PDA

View Full Version : [ Open ] S T R A N G E R

Jynx
July 14th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Small brown paws rest on the light covering of moss coating a fallen tree. His light blue eyes scan the woods from his perch above the forest floor. Caspian was a nomad, moving from one place to another searching for some unknown meaning of life. He didn't quite belong anywhere but never found himself wishing to. He enjoyed the free life's of a loner where he got to roam without anyone telling him what to do. His life was better this way and Caspian found strength and contentment in a solitary life.

As the tom cat listened to the sounds of the forest from deep in the woods, a soft scurrying caught the attention of his ears. Pricking them, he searched for the source of the noise. A mouse was rustling under a few dry leaves. Caspian, thinking quickly, slithered off the log into a hunters' crouch. The familiar process was easy to him after so many moons of practice and he crept up on the blissfully unaware rodent. When he was shotgun pouncing distance, Caspian pushed back on his haunches and leaped toward the mouse. It was hanging limp in his jaws before you could say 'mouse'. The tom cat straighter himself and padded back to his log. Settling down, he began to devour the creature in rapid bites, all but absorbed in his catch.

The Cannibal
July 14th, 2018, 10:17 PM
Small brown paws rest on the light covering of moss coating a fallen tree. His light blue eyes scan the woods from his perch above the forest floor. Caspian was a nomad, moving from one place to another searching for some unknown meaning of life. He didn't quite belong anywhere but never found himself wishing to. He enjoyed the free life's of a loner where he got to roam without anyone telling him what to do. His life was better this way and Caspian found strength and contentment in a solitary life.

As the tom cat listened to the sounds of the forest from deep in the woods, a soft scurrying caught the attention of his ears. Pricking them, he searched for the source of the noise. A mouse was rustling under a few dry leaves. Caspian, thinking quickly, slithered off the log into a hunters' crouch. The familiar process was easy to him after so many moons of practice and he crept up on the blissfully unaware rodent. When he was shotgun pouncing distance, Caspian pushed back on his haunches and leaped toward the mouse. It was hanging limp in his jaws before you could say 'mouse'. The tom cat straighter himself and padded back to his log. Settling down, he began to devour the creature in rapid bites, all but absorbed in his catch.
{Hope you don't mind if I join in ;0}

A life of traveling has always been the life that Insidious has known. Her parents had been travelers, going from one place to the next, leaving relatively peacefully. Of course that's all changed, peaceful was no longer a word that could describe the loner she-cat. Well, maybe at first she seemed peaceful, flirty, friendly, but then she would live up to her name.
This moons location had brought her to a quaint little forest with plenty of moss on the fallen and decaying trees, and it certainly seemed to be teaming with rodents and other easy prey. And not many other cats either, much to her disdain. She was a cat that enjoyed being in the presence of others, feeding off of them before she eventually ended whatever game she was playing.

Currently? She was hunting, or rather, passively walking and paying attention to scents, not really stalking or trying to catch anything. But if it was close enough and she didn't have to put much work into it, then she'd happily give a small pounce and eat the meal.
The sun shone through the dappled foliage of the trees, dancing across the forest floor as her brown colorpoint paws pressed into the earth, flattening the grass, but not making excessive noise. All of the scents that passed through her nostrils were distant and not particularly worth her time.. Except for one. It smelled like fresh kill, and close.
And another cat. She thought smugly to herself, the tip of her fluffy tail curling over her head as she turned in the direction and started to approach.

"Not going to share with a pretty she-cat?" She meowed out with a purr, bringing herself into a view, a sunny and pleasant look upon her face.

Jynx
July 15th, 2018, 06:45 AM
{Hope you don't mind if I join in ;0}

A life of traveling has always been the life that Insidious has known. Her parents had been travelers, going from one place to the next, leaving relatively peacefully. Of course that's all changed, peaceful was no longer a word that could describe the loner she-cat. Well, maybe at first she seemed peaceful, flirty, friendly, but then she would live up to her name.
This moons location had brought her to a quaint little forest with plenty of moss on the fallen and decaying trees, and it certainly seemed to be teaming with rodents and other easy prey. And not many other cats either, much to her disdain. She was a cat that enjoyed being in the presence of others, feeding off of them before she eventually ended whatever game she was playing.

Currently? She was hunting, or rather, passively walking and paying attention to scents, not really stalking or trying to catch anything. But if it was close enough and she didn't have to put much work into it, then she'd happily give a small pounce and eat the meal.
The sun shone through the dappled foliage of the trees, dancing across the forest floor as her brown colorpoint paws pressed into the earth, flattening the grass, but not making excessive noise. All of the scents that passed through her nostrils were distant and not particularly worth her time.. Except for one. It smelled like fresh kill, and close.
And another cat. She thought smugly to herself, the tip of her fluffy tail curling over her head as she turned in the direction and started to approach.

