to show what had happened. She then shook her head silently, and a sigh left her mouth.

Night Awaits
December 11th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Flight then noticed Amy sitting next to him, and he softly smiled. Amy was special, he always liked how caring she could be. He heard Kris mumble something, only catching "I, Sky, reacts"

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 06:21 PM
"I don't like living how all you do! This is not how me and mama lived." He spoke quietly.

red_inactive
December 11th, 2016, 06:24 PM
Amy's eyes softened, and she hugged him. She ignored the pain in her heart when he mentioned his mother, but what could she do? He still had living parents, and he was alone.

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 06:34 PM
Normally, he would've pushed Amy away, but he was saddened so he let the girl hug him. "I'm not going to apologize to Sky, if that's what you're trying to get me to do."

red_inactive
December 11th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Amy gave him a look that practically screamed 'Really? Do I look like the person that would do that?'

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 06:53 PM
"I lied about Santa though, he knows every where. But he won't come unless we have a tree. Do you think Adriana and some of the older kids will get us one?"

red_inactive
December 11th, 2016, 06:58 PM
Amy nodded with a smile.

Socks
December 11th, 2016, 07:39 PM
(-meanwhile Socks is laying home crying cuz the freakin' Jungle Book-

Also socks is vry jet lagged)

Kris felt a small smile creep onto the face, but he turned away and scowled, refusing to give into this life.

Socks
December 12th, 2016, 10:18 AM
A rain starts outside, dripping through the weak roof into the house.

Socks
December 12th, 2016, 07:33 PM
Kris pulled a blanket over his head as he heard the rain start up, knowing that the roof had holes and water would drip through.

red_inactive
December 12th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Thunder cracked nearby, a large blast rumbling through the air. Amy looked like she was screaming, as she suddenly held her hands over her ears. She curled her legs up to her chest, tears streaming down her face. Thunder always reminded her of gunshots... specifically the ones that killed her parents.

toriel
December 12th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Thunder cracked nearby, a large blast rumbling through the air. Amy looked like she was screaming, as she suddenly held her hands over her ears. She curled her legs up to her chest, tears streaming down her face. Thunder always reminded her of gunshots... specifically the ones that killed her parents.
Ava sat down next to amy,trying to comfort her." Its ok."she said. "Its just thunder"

red_inactive
December 12th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Amy had her eyes squeezed shut, still crying.

Socks
December 12th, 2016, 10:40 PM
The rain poured hard on the roof, changing the soothing pitter-patter unto a harsh pounding, with blowing wind hard against the windows.

"Th-this'll cause the sick, we should stay together in a warm room. The white coat man told be the sick comes with the cold and with the sick comes hardship..." He said quietly, repeating the words the man had told him all those years to go.

goddess of ducks
December 12th, 2016, 10:51 PM
Bree trudged into the room where Amy and Kris were. She offered them a sort of friendly smile, but it didn't mean much. She felt miserable. The teenager plopped down on the floor next to the wall and stared at the ceiling desperately hoping it would hold up. She sighed before turning back to the others. "Good idea Kris." She said offering him a smile. Come on let's grab the others, want to help?" She asked. She knew that when she was that age, she liked trying to help, it made her feel important, hopefully it would do the same for Kris.

red_inactive
December 12th, 2016, 10:55 PM
Amy sniffled, still keeping her hands over her ears. Suddenly, the thunder cracked again, and she grabbed Kris, burying her face in his shoulder.

Hallowed Echo
December 13th, 2016, 01:52 PM
James walked into the room and knelt beside Amy. "It's okay. Just don't think about it. You'll be fine." He said softly. Matthew sorta of walked towards James, clutching a small tattered hippo plush. He tugged on James's pant leg, wanting h to be picked up. (Sorry for forgetting about this.)

Trashy Sky
December 13th, 2016, 04:37 PM
(oh boy i missed a bit. Can i have a recap?)

Socks
December 13th, 2016, 07:02 PM
(oh boy i missed a bit. Can i have a recap?)

Basically after the fight with Kris and Sky, he goes to his private corner where he throws a private tantrum and Amy confronts him and he says he's not gonna apologize and Amy hugs him a storm starts and Amy freaks out cuz the thunder and Kris gets anxious because he's afraid people will get sick and yeah, that's it.

Trashy Sky
December 13th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Basically after the fight with Kris and Sky, he goes to his private corner where he throws a private tantrum and Amy confronts him and he says he's not gonna apologize and Amy hugs him a storm starts and Amy freaks out cuz the thunder and Kris gets anxious because he's afraid people will get sick and yeah, that's it.
(mkay. is there a place I can jump in? lol)

Socks
December 13th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Amy sniffled, still keeping her hands over her ears. Suddenly, the thunder cracked again, and she grabbed Kris, burying her face in his shoulder.

