PDA

View Full Version : Windygale's Tragic Backstory™

vellichor
July 2nd, 2018, 07:12 PM
i said id reveal his backstory for awhile, so im doing it as a story! here you go!
if youd like to give me feedback, dont post here. shoot me a vm!

The chapters will be a bit short
why? im always on mobile~

enjoy <3

CHAPTER 1

Windypaw crouched down, her messy fur even more ruffled than usual. She tucked her legs beneath her, straining to perfect her hunter’s crouch. Fernglow sat beside the base of a pine, observing his apprentice. Windypaw thought she had it perfected, so she glanced up at Fernglow. He simply nodded and offered a warm smile.

”Not bad, Windypaw. I think you’ve got it down. Now, can you catch that thrush?” Fernglow nodded toward the prey creature, a plump bird picking a struggling worm from the dry ground. It was oblivious to the cat who was inevitably about to strike it down.

Windypaw grinned, pleased with herself. She swiveled her head to gaze at the thrush she was to hunt. She quickly turned and, with a quick flick of her fluffy tail, she crept toward the fragile creature. It struggled with its prey, a fat worm. The sight of the blobby creature made her freeze up. Her fur fluffed up, making her look bigger. It also drew the bird’s attention to her. With a shrill alarm call, it released its prey and flew out of sight.

Windypaw’s heart was pounding in her chest, her amber eyes locked on the worm, which was wriggling around, struggling to find its way back to the dark safety belowground. Her claws instinctively unsheathed. She tried to back away, but her legs couldn't move. Fernglow quickly trotted beside her, his face full of concern.

”Windypaw, are you okay? Windypaw? Windypaw!” Fernglow’s worried voice jolted her out of her fear. She quickly turned to stare into her mentor’s mint-green eyes, her own amber eyes wide.

”Y-yes, I’m okay. I’m sorry, Fernglow.” Windypaw hung her head. Fernglow simply sighed.

”Let’s go back to camp.”