"Not going to share with a pretty she-cat?" She meowed out with a purr, bringing herself into a view, a sunny and pleasant look upon her face.
As Caspian hunched over his prey, he flicked one brown ear. Something besides the familiar noise of the forest had caught his attention. The grey and brown tom cat jerked his head up so suddenly that it seemed almost unnerving. Typically, whenever anything bigger than a rabbit came along, Caspian would dart up a tree and wait for whatever happened next without involving himself, could it be avoided. It seemed now, though, that this former luxury wasn't to be proceeded. Not going to share with a pretty she-cat? The words floated by behind him, and he whipped his head around to see who the speaker was.

Blue eyes met blue as he met the she-cat's gaze. Her words brought out the side of him that was more of a gentlemen than a stubborn loner and he widened his gaze. But of course, He would have meowed, had he been able to get them out. However, being who he was, Caspian merely pushed one paw against the rodent and offered it to her before backing away a couple of pawsteps. It wasn't that he didn't like her, it was just that he was rather leery of cats he didn't know. He hoped deep down that maybe Shen would just eat and leave. However, his luck being what it was, Caspian was fairly positive it wasn't going to go as such.

The Cannibal
July 21st, 2018, 08:47 PM
As Caspian hunched over his prey, he flicked one brown ear. Something besides the familiar noise of the forest had caught his attention. The grey and brown tom cat jerked his head up so suddenly that it seemed almost unnerving. Typically, whenever anything bigger than a rabbit came along, Caspian would dart up a tree and wait for whatever happened next without involving himself, could it be avoided. It seemed now, though, that this former luxury wasn't to be proceeded. Not going to share with a pretty she-cat? The words floated by behind him, and he whipped his head around to see who the speaker was.

Blue eyes met blue as he met the she-cat's gaze. Her words brought out the side of him that was more of a gentlemen than a stubborn loner and he widened his gaze. But of course, He would have meowed, had he been able to get them out. However, being who he was, Caspian merely pushed one paw against the rodent and offered it to her before backing away a couple of pawsteps. It wasn't that he didn't like her, it was just that he was rather leery of cats he didn't know. He hoped deep down that maybe Shen would just eat and leave. However, his luck being what it was, Caspian was fairly positive it wasn't going to go as such.
He's a jumpy one, now isn't he? Thought the she-cat in slight amusement, taking note of his sudden head jerk when she first revealed herself to him. Those are always fun, and always easily manipulated. Inwardly she would relish the look on his face as he realized that he was being rude by not sharing his meal, his widened eyes. He couldn't even bother to speak it seemed, instead, he simply pushed over the meal to her, backing up to let her have it. If only this was ever that easy.
"Aww, why thank you sweetheart! I really do appreciate this, you don't know how hard it is sometimes trying to hunt down these little rascals." She mewed out softly with some exasperation peppered in to better suite the role she was playing.

Carefully she would step towards it and settle down, curling her tail to her side, a small, precious smile across her lips as she daintily began to tuck into the rodent, eyeing him curiously. Swallowing her mouthful, she would tip her head slightly. "I don't have ticks mister, or any sort of disease, and I certainly won't bite. Won't you come a little closer so we can hold a conversation? I love hearing about other cat's stories!" Insidious would nod slightly to the spot in front of her. "And I won't eat all of your food either, that would be incredibly rude of me. We can share it."

silvershade
July 26th, 2018, 01:43 PM
He's a jumpy one, now isn't he? Thought the she-cat in slight amusement, taking note of his sudden head jerk when she first revealed herself to him. Those are always fun, and always easily manipulated. Inwardly she would relish the look on his face as he realized that he was being rude by not sharing his meal, his widened eyes. He couldn't even bother to speak it seemed, instead, he simply pushed over the meal to her, backing up to let her have it. If only this was ever that easy.
"Aww, why thank you sweetheart! I really do appreciate this, you don't know how hard it is sometimes trying to hunt down these little rascals." She mewed out softly with some exasperation peppered in to better suite the role she was playing.

Carefully she would step towards it and settle down, curling her tail to her side, a small, precious smile across her lips as she daintily began to tuck into the rodent, eyeing him curiously. Swallowing her mouthful, she would tip her head slightly. "I don't have ticks mister, or any sort of disease, and I certainly won't bite. Won't you come a little closer so we can hold a conversation? I love hearing about other cat's stories!" Insidious would nod slightly to the spot in front of her. "And I won't eat all of your food either, that would be incredibly rude of me. We can share it."