The young boy flinched slightly, he wasn't about cooties and all that, but he wasn't used to people turning to him for comfort. He didn't know how to deal with the girl so he sat silently with his hands in his lap, letting the girl use him for comfort.

Socks
December 13th, 2016, 07:08 PM
(mkay. is there a place I can jump in? lol)
(you can just jump in here with a post about the storm and leaking roof and stuff.)

Trashy Sky
December 13th, 2016, 07:13 PM
Sky was hiding under a blanket at this point, clinging to her plush dog as she was curled up from hearing the storm. Here's one thing, Sky doesn't like water. She doesn't like touching it, she doesn't like it touching her. So, the leaky roof was a big problem for her.

Socks
December 13th, 2016, 07:26 PM
An idea came to the young boy, and he spoke loudly so an older kid would hear and help. "A blanket fort, it's warm and would keep out the rain drops."

red_inactive
December 13th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Amy shuddered as the thunder crashed again, and Lisa wandered downstairs holding a bunch of blankets while Adriana followed. Adriana scooped Amy up, humming a soft lullaby while swaying back and forth.

Lisa handed the blankets to Kris, and began hanging blankets from chairs with her tongue sticking out of her mouth. "It's the hard knock life, for us!" She began singing, referring to her favorite movie, Annie.

Socks
December 13th, 2016, 08:36 PM
Amy shuddered as the thunder crashed again, and Lisa wandered downstairs holding a bunch of blankets while Adriana followed. Adriana scooped Amy up, humming a soft lullaby while swaying back and forth.

Lisa handed the blankets to Kris, and began hanging blankets from chairs with her tongue sticking out of her mouth. "It's the hard knock life, for us!" She began singing, referring to her favorite movie, Annie.

Kris stood, helping hang the blankets. "'Stead'a staying, we ran away." He sang to the same beat under his breath, changing the lyrics to fit their life. "Now we're gonna, all get colds." He joked on the second line.

red_inactive
December 13th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Lisa giggled, poking the older kid's leg before dancing around to the beat of the rain. "Dancing in the rain!" She sang, spinning around a little pole that held up part of the ceiling. She grabbed a blanket, and gave it to Adriana, who wrapped it around Amy.

Adriana hummed a soft lullaby, holding Amy. "Someday, I'll get you guys all a nicer home. We can search the town sometime, and finda much bigger house than this one." She said to the others, still holding Amy.

Socks
December 13th, 2016, 08:57 PM
Lisa giggled, poking the older kid's leg before dancing around to the beat of the rain. "Dancing in the rain!" She sang, spinning around a little pole that held up part of the ceiling. She grabbed a blanket, and gave it to Adriana, who wrapped it around Amy.

Adriana hummed a soft lullaby, holding Amy. "Someday, I'll get you guys all a nicer home. We can search the town sometime, and finda much bigger house than this one." She said to the others, still holding Amy.

"I think I'm okay with being here.. It's like a big family." He mumbled, before a smile appeared on his face.
"Lisa, you know the best song in Annie?" He didn't wait for a reply, but just sang the answer right away. "You're never fully dressed without a smiiiile!" It felt hard opening up, he hadn't sung for years.

red_inactive
December 13th, 2016, 09:27 PM
"So, for all of the "Hours of Smiles" Family, this is Bert Healy saying..." Lisa mimicked the character, putting her hands on her hips.

"Hey hobo man,
Hey Dapper Dan,
You've both got your style~!" Lisa sang, twirling around.

Socks
December 13th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Here's my second character I'll just pop in here cuz yeah.

NAME: Alec (Al or Allie as a joke)
LOOKS: Dark brown hair, Green eyes, Signature sports beanie he found while searching through junk. Face covered in freckles.
PERSONALITY: TBRP'd (cuz I lazy)
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: Typical, single mother couldn't care for her toddler, so she handed him to the orphanage with a letter to him telling her apologizes.
OTHER/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS: He's free going, it doesn't bother him that he was an orphan.

Socks
December 13th, 2016, 09:39 PM
"So, for all of the "Hours of Smiles" Family, this is Bert Healy saying..." Lisa mimicked the character, putting her hands on her hips.

"Hey hobo man,
Hey Dapper Dan,
You've both got your style~!" Lisa sang, twirling around.

Kris hummed along to the tune, tapping his feet as he placed another blanket on the fort being built.

Alec walked into and heard the lively humming, recognizing what the song came from and deciding to sing something of his own. "Little girls, little girls, day and night I eat sleep and breath them." He mimicked the voice of the well-known Ms Hannigan. "Some woman are drippin' with diamonds, some woman are drippin' with pearls, look at me, look at me, look at what I'm dripping with! Little Girls!" He much preferred the ms Hannigan parts than the little girl's singing, but he didn't sing loud enough to outshine the younger one

red_inactive
December 13th, 2016, 09:57 PM
"But brother, you're never fully dressed
Without a smile
Your clothes may be Beau Brummelly
They stand out a mile
But brother you're never fully dressed
Without a smile~!" Lisa hopped onto the floor, smiling happily.

"Who cares what you're wearing
on Main Street or Saville Row
It's what you wear from ear to ear
And not from head to toe.....!"

Jingle
December 13th, 2016, 10:02 PM
(JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE)

goddess of ducks
December 13th, 2016, 10:05 PM
Here's my second character I'll just pop in here cuz yeah.

NAME: Alec (Al or Allie as a joke)
LOOKS: Dark brown hair, Green eyes, Signature sports beanie he found while searching through junk. Face covered in freckles.
PERSONALITY: TBRP'd (cuz I lazy)
HOW THEY BECAME AN ORPHAN: Typical, single mother couldn't care for her toddler, so she handed him to the orphanage with a letter to him telling her apologizes.
OTHER/QUESTIONS/CONCERNS: He's free going, it doesn't bother him that he was an orphan.
(Oohh can Bree crush on him?)

Socks
December 13th, 2016, 10:06 PM
(Oohh can Bree crush on him?)
sure!)

Socks
December 13th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Alec watched the younger kids building the fort and singing as he leaned against the wall. It amused him how Kris had opened up, the younger boy had always worried him with his attitude.

Socks
December 13th, 2016, 10:14 PM
(JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE)

(I love Hetalia btw 0w0, just wanted to say.)

goddess of ducks
December 13th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Bree sat against the wall, a ragged book propped against her legs. She glanced up from where she sat and noticed Alec enter. She smiled quietly then returned her brown eyes to her book. Although she acted uninterested, she kept stealing glances at him, but tried not to seem too obvious.

Socks
December 13th, 2016, 10:19 PM
Bree sat against the wall, a ragged book propped against her legs. She glanced up from where she sat and noticed Alec enter. She smiled quietly then returned her brown eyes to her book. Although she acted uninterested, she kept stealing glances at him, but tried not to seem too obvious.

Alec caught the other looking at him and smiled, the same smile he gave everyone. He decided to help the younger ones with their fort, and walked over, fixing a falling blanket.

red_inactive
December 13th, 2016, 10:21 PM
Adriana smiled tiredly, stroking Amy's hair. "Well," She said faintly. "Today was a good day." She held Amy close as the thunder struck again, whispering something in Amy's ear to calm her down.

goddess of ducks
December 13th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Bree closed her book, reaching the end of the chapter. It wasn't the best, or most interesting, but it was the only thing she could find. She stood up, leaving it in the place she sat and approached the blnket fort. "Nice fort guys." She praised the others quietly. She stretched her hand out, gently tapping a few of them to make sure they stood up with some pressure.

Socks
December 13th, 2016, 10:51 PM
Bree closed her book, reaching the end of the chapter. It wasn't the best, or most interesting, but it was the only thing she could find. She stood up, leaving it in the place she sat and approached the blnket fort. "Nice fort guys." She praised the others quietly. She stretched her hand out, gently tapping a few of them to make sure they stood up with some pressure.

Kris looked happy. "It's going to keep everyone from getting a cold!" He said proudly.

"How 'bout you take Lisa to the inside and make some beds in there?" Alec told the younger one, watching as he ducked under into the fort. When the younger ones were gone Al stepped towards Bree. "What were you reading?"

goddess of ducks
December 13th, 2016, 10:56 PM
Kris looked happy. "It's going to keep everyone from getting a cold!" He said proudly.

"How 'bout you take Lisa to the inside and make some beds in there?" Alec told the younger one, watching as he ducked under into the fort. When the younger ones were gone Al stepped towards Bree. "What were you reading?"
Bree was about to follow the younger ones inside the tent when Alec addressed her. She stopped and turned to him, blushing slightly. "Oh just some diary like thing. I found it out side the building in a trash can." She said quietly glancing over to the worn out book.

Socks
December 13th, 2016, 11:00 PM
Bree was about to follow the younger ones inside the tent when Alec addressed her. She stopped and turned to him, blushing slightly. "Oh just some diary like thing. I found it out side the building in a trash can." She said quietly glancing over to the worn out book.