(mind if I join??)

A young tom was patrolling through the outskirts land he was broad and built his paws were marching through leaves like a silent stalker as his brown black short haired pelt was silky shiny his ears perked up twitching to the sides for listening to any unknown sounds. The toms eyes were an wide green blue color his pupils formed from rounded to slit. The toms name was dogmouth, he peered around at everything as he watched natures way of tormenting him he hissed in annoyance to all the annoying critters in the trees. The tom thought to himself blank spacing out in his own thoughts as he began to patrol aimlessly he ended up bumping into the she-cat who seemed desperate to start a conversation with another tom. (why does nature seem so peaceful yet so annoying?, how long have I been patrolling for nothing? Theres no need for it in a loner anyways). The tom was at least a young adult being 20moons of age he was a well trained cat but he dismissively apologized to the she-cat he bumped into his voice was deep and sounded hallow. "I'm sorry miss, didn't mean to bump you" the young tom peered at the she-cat his eyes dull and seeming dead as he sat a tail length beside the she-cat he tilted his head curiously at her observing her closely he sensed something suspicious about her.

The Cannibal
July 28th, 2018, 10:51 PM
(mind if I join??)

A young tom was patrolling through the outskirts land he was broad and built his paws were marching through leaves like a silent stalker as his brown black short haired pelt was silky shiny his ears perked up twitching to the sides for listening to any unknown sounds. The toms eyes were an wide green blue color his pupils formed from rounded to slit. The toms name was dogmouth, he peered around at everything as he watched natures way of tormenting him he hissed in annoyance to all the annoying critters in the trees. The tom thought to himself blank spacing out in his own thoughts as he began to patrol aimlessly he ended up bumping into the she-cat who seemed desperate to start a conversation with another tom. (why does nature seem so peaceful yet so annoying?, how long have I been patrolling for nothing? Theres no need for it in a loner anyways). The tom was at least a young adult being 20moons of age he was a well trained cat but he dismissively apologized to the she-cat he bumped into his voice was deep and sounded hallow. "I'm sorry miss, didn't mean to bump you" the young tom peered at the she-cat his eyes dull and seeming dead as he sat a tail length beside the she-cat he tilted his head curiously at her observing her closely he sensed something suspicious about her.
It seemed that Insidious was too busy trying to communicate with the awfully kind stranger that had shared his meal, to bother to notice any incoming cats. She hadn't caught the scent or apparently heard his approaching pawsteps, but all of a sudden she felt something bumping into her, causing her to jump to her paws and hiss in surprise, her fur fluffing up wildly and her claws unsheathing as she looked to the stranger. Only to find him apologizing to her. Breathing out both outwardly and inwardly, she allowed her fur to lie flat, giving her chest a few quick licks before settling back onto the ground.
"Golly, you should really watch where you're going sir. Nearly scared me right out of my skin!" Her eyes would narrow for just a moment before she looked back at the meal she was given, apparently deciding to take back the comment about sharing and instead, finishing the rest of it.
Licking her lips, she would look curiously over at the tom as he sat down, finding him staring at her with a tilted head. "I'm sorry, is there something in my fur? Mind getting it out for me?" There was almost a playful lilt to her tone as she sat up, lifting a dainty paw and offering a smile at Dogmouth. She wasn't going to let some random stranger ruin her act. It had barely gotten started.

silvershade
July 28th, 2018, 11:50 PM
It seemed that Insidious was too busy trying to communicate with the awfully kind stranger that had shared his meal, to bother to notice any incoming cats. She hadn't caught the scent or apparently heard his approaching pawsteps, but all of a sudden she felt something bumping into her, causing her to jump to her paws and hiss in surprise, her fur fluffing up wildly and her claws unsheathing as she looked to the stranger. Only to find him apologizing to her. Breathing out both outwardly and inwardly, she allowed her fur to lie flat, giving her chest a few quick licks before settling back onto the ground.
"Golly, you should really watch where you're going sir. Nearly scared me right out of my skin!" Her eyes would narrow for just a moment before she looked back at the meal she was given, apparently deciding to take back the comment about sharing and instead, finishing the rest of it.
Licking her lips, she would look curiously over at the tom as he sat down, finding him staring at her with a tilted head. "I'm sorry, is there something in my fur? Mind getting it out for me?" There was almost a playful lilt to her tone as she sat up, lifting a dainty paw and offering a smile at Dogmouth. She wasn't going to let some random stranger ruin her act. It had barely gotten started.