"Is it interesting? I've been itching to read something since we came here." He asked. "Since before we came here actually, Miss Donna back at the orphanage didn't exactly supply us with books." He mumbled.

goddess of ducks
December 13th, 2016, 11:03 PM
"Is it interesting? I've been itching to read something since we came here." He asked. "Since before we came here actually, Miss Donna back at the orphanage didn't exactly supply us with books." He mumbled.
She gave a small shrug. "Not really. It isn't the best thing I've found. You can read it if you want, just as long as you don't loose my place." She said with a hint of laughter. "But my dad used to give me books all the time, reading was like, well my life. I smuggled a few into the orphanage, but she found them eventually and burned them."
(Gtg G'night)

Socks
December 13th, 2016, 11:21 PM
She gave a small shrug. "Not really. It isn't the best thing I've found. You can read it if you want, just as long as you don't loose my place." She said with a hint of laughter. "But my dad used to give me books all the time, reading was like, well my life. I smuggled a few into the orphanage, but she found them eventually and burned them."
(Gtg G'night)

"That sucks. She hid a letter from my mother, but I was able to find it when she told me to clean her office. I was pretty angry at that." He shook his head as he remembered the woman. "Someday I'll have money and build myself my own library, with every book I like." He sighed.

(Night!)

Socks
December 14th, 2016, 10:52 PM
Bump!)

goddess of ducks
December 14th, 2016, 11:32 PM
"That sucks. She hid a letter from my mother, but I was able to find it when she told me to clean her office. I was pretty angry at that." He shook his head as he remembered the woman. "Someday I'll have money and build myself my own library, with every book I like." He sighed.

(Night!)
"Heh, that would be a really nice thing to have." She said dreamily, as if imagining what it would be like to own every book you wanted, no matter what, it was just there for you. A true paradise for her. "But yeah, hiding stuff that your parents personally made for you just isn't right, it's rude to be honest. Downright rude." She said indignantly.

Socks
December 14th, 2016, 11:36 PM
"Heh, that would be a really nice thing to have." She said dreamily, as if imagining what it would be like to own every book you wanted, no matter what, it was just there for you. A true paradise for her. "But yeah, hiding stuff that your parents personally made for you just isn't right, it's rude to be honest. Downright rude." She said indignantly.

The teen nodded in agreement. "I'm just happy she was decent to the younger ones, she actually seems to care about them. I was just an unwanted burden to her because I couldn't get adopted." He joked in a low voice.

goddess of ducks
December 15th, 2016, 08:12 AM
The teen nodded in agreement. "I'm just happy she was decent to the younger ones, she actually seems to care about them. I was just an unwanted burden to her because I couldn't get adopted." He joked in a low voice.

Bree managed a small laugh, but nothing too grand. She smiled for once, something she didn't normally do. "Yeah, we're just 'those darn teenagers." She chimed in. "At least she cared about someone though."

Socks
December 15th, 2016, 01:00 PM
Bree managed a small laugh, but nothing too grand. She smiled for once, something she didn't normally do. "Yeah, we're just 'those darn teenagers." She chimed in. "At least she cared about someone though."

"I'd probably literally punch her if she had done anything to the younger kids, but now we don't have to worry about it... Though I don't know if it was such a good idea to come here." He admitted, they didn't have money, and lots of stuff they couldn't do.

goddess of ducks
December 15th, 2016, 01:05 PM
"I'd probably literally punch her if she had done anything to the younger kids, but now we don't have to worry about it... Though I don't know if it was such a good idea to come here." He admitted, they didn't have money, and lots of stuff they couldn't do.

"Yeah, maybe we could gather them all and find something to do? It is near Christmas." (I think) She said, her thoughts lingering. "They deserve something fun for the holidays."

Socks
December 15th, 2016, 01:40 PM
"Yeah, maybe we could gather them all and find something to do? It is near Christmas." (I think) She said, her thoughts lingering. "They deserve something fun for the holidays."

"I've been thinking about a present I could get them all. I wanted to get them a dog or some pet but, I don't know where I can get one here..." He shrugged.

goddess of ducks
December 15th, 2016, 01:45 PM
"I've been thinking about a present I could get them all. I wanted to get them a dog or some pet but, I don't know where I can get one here..." He shrugged.

Bree smiled. "That's a good idea!" she said happily. "I've heard noises out side before, maybe we could find a friendly one? I'm sure the little ones would like it." she said, her voice lowering so the ones under the tent couldn't hear them.

Socks
December 15th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Bree smiled. "That's a good idea!" she said happily. "I've heard noises out side before, maybe we could find a friendly one? I'm sure the little ones would like it." she said, her voice lowering so the ones under the tent couldn't hear them.

He also lowered his voice. "We would need to look when everyone's distracted, so that they don't ask questions. Maybe during lunch?"

goddess of ducks
December 15th, 2016, 02:10 PM
He also lowered his voice. "We would need to look when everyone's distracted, so that they don't ask questions. Maybe during lunch?"

"Yeah, sounds like a good plan." She nodded her head, brown curls bouncing on her head. "Want to join them in the tent for now?"