the tom looked at the she-cat he mewed in a tone that was impressed by the act of the feline he gazed away he spoke clearly in the same tone as before. "theres nothing in your fur, just noticing how beautiful you, my names dogmouth." he introduced himself to the she-cat

Jynx
August 2nd, 2018, 10:20 AM

Aww, why thank you sweetheart! I really do appreciate this; you don't know how hard it is sometimes trying to hunt down these little rascals. Caspian blinked, the fur prickling slightly along his neck. To be honest, he had hunted so many times that he was just going through the motions now. Though he was glad to be of service, the young tom wasn't quite sure what to make ornate the she-cat now eating the prey he's caught I don't have ticks mister, or any sort of disease, and I certainly won't bite. Won't you come a little closer so we can hold a conversation? I love hearing about other cat's stories! Her words interrupted his thoughts and he blinked. After a moments hesitance, Caspian slightly inclined his head and padded over toward the other. A small bubble of bitter amusement grew inside of him. Well, she certainly owuldnt be hearing any of his story's, that was to be sure. No one ever hear what he had to say, so he never really bothered with making friends, or even aquantences. But for the rare occasions as these, Caspian didn't interact with anyone at all. He sat down opposite her and studied her through dark eyelashes with his guarded gaze and wondered what it was she would do next. And I won't eat all of your food either, that would be incredibly rude of me. We can share it Caspian swallowed convulsively and managed a quick whisper of a smile before returning to his state of observation without eating a bite. He waved his tail arily and a mere shake of his head communicated that she could have it all; he would catch something later, should he really need it. The tom looked around at the forest surrounding the two before jerking his head back to face the female. He peeked up at her with unblinking eyes, his head still slightly bowed, and stared, oblivious to any tension he may have been creating. He supposed that the spare cats he came across were unnerved by his lack of vocal communication and tendency to watch them; for they always seemed relieved whenever he could manage a getaway, from what he could tell. It wasn't that he was trying to be rude, with the intensity that he watched other cats with, it was just that he wanted to figure them out through how they acted.
As another cat came up behind the she-cat and bumped roughly into her, Caspian widened his eyes. He got to his paws in a heartbeat and began watched the newcomer intensely. What?! He hadn't realized this area was so crowded. Had gen known better, the young tom would scarcely have stepped into such a place. His tail twitched as he watched the interaction between the two. Well, at least she seemed destracted enough. Swallowing, the male's fur prickled and he began to slowly inch back. If all went as he desired, Caspian would no longer be involved with the newcomer.

Branch of Life
August 2nd, 2018, 10:41 AM
Aww, why thank you sweetheart! I really do appreciate this; you don't know how hard it is sometimes trying to hunt down these little rascals. Caspian blinked, the fur prickling slightly along his neck. To be honest, he had hunted so many times that he was just going through the motions now. Though he was glad to be of service, the young tom wasn't quite sure what to make ornate the she-cat now eating the prey he's caught I don't have ticks mister, or any sort of disease, and I certainly won't bite. Won't you come a little closer so we can hold a conversation? I love hearing about other cat's stories! Her words interrupted his thoughts and he blinked. After a moments hesitance, Caspian slightly inclined his head and padded over toward the other. A small bubble of bitter amusement grew inside of him. Well, she certainly owuldnt be hearing any of his story's, that was to be sure. No one ever hear what he had to say, so he never really bothered with making friends, or even aquantences. But for the rare occasions as these, Caspian didn't interact with anyone at all. He sat down opposite her and studied her through dark eyelashes with his guarded gaze and wondered what it was she would do next. And I won't eat all of your food either, that would be incredibly rude of me. We can share it Caspian swallowed convulsively and managed a quick whisper of a smile before returning to his state of observation without eating a bite. He waved his tail arily and a mere shake of his head communicated that she could have it all; he would catch something later, should he really need it. The tom looked around at the forest surrounding the two before jerking his head back to face the female. He peeked up at her with unblinking eyes, his head still slightly bowed, and stared, oblivious to any tension he may have been creating. He supposed that the spare cats he came across were unnerved by his lack of vocal communication and tendency to watch them; for they always seemed relieved whenever he could manage a getaway, from what he could tell. It wasn't that he was trying to be rude, with the intensity that he watched other cats with, it was just that he wanted to figure them out through how they acted.
(Mind if I join?)

Lark scrambled up a tree quickly and quietly she could smell other cats around and wanted to know if they were fine to go near or not. Lark scanned were they were at. He didn’t want them to notice him right away but the tree branch he was sitting on snapped in half loudly he fell down 5 stories but landed ok.Ugh now they know I’